Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ratgirl69

I'm only writing this with the intent that Keelin sees it - I haven't been on here in months due to seeing a counsellor who helped me overcome past trauma and I feel no hate towards Keelin at all anymore. Intense hatred of any person is due to seeing their qualities in ourselves, and I saw in a tiktok today she posted a thing about checking under her bed for monsters. This is absolutely normal for someone suffering from unresolved trauma, and I just want to suggest to Keelin to see a Jungian/psychodynamic trained counsellor to help her become happy. When I became happy with myself I stopped hating her. A Jungian therapist will help embrace your creativity and help you improve your relationship with your partner and family - and most importantly finding happiness in living your life authentically as you are without shame. I just want to warn against exposing your own daughter to your narcissistic mother - your child will hate you for it Keelin I'm sorry but I think you know this yourself deep inside. Doing what's best for your mental health, is doing what is best for your daughter. To paraphrase Jung, "there is nothing worse for a child's development than the unlived life of a mother". Your mother is ruining your life, your feelings towards her are completely valid and poetry is helping you heal, and I wish nothing but the best for you and your child. The difficult option of cutting out a toxic parent is the only way to happiness, narcissist's don't feel empathy even our own mothers.
ngl this was very.... odd

• Haha
Reactions: 44
So I listened to her recent podcast episode w Eimer and I have some thoughts.

Overall, I did find her and Eimer to be quite funny and entertaining but there were parts that rubbed me the wrongs way.

Keelin’s constant talk about stretch marks and how she didn’t get any, and how she was so scared, but you know, she just has ✨AMAZING✨ genes so she’s immune. This is so weird to me, because didn’t we as a society move on from this fear like ages ago? I’m not Irish so I don’t know the cultural response to stretch marks but in my experience, stretch marks are so normal; it’s impossible for both an adult person (regardless of sex) to not at least be desensitised to them. Even my boyfriend has stretch marks, and I don’t think they detract from his beauty in any way, if anything they add to it. I think it’s a bit weird how she keeps bringing it up. Even if it was a fear of yours, it’s okay now because you don’t have them so why repeatedly mention this?

Eimer repeatedly referencing her weight loss and how happy she is now. I understand she just got out of a breakup, and it’s great that she’s managed to get in shape and be happy, but she kept referring to it over and over. It was a bit obsessive.

The way that Keelin and Eimer spoke about the baby’s physical appearance. It was just so weird, and so not feminist at all. I recall them saying things like “Her lips are so full, people will go to plastic surgeons for her lips”, “She’s going to be so hot when she grows up”, “I’m glad she wasn’t an ugly baby so I didn’t have to lie to you when she was born”, “She’s gonna be so popular”. It was actually so jarring hearing these two women place so much value in this baby’s appearance. Granted the baby is only weeks old so they haven’t developed much of a personality to compliment, however, their face isn’t even fully developed but you’re already imposing all of these aesthetic expectations. I was surprised by how genuinely superficial the conversation was, especially because they brand themselves as feminists, so they should know the damage this talk can do to daughters.

Also just the usual hypocrisies when it comes to environmentalism and her clothing choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
8F40C2DA-FDF4-4D32-91AE-498332293BC1.jpeg

Why is she SO PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE? somebody asked a simple question and a REASONABLE question given that she spent a large portion of her online presence speaking about veganisn so it’s entirely fair to ask about it?? being so rude is not the serve she thinks it is.

Reactions: 40

bluebambino

Chatty Member
Bonfa saoirse moncrieff? Oh lawd. So I guess that Jason didn't get a look in with the name or it's second to the great moncrieff. Poor guy doesn't get much of a say. Hamilton is a nicer name I think than moncriwff and would be less recognisable in schools etc if they wanted to keep child's identity private
Sorry but this comment drives me nuts. Majority of Irish kids have only their dads surname and does anyone complain the mother didn’t get a look in. There’s a kid in my sons class and he has the mothers surname (parents married and together) and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone comment on how the mother must rule the roost there, the poor dad etc. it’s an extremely old fashioned view. Why should kids automatically be given their dads surname?

• Angry
Reactions: 31

kekedoyouloveme

I think the Moncrieffs, maybe aside from Ellie, have been well established as class-appropriating nepo-babies. And though they’re oblivious and likely in denial, I’ve yet to see them speak as callously as Eimear with regard to the underclass. They romanticise poverty and ignore the social/political implications of doing so, absolutely, but Eimear drags it to a new low.

I actually found out that her maternal grandfather was Pádraig Ó Siochrú, a newsreader with RTÉ and an award-winning Irish-language writer; he actually wrote 20 radio plays for RTE. He was also an actor, a former high-jump champion, a theatre critic and a FOUNDING MEMBER of Leopardstown Golf Club. He’s quite the persona when you Google his name. All this to say that Eimear comes from a long line of multi-generational wealth and status.

Likewise with Séan Moncrieff, his parents had the financial capacity to be able to put him through private boarding school (Garbally College). Like Eimear, it indicates that Keelin is the third generation to profit from membership of the upper-middle class.

At the end of the day, both girls directly benefited from elitist schooling, too. Keelin went to Sutton Park School. In 2022, day students pay €12,000 per annum while boarding amounts to €20,100. From the school’s own website, “Situated on 140 acres, the school is renowned for its facilities which includes a nine-hole golf course.” Enough said.

