Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really feel any different nor do I think my body looks any different either. I don't know if this "whoosh" is a real thing and your body will start to lose 2lb a week after you get past the 6 week phase. Really hoping so. It's disheartening how long it can take to lose weight.
What does a typical day of meals look like for you?

What does a typical day of meals look like for you?
Breakfast is just a coffee with lactose free milk.
I don’t get hungry until around 1pm so I’ll have a low carb high meat content burger with cheese and salad or I make tuna burgers from a can of tuna, one egg, cheese and salt & pepper which I’ll have with salad, or I make soup with broccoli, one veg stock cube and an avocado blitz it up in my nutribullet and add some cheese. Also I like courgette boats with 500g mince, mushrooms, tiny bit of onion, half a can of chopped tomatoes, one oxo cube, dash of Worcestershire sauce, scoop into courgette boats top with mozzarella then bake in the oven. The 500g mince will do my husband a large meal with pasta then I’ll have one courgette with the meat and cheese then have left over meat for lunch the following day.
Dinner is mostly chicken/cod cooked in butter/steak with just boiled cabbage, salad or cauliflower cheese made with cream and cheese.
Snacks are Dairylea triangles/pepperoni/pepperami/fridge raiders chicken/a few strawberries/small handful of cashews.

I don’t really feel overly hungry so I don’t feel as though I need to up my fats which is what the suggestion always is. I hate eggs so I don’t want to be doing any egg fasting.
Exercise is 90 mins in the gym and walking around 6/7 miles every 2 days. I drink about 3-4 litres of water a day too.

So I started keto about 5 days ago... I'm really enjoying it! I like the fact I'm not hungry, and I love cheese/meat/green leafy veg, so that's me sorted. I've lost 6lbs so far... I was a carb queen so I assume my body is in shock a bit, so expect this to slow down. Need to lose about 2stone to be in my happy place though.
Anyone else ever found they feel a little bit sicky in the mornings though? Only been the last couple of days but 🤢

Reactions: 1
Yeah I felt sick for the first week or so. Part of it I think was the detoxing but also getting used to eating fat where I had previously been on a low fat diet. It did pass 😊

Anyone else ever found they feel a little bit sicky in the mornings though? Only been the last couple of days but 🤢
When I first started I felt painfully nauseous, swapping from low fat (SW) to high fat was pretty intense!

This is an old thread but the only one I can see so hopefully someone will see it! I’m on day 2 of keto and feel so rough - sick, absolutely knackered, dizzy, heavy. Just need some reassurance that this is normal and it passes…right??

Reactions: 2
This is an old thread but the only one I can see so hopefully someone will see it! I’m on day 2 of keto and feel so rough - sick, absolutely knackered, dizzy, heavy. Just need some reassurance that this is normal and it passes…right??
Take some electrolytes xx

It does pass! Sounds like Keto flu, hopefully it should pass in a few days, good luck!

Thank you! Feeling a bit better today but still not ‘right’. What where how do I take electrolytes??

You can buy them to dissolve in water to make a drink, but be careful they're sugar free ones. Or for a homemade rough and ready version, put a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice into a glass of water. Basically the first thing keto does is get you to burn through your glycogen, which gets rid of water retention and that in turn messes up your body's electrolyte balance temporarily and gives you the 'carb flu' symptoms.

I bought sugar free dissolvable ones off Amazon. If i got desperate, I added a tiny bit of salt to a glass of sugar free squash. (Not sure if you are meant to have SF squash if you're being strict but it didn't do me any harm)

I’m reviving this thread, as evidenced by my entries on what I eat in a day thread my eating is anything but Keto and it’s showing 🤣 there’s only so much exercise you can do to outrun a bad diet! Keto gives me amazing results so it’s a no brainer for me and I’m hoping I’ll shift a few before Christmas - my stomach is so bloated

Today’s food
Bacon cheese and ham omelette
Halloumi and chorizo salad with some guac
Chicken thighs, broccoli and Mayo

I don’t dare weigh in after the weekend I’ve had but I’ll be posting results once I’ve braved it

Good day today! Day 2 done and feeling alright actually, would usually have some headaches but all ok. Feel much better already and lighter in myself

B - carbzone wrap with bacon eggs and cheese
L - halloumi and chorizo salad with guac
D - pork steak and cheesy green beans
S - packet of cheesies which are bloody great, will probably have some dark chocolate during bake off

I’m bath much in the camp of if it fits my macros it’s fine, aiming for less than 30g carbs a day

Another day on track yassss, 3 lbs down this week so far

B - two sausages, bacon, Mayo, Keto wrap
L - 6 chicken wing
D - beef brisket and bbq ranch salad
S - packet of cheesies and square of dark chocolate

I’ve got a bread and roll order coming from the low carb company (hopefully tomorrow) and I’m hoping for good things, reviews look good!

Another day on track yassss, 3 lbs down this week so far

B - two sausages, bacon, Mayo, Keto wrap
L - 6 chicken wing
D - beef brisket and bbq ranch salad
S - packet of cheesies and square of dark chocolate

I’ve got a bread and roll order coming from the low carb company (hopefully tomorrow) and I’m hoping for good things, reviews look good!
The bread and the rolls are fantastic, I can vouch for a serious cheese toastie addiction!!! Texture can be a bit weird at first but they are scrummy.

I’m jumping back on this because I want to do a big push before Christmas and I just really need some lunch and dinner inspo!

The bread and the rolls are fantastic, I can vouch for a serious cheese toastie addiction!!! Texture can be a bit weird at first but they are scrummy.
So happy to hear this 🤣 they’re very spenny so I hope they’re good! Got designs on a sausage sandwich tomorrow morning so hoping they turn up soon!

I’m jumping back on this because I want to do a big push before Christmas and I just really need some lunch and dinner inspo!
I do find it gives me the best results and it’s a way of eating I can stick to relatively easily!

4lbs down today 😍