Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doing ok. Last night I tried my first keto-substitute, a keto pizza base mix (so far I've been sticking to real food but keto). We always have pizza night on a Friday and so I wanted to be able to continue that and also have a meal that felt a bit more like a regular treat. It was actually not too bad. Slightly more on the cake-y side of bread in terms of texture but as a short-term substitute, alright. I also had a gin and slimline tonic and one chocolate as a reward for doing my tax return but today I'm back on it in terms of being stricter.

Reactions: 3
Been on keto since Monday and lost 3.6kg so happy with that! Going to try make a keto Chinese takeaway tonight, wish me luck 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Right, so my first five days (I started Tuesday):
Starting weight: 12 st
Current weight: 11 st 8 lbs (6 lbs lost)
Average weight for the week: 11 st 9.8 lbs.
Week 2
Average weight for the week: 11 st 6.1 lbs.

So 3.7 lbs down on last week's average.

Not bad. If I carry on at this rate then I should be at somewhere around 10 and a half stone by mid-Feb, at which time I'm hoping to switch to a diet that is more sustainable for me in the long term and also start proper cardio again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Week 2
Average weight for the week: 11 st 6.1 lbs.

So 3.7 lbs down on last week's average.

Not bad. If I carry on at this rate then I should be at somewhere around 10 and a half stone by mid-Feb, at which time I'm hoping to switch to a diet that is more sustainable for me in the long term and also start proper cardio again.
Yay!! Awesome 👏

Reactions: 4
Another 1LB this week which I’m happy with as I had a couple of days that were a struggle… I know I was stress eating so now figuring ways to deal with my stress that’s not food related.

Lost 4lbs this week but am now doing IF and OMAD and I feel amazing for it. Remembered why I loved it before. So many more benefits than just weight loss.

• Heart
I’ve did Keto in 2020 just before lockdown and did it for 4 months and lost 42lb and felt great
Unfortunately due to stress with looking after my elderly mum ( who passed away a year ago ) I managed to put most of it back on
Started again Tuesday already 2.5 lbs down. My tips are don’t weigh every day or even every week after 1st couple as your body is healing and once it’s done that the weight will fly off. I do IF once the first week or so has passed . Also at the beginning try to eat clean and not have too many substitutes.

• Heart
I’ve did Keto in 2020 just before lockdown and did it for 4 months and lost 42lb and felt great
Unfortunately due to stress with looking after my elderly mum ( who passed away a year ago ) I managed to put most of it back on
Started again Tuesday already 2.5 lbs down. My tips are don’t weigh every day or even every week after 1st couple as your body is healing and once it’s done that the weight will fly off. I do IF once the first week or so has passed . Also at the beginning try to eat clean and not have too many substitutes.
I find weighing every day works better for me. If I weigh weekly I expect a bigger drop then daily so get disheartened. I do agree though , with keto take body measurements as they give a better picture than weight. Good luck. You have done it once so can again. I am so sorry about your Mum x

I find weighing every day works better for me. If I weigh weekly I expect a bigger drop then daily so get disheartened. I do agree though , with keto take body measurements as they give a better picture than weight. Good luck. You have done it once so can again. I am so sorry about your Mum x
Same. I weigh every day and then take the average for the week. It means that you see the overall trend downwards rather than feeling like you haven't lost anything if you happen to weigh on a day when your weight has fluctuated upwards.

Agree about an app..i use carb manager. Keep it simple. Meat , eggs, avocado, oils , salads ,nuts . Fill up on fat so you don't snack.
Thank you that’s helpful x

My best advice is use a keto App, there are lots and some are free but I find it easy to keep track plus it gives me all the nutritional information I need for virtually any food
Thank you I’ll have a look on AppStore see what I can find x

Reactions: 1
Also maybe look at taking electrolytes, they can help with any headaches or keto flu for the first few days. Lots of water too