Similarly, Eimear went to Coláiste Íosagáin in Booterstown - a gaelscoil. It’s been well documented that gaelscoileanna are elitist on both socio-economic and educational grounds. David McWilliams writes about the issue with incredible depth in “The Pope's Children”, for example, as do Sarah Carey and Kathryn Holmquist in Irish Times articles from December 2008.

To Keelin and Eimear, whether knowingly or not, you’re both engaging in class appropriation. You’re taking elements of the lower class and adopting them into your middle/upper-class culture, whilst totally ignoring the social and political implications, and even mocking elements of the social. While you may think you’re reclassifying class, what you’re actually doing is attempting to make your own privileges appear natural in trying to commodify working class culture. It’s immoral and transparent as fuck, frankly. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Madamex

VIP Member
I can't get over the comments about Jason. The baby is a few days old. I feel the bar is so low for men these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

COVID20

But she also knows she's on camera 📷 🙄
Ahh come on now 🥴 do you think anyone would have the energy to act differently for camera while literally pushing a baby out?! Probably one of the most physically challenging tasks in life- not a hope you could put on a whole different persona during that.

fated2pretend

so her former wholesome "~~autumn roadtrip~~" vlog with the view on the road as the main screen (?dk the right word for it, pardon me) got changed to THIS, she's really like every other, profiting off off clickbait on a segment which takes up not even a minute of the whole vlog where she's actually roadtripping; dissapointing to see this is how she choose to act

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow

turbomunch

Chatty Member
I replied to her story today asking if her friend likes her own Instagram messages and she blocked me lmao
Someone commented on her tiktok saying that a diffuser will make a room more humid (she was talking about using a dehumidifier in the apartment and then filmed a diffuser). She replied “the diffuser was in another room (persons name) thanks tho 👍” she’s a condescending little bitch. I really hope her bubble gets burst asap

Reactions: 29

weinercakes

Dunno if it’s just me but Saoirse commenting on Jason’s insta of him with the baby saying “dilf” and “you look like a hunk” is so weird?? They have such an odd relationship. If my sister commented like that on my baby daddy’s pics I’d be like 🤨

• Haha

kekedoyouloveme

For Keelin at least, her main pull the whole time has been how relatable she is, so she's kept up the facade of a working class feminist eco-conscious manic pixie dream girl who floats through life without any help (financial or otherwise) and somehow everything falls into place which keeps her viewers hooked and wanting to be like her (even though it's a complete lie). The amount of her viewers who started commenting saying they wanted to have a baby too etc when they are young women in their early 20s with unstable finances and relationships because they've seen Keelin do it (when in reality she has been financially supported by her family etc etc) is concerning
That's where I'm confused though. I understand she's probably desperate to forge success with this podcast, but can she not see Eimear is going to derail the whole working-class, conscious façade with her privileged, dehumanising drivel? I was genuinely stunned at the way Keelin sniggered along childishly as Eimear ranted about the blatantly pejorative "junkies", a term loaded with moral bias. It comes across as thinly-veiled class contempt for people with addiction issues.

They tittered elsewhere on the pod about Keelin's mam recommending that she be a primary school teacher; Keelin's response was to the effect of "Google my name and read about the drugs I've taken". For them, being young and upper middle-class, their drug use is depicted as a bit chaotic but generally harmless - but for the "junkies" Eimear describes outside her apartment, being the underclass, it's got a potentially polluting and contagious nature. It's a classist double standard that totally undermines the relatability Keelin desperately tries to portray.

• Heart
  • Wow

hdbe45

I don’t really follow this girl but just accidentally happened upon her most recent YouTube video where she says she’s struggling adjusting to being a FTM but I really do not get how she says her body is still healing from her episiotomy and is saying things like she can’t use tampons and can’t wear pads cos it irritates the overgranulation where she’s healing and then next thing she’s advertising a fucking Lovehoney advent calender with anal beads, vibrators and buttplugs 🙈🙈🙈 FFS it’s so disingenuous, the woman clearly is in too much pain healing to even probably consider sex yet promoting all these things?! Pull the other one Keelin 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 28

elizadoolittle69

Chatty Member
3 things that make me really dislike the girls (Saoirse and Keelin)

1. the burping - trivial as it sounds, it’s only done for shock factor and to be “‘it like other girls”. Saoirse started copying Keelin doing it, it’s made me not wanna watch the videos at all
2. Keelins god awful poetry over videos, sounds pretentious and she has zero talent for it. It’s also obvious that it just adds length to YouTube videos with very little work
3. S does random “insightful” rants on YouTube and Instagram (“do you know what I mean”) that just come across as really dumb sounding, like something you’d say at 17 thinking you were deep and meaningful. They just sound so forced for the purpose of being edgy

the two of them trying so hard to be edgy, makes them not edgy

Reactions: 28

queencarmen

VIP Member
ive never seen someone lose their identity to motherhood so intensely...does she actualy talk about anything else?? ever?? she doesn't even talk about JASON anymore and she used to bang on about him being perfect all the time

Reactions: 27

COVID20

I am so so happy for Keelin and Jason. What a gorgeous video, I’ll admit I did cry. I think it’s changed my opinion of Keelin and her relationship, I know we were only shown select snippets understandably of the birth. BUT her strength, her calmness, they way she was so lovely and understanding with the midwives and staff and praised them for their work. I think in these moments a persons true self shines, and I saw only good in Keelin and Jason in those most important moments. Best of luck to them 😍

Reactions: 25