Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saoirse is worse though, dresses even more try hard and snores people who have jobs. Promotes “art” that I could make myself, despite being hugely untalented. She is the epitome of a wannabe working class

Reactions: 21
I think the Moncrieffs, maybe aside from Ellie, have been well established as class-appropriating nepo-babies. And though they’re oblivious and likely in denial, I’ve yet to see them speak as callously as Eimear with regard to the underclass. They romanticise poverty and ignore the social/political implications of doing so, absolutely, but Eimear drags it to a new low.

I actually found out that her maternal grandfather was Pádraig Ó Siochrú, a newsreader with RTÉ and an award-winning Irish-language writer; he actually wrote 20 radio plays for RTE. He was also an actor, a former high-jump champion, a theatre critic and a FOUNDING MEMBER of Leopardstown Golf Club. He’s quite the persona when you Google his name. All this to say that Eimear comes from a long line of multi-generational wealth and status.

Likewise with Séan Moncrieff, his parents had the financial capacity to be able to put him through private boarding school (Garbally College). Like Eimear, it indicates that Keelin is the third generation to profit from membership of the upper-middle class.

At the end of the day, both girls directly benefited from elitist schooling, too. Keelin went to Sutton Park School. In 2022, day students pay €12,000 per annum while boarding amounts to €20,100. From the school’s own website, “Situated on 140 acres, the school is renowned for its facilities which includes a nine-hole golf course.” Enough said.

Similarly, Eimear went to Coláiste Íosagáin in Booterstown - a gaelscoil. It’s been well documented that gaelscoileanna are elitist on both socio-economic and educational grounds. David McWilliams writes about the issue with incredible depth in “The Pope's Children”, for example, as do Sarah Carey and Kathryn Holmquist in Irish Times articles from December 2008.

To Keelin and Eimear, whether knowingly or not, you’re both engaging in class appropriation. You’re taking elements of the lower class and adopting them into your middle/upper-class culture, whilst totally ignoring the social and political implications, and even mocking elements of the social. While you may think you’re reclassifying class, what you’re actually doing is attempting to make your own privileges appear natural in trying to commodify working class culture. It’s immoral and transparent as duck, frankly. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The thing is, Keelin could’ve used all her privilege and access to opportunities to really put in effort to honing her craft i.e. writing, music. She could’ve put in effort and attended classes or creative writing courses and had all the time in the world to forge a career out of her alleged passions, really worked on releasing a collection of short essays or screenplays, instead of just putting up notes app poetry that everyone applauds because her face is attached to it.

If she had made an effort to develop any tangible skills then she wouldn’t have to be chasing social media success and thus wouldn’t have to create a false sense of relatability by cosplaying as working class. Like be privileged and own it, graciously appreciate and acknowledge all the opportunities you should be grateful to have and use them to develop some real talents and real-world applicable skills instead of creating this working class character and moaning about your self-imposed struggles of having a child that you didn’t prepare for during a housing crisis.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The thing is, Keelin could’ve used all her privilege and access to opportunities to really put in effort to honing her craft i.e. writing, music. She could’ve put in effort and attended classes or creative writing courses and had all the time in the world to forge a career out of her alleged passions, really worked on releasing a collection of short essays or screenplays, instead of just putting up notes app poetry that everyone applauds because her face is attached to it.

If she had made an effort to develop any tangible skills then she wouldn’t have to be chasing social media success and thus wouldn’t have to create a false sense of relatability by cosplaying as working class. Like be privileged and own it, graciously appreciate and acknowledge all the opportunities you should be grateful to have and use them to develop some real talents and real-world applicable skills instead of creating this working class character and moaning about your self-imposed struggles of having a child that you didn’t prepare for during a housing crisis.
It seems like she doesn't actually even like writing etc much she just desperately wants to be seen as a creative person, hence half hearted attempts to sing, make music, paint, read, write etc. Fair play to Saoirse I don't really like her work but at least she's comitted to actually using her skills for her hobby rather than just talking about it. I always got the impression too that it's Ellie who's genuinely interested in reading/writing/poetry that sort of thing not Keelin and of course she must be pretty intelligent to graduate with her degree. Keelin's writing is below average and pretentious - she throws in rarely used synonyms but then can't spell the word vicious and uses commas in the wrong place? She wants to be seen as a creative person because she is so averse to being seen as a normal person.

Also her financial accounting course - what exactly is it, like who is the provider? She's been doing it for ages but it's not a degree or college diploma.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Her writing and poetry is the boring drivel you would find in a teenager's diary with a few big words from thesaurus.com thrown in to seem deep and intelligent. I know ten-year-olds with a better grasp of creative writing and more panache with it to boot.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Honestly I can read her like a book, she’s obviously feeling annoyed/insecure that Jason is not pulling his weight in the house as she has to mention that the washing is her responsibility and Jason cooked her dinner. Also she said she wanted to do baby led weaning yet has mentioned purees? I don’t think she has any idea of the type of parent she wants to be she just regurgitates buzz worlds she hears in social media

Reactions: 13
Honestly I can read her like a book, she’s obviously feeling annoyed/insecure that Jason is not pulling his weight in the house as she has to mention that the washing is her responsibility and Jason cooked her dinner. Also she said she wanted to do baby led weaning yet has mentioned purees? I don’t think she has any idea of the type of parent she wants to be she just regurgitates buzz worlds she hears in social media
he did absolutely nothing according to her when they had a newborn so i doubt he does much

Reactions: 3
I only found Keelin recently and o my days, her content is so self indulgent and vomit inducing. Her content makes her look like she is a single mother as Jason seems useless. When they said they were using no protection and "if it happens, it happens" Well it happened Keelin so suck it up and get on with it.

