Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a period of bad carb cravings recently, back on track today, I know my cravings are how I deal with stressful periods in my life so learning that I can whip it back into shape is a lesson I’ve learned this year. Listening to my body has been my biggest achievement this year. How does everyone deal with those craving periods?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I know if bad but I have a tiny amount of the food i crave like 1/4 of a cookie. If you want I can also suggest some keto websites?

Anyone still on this or starting it?

I lost about 3 and a half stone over the course of nearly a year in 2018 through reducing my carbs (because I have no sense of control with them) and exercise three times a week. I was keeping the weight off but then lockdown hit and put a stop to all of that and in part due to wfh and in part due to work taking over my life for a time I haven't got back into an exercise regime so my weight has gradually crept up again.

I have about two and a half stone to lose (three would be ideal), with as much as possible before mid-May. So I thought I'd try and jump-start some weightloss with keto.

It's day 3 for me today and I've lost just over 4lbs so far. I know that that will be mostly water or just a bit of a reset post-Christmas but I never normally see a quick initial loss so it's very motivating, particularly as I had a real headache yesterday and was tired enough for a midday nap. So far the headache is slightly better today, but let's see how it goes.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone still on this or starting it?

I lost about 3 and a half stone over the course of nearly a year in 2018 through reducing my carbs (because I have no sense of control with them) and exercise three times a week. I was keeping the weight off but then lockdown hit and put a stop to all of that and in part due to wfh and in part due to work taking over my life for a time I haven't got back into an exercise regime so my weight has gradually crept up again.

I have about two and a half stone to lose (three would be ideal), with as much as possible before mid-May. So I thought I'd try and jump-start some weightloss with keto.

It's day 3 for me today and I've lost just over 4lbs so far. I know that that will be mostly water or just a bit of a reset post-Christmas but I never normally see a quick initial loss so it's very motivating, particularly as I had a real headache yesterday and was tired enough for a midday nap. So far the headache is slightly better today, but let's see how it goes.
I have had real good results with keto I’m 2019 I lost 80 lbs but pandemic life over two years was challenging and I completely gave up, so 2022 I got back on it and lost 53lb I gained some back over December as I was in a bad mental health place and carbs are my comfort.. so here I am back on track again, I’m still 34 lbs down so not completely starting over, i would love to find accountability partners on here to report to each week, I weigh on a Wednesday. Anyone want join me in a weekly weigh in report ?

I have had real good results with keto I’m 2019 I lost 80 lbs but pandemic life over two years was challenging and I completely gave up, so 2022 I got back on it and lost 53lb I gained some back over December as I was in a bad mental health place and carbs are my comfort.. so here I am back on track again, I’m still 34 lbs down so not completely starting over, i would love to find accountability partners on here to report to each week, I weigh on a Wednesday. Anyone want join me in a weekly weigh in report ?
Ooh yes. I weigh myself every morning and tend to go by my Fitbit's average weight calculation for the week, which I get on a Sunday. I know people say you shouldn't weight yourself every day but personally I prefer doing it that way as the average smooths out any daily fluctuations.

Ooh yes. I weigh myself every morning and tend to go by my Fitbit's average weight calculation for the week, which I get on a Sunday. I know people say you shouldn't weight yourself every day but personally I prefer doing it that way as the average smooths out any daily fluctuations.
Sounds good we can keep each other on track !!

How long have you been doing it? What's your experience been so far?
I lost 6 kilos three years ago .I used metagenix products like a morning shake and their protein bars. It was basically a supervised diet but I put on 4 kilos which I intend to lose. Just do a palm sized protein and veges for two meals and a shake per day plus snacks.

I'm starting back on keto again. I lost 2stone back in 2019 and it helped me get pregnant. I find it so easy once into it but the last 2.5years with wfh and maternity leave and breastfeeding I have struggled to lose the weight and stick to keto. But determined to start again now..i have about 40lbs to lose so combining keto with 20000 steps a day 🤞

Right, so my first five days (I started Tuesday):
Starting weight: 12 st
Current weight: 11 st 8 lbs (6 lbs lost)
Average weight for the week: 11 st 9.8 lbs.

I'm heading in the right direction on my keto urine sticks so I'm hoping that if I can keep it up over the next few weeks that I could be somewhere around 11 stone by the end of the month.

