Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but this comment drives me nuts. Majority of Irish kids have only their dads surname and does anyone complain the mother didn’t get a look in. There’s a kid in my sons class and he has the mothers surname (parents married and together) and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone comment on how the mother must rule the roost there, the poor dad etc. it’s an extremely old fashioned view. Why should kids automatically be given their dads surname?
I was saying it because moncrieff is not a common name and if she wants to protect the child's identity then hamilton would be a much better option.
Also the reason I said jason doesn't get a look in is because keelin fought with him on a previous video about the order of their name that it would be moncrieff-hamilton and Jason said he thought Hamilton - moncrieff sounded better (which it does) but keelin fought him to say she wanted her name first so yes it APPEARS he doesn't get much of a say. Emphasis on appears because who the duck knows

Reactions: 5
I was saying it because moncrieff is not a common name and if she wants to protect the child's identity then hamilton would be a much better option.
Also the reason I said jason doesn't get a look in is because keelin fought with him on a previous video about the order of their name that it would be moncrieff-hamilton and Jason said he thought Hamilton - moncrieff sounded better (which it does) but keelin fought him to say she wanted her name first so yes it APPEARS he doesn't get much of a say. Emphasis on appears because who the duck knows
Well I think fair fucks to her for ensuring her child gets to carry on her family name. The fact it’s well known is hardly a reason to drop it? Let’s face it, women carry, birth, feed and are generally the primary care givers with kids even when they work full time so she should get to choose in my opinion. My sons have their dads surnames, the surname is not Irish and so it’s very distinguishable. I’m not going to say their dad is famous but he’s extremely well known in his field so they would be quite easily identified. He’s very active on social media (not in an influencer way but due to his work). I too value my kids privacy, I don’t plaster them on social media. I certainly wouldn’t have dropped their dads name for this reason. I do actually regret not at least giving them double barrel as why the hell should they have his name and not mine? That’s one of my regrets but I guess it wasn’t that important to me 10 years ago. As I get older though, I’m sorry I didn’t.

Reactions: 7
Why did they do Moncrieff-Hamilton though when Hamilton-Moncrieff sounds so much better
That's what keelin wanted.

And I just don't agree that a woman should solely get to choose names or whatever else and the partner have no say just because thr women birthed the child and fed them. The man is practically only a sperm donor then if he gets no say in things.

Absolutely nothing wrong with double barrelling the name but Banbha Moncrieff-Hamilton is a bit of a mouthful lol

also i thought Banbha was pronounced like Banva??

Reactions: 8
Bonfa sounds French or something. Lol.
Just thought how weird it is to be discussing someone and their child. I dont know how keelin does it putting herself out there like that. Or any influencer for that matter. Its just so weird to me that someone wpuld want people talking about their lives like that. I certainly wouldn't want it while giving birth lol. I know a girl who is trying to be an influencer and in school she was super attention seeking. I'm just wondering is it some sort of attention seeking thing thwt makes them do this as a job. I can't understand it for the life of me

Reactions: 1
Bonfa sounds French or something. Lol.
Just thought how weird it is to be discussing someone and their child. I dont know how keelin does it putting herself out there like that. Or any influencer for that matter. Its just so weird to me that someone wpuld want people talking about their lives like that. I certainly wouldn't want it while giving birth lol. I know a girl who is trying to be an influencer and in school she was super attention seeking. I'm just wondering is it some sort of attention seeking thing thwt makes them do this as a job. I can't understand it for the life of me
attention seeking combined with thinking theyre too important for a regular job lol but most influencers its just luck, the ones that try really hard to be one never usually become very successful

Reactions: 4
Yeah like I wonder if keelins dad wasn't famous would she have been as popular. I'd imagine it would have been alot harder for her to get following and brands to take interest. I know she strongly denies thwt but I think if she was an ordinary joe then she wouldn't be as popular.

Reactions: 5
surely its pronounced ban-va, i assumed she put her internet name as bambi because the first half sounds the same

Reactions: 7
surely its pronounced ban-va, i assumed she put her internet name as bambi because the first half sounds the same
Well the "bh" should make a v sound but when saying it fast it could sound like an f so that part could have been picked up wrong. And if it's ban or bán which would mean the a would be more bawn instead of ban like van. So I'm thinking it would be pronounced bawn-va. With the v also sounding like an f when you put it all together. I think when you're trying to read phonetically it might all get lost along the way so I see how bonfa works too 😂 you just need to break it down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Well the "bh" should make a v sound but when saying it fast it could sound like an f so that part could have been picked up wrong. And if it's ban or bán which would mean the a would be more bawn instead of ban like van. So I'm thinking it would be pronounced bawn-va. With the v also sounding like an f when you put it all together. I think when you're trying to read phonetically it might all get lost along the way so I see how bonfa works too 😂 you just need to break it down.
unless it has a fada on the first a, ban would rhyme like van surely? just googling it doesnt seem to have a fada but idk not a very common name at all

Reactions: 3
Where are ye getting Bonfa ? 😂 Banbha (ban-va) is unique(ish) but it’s a sweet little Irish name, I know two Banbha’s. One in her 40s and one is in second class, I think it’s gorgeous and I love Bambi for a nickname.

Reactions: 9
unless it has a fada on the first a, ban would rhyme like van surely? just googling it doesnt seem to have a fada but idk not a very common name at all
I suppose it's really up to them how they want to pronounce it too. Like Aine gets anya and onya. I know that depends on the fada aswell but I doubt they've thought that deeply into it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That's what keelin wanted.

And I just don't agree that a woman should solely get to choose names or whatever else and the partner have no say just because thr women birthed the child and fed them. The man is practically only a sperm donor then if he gets no say in things.
Lol what makes you assume that he had no say in things?
I always get comments like that because my son has a very Irish name (I’m Irish, his dad’s English) and whenever we tell people his name they say the same thing ‘oh, did he not get a say lol’ when it was actually his idea and he pushed for the name, I actually wanted to call him Jesse lol.

Lol what makes you assume that he had no say in things?
I always get comments like that because my son has a very Irish name (I’m Irish, his dad’s English) and whenever we tell people his name they say the same thing ‘oh, did he not get a say lol’ when it was actually his idea and he pushed for the name, I actually wanted to call him Jesse lol.
The reason I say that is because in one video she had Jason said he thought Hamilton moncrieff sounded better and keelin said no it was going to be moncrieff hamilton and Jason shut up because keelin seemed adamant it was going to be her name first. I'm just presuming the firsr name was her idea given that she insisted on