Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So happy to hear this 🤣 they’re very spenny so I hope they’re good! Got designs on a sausage sandwich tomorrow morning so hoping they turn up soon!

I do find it gives me the best results and it’s a way of eating I can stick to relatively easily!

4lbs down today 😍
What would you say are your firm lunch and dinner favourites? Any good things to buy, snacks, alternatives? I’m so out of touch with the diet!

What would you say are your firm lunch and dinner favourites? Any good things to buy, snacks, alternatives? I’m so out of touch with the diet!
Definitely eggs bacon chipolatas for breakfast, I get gluten free ones from tescos. I want to start having Chaffles as well which are so good but I forget about them! Maybe after my low carb bread has gone. Heinz do a low carb ketchup which is a game changer

Lunch i like halloumi and chorizo salads atm, I’ve found that tesco do a low sugar bbq sauce so I’ve been using that and ranch as the salad dressing which is amazing. If not I tend that to have deli meat and mozzarella, olives, loads of lettuce 🥬 and some olive and balsamic dressing

Dinner is just meat and veg tbh! I don’t have it in me to get too creative after work but no lean meat and stick to green veg, we’ve had beef brisket, chicken thighs, sausages and pork steaks this week. I would like to make the fathead pizza dough again because it’s so good

Snacks I like are cheesies, dark chocolate, babybel and pepperami, also Iceland do some salt and pepper wings that are like 0g carbs, you get about 24 in a pack for 3 quid and they’re so good!

Today’s menu came to about 1600 calories
B - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs and cheese

L - chorizo and halloumi salad with bbq and ranch dressing

D - sausages and green beans

S - 2 packs of cheesies and a square of dark chocolate

Reactions: 2
Definitely eggs bacon chipolatas for breakfast, I get gluten free ones from tescos. I want to start having Chaffles as well which are so good but I forget about them! Maybe after my low carb bread has gone. Heinz do a low carb ketchup which is a game changer

Lunch i like halloumi and chorizo salads atm, I’ve found that tesco do a low sugar bbq sauce so I’ve been using that and ranch as the salad dressing which is amazing. If not I tend that to have deli meat and mozzarella, olives, loads of lettuce 🥬 and some olive and balsamic dressing

Dinner is just meat and veg tbh! I don’t have it in me to get too creative after work but no lean meat and stick to green veg, we’ve had beef brisket, chicken thighs, sausages and pork steaks this week. I would like to make the fathead pizza dough again because it’s so good

Snacks I like are cheesies, dark chocolate, babybel and pepperami, also Iceland do some salt and pepper wings that are like 0g carbs, you get about 24 in a pack for 3 quid and they’re so good!

Today’s menu came to about 1600 calories
B - 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs and cheese

L - chorizo and halloumi salad with bbq and ranch dressing

D - sausages and green beans

S - 2 packs of cheesies and a square of dark chocolate
That sounds pretty bang on what I used to do. My absolute vice is Diet Coke and booze though so just need to su and be strong hahaha

Reactions: 1
That sounds pretty bang on what I used to do. My absolute vice is Diet Coke and booze though so just need to su and be strong hahaha
I still have two cans of Diet Coke a day, gotta have something other than water!

I’ve just bought this book, it’s got good reviews so will report back! The dark chocolate and raspberry tart looks insane

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Any good places (website, books?) to start please? Total beginner but get the feeling it might suit me as I’m not really into bread, pasta, potatoes etc. tbh. I’m happy with meat, sauces, and veg- always have been - so it feels really suited to me? Overwhelming where to start tho...

Any good places (website, books?) to start please? Total beginner but get the feeling it might suit me as I’m not really into bread, pasta, potatoes etc. tbh. I’m happy with meat, sauces, and veg- always have been - so it feels really suited to me? Overwhelming where to start tho...
It’s actually really simple once you read up on it, I’d check out diet doctor and if you use Reddit the Keto uk forum, they have an faq that’s really helpful and they often post food recommendations.
As long as you stick with meat, veg and fat you can’t go far wrong 😁

Personally I think if you stick to the carb limit it keeps it more simple, i use nutra check and if counts the carbs in my food for me so it’s as easy as possible

Attachments

• Heart
I found an app called carb manager really really helpful. I even paid for the subscription to include recipes. Had some amazing stuff on there and also really really gives you an idea of carb content of virtually any food!

• Heart
I’m back on keto after a couple of months off. I initially lost a stone and a half and have another stone to go.

What I love about keto is that my sugar levels are stable and I don’t have cravings or sugar crashes. And I’m never ravenously hungry. When I have carbs I’m always looking for my next fix! I don’t get that on keto.

Reactions: 5
I’m back on keto after a couple of months off. I initially lost a stone and a half and have another stone to go.