At some point my plan is to move off keto and move to a more sustainable low carb and low sugar diet combined with more exercise but actually January is the ideal time for a diet like this. Although I'm back to work in the office two days a week from this week so that will make things more difficult, although I plan to prepare to avoid falling off my little keto wagon.

Right, so my first five days (I started Tuesday):
Starting weight: 12 st
Current weight: 11 st 8 lbs (6 lbs lost)
Average weight for the week: 11 st 9.8 lbs.

I'm heading in the right direction on my keto urine sticks so I'm hoping that if I can keep it up over the next few weeks that I could be somewhere around 11 stone by the end of the month.

At some point my plan is to move off keto and move to a more sustainable low carb and low sugar diet combined with more exercise but actually January is the ideal time for a diet like this. Although I'm back to work in the office two days a week from this week so that will make things more difficult, although I plan to prepare to avoid falling off my little keto wagon.
That’s awesome!
My weigh in day is Wednesday so I’ll post as soon as I weigh,
I no longer use keto strips as I was in ketosis so long that they no longer registered, I thought about buying a keto blood monitor but it’s quiet expensive and I can tell by my body when I’m in full ketosis now.
I’m pretty good at meal prepping food for work days. I made lots of soup last week and I have managed to find a nice low carb bread finally called carbanaut ( I think) we are starting to get more keto choices here finally.
Keep it going @Megansnarkle 🎉

Weigh In Wednesday
My first weigh in since getting back on the keto train last week and I lost 5.6lbs !!!
Im feeling determined again and back in my keto mind set, I will be reporting here each Wednesday so feel free to keep me accountable 😁

Weigh In Wednesday
My first weigh in since getting back on the keto train last week and I lost 5.6lbs !!!
Im feeling determined again and back in my keto mind set, I will be reporting here each Wednesday so feel free to keep me accountable 😁
Woohoo. That's amazing! Excellent start.

• Heart
Weigh In Wednesday
That's great well done! It's so easy when you get back in the zone - keep going! I went out for lunch today and resisted cakes and chips😂 so proud

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Well done on the weight losses!

I’m going to join in here if that’s ok; I started this (again) recently. What amazes me about Keto is how much it reduces your appetite. I get ‘normal’ hungry, not craving for crap. It really resets something in my brain and body.

I’ve tried other methods of fatloss and although keto is hard for the first few days, it’s the only way of eating that really works for me. It’s just that when I fall off the wagon, I seem to forget that!

I’m about 2.5 weeks back in and I’m not weighing but just going by how I look and feel. Much happier so far!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well done on the weight losses!

I’m going to join in here if that’s ok; I started this (again) recently. What amazes me about Keto is how much it reduces your appetite. I get ‘normal’ hungry, not craving for crap. It really resets something in my brain and body.

I’ve tried other methods of fatloss and although keto is hard for the first few days, it’s the only way of eating that really works for me. It’s just that when I fall off the wagon, I seem to forget that!

I’m about 2.5 weeks back in and I’m not weighing but just going by how I look and feel. Much happier so far!
That is the best way to do it. often people become discouraged by the scales even though they are literally dropping dress sizes. The best way is to either just go by how you start to look, and how your clothes fit or measure yourself once a week or month and throw the scales in the bin if you are the type to be obsessed with lbs rather than inches.

For me it's how I feel mentally and physically how my mind becomes clearer no fatigue my joints stop hurting, I feel motivated. never hungry

The trouble is if you get kicked out of ketosis , or don't carry snacks and suddenly hunger grabs you the cravings come back, then once you fall its hard to re-start also you get overconfident because you feel so good you believe oh a few chips won't hurt. Then you are in the grip of carb cravings and it all crashes and you have to start again, it's not as easy as restarting other WOEs there are consequences as it takes a while to get back into ketosis

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi. I have started keto again as I lost two stone a few years back then gradually my old habits came back. I then stopped smoking and have slowly gained most back

Been back on it a week and lost 6lbs but dropped a dress size already. I find it's getting back into it the hardest but I am not craving carbs and have had no sweet stuff either.
I look at all the fake cakes but find I am better just having no cakes at all. I eat strawberries if I fancy a sweet hit.
This is a great thread to keep us all motivated ☺

Reactions: 4
How’s everyone doing? I’m almost three weeks in now, just started my period but did not have my usual week of cravings before. I do have a bit of dark chocolate here and there.