Kerry Conway #8 finally moved the sofas, oh the grime! Come on Pais, it’s phonics time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I saw yesterday from Kerry which I loved was a response to someone saying her so so BFF is Indian, and she doesn’t see any different, race doesn’t matter. I know what she meant of course, but Kerry replied something along the lines of “it’s important as well not to be colourblind” which I think is such an important message and not one I’ve seen much of from other influencers.

I really respect her postings the last two days. 👏🏻👏🏻 Always give her credit where it’s due.
She’s so frustrating as she has moments where she is so relatable and posts decent content and then posts a Tesco haul full of sugar free everything and 7000 magnums 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My mum always says she doesn’t see my daughter’s race. To me that’s the same as saying I don’t want to deal with it. Don’t get me wrong she cherishes my daughter and I adore my mum but I find it a little ignorant and dismissive when people say they are colourblind.

Sorry to derail 😘

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s definitely trying, and I do believe she wants to educate herself, so kudos to her
She’s a bit like Claire Witt, largely inoffensive but just dull 99.9% of the time

Reactions: 8
I’m actually impressed with Kerry even more so as I don’t think she always does we’d things well, and often comes across poorly with what she has written. So to say things so well the last two days is particularly impressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My mum always says she doesn’t see my daughter’s race. To me that’s the same as saying I don’t want to deal with it. Don’t get me wrong she cherishes my daughter and I adore my mum but I find it a little ignorant and dismissive when people say they are colourblind.

Sorry to derail 😘
I think there needs to be a balance between acknowledging that colour is there and understanding that there shouldn't be a difference, in opportunity, rights or treatment because of it. Also, coming from a place close to where Kerry lives, which isn't a very diverse place, it's easy for people here to suggest that because they or their loved ones haven't been effected by it doesn't mean it doesn't and isn't happening...everyday!
I think Kerry has come across very well in the past two days.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just seen she commented on LJC's post 3 hours ago saying she was being trolled as they spoke.
I hope that she's not really being sent abuse because I really think she's been one of the best, most thoughtful people I follow with her posts.
And if it's that she was reading here rather than getting direct abuse, then...

Kezza, genuinely. Well done. You've done yourself proud these last few days and really highlighted how important is to educate ourselves about racism. You've done better and put out better messages than the bigger influencers such as Meldrum, Lucy, even Katie Ellison. 👏

P.s- I'm sorry for slagging off your fluffy sliders, the new sandals are much better 😂
However, should you wish for a new pair of fluffy sliders (strictly for house wear, not outside) I'll never comment about them again 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've just seen she commented on LJC's post 3 hours ago saying she was being trolled as they spoke.
I hope that she's not really being sent abuse because I really think she's been one of the best, most thoughtful people I follow with her posts.
And if it's that she was reading here rather than getting direct abuse, then...

Kezza, genuinely. Well done. You've done yourself proud these last few days and really highlighted how important is to educate ourselves about racism. You've done better and put out better messages than the bigger influencers such as Meldrum, Lucy, even Katie Ellison. 👏

P.s- I'm sorry for slagging off your fluffy sliders, the new sandals are much better 😂
However, should you wish for a new pair of fluffy sliders (strictly for house wear, not outside) I'll never comment about them again 🙂
This. and it means a lot coming from two people (me and you!) who have been very critical previously. I don’t know how someone can troll her efforts to share useful content at a difficult time. In comparison - Meldrum & RVK loves are largely silent (as is Joe Wicks) and Fopps continues to share what she had for tea and filtered pics of her twins.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This. and it means a lot coming from two people (me and you!) who have been very critical previously. I don’t know how someone can troll her efforts to share useful content at a difficult time. In comparison - Meldrum & RVK loves are largely silent (as is Joe Wicks) and Fopps continues to share what she had for tea and filtered pics of her twins.
Definitely, we might be tattle bastards, but we're fair ones 😂
Tbh I feel like I should apologise to her properly she's really impressed me with her stance on something that really matters. I've even ordered a couple of the kids books she shared!
God, I can't even go there with Meldrum she is one woman I can't stand and can't see any good in it all 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
I have a little pedantic gripe about Kerry: she can’t count. If Roma was born in August then she isn’t 20 months old. My October 2018 toddler is 20 months old, an August 2018 child is not 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Why does Kerry insist on tying Roma’s hair back and also use such thick bands! It looks rediculous Tied back, there is no need for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree about Kerry's posting recently. She seems to have actually been impacted by it and not seen it as just another bandwagon to jump on. Good on her.

I have a little pedantic gripe about Kerry: she can’t count. If Roma was born in August then she isn’t 20 months old. My October 2018 toddler is 20 months old, an August 2018 child is not 🤦🏻‍♀️
I think she does it purposefully to make Roma appear younger - and more advanced maybe? She’s said before oh she’s 18months (for example) when she has been 20 months. I’ve also got an October 2018 baby 😊

Why does Kerry insist on tying Roma’s hair back and also use such thick bands! It looks rediculous Tied back, there is no need for it.
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this! It’s about 5 hairs at the back, the front doesn’t even reach! She has done it with them all though.

• Haha
I think she does it purposefully to make Roma appear younger - and more advanced maybe? She’s said before oh she’s 18months (for example) when she has been 20 months. I’ve also got an October 2018 baby 😊

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this! It’s about 5 hairs at the back, the front doesn’t even reach! She has done it with them all though.
me too! Mine has a tonne of hair though, and always has done! Shame she hates it being touched 😂

Reactions: 1
me too! Mine has a tonne of hair though, and always has done! Shame she hates it being touched 😂
Yes I have very hairy children as well, both girls have piles of the stuff. I just whack a clip in to keep it from the wee ones eyes and be done with it. It’s like Russell Brand’s hair at the back 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.