Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have to be a piss take? Can’t actually be for real?
They’re in om diva so they’re obviously really cool to have? 🤣.Wouldn’t get a look in if they were stocked in smyths. People are so predictable sometimes.
Emperors new clothes was the first thing that came to mind tbh

A part of me feels bad for her. You can tell her career has almost dried up, her views are definitely gone down, there is no stability with her life and she can’t give her child that stability either. I think she really thought that the mommy vlogger thing would work out and to give her credit the views did go up for a while but now it’s down again? I can’t imagine the frustration because it always felt like she was chasing the influencer life with like moving to london and everything.

Reactions: 11
I replied to her story today asking if her friend likes her own Instagram messages and she blocked me lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 10
not miss im writing a book im a genius ive written 3 screenplays writing vicious as viscous lmao i noticed it earlier but shes changed it now maybe she asked her baby how to spell it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I replied to her story today asking if her friend likes her own Instagram messages and she blocked me lmao
Someone commented on her tiktok saying that a diffuser will make a room more humid (she was talking about using a dehumidifier in the apartment and then filmed a diffuser). She replied “the diffuser was in another room (persons name) thanks tho 👍” she’s a condescending little witch. I really hope her bubble gets burst asap

Reactions: 29
Someone commented on her tiktok saying that a diffuser will make a room more humid (she was talking about using a dehumidifier in the apartment and then filmed a diffuser). She replied “the diffuser was in another room (persons name) thanks tho 👍” she’s a condescending little witch. I really hope her bubble gets burst asap
shes so rude to people who genuinely like her and try to give her advice it’s so weird….

Reactions: 16
A part of me feels bad for her. You can tell her career has almost dried up, her views are definitely gone down, there is no stability with her life and she can’t give her child that stability either. I think she really thought that the mommy vlogger thing would work out and to give her credit the views did go up for a while but now it’s down again? I can’t imagine the frustration because it always felt like she was chasing the influencer life with like moving to london and everything.
Honestly a lot of people including myself followed before she was due the baby just out of curiosity and now have swiftly unfollowed. She must be panicking a bit.

Reactions: 2
There’s a lot of speculation on the molly mae tattle page that her baby will be called bambi.. I know we won’t know until she announces it but god I’d get some kick out of it knowing keelin would be raging🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think saoirse is the worst, sorry for the unpopular opinion. She is way more privileged than Keelin, literally does nothing, zero work and lives rent free

Reactions: 16
just watched this video she put up last week and one of the clips is literally just the sound of her peeing. Who in their right mind sets up the camera across the hall to take a video of them pissing to upload to youtube as one of her “sounds” of the day.. She’s lost the plot

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
just watched this video she put up last week and one of the clips is literally just the sound of her peeing. Who in their right mind sets up the camera across the hall to take a video of them pissing to upload to youtube as one of her “sounds” of the day.. She’s lost the plot
Saoirse has put up photos of her on the toilet and vids of her with the sound on pissing on her insta stories before and it was what made me finally unfollow. Why are they all so disgusting? What is quirky or cool or aesthetic about literally pissing on instagram? How detached from reality do you have to be to post that…

Following all the hype about the live shows and the announcement for Cork, I decided to give the podcast a listen. I'm at 37:40 in the "Hot Girl Summer Prep" episode and I'm done. This outright rejection of being "posh", costuming as being poor, is the strangest fetishising of the working class that I've ever come across. It's so odd. Eimear O'Reilly is complaining at this timestamp about being regarded as 'posh' - her father, Alan, is a renowned restaurateur, and has OWNED and operated several successful restaurants all around Dublin, including Clarets, Morels, Alexis and Wildside. He's just opened his latest restaurant called 'Laurel' in the heart of Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/food/202...tart-ups-get-support-is-this-the-way-forward/

