Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i feel sorry for her.......the glamoour of being pregnant is over and the harsh reality of looking after a newborn has sunk in!

Reactions: 8
i feel sorry for her.......the glamoour of being pregnant is over and the harsh reality of looking after a newborn has sunk in!
thing is, she got so defensive about ‘all a baby needs is warmth and love! it doesn’t matter that we’ve not been together long don’t have an apartment yet etc etc’ at the beginning that I think she actually deluded herself about it to the point where she has no idea how hard it was going to be. Also she needs to duck off talking about ‘hustle culture’ and ‘going back to work’ when she’s never worked hard in her life

• Heart
Reactions: 13
yeah she was so fortunate to be able to not work much at all during her pregnancy, remember how she refused to look on daft for an apartment because she was pregnant and made jason and her dad do it?? :rolleyes: im pregnant and working 45+ hours a week, could only dream to be in her position!
i feel bad for her though must be rough when you've convinced yourself the 'milf' life will be easy and fulfilling, and i'd say her and jason would be struggling relationship wise... sorry but one year together you hardly know what they're going to be like as a life partner, must be a wake up call the lack of support she seems to be getting from him
obviously only they know how their relationship is but it seems that way

Reactions: 4
Yeah I mean research shows that couples are less likely to divorce if they wait 3yrs into MARRIAGE to have a baby. As far as I understand, Jason and Keelin have jst been dating—>engaged for a year. She gets extremely defensive it’s so weird, I mean on her recent vids you should see the way she responds to some of the comments that aren’t kissing her ass; they all come off a bit bullyish and a bit mean girl.
thing is, she got so defensive about ‘all a baby needs is warmth and love! it doesn’t matter that we’ve not been together long don’t have an apartment yet etc etc’ at the beginning that I think she actually deluded herself about it to the point where she has no idea how hard it was going to be. Also she needs to duck off talking about ‘hustle culture’ and ‘going back to work’ when she’s never worked hard in her life
Yeah I’ll say personally, the more and more I watch Keelin the more I realise that she is a privileged white girl, whose not even consistent in her morals vs the previous image I had of her; a more relatable figure, trying to do the right thing as best she can. It’s just so weird I she’s fully gone back on her environmentalism and her excuse for openly partaking in a non-ethical acts is always “well the world is on fire sooo what can I do.”

She is 1000% going to start showing the baby’s face. I mean I’m even thinking about how the baby’s name is public. Everything is so weird and it all just seems so disingenuous.
Also I’ve found that a tell-tale sign that someone’s relationship isn’t going the way they want to, is that they can’t shut up about how ✨amazing✨their partner is, and how perfect they are in every way (I’m speaking from both experience, and witnessing others do this). It’s also peculiar how conversation always circles back to Jason?? Does she know it’s okay to have a personality outside of “person in relationship” and newly “teen mum”??

Reactions: 8
Anyone see this? What’s wrong with the name Aggie like saying something like that is so childish, plus Ellie clearly is off her face in that video so she’s not wrong
What a weird and mean comment to make especially when she now has a daughter. She’s a mean witch. Plus I’m sure there’s loads of people out there that are gonna dislike the name Banbha or take the piss out of her for it so shouldn’t throw stones in a glass house

Reactions: 16
What a strange girl. I used to be a fan of her but as of recently I’ve realised she’s just a mean girl who is clearly angry at life. Positivity encourages positivity and calling a random girl ugly in tiktok comments is quite telling of a persons character✌🏻

Reactions: 10
I was thinking that..you are allowed to put your baby down lol as long as there's no danger to them. most women dont have their child strapped to them 24/7 because they have other stuff to do. I think Jason needs to help more tbf he works at Urban it's not like he's got a ridiculously intense job, i'm sure he is fully capable of doing a food shop after work or cleaning the house so she can get a shower. Then again it is Keelin and she likes to victimise herself so she might not be being 100% with the truth
Not defending anyone here at all, but in fairness babywearing is an amazing way to get things done while keeping a baby happy. Speaking as an experienced parent, I'd be lost without my slings (I literally run a farm with my newborns and older babies strapped to me! I'm talking hopping fences, working with livestock, doing the accounts etc etc etc). Baby is secure and happy, I'm able to get things done. If you BF, you can also feed baby while they're in there. I also used to get comments that "[baby] will never settle for anyone else!", but can confirm that's absolutely not the case. Every parent and every baby is different, but let's not hate on babywearing 🤣

