KeepingKate #5 Begging for help so the baby naps, still running despite a prolapse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s posed me off today with the “becomes times are hard” sleep consultant advert! Times are hard you orange twit so who in their right mind would invest in such a frivolity as a sleep consultant?! What did they do before sleep consultants were invented ay? I’ll tell you what they did, they kept calm and carried on! She is a perfect example of what is wrong with my generation!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a baby a little older than hers and when my older one is at nursery theres nothing I love more than staying in with her and having all the cuddles and chilling out!

Young babies dont need strict routines. My baby is a truly awful sleeper at night at the moment, but I'm still going with the flow for now until she is a bit older.

Reactions: 3
I have a baby a little older than hers and when my older one is at nursery theres nothing I love more than staying in with her and having all the cuddles and chilling out!

Young babies dont need strict routines. My baby is a truly awful sleeper at night at the moment, but I'm still going with the flow for now until she is a bit older.
I can sympathise 🤦🏼‍♀️😴

I totally agree, I love the slow mornings & cuddles, time passes too quickly to not want to soak it all up!

I did wonder if she has PND as one of my sisters signs was never wanting to be in the house but in Kate's case it's probably so she can get her steps in 😏

Reactions: 1
Why is this something to be proud of?! So you went to your appointments big whoop! 👏🏻 honestly, why don’t you print a certificate and put it in your lockdown memory book. Honestly, why does she think this is a huge achievement it’s like a child running to tell their parents they just went to the toilet by themselves and expecting a big fuss made of them. Jaffa, you’re a grown up, start acting like one!

Attachments

Why is this something to be proud of?! So you went to your appointments big whoop! 👏🏻 honestly, why don’t you print a certificate and put it in your lockdown memory book. Honestly, why does she think this is a huge achievement it’s like a child running to tell their parents they just went to the toilet by themselves and expecting a big fuss made of them. Jaffa, you’re a grown up, start acting like one!
And what about those women, the single mums, widows, military wives, who do this regardless of covid? She’s so self absorbed!

Reactions: 11
And what about those women, the single mums, widows, military wives, who do this regardless of covid?
Makes my blood boil that she actually thinks she’s amazing for doing this. All these insta-famous people have such deluded, self-entitled opinions of themselves.

Reactions: 5
She didn’t even go through labour alone she had two people with her then bragged about flouting the rules!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s posed me off today with the “becomes times are hard” sleep consultant advert! Times are hard you orange twit so who in their right mind would invest in such a frivolity as a sleep consultant?! What did they do before sleep consultants were invented ay? I’ll tell you what they did, they kept calm and carried on! She is a perfect example of what is wrong with my generation!
she never fails to deliver does she 🙄🙄
Post partum hair loss 🙄
HDE 🙄
Sleep consultants?? Wtf?!! Let the baby be the baby!! Babies are well known for not sleeping but we just suck it up and get on with it. I’m glad all this crap wasn’t around when mine were born.
I used to really like her but she irritates me so much now. Self entitled brat.

I had a baby pre covid and I had lots of complications which meant trips to the hospital almost every day towards the latter stages and aside from my normal 2 scans at 12 and 20 weeks and a private gender scan at 16 weeks I went to all my appointments on my own because my husband works and we also have another child.... why are these people acting like heros? I'm as mad as anyone else that maternity services have gone to tit but people have been attending appointments alone for god knows how long just as a matter or circumstances. It would have looked strange had my husband came along to my midwife with me....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had a baby pre covid and I had lots of complications which meant trips to the hospital almost every day towards the latter stages and aside from my normal 2 scans at 12 and 20 weeks and a private gender scan at 16 weeks I went to all my appointments on my own because my husband works and we also have another child.... why are these people acting like heros? I'm as mad as anyone else that maternity services have gone to tit but people have been attending appointments alone for god knows how long just as a matter or circumstances. It would have looked strange had my husband came along to my midwife with me....
To be fair he'd have been entitled to go, companies can't stop partners from attending appointments, and if they do Citizens Advice can get on the case. I know a lot of people who prefer to have their partners there, especially for membrane sweeps and the early induction process. With my first having my partner there was actually really useful as he asked questions I'd forget about.

