Kerry Conway #14 Thinks she’s a parenting Queen, so she never needs to clean

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my, they’re hoping for it to be finished by CHRISTMAS!!! About 10 months for it to be done. That’s a long time to have a cold draughty house with a shed door as your back door!!! The amount of time and money they’re pouring into that glorified cupboard they could have used on the garden or something that’s actually worthwhile and is actually going to get used!!

Reactions: 10
I also appreciate what she means when she says weekends they want to spend out together. We find that a tricky balance in our house. Things always need done but my husband doesn’t want to spend his two days off not seeing the kids so they have to take a backseat (although we don’t have half built rooms to be fair!)
While I do understand what she is saying, I also think ‘why start it when you did, if you knew that Warren wouldn’t want to finish it at weekends.’
I want to decorate my bathroom (okay, not the same as bashing the shizzle out of it) but I want to do it when my daughter isn’t around so I’ve drafted in help of my stepdad to make sure it gets done and I’ve made sure I’ve got everything I need before I start.
Is this not another situation in which The Conways jump into something without thinking it through. I just couldn’t live with half started situations all round my house…..and finished by Christmas, did I read(not watched the vlog) Sienna will be another year older by then and approaching Aria’s birthday. Okay, the littlest 2 may get more use from it but I think Sienna is getting to the age where she wants to do more grown up stuff or be in her own room.

Reactions: 12
Oh my, they’re hoping for it to be finished by CHRISTMAS!!! About 10 months for it to be done. That’s a long time to have a cold draughty house with a shed door as your back door!!! The amount of time and money they’re pouring into that glorified cupboard they could have used on the garden or something that’s actually worthwhile and is actually going to get used!!
That's ridiculous when you think Kerry Whelpdale's house will have been pretty much completely demolished and rebuilt in less time. Why on earth didn't they save up for a few months and do it properly instead of starting it then having to break off. The house is going to be so cold and draughty if the weather turns chilly. Typical bull at a gate Conways.

Reactions: 5
Surely they will need to get it done before the weather gets cold again! Their house will be freezing!! Surely it’s a priority too get it done ASAP!! Not Mayb before Xmas 😱😂

It’s so tiny aswell seems like a whole waste of time and money!!

Reactions: 9
Not much room on the floor for the kids to play in that playroom and that's without the furniture Kerry wants to put in there. Seems a waste of time and money for such a small play space.

On her stories this morning - she's got all week to visit poundland when her kids at school, why on earth would she do that on a weekend? Surely spend quality time with her children?

That's ridiculous when you think Kerry Whelpdale's house will have been pretty much completely demolished and rebuilt in less time. Why on earth didn't they save up for a few months and do it properly instead of starting it then having to break off. The house is going to be so cold and draughty if the weather turns chilly. Typical bull at a gate Conways.
Thats not a very fair comparison though - kerry whelpdale is much better off than Kerry financially (well, their husbands!).

Thats not a very fair comparison though - kerry whelpdale is much better off than Kerry financially (well, their husbands!).
I think it is fair. Yes the Whelpdales are much better off but they have been in their house for two years, have carefully thought about the work they want to do, have had proper plans drawn up and have saved for it so it can be done professionally and to a timescale. The Conways, with a much smaller income and barely any savings, have just gone in with a picture or two Kerry has seen on Pinterest and a sledgehammer and started knocking walls down with no real building experience, no proper plans drawn up and no back up capital.

Reactions: 11
On her stories this morning - she's got all week to visit poundland when her kids at school, why on earth would she do that on a weekend? Surely spend quality time with her children?
Totally agree! It would be different if she worked all week, parents who work have no choice but to go shopping at weekends really. But she could go on any of the THREE days she has totally to herself!

Reactions: 4
How tiny is that storage room? I mean, playroom!

If she insists on using it as a proper room, they should definitely look at knocking the downstairs toilet through otherwise it's literally only good enough as a storage space.

I know downstairs loos are handy but they don't have enough room

I just watched the vlog did she actually just say that they don't want to get on with it when they aren't in the mood because they might cut corners and not do it properly 😏 maybe don't start something your not fully in to then!
I still think it would be better served as a utility room.

Reactions: 14
What furniture is going in? There’s no room. Maybe some wall mounted storage but that would be it. Maybe a beanbag at a push. Agree it should be a utility/boot room type thing. Is there room for a table and chairs for eating at I wonder. That would be more practical

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
What furniture is going in? There’s no room. Maybe some wall mounted storage but that would be it. Maybe a beanbag at a push. Agree it should be a utility/boot room type thing. Is there room for a table and chairs for eating at I wonder. That would be more practical
In Kerry’s head there will be a sofa, a bookcase, a Kallax unit, a table, beanbags, shelves, toy boxes……🤣 in reality there will be a load of junk which she will declutter every three months or so for content for YouTube

• Heart
Reactions: 9
In Kerry’s head there will be a sofa, a bookcase, a Kallax unit, a table, beanbags, shelves, toy boxes……🤣 in reality there will be a load of junk which she will declutter every three months or so for content for YouTube
A sofa?! I’ve kind of missed all of this. I watched a bit of the video and thought they were building a storage room at first. 🙈

• Haha
It would be a squeeze for a table and chairs to go in. And they arnt levelling the floor, you have to step down into it and the toilet is next to it I don't think it would be good as a dining room......unless they knock the toilet through

Reactions: 1
It would be a squeeze for a table and chairs to go in. And they arnt levelling the floor, you have to step down into it and the toilet is next to it I don't think it would be good as a dining room......unless they knock the toilet through
Missed the lack of levelling and toilet issue. Although Charlotte Taylor has a toilet right next to her dining table - which is fairly revolting. But - looking at it again - I don’t think there is space for a table as you say.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone else watch the food haul and notice something off about her rings? I dunno why my eye kept going to the rings it seems like they are too small or something?

I've just watched the food haul. She is so shoddy. She never groups her food together so its a smooth transition of a haul, its her job after all. She flits from veg to a bit of meat, fruit, then meat again, then fridge stuff. If you're gonna lay it all out, group it together! The camera also cuts out 3 or 4 times and she hasn't edited it out properly at all.

Also, they're having carbonara one evening but she isn't sure if that will be with spaghetti or pasta 🤣🤣🤣

did she really say it’s annoying she can’t send the snack she wants to school as it has nuts? Those kids with nut allergies are just so damn annoying, eh Kerry?!

And is it a fakeaway if you just buy it from the shop? 🧐 I thought takeaways were home made. She just has ready meals.

I've just watched the food haul. She is so shoddy. She never groups her food together so its a smooth transition of a haul, its her job after all. She flits from veg to a bit of meat, fruit, then meat again, then fridge stuff. If you're gonna lay it all out, group it together! The camera also cuts out 3 or 4 times and she hasn't edited it out properly at all.

Also, they're having carbonara one evening but she isn't sure if that will be with spaghetti or pasta 🤣🤣🤣
Kerry Whelpdale used to do her food hauls by meal, so grouped all the ingredients for each meal, which I really liked. It made so much more sense watching someone else’s food laid out like that, rather than just piles of stuff.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm sure she also said about the beef slow cooker broccoli dish, that the beef melts and is just like broccoli?!?!

A bit disrespectful to say that about the nut bars. Its no effort to make sure your kids don't take a bar with nuts in. Much less effort than the parents of those children with severe nut allergies!

I thought the same about the fake away. The point is to make the dish yourself.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.