She thinks she can't be veggie as nursing mother, ask my b***ox! I had 3 vegan pregancies and 3 vegans nursed all while eating plant based. She is so full of 💩 If you fancy a bit of fish, eat the fish and don't blame your health on it. She is flakier than a croissant!

Reactions: 19
I only found Keelin recently and o my days, her content is so self indulgent and vomit inducing. Her content makes her look like she is a single mother as Jason seems useless. When they said they were using no protection and "if it happens, it happens" Well it happened Keelin so suck it up and get on with it.

She thinks she can't be veggie as nursing mother, ask my b***ox! I had 3 vegan pregancies and 3 vegans nursed all while eating plant based. She is so full of 💩 If you fancy a bit of fish, eat the fish and don't blame your health on it. She is flakier than a croissant!

Yes exactly there are so many amazing veggie and vegan mams out there. I’ve a feeling it’s more got to do with the fact she isn’t coping well but won’t admit it. Diet is an easy cop out to blame. I think when the camera is off she is a completely different mam/partner.

Yes exactly there are so many amazing veggie and vegan mams out there. I’ve a feeling it’s more got to do with the fact she isn’t coping well but won’t admit it. Diet is an easy cop out to blame. I think when the camera is off she is a completely different mam/partner.
Yep, 100% this!! Being a parent is v hard when with a v hands on partner. So imagine one who is out working and comes home and doesn't pull his weight. But pop off Keelin, that bone broth gonna heal all cause you saw it on TikTok!

But the misinformation she is spreading really irked me and is really incorrect. Just you can't/won't doesn't mean it cannot be done Keelin.

Reactions: 4
I think the Moncrieffs, maybe aside from Ellie, have been well established as class-appropriating nepo-babies. And though they’re oblivious and likely in denial, I’ve yet to see them speak as callously as Eimear with regard to the underclass. They romanticise poverty and ignore the social/political implications of doing so, absolutely, but Eimear drags it to a new low.

I actually found out that her maternal grandfather was Pádraig Ó Siochrú, a newsreader with RTÉ and an award-winning Irish-language writer; he actually wrote 20 radio plays for RTE. He was also an actor, a former high-jump champion, a theatre critic and a FOUNDING MEMBER of Leopardstown Golf Club. He’s quite the persona when you Google his name. All this to say that Eimear comes from a long line of multi-generational wealth and status.

Likewise with Séan Moncrieff, his parents had the financial capacity to be able to put him through private boarding school (Garbally College). Like Eimear, it indicates that Keelin is the third generation to profit from membership of the upper-middle class.

At the end of the day, both girls directly benefited from elitist schooling, too. Keelin went to Sutton Park School. In 2022, day students pay €12,000 per annum while boarding amounts to €20,100. From the school’s own website, “Situated on 140 acres, the school is renowned for its facilities which includes a nine-hole golf course.” Enough said.

Similarly, Eimear went to Coláiste Íosagáin in Booterstown - a gaelscoil. It’s been well documented that gaelscoileanna are elitist on both socio-economic and educational grounds. David McWilliams writes about the issue with incredible depth in “The Pope's Children”, for example, as do Sarah Carey and Kathryn Holmquist in Irish Times articles from December 2008.

To Keelin and Eimear, whether knowingly or not, you’re both engaging in class appropriation. You’re taking elements of the lower class and adopting them into your middle/upper-class culture, whilst totally ignoring the social and political implications, and even mocking elements of the social. While you may think you’re reclassifying class, what you’re actually doing is attempting to make your own privileges appear natural in trying to commodify working class culture. It’s immoral and transparent as duck, frankly. Do better.
Can we have your full reading list plz? Iconic, well read posts.

• Haha
In her latest video she talks about how they’re moving house because of something that happened or has happened, she says she doesn’t feel safe there at night and hasn’t been sleeping. I wonder what’s going on

Reactions: 6
I'm one video she said she's having postpartum hair loss and in the next video she said she's losing hair from being stressed and anxious

Reactions: 6
I'm one video she said she's having postpartum hair loss and in the next video she said she's losing hair from being stressed and anxious
she says she has stress induced alopecia but her hair has always been in bad condition because she bleached it so many times with box bleach so who knows

Reactions: 5
so someone shouted keelin in the street? she's not a kardashian ffs nobodys going to try and snatch your baby keelin

also i looked at her channel for the first time in ages and it seems her views are back down again now the baby interest is over, so im sure she'll upload some kind of breakdown video with her baby in the thumbnail to ramp up the engagement again like last time

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Life is full of choices, it’s her choice to post intimate details about her life, including her baby. Whether she’s showing her face or not people will know that’s her baby. I saw her mam on the bus to Galway, only knew it was her because Keelin shared so much about her and I knew her relatives live in Galway. She can have the influencer job with all the perks and continue to share intimate details of her life for audible sponsorships but she has to understand she will forfeit her privacy. The girl hasn’t had to forfeit anything in her life

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Life is full of choices, it’s her choice to post intimate details about her life, including her baby. Whether she’s showing her face or not people will know that’s her baby. I saw her mam on the bus to Galway, only knew it was her because Keelin shared so much about her and I knew her relatives live in Galway. She can have the influencer job with all the perks and continue to share intimate details of her life for audible sponsorships but she has to understand she will forfeit her privacy. The girl hasn’t had to forfeit anything in her life
Totally agree! Personally I would hate to be in the public eye and for people to know my name, therefore I do not share my life online in exchange for money.. All about choices 💰

Reactions: 11
I have to be honest, I would have a proper gawk into that buggy if I see her out n about 🤣 You know when you have something hidden from you you're more interested (like the way it is with kids) If she was showing the kids face I wouldn't even waste my energy looking. Just my 2 cents!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.