Keeping Kate #7 The Von Jaffs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When she said she wasnt striking for obvious reasons is it cause she doesnt work as a teacher anymore?

When she said she wasnt striking for obvious reasons is it cause she doesnt work as a teacher anymore?
I was wondering about the obvious reason. If she means being on maternity leave, she's still employed as a teacher so why wouldn't she be able to strike?

Reactions: 2
I was wondering about the obvious reason. If she means being on maternity leave, she's still employed as a teacher so why wouldn't she be able to strike?
ā€œMost pregnant women can join a strike without affecting their maternity pay, but entitlement to statutory or contractual maternity pay can sometimes be affected by taking strike actionā€. I assume she means as sheā€™s on maternity but she still could have legally joined the strike.

Reactions: 4
I donā€™t think you can vote to strike when on maternity if Iā€™m correct, even though youā€™re a union member. I think itā€™s the same as being signed off long term sick although I might be wrong

Reactions: 1
ā€œMost pregnant women can join a strike without affecting their maternity pay, but entitlement to statutory or contractual maternity pay can sometimes be affected by taking strike actionā€. I assume she means as sheā€™s on maternity but she still could have legally joined the strike.
I donā€™t think you can vote to strike when on maternity if Iā€™m correct, even though youā€™re a union member. I think itā€™s the same as being signed off long term sick although I might be wrong
Cheers, I had no idea your current circumstances can affect your right to strike. How amusing that you can still learn something new everyday, even when the teachers are on strike :LOL:

• Haha
Cheers, I had no idea your current circumstances can affect your right to strike. How amusing that you can still learn something new everyday, even when the teachers are on strike :LOL:
Yeah I striked yday but when the ballot results were first announced some members were annoyed that they wanted to vote and couldnā€™t because of those circumstances!

Reactions: 1
I can well imagine how annoyed they were. It must be very frustrating, especially for teachers who work usually full time and go the extra mile in their job and are undervalued...unlike our Jaffa.
Yeah I striked yday but when the ballot results were first announced some members were annoyed that they wanted to vote and couldnā€™t because of those circumstances!

Ok so this running bollocks....
My husband was a paratrooper, one of the fittest regiments in the British army. His fastest 1.5 mile time is 7m45s. That's a pace of 3m13s per kilometer.
Kate wants us to believe that she can run at a pace of 5m50s per kilometer for 6km..? It's so unrealistic! She's admitted she's not a natural runner so surely just getting out and doing the miles would be enough but she expects us to believe she runs at that pace but never really shows the receipts?? I'm calling bullshit.

Reactions: 7
She clearly reads here as she has now locked down her strava once it was pointed out that she was stopping her watch to recover....

But I don't think 5m 50s per km is that unrealistic tbh. I'm not a natural runner but can run those kind of times...

Reactions: 4
How can you strike from work if you're not in work? I thought she was currently on mat leave ?
this is my thoughts! I have colleagues who donā€™t work wednesdays so they also said ā€˜we canā€™t go on strikeā€™ because they are not actually teaching that day, so nothing to strike from!

Sheā€™s bloody clueless about the pressures education staff are underā€¦ā€¦ā€¦sheā€™s rarely been at school the last 5 years. She takes the absolute mick! She has added further stress and pressure to her colleagues due to her prolonged whinging and bleating not to forget a rolling maternity leave

Reactions: 8
So she allegedly did a sub 30 min park run but forgot to scan her barcode! Just not buying it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They literally hound you at the end to scan it. No one ever ā€˜forgetsā€™ unless the time you said isnā€™t actually the time you ran and because you tell lies to strangers on the internet then you might get found out šŸ¤£

Reactions: 9
Now on a dirty night away with the youngestā€¦ cue pregnancy announcement in a few weeks so Seeeeeeean can have a boy!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.