I agree though, they're not heroes for going to appointments alone. I went to my 12 and 20 week scan, and 2 visits to the maternity assesment unit for reduced movements alone and it was difficult, but I don't want a medal, I actually want to forget about the tit care that has been provided!

It has annoyed me that Kate has acted like she's the only one to have gone through this, but I guess she's like that with everything.

With regards to the baby not sleep, why doesn't she invest in a sling, or something rather than taking the pram everywhere? Both of my babies love the sling and sleep in it most of the time.

If she did a bit of research she'd probably know that. But everything she does is a trend 🙄😴

Reactions: 4
For some people they know they will be getting bad news and they have to attend that appointment completely alone, it’s terrifying to be honest.. I’m 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby and each appointment makes me so nervous, as it would have probably even before Covid due to the type of person I am, and now it’s even scarier that I’m having to do it without the support of anyone else. I get that people have to do it alone for many other reasons, but that doesn’t have to mean that my feelings (or any other pregnant woman’s feelings) are any less valid?
And I’m not saying I agree with the post she shared but also for some people it’s a huge thing to do all of it alone. Husbands ARE missing out on so much, with no other choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For some people they know they will be getting bad news and they have to attend that appointment completely alone, it’s terrifying to be honest.. I’m 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby and each appointment makes me so nervous, as it would have probably even before Covid due to the type of person I am, and now it’s even scarier that I’m having to do it without the support of anyone else. I get that people have to do it alone for many other reasons, but that doesn’t have to mean that my feelings (or any other pregnant woman’s feelings) are any less valid?
And I’m not saying I agree with the post she shared but also for some people it’s a huge thing to do all of it alone. Husbands ARE missing out on so much, with no other choice!
You’re feelings are valid but I’m guessing you’re not carrying on like you’re the only mother in the world to be going through it like she is and like she does with absolutely everything for engagement/attention and free stuff.

You’re feelings are valid but I’m guessing you’re not carrying on like you’re the only mother in the world to be going through it like she is and like she does with absolutely everything for engagement/attention and free stuff.
no im not, because I’m not an influencer and don’t have a huge insta following, but I suppose for me It’s nice to know that other pregnant women have felt the same and are feeling the same as me and I’m not being irrational when I’m feeling let down or upset over the fact my pregnancy is so different to how I ever imagined it to be.

Reactions: 2
no im not, because I’m not an influencer and don’t have a huge insta following, but I suppose for me It’s nice to know that other pregnant women have felt the same and are feeling the same as me and I’m not being irrational when I’m feeling let down or upset over the fact my pregnancy is so different to how I ever imagined it to be.
I guess that’s the difference between the two of you then. She’s not obligated to post, she chooses to be the attention-seeking, self-entitled, mother-earth she portrays. Not everything needs to be posted and a degree of sensitivity for single mothers who pre Covid had no choice but to go it alone, scared or not. She’s not an influencer, she’s an insensitive, spoiled brat.

I’ve done all this by myself, it’s nothing to be freaking proud of!!!! My unborn son (now born) needed me to be his parent and be strong and that’s what I did as HIS PARENT!!!! Xx

Reactions: 7
I wonder if the fact she’s quiet is because she’s gone away in half term somewhere... 👀

I reckon she’s away (CBeebies Land) and isn’t sticking to Annie’s sleep plan... she’s got it as an freebie #Ad from Calm and Bright but can’t be arsed to implement it so daren’t post that she’s out and about yet again. Poor Annie

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Didn’t they say they were going away at half term abroad? Not sure if I’m just making that up! 😂

Yes they were going to Turkey weren't they - she was going to lose all her baby weight by then (of course!!)

She actually has had to do none of them things.
She gave birth in may so was lucky to be 6 weeks away from birth when lockdown happened. Attention seeking at its best.

Pregnant women and mothers already have so much to contend with and now another thing to wear like a badge of honour.

I attended nearly all of my midwife/consultant appointments alone as my husband could have time off work. I didnt feel like a hero. That was 2016.

I empathise with anyone who has had to face devastating news alone during this time. But her experience was a matter of weeks and even then she had two people at her birth!

I just think motherhood is already so competitive, we really dont need to add another part to it.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.