What I love about keto is that my sugar levels are stable and I don’t have cravings or sugar crashes. And I’m never ravenously hungry. When I have carbs I’m always looking for my next fix! I don’t get that on keto.
Yeah I don’t feel those hunger pangs at all, it’s really refreshing. Just need to break the snack habit now!

Just received my bread order and it looks amazing, the rolls look great. Can’t wait to try them 😍

B - 2 sausages, bacon, cheese and 50% less sugar ketchup

L - chorizo and halloumi bbq ranch salad

D - slow cooker chicken satay and green beans

my Keto cookbook arrived today and it looks so good! It’s been a good day for deliveries 😂

B - 2 sausages, bacon, cheese and 50% less sugar ketchup

L - chorizo and halloumi bbq ranch salad

D - slow cooker chicken satay and green beans

my Keto cookbook arrived today and it looks so good! It’s been a good day for deliveries 😂

You can get completely sugar/sweetener-free sauces etc. Hunter-gatherer or the sauce shop. I used to make my own but it's a bit fussy and those two places make great sauce.

For a snack I make scotch eggs. I wrap the egg in sausages meat and either dip in egg and use crushed pork crunch/rinds for a coating before cooking or wrap in bacon and then cook. Very filling.

• Heart
You can get completely sugar/sweetener-free sauces etc. Hunter-gatherer or the sauce shop. I used to make my own but it's a bit fussy and those two places make great sauce.

For a snack I make scotch eggs. I wrap the egg in sausages meat and either dip in egg and use crushed pork crunch/rinds for a coating before cooking or wrap in bacon and then cook. Very filling.
Thanks I’ll have a look at those! Are they nice? I tried some sugar free ones before and they tasted a little funny to me

I’ve made similar scotch eggs wrapped in bacon and they were so good, I think it was by someone called caveman Keto 🤔 but it was a few years ago now. Might have to research because thinking about it they made a great breakfast and easy on the go!

Thanks I’ll have a look at those! Are they nice? I tried some sugar free ones before and they tasted a little funny to me

I’ve made similar scotch eggs wrapped in bacon and they were so good, I think it was by someone called caveman Keto 🤔 but it was a few years ago now. Might have to research because thinking about it they made a great breakfast and easy on the go!
Most of the sugar-free have sweeteners but these are unsweetened. I like them but I have been low-carb ( 15g or less a day) for many years so my taste buds are different now.

Most of the sugar-free have sweeteners but these are unsweetened. I like them but I have been low-carb ( 15g or less a day) for many years so my taste buds are different now.
Oh wow 15g! Could I ask what kind of things you eat? I struggle sometimes with the veg as it can quickly add up

I mostly have fat and protein. The more of that you have the less hungry you are. I also don't eat breakfast but have a butter coffee when I get up about 4/5 am and then don't eat anything else until late lunchtime

I have cauliflower, broccoli, dark greens. Also, I have Konjac flour (carb-free) noodles and rice etc. I don't buy low-carb goodies as they are stopping you from fully benefiting from being very low carb. The fewer sweet things you have the easier it gets I also don have any grain low carb or not. sweet things and grain things do give you more cravings. I am a carb addict so the fewer I have the better for me.

If I eat low carb I am never hungry, if I eat carbs I'm never sated, it's like my stomach is a bottomless pit that will never get full. I went from living to eat to eating to live. I am always in ketosis and it's amazing for my mental health. good steady energy no high/low like you get with eating carbs

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I mostly have fat and protein. The more of that you have the less hungry you are. I also don't eat breakfast but have a butter coffee when I get up about 4/5 am and then don't eat anything else until late lunchtime

I have cauliflower, broccoli, dark greens. Also, I have Konjac flour (carb-free) noodles and rice etc. I don't buy low-carb goodies as they are stopping you from fully benefiting from being very low carb. The fewer sweet things you have the easier it gets I also don have any grain low carb or not. sweet things and grain things do give you more cravings. I am a carb addict so the fewer I have the better for me.

If I eat low carb I am never hungry, if I eat carbs I'm never sated, it's like my stomach is a bottomless pit that will never get full. I went from living to eat to eating to live. I am always in ketosis and it's amazing for my mental health. good steady energy no high/low like you get with eating carbs
Thank you; that’s really interesting to read. I have to say I feel so much better already. I can’t say I’ll never eat carbs again but I prefer how I feel and I really don’t feel hungry at all. I would usually be hungry in between meals and couldn’t wait for the next one!

Had one of the low carb rolls with bacon and sausage this morning and it was so good! Barely noticed a difference so I’d definitely buy them again. I’ll try the sliced bread tomorrow but I’m a happy chappy so far 😁

B - Low carb roll, bacon and 2 chipolatas, ketchup

L - prosciutto and mozzarella salad with pesto

D - pork steak with broccoli and mayonnaise

S - cheesies