Reactions: 1
Not defending anyone here at all, but in fairness babywearing is an amazing way to get things done while keeping a baby happy. Speaking as an experienced parent, I'd be lost without my slings (I literally run a farm with my newborns and older babies strapped to me! I'm talking hopping fences, working with livestock, doing the accounts etc etc etc). Baby is secure and happy, I'm able to get things done. If you BF, you can also feed baby while they're in there. I also used to get comments that "[baby] will never settle for anyone else!", but can confirm that's absolutely not the case. Every parent and every baby is different, but let's not hate on babywearing 🤣
no hate on babywearing but the fact she says she cant shower without her dad/siblings coming over when she could simply put her in a moses basket etc is just making things more difficult for her

Reactions: 11
im not hating on it!! but the point is you can do that and get everything else done, that's good for you, but that doesn't really apply to Keelin

Reactions: 2
What a strange girl. I used to be a fan of her but as of recently I’ve realised she’s just a mean girl who is clearly angry at life. Positivity encourages positivity and calling a random girl ugly in tiktok comments is quite telling of a persons character✌🏻
Yeah I saw some girl asked her on yt what saoirse does and Keelin was SO RUDE in her reply, the poor girl replied saying that she wasn’t trying to be mean she was just genuinely wondering and loves her videos etc (clearly touched a nerve there lol)

Reactions: 6
Also no hate on the baby wearing I can see how it's convenient and I've said before I don't have any kids so I have absolutely no experience how it all works. I just thought that if the baby is used to being put down into her moses basket for naps, then it would be easier to do stuff like make yourself food or get a shower in those short breaks when you're not wearing the baby. But again...I know nothing and I suppose everything is always easier said than done!

Reactions: 3
Also no hate on the baby wearing I can see how it's convenient and I've said before I don't have any kids so I have absolutely no experience how it all works. I just thought that if the baby is used to being put down into her moses basket for naps, then it would be easier to do stuff like make yourself food or get a shower in those short breaks when you're not wearing the baby. But again...I know nothing and I suppose everything is always easier said than done!
I understand where you're coming from! I just felt the need to defend the babywearing because it really is so convenient for some, and always (in my experience) gets a bad rep as some people seem to think its the worst thing you can do as you might make baby over-dependent on you (my in-laws have said that I spoil my babies for carrying them, which is utter hoop! I think thats why i wanted to defend it, because so often parents will be judged for holding their babies "too much" when theres really no such thing). Babies, especially for the first few months, crave closeness and touch, so even if you can get them asleep, putting them into a crib or other sleeping implement can often be a waste of time as they tend to immediately wake. It's actually a phase called the fourth trimester! Before I had kids, I thought I could leave them asleep alone for a few mins to shower or make food etc, and I could, but they'd be screaming their tiny heads off about 5 mins after I put them down, even if they were completely comatose to start 🤣 when they're so young, they literally can't even see properly, and all they've known is the safety of their parents body, so I suppose it's fairly terrifying to be left alone. Keeping them close actually helps them build secure attachment so that they'll be more independent when theyre that bit older, because theyre secure in the fact that their primary caretaker will meet their needs. Now, as I say, every baby is different, but that's been my experience and there's a wealth of science to back it up 😊

In fairness to Keelin, (and again, I'm not overly defending anyone here), parenting is possibly the single biggest adjustment that will ever happen in your life (particularly first time round). It literally tears your life apart and completely transforms it, and the adjustment can feel like whiplash sometimes. It takes time to find the rhythm of your life, and her baby is still a newborn. I just wouldn't want to see anyone being overly judged for what they may or may not do in the snippets of their lives they choose to show us. It can be a lonely, isolating and exhausting time, trying to keep a new human that you JUST met alive, as well as recover from birth yourself (the birth experience in itself can take so much time to process, particularly if the experience wasn't what you wanted it to be). In fairness to her, from what we can see, I think she's doing brilliantly as a new parent. I'm also conscious too (and probably just a bit more aware of it as a mammy), that there have been a litany of horrible stories in relation to children being injured and killed lately, and it may very well be the case in many of them that had there been better supports in place and people been less isolated, those incidents may never have happened. Perinatal care in this country is genuinely a joke, so when it comes to parenting, unless there's something genuinely dangerous afoot, I think its best to look on anyone else's approach to it with a bit of compassion and kindness. Covid has also extremely negatively affected people's experiences with maternity care, and that can have a massive impact on how people feel and adjust after the fact. Judge on other things if warranted (and at that, be kind!), but given the massive adjustment parenting is, especially in the early days, kindness is everything. There are things I did first time around that I look back on and I absolutely lol at myself, but I was doing the best I knew how to at the time.

