Kerry Conway #9 Bandwagon Hopper, Bargain Bin Shopper!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do some parents feel the need to brag about what their kids are doing ‘potty trainings going really well’ honestly no one cares if your kid is pissing in her nappy, pants or in a potty. When something happens or how long It takes does not matter in the grand scheme of things - you‘d think she’d know that now she’s on baby number 3.

She definitely would have been that annoying mum bragging about sleeping through the night if it had happened with Roma 🙈
Well by chance I started potty training mine the same day...
And hes been out 3 times in pants with no accidents
So Kerry best get a move on because miracle child Roma is slacking 🤣🤣

** disclaimer, I'm not seriously trying to brag. My son is also a year older than Roma so in that sense I did tit. But we do know how much it would piss Kerry off that Roma didnt perfect it straight away 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well done to Roma!

But a little strange to me that she chooses to not share her kids faces but will share their toilet habits 🤔 plus in that picture Roma is actually wearing a nappy, so maybe not very well thought through post!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
She just rushed it so she could say she trained her before she turned 2.
Who the fudge cares? Why do people feel they have to tell the world about their kids toilet habits, and it’s not just influencers.
potty training can be so stressful for parents and when these people brag about it it just gets other down about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Unfortunately for many parents it’s (for some unknown reason) seen as a way of showing what a great parent you are. If you “get them trained” early you are somehow seen as “better”. Which is ridiculous cause kids do it when they want to. Look at Aria for heavens sake!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow. Some people really do feel they have something to prove. I said before, I know this mum and she made sure all her kids were potty trained by the age of 2. They used to walk to or home from the school run in wet leggings/squelchy shoes having had an accident. Go to the park to play and have an accident. She even took them to soft play and they wee'd in there. This mum still persevered. She is a very strict (and very harsh imo) parent. I have no idea why she wanted them potty trained by age 2. It seems crazy to me and just not nice for the kids because they suffered

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Wow. Some people really do feel they have something to prove. I said before, I know this mum and she made sure all her kids were potty trained by the age of 2. They used to walk to or home from the school run in wet leggings/squelchy shoes having had an accident. Go to the park to play and have an accident. She even took them to soft play and they wee'd in there. This mum still persevered. She is a very strict (and very harsh imo) parent. I have no idea why she wanted them potty trained by age 2. It seems crazy to me and just not nice for the kids because they suffered
I dont get the obsession by age 2! Tbh potty training is without a doubt the worst parenting task I've had to do to date! Its hell! And it's harder. Chucking a few nappies and pack of wipes in a bag is much easier than 3 changes of clothes and a potty when it's time to go out. I don't get the rush! Both mine have been closer to 3 and asked to wear pants and I've still hated doing it!

Reactions: 7
That’s horrendous :(

I dont get the obsession by age 2! Tbh potty training is without a doubt the worst parenting task I've had to do to date! Its hell! And it's harder. Chucking a few nappies and pack of wipes in a bag is much easier than 3 changes of clothes and a potty when it's time to go out. I don't get the rush! Both mine have been closer to 3 and asked to wear pants and I've still hated doing it!
You’re so right, it’s awful! For the first week or two it’s ok, you expect the harder days. But after that when you still have to ask all the time and have so many spare clothes you reach the point of “why did I do this?!” 🤣 my youngest is coming up to 2 so it’s on the horizon for us again in the next year. Can’t wait.

I just watched her fridge and pantry tour. That’s 10 minutes I’m never getting back. Why did I bother?!

Reactions: 2
That’s shocking!

Reactions: 2
Honestly, easiest way to potty train is leave them to it. They will pick up on what everyone else in the house does. I had a potty in my living room before my little boy could crawl he was so used it being there. I would always tell him what it was. I literally didn't have to potty train him, he did it himself. Obviously you help them. All children will figure it out themselves when they're ready. My oldest was about 2 and my other two were about 3. Trying to force it just make it harder and a more anxious time for them. I don't get the obsession with them being potty trained as early as possible I really don't!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Now I follow Gentle Parenting, which is what Kerry claims to follow (sometimes when the hashtag suits!) and I followed the potty training guide. So she’s already mixing messages by putting her in nappies sometimes but letting her go in the potty other times.
It also talks about being physically ready for potty training, rather than ‘oh she’s 2, time to potty train’. Some children aren’t ready until 4 and no amount of rewards/all singing potty/praise is going to change that. Potty training should take less than 7 days and if it doesn’t then they are not ready. But how is Kerry going to know this is Roma is sometimes going on the potty and sometimes in a nappy. Far too confusing for the poor little one.

Reactions: 5
I’m pretty sure she has two sets of wooden stuff as Kerry was sent one set. She didn’t mention the shop it was from and she also didn’t seem to realise the utensils had Roma’s name on.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Now I follow Gentle Parenting, which is what Kerry claims to follow (sometimes when the hashtag suits!) and I followed the potty training guide. So she’s already mixing messages by putting her in nappies sometimes but letting her go in the potty other times.
It also talks about being physically ready for potty training, rather than ‘oh she’s 2, time to potty train’. Some children aren’t ready until 4 and no amount of rewards/all singing potty/praise is going to change that. Potty training should take less than 7 days and if it doesn’t then they are not ready. But how is Kerry going to know this is Roma is sometimes going on the potty and sometimes in a nappy. Far too confusing for the poor little one.
Agree... as much as I hate potty training once I've started it I dont go back to nappies at all! Other than night time.
2 days at home, naked. 1 day at home in pants then out armed with spares and a potty. No switching between because you fancy going out and dont want to brave no nappies

Reactions: 3
It just depends on the individual child doesn’t it. My little girl never took to the potty at all. I tried many times with her, but she wasn’t interested in it. So instead I got one of those toilet seats that just sits on top of the toilet and voila! It took about 4 days (with a nappy for night time)
I agree about nappies for going out being confusing for the child. I may have been quite lucky in that most places I went I was never that far from a toilet so it just worked for us to never use them for days out once she switched to knickers.

That’s shocking!
I know. There's more too but I won't derail the thread and I'll probably write an essay

I definitely agree. My children were age 3 and picked it up in a matter of days, maybe 1 or 2 accidents but that's it. After then, it didn't take long for them to be dry at night either. It's because they were ready. I didn't pick a certain age and start. I knew they weren't ready at 2 or 2 and a half.
I was internally panicking at the time thinking they would start school and still be in a nappy 😆
They just need to be ready

Last edited:
Reactions: 1