KeepingKate #5 Begging for help so the baby naps, still running despite a prolapse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not going to lie, I get the whole missed maternity leave thing... my 2nd was 6 months old when we went into lockdown and I was gutted (and still am) that I never got to spend the time I had off with them in the way I wanted.

My first maternity leave was so different and it does made me sad to compare the two. Maternity leave can be really lonely and isolating at the best of times without having all your social life taken away from you.

HOWEVER, there have been some amazing upsides of it, my husband has worked from home for almost a year and it's meant he has seen so much more of the kids growing up and I've really loved the fact that he has been home more and more involved....

Kate has hardly been abiding by the rules and she she a dick for that, but i don't think it's fair to tell people that their feelings aren't valid.
I agree. I had my baby in the summer and was an Ivf pregnancy, probably my only baby. I have nothing to compare it to, but I feel like I’ve missed out. It’s been even more lonely due to lockdown.

All feelings are valid, but I agree with the others too, Kate has been awful all the way through, managed to have a holiday, two people at her birth and meet up with friends all throughout 2020! Photos there to prove it. She baffles me !!

Reactions: 9
People have like died and lost their jobs and homes etc. I’m struggling to feel sympathy for a maternity leave that wasn’t as expected it, which in kates cases is literally missed baby classes 🙄

Mine definitely wasn’t what I’d have planned but tit happens, and will always happen at inconvenient times. Even when Covid fucks off!

Reactions: 8
I have sympathy that her maternity isn’t what she expected. Mine wasn’t what I expected either. I had so many ideas about meeting lots of new mums and meeting baby friends and it just didn’t happen. It put me in a bit of a crappy place really, so I don’t think it’s fair to compare it to people dying and stuff...like the saying goes, we aren’t all in the same boat but we are in the same storm...

However. She has done a LOT more than a lot of new mums and had the luxury of having both her partner and somebody else at her birth. I too have done a lot throughout my maternity for which I am grateful for and I’ve made the most of it, so I appreciate that, but Kate doesn’t seem to understand that side to it and thinks she’s been dealt the worst hand as usual.

Reactions: 10
Let’s not forget that poor old hard done by Kate took her months old baby on holiday during the pandemic, has been at her mum and dads for god knows how much of the pandemic, had 2 people at her birth when a lot of mums were worried about having to give birth alone, met up with a endless stream of people all the way through the pandemic. She does an array of food shops a week. She always finds a way to jump on to the latest bandwagon.
She is a spoilt brat, through and through. Yes, maternity leave has been different to what she had with Evelyn, but the pandemic hasn’t effected her to the extent that it has millions of others as she has flouted the rules on a regular basis. I have no sympathy for her.

Reactions: 16
I had my baby in December, i'm kind of pissed that i'm expected to go out again 😂😇 i've loved having this time just me and my family, obviously everyone is different and have had completely different experiences from the pandemic. Kate is a mardarse, always will have something to moan aboot. X

I had my baby in December, i'm kind of pissed that i'm expected to go out again 😂😇 i've loved having this time just me and my family, obviously everyone is different and have had completely different experiences from the pandemic. Kate is a mardarse, always will have something to moan aboot. X
This is the best post I’ve read . I hope you’ve enjoyed your baby. It’s a strange time . But Kate has gone on like a dick. She’s not a first time mum. You don’t need classes to enjoy a baby. I’m sorry but I’m a mum of 6 and I never needed a class when I was off to make me enjoy my baby . When you have a toddler at home aswell it should be even better!

Reactions: 4
Yes maternity leave has been different but the point I was making to Kate was at least she had a healthy baby, someone I know had their baby at full term and it passed away. Imagine that in lockdown, when you can’t see or have support from your friends and family. She then had a very different maternity leave and has really struggled. I basically said to kate at least your child was healthy and you got that time with her along with her husband as he was also at home. My dad died while I was pregnant and my maternity leave was marred with grief totally different to my first, saying that, that was in the day when you only got 12 weeks maternity leave then I went back to work

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Yes maternity leave has been different but the point I was making to Kate was at least she had a healthy baby, someone I know had their baby at full term and it passed away. Imagine that in lockdown, when you can’t see or have support from your friends and family. She then had a very different maternity leave and has really struggled. I basically said to kate at least your child was healthy and you got that time with her along with her husband as he was also at home. My dad died while I was pregnant and my maternity leave was marred with grief totally different to my first, saying that, that was in the day when you only got 12 weeks maternity leave then I went back to work
I think we’re looking at it from the same perspective. My mum was dying then died at the start of my maternity leave, obviously not what I ever would have imagined that time of my life to be like and it was extremely difficult. I wouldn’t say the lack of a “normal maternity leave” had caused any lasting damage though and yeah I didn’t get to do all the fun things I wanted but at least I had my lovely baby and the rest of my family were ok and I had my house and job to go back to.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel more sorry for someone who has lost a family member/house/job

Your poor friend that’s awful. 😞

My friends sister found out she had cancer at the start of the pandemic which was also during her maternity leave that was just horrific for their whole family.

• Heart
I think we’re looking at it from the same perspective. My mum was dying then died at the start of my maternity leave, obviously not what I ever would have imagined that time of my life to be like and it was extremely difficult. I wouldn’t say the lack of a “normal maternity leave” had caused any lasting damage though and yeah I didn’t get to do all the fun things I wanted but at least I had my lovely baby and the rest of my family were ok and I had my house and job to go back to.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to feel more sorry for someone who has lost a family member/house/job

Your poor friend that’s awful. 😞

My friends sister found out she had cancer at the start of the pandemic which was also during her maternity leave that was just horrific for their whole family.
I hope your friends sister is doing ok, so sad isn’t it
I’m so sorry about your mum as well, I’ve not got my mum and it’s so hard. Must have been awful with a new baby as well ❤
I just didn’t like she was crying on here about it when people have lost way more in lockdown. My maternity leave with my daughter was awful and different but it is what it is. We did have time to bond together and she was healthy
She has flouted restrictions, been on holidays and had time at home with her hubby for months on full pay or furlough. I’ve had to work the whole way through, my lockdown has been very different to other people’s but I’m not putting myself on a pedestal saying mine was worse, feel sorry for me as everyone is different.
She wasn’t to upset when she was plugging Tesco or out on her workouts

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why don’t Tesco do their bleeping research?? She shops at bleeping Asda !!!!!

tesco obviously have a lot of yoghurt and hair bands to get rid of

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right I’m sorry but Annie literally had an Asda nappy on the other day!! She filmed it days ago! She will advertise anything!!!!

I don’t understand why Annie would be wearing those pull ups. They come in age 9-18 months which my two year old can still fit in and they are big for their age and then a bigger size. Equally they are more expensive than standard nappies!!

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why Annie would be wearing those pull ups. They come in age 9-18 months which my two year old can still fit in and they are big for their age and then a bigger size. Equally they are more expensive than standard nappies!!
Cos KK got them for free

Apparently tomorrow’s Disney vlog is “chaotic” suppose that’s an improvement on “more boring than watching paint dry”

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.