Her family home is also in Blackrock, she's upper middle class, as are the Moncrieffs. Their father (who Keelin lived with while he found her an apartment) lives in Howth, https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/me-and-my-money-sean-moncrieff-26421178.html. I know the Moncrieffs have been heavily criticised for cosplaying as working class - but I find it so odd that the people they surround themselves with are doing the same? It's bizarre.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Following all the hype about the live shows and the announcement for Cork, I decided to give the podcast a listen. I'm at 37:40 in the "Hot Girl Summer Prep" episode and I'm done. This outright rejection of being "posh", costuming as being poor, is the strangest fetishising of the working class that I've ever come across. It's so odd. Eimear O'Reilly is complaining at this timestamp about being regarded as 'posh' - her father, Alan, is a renowned restaurateur, and has OWNED and operated several successful restaurants all around Dublin, including Clarets, Morels, Alexis and Wildside. He's just opened his latest restaurant called 'Laurel' in the heart of Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/food/202...tart-ups-get-support-is-this-the-way-forward/

Her family home is also in Blackrock, she's upper middle class, as are the Moncrieffs. Their father (who Keelin lived with while he found her an apartment) lives in Howth, https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/me-and-my-money-sean-moncrieff-26421178.html. I know the Moncrieffs have been heavily criticised for cosplaying as working class - but I find it so odd that the people they surround themselves with are doing the same? It's bizarre.
Oh so eimar is a rich girl pretending to be a poor girl too? No wonder they get along so well. It makes me wince how they go on and on about being anticapitalist and how good it is to be self employed when they have such ridiculous privilege in comparison to the majority of people

• Sad
Reactions: 15

In Dublin right now and probably in a lot of major cities being working class is cool, Fontaine’s DC is a good example it in popular culture. It’s so odd, I suppose working class people have more cultural capital in the scenes that keelin and Eimear move in. When I first moved to Dublin I found it so odd that people that I knew from college were dying to portray this working class aesthetic as if all our mammies and daddies weren’t paying our fees 😂

Reactions: 12
Oh so eimar is a rich girl pretending to be a poor girl too? No wonder they get along so well. It makes me wince how they go on and on about being anticapitalist and how good it is to be self employed when they have such ridiculous privilege in comparison to the majority of people
I just don't understand their romanticisation of the working class? What do they gain from it? Eimear O'Reilly's sister also owns her own beauty salon - https://aorbeauty.ie/, Eimear's family have money as the Moncrieffs have money. The carry on of them on that podcast is disgraceful, marvelling at how gauche they are to be paying rent and struggling with the housing crisis like the average everyperson. The worries of the Moncrieffs and Eimear O'Reilly are not the worries of most of us. This strive to be ‘looking’ and ‘acting’ working class is almost like a novelty to them; something to be picked up and dropped by comparison to their own backgrounds. Which by implication means dressing like they have no money, drinking to oblivion, and generally treating the idea of being working class as simply an aesthetic?

At 54 minutes in this episode, Eimear sneeringly describes the "junkies", "shooting up" outside her apartment. I feel like this says it all, honestly.

In Dublin right now and probably in a lot of major cities being working class is cool, Fontaine’s DC is a good example it in popular culture. It’s so odd, I suppose working class people have more cultural capital in the scenes that keelin and Eimear move in. When I first moved to Dublin I found it so odd that people that I knew from college were dying to portray this working class aesthetic as if all our mammies and daddies weren’t paying our fees 😂
Fontaines DC have been rightly called out for their fetishing of the working class, there's a great article that went semi-viral on it here: https://garysolonely.neocities.org/is-it-too-real-for-ya.html

I know what you mean about the gentrification of the working class 'trend', but for all the harmlessness of softening an accent to ‘fit in’, as an example, the process of the middle-class fetishising people who would never experience the same opportunities into an aesthetic just doesn't right with me. It reminds me of the verse from ‘Common People’ by Pulp:

You'll never do whatever common people do
Never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view
.”

I don’t mean this to be pitying or bemoaning. Being working class isn't a handicap, but fetishising it, like these dopes do, only detracts from the reality of those who live it. Where you grew up and what you can afford is not an aesthetic or a choice, it’s a simple reality - diminishing that only fuels and reinforces more unsavoury attitudes. duck them all, especially Eimear and her dehumanising language.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I just don't understand their romanticisation of the working class? What do they gain from it? Eimear O'Reilly's sister also owns her own beauty salon - https://aorbeauty.ie/, Eimear's family have money as the Moncrieffs have money. The carry on of them on that podcast is disgraceful, marvelling at how gauche they are to be paying rent and struggling with the housing crisis like the average everyperson. The worries of the Moncrieffs and Eimear O'Reilly are not the worries of most of us. This strive to be ‘looking’ and ‘acting’ working class is almost like a novelty to them; something to be picked up and dropped by comparison to their own backgrounds. Which by implication means dressing like they have no money, drinking to oblivion, and generally treating the idea of being working class as simply an aesthetic?