Sorry, that's a massive rant, and not directed at anything you said in particular, but might just be a reminder to anyone posting here re parenting!

Reactions: 3
I understand where you're coming from! I just felt the need to defend the babywearing because it really is so convenient for some, and always (in my experience) gets a bad rep as some people seem to think its the worst thing you can do as you might make baby over-dependent on you (my in-laws have said that I spoil my babies for carrying them, which is utter hoop!
Sorry, that's a massive rant, and not directed at anything you said in particular, but might just be a reminder to anyone posting here re parenting!
I think you might have taken those comments a bit too personally. Keelin complained about how she couldn't do anything because of babywearing so the natural response would be to comment on why she seems unable to put her baby down for 10 minutes whilst she has a shower, or why her boyfriend who she claims is the biggest angel on earth can't help her, nor can her "au pair" aka her sister. Nobody's judging her parenting, in fact it would be stupid to because we don't see more than like 5 minutes of it.

Reactions: 12
I understand where you're coming from! I just felt the need to defend the babywearing because it really is so convenient for some, and always (in my experience) gets a bad rep as some people seem to think its the worst thing you can do as you might make baby over-dependent on you (my in-laws have said that I spoil my babies for carrying them, which is utter hoop! I think thats why i wanted to defend it, because so often parents will be judged for holding their babies "too much" when theres really no such thing). Babies, especially for the first few months, crave closeness and touch, so even if you can get them asleep, putting them into a crib or other sleeping implement can often be a waste of time as they tend to immediately wake. It's actually a phase called the fourth trimester! Before I had kids, I thought I could leave them asleep alone for a few mins to shower or make food etc, and I could, but they'd be screaming their tiny heads off about 5 mins after I put them down, even if they were completely comatose to start 🤣 when they're so young, they literally can't even see properly, and all they've known is the safety of their parents body, so I suppose it's fairly terrifying to be left alone. Keeping them close actually helps them build secure attachment so that they'll be more independent when theyre that bit older, because theyre secure in the fact that their primary caretaker will meet their needs. Now, as I say, every baby is different, but that's been my experience and there's a wealth of science to back it up 😊

In fairness to Keelin, (and again, I'm not overly defending anyone here), parenting is possibly the single biggest adjustment that will ever happen in your life (particularly first time round). It literally tears your life apart and completely transforms it, and the adjustment can feel like whiplash sometimes. It takes time to find the rhythm of your life, and her baby is still a newborn. I just wouldn't want to see anyone being overly judged for what they may or may not do in the snippets of their lives they choose to show us. It can be a lonely, isolating and exhausting time, trying to keep a new human that you JUST met alive, as well as recover from birth yourself (the birth experience in itself can take so much time to process, particularly if the experience wasn't what you wanted it to be). In fairness to her, from what we can see, I think she's doing brilliantly as a new parent. I'm also conscious too (and probably just a bit more aware of it as a mammy), that there have been a litany of horrible stories in relation to children being injured and killed lately, and it may very well be the case in many of them that had there been better supports in place and people been less isolated, those incidents may never have happened. Perinatal care in this country is genuinely a joke, so when it comes to parenting, unless there's something genuinely dangerous afoot, I think its best to look on anyone else's approach to it with a bit of compassion and kindness. Covid has also extremely negatively affected people's experiences with maternity care, and that can have a massive impact on how people feel and adjust after the fact. Judge on other things if warranted (and at that, be kind!), but given the massive adjustment parenting is, especially in the early days, kindness is everything. There are things I did first time around that I look back on and I absolutely lol at myself, but I was doing the best I knew how to at the time.