At 54 minutes in this episode, Eimear sneeringly describes the "junkies", "shooting up" outside her apartment. I feel like this says it all, honestly.

Fontaines DC have been rightly called out for their fetishing of the working class, there's a great article that went semi-viral on it here: https://garysolonely.neocities.org/is-it-too-real-for-ya.html

I know what you mean about the gentrification of the working class 'trend', but for all the harmlessness of softening an accent to ‘fit in’, as an example, the process of the middle-class fetishising people who would never experience the same opportunities into an aesthetic just doesn't right with me. It reminds me of the verse from ‘Common People’ by Pulp:

You'll never do whatever common people do
Never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view
.”

I don’t mean this to be pitying or bemoaning. Being working class isn't a handicap, but fetishising it, like these dopes do, only detracts from the reality of those who live it. Where you grew up and what you can afford is not an aesthetic or a choice, it’s a simple reality - diminishing that only fuels and reinforces more unsavoury attitudes. duck them all, especially Eimear and her dehumanising language.
I love the way you write! You sum it up perfectly

Reactions: 11

For Keelin at least, her main pull the whole time has been how relatable she is, so she's kept up the facade of a working class feminist eco-conscious manic pixie dream girl who floats through life without any help (financial or otherwise) and somehow everything falls into place which keeps her viewers hooked and wanting to be like her (even though it's a complete lie). The amount of her viewers who started commenting saying they wanted to have a baby too etc when they are young women in their early 20s with unstable finances and relationships because they've seen Keelin do it (when in reality she has been financially supported by her family etc etc) is concerning

For Keelin at least, her main pull the whole time has been how relatable she is, so she's kept up the facade of a working class feminist eco-conscious manic pixie dream girl who floats through life without any help (financial or otherwise) and somehow everything falls into place which keeps her viewers hooked and wanting to be like her (even though it's a complete lie). The amount of her viewers who started commenting saying they wanted to have a baby too etc when they are young women in their early 20s with unstable finances and relationships because they've seen Keelin do it (when in reality she has been financially supported by her family etc etc) is concerning
That's where I'm confused though. I understand she's probably desperate to forge success with this podcast, but can she not see Eimear is going to derail the whole working-class, conscious façade with her privileged, dehumanising drivel? I was genuinely stunned at the way Keelin sniggered along childishly as Eimear ranted about the blatantly pejorative "junkies", a term loaded with moral bias. It comes across as thinly-veiled class contempt for people with addiction issues.

They tittered elsewhere on the pod about Keelin's mam recommending that she be a primary school teacher; Keelin's response was to the effect of "Google my name and read about the drugs I've taken". For them, being young and upper middle-class, their drug use is depicted as a bit chaotic but generally harmless - but for the "junkies" Eimear describes outside her apartment, being the underclass, it's got a potentially polluting and contagious nature. It's a classist double standard that totally undermines the relatability Keelin desperately tries to portray.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
That's where I'm confused though. I understand she's probably desperate to forge success with this podcast, but can she not see Eimear is going to derail the whole working-class, conscious façade with her privileged, dehumanising drivel? I was genuinely stunned at the way Keelin sniggered along childishly as Eimear ranted about the blatantly pejorative "junkies", a term loaded with moral bias. It comes across as thinly-veiled class contempt for people with addiction issues.

They tittered elsewhere on the pod about Keelin's mam recommending that she be a primary school teacher; Keelin's response was to the effect of "Google my name and read about the drugs I've taken". For them, being young and upper middle-class, their drug use is depicted as a bit chaotic but generally harmless - but for the "junkies" Eimear describes outside her apartment, being the underclass, it's got a potentially polluting and contagious nature. It's a classist double standard that totally undermines the relatability Keelin desperately tries to portray.
I haven't listened to the podcast but 'junkies' is such a horrible degrading word for her to use

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.