holy moly

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think you might have taken those comments a bit too personally. Keelin complained about how she couldn't do anything because of babywearing so the natural response would be to comment on why she seems unable to put her baby down for 10 minutes whilst she has a shower, or why her boyfriend who she claims is the biggest angel on earth can't help her, nor can her "au pair" aka her sister. Nobody's judging her parenting, in fact it would be stupid to because we don't see more than like 5 minutes of it.
I haven't taken anything personally, just offering a bit of perspective as an actual parent. There are loads of snarky comments about her parenting on the thread (all seemingly related to her holding her baby too much, "running herself into the ground" and being "glued to her"). I'm trying to illustrate how the very things that people are judging are completely and utterly normal for a newborn and it's completely and utterly normal to be overwhelmed by that as a parent. Generations before my own normalised leaving babies utterly on their own and crying it out etc (think a poster above even said their parents weren't holding babies 24/7), but it is the norm for tiny babies to need that attention and security. If I were a FTM again who was responding to my baby's needs to be held, and I was reading comments like above (I remember a few of them being passed when I was in the thick of it), I'd be feeling fairly crap; "why can't I put my baby down? What's wrong with me/my baby that I can't leave them?". When you're sleep deprived and overwhelmed, those comments can get to you, and it's not particularly fair to invite that level of self-scrutiny on someone, when I can guarantee that they're already scrutinising themselves. All I'm saying is, maybe leave the parenting out of it, especially someone so newly postpartum who's going though it in terms of adjusting to their new lives while on a hormonal, sleep deprived rollercoaster 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I haven't taken anything personally, just offering a bit of perspective as an actual parent. There are loads of snarky comments about her parenting on the thread (all seemingly related to her holding her baby too much, "running herself into the ground" and being "glued to her"). I'm trying to illustrate how the very things that people are judging are completely and utterly normal for a newborn and it's completely and utterly normal to be overwhelmed by that as a parent. Generations before my own normalised leaving babies utterly on their own and crying it out etc (think a poster above even said their parents weren't holding babies 24/7), but it is the norm for tiny babies to need that attention and security. If I were a FTM again who was responding to my baby's needs to be held, and I was reading comments like above (I remember a few of them being passed when I was in the thick of it), I'd be feeling fairly crap; "why can't I put my baby down? What's wrong with me/my baby that I can't leave them?". When you're sleep deprived and overwhelmed, those comments can get to you, and it's not particularly fair to invite that level of self-scrutiny on someone, when I can guarantee that they're already scrutinising themselves. All I'm saying is, maybe leave the parenting out of it, especially someone so newly postpartum who's going though it in terms of adjusting to their new lives while on a hormonal, sleep deprived rollercoaster 🤷‍♀️
Okay but the point is that she’s complaining about not being able to function because she’s wearing her baby. She’s making things harder for herself and she’s complaining about it without actually trying to do anything to fix her problem. Nobody is saying baby wearing is bad. You absolutely did take the comments super personally.

And people are allowed to be snarky about her parenting when she’s portrayed herself as the perfect mother as through out her pregnancy and claimed babies don’t need much looking after but now reality hit and she clearly is out of her depth. She acted superior and it hit her in the face.

Reactions: 10
Okay but the point is that she’s complaining about not being able to function because she’s wearing her baby. She’s making things harder for herself and she’s complaining about it without actually trying to do anything to fix her problem. Nobody is saying baby wearing is bad. You absolutely did take the comments super personally.

And people are allowed to be snarky about her parenting when she’s portrayed herself as the perfect mother as through out her pregnancy and claimed babies don’t need much looking after but now reality hit and she clearly is out of her depth. She acted superior and it hit her in the face.
I absolutely didn't take them personally, just trying to pass on some education about how newborns work for the crowd that seem to think they can rear themselves once born. Maybe she's just venting because it's hard and there's very little fixes for the situation at the moment? In fairness, I don't think she's portrayed herself as the perfect parent at all, but that might be a matter of opinion. I think at the time she said babies need warmth and love or something along those lines; do you think that's her being superior? It's fairly bang on, but they're actually the most taxing things to provide at times, it's relentless. All I'm saying is don't judge what you truly don't understand; it's tough, and it's a journey that many people struggle through in pain and silence. Some people flourish no doubt, but maybe judge something else instead of something that could cut so harshly. It's a tender time full of self doubt, no matter how "well" you're doing. I don't want to be that person, but I really think its only something you can really empathise with once you've been in the position.

Keelin is that you?
Nah just someone with a bit of experience and empathy for someone who's expressed that they're struggling, a struggle thousands of parents find themselves going through, often in silence, which St best ends in tears and upset, at worst ends in tragedy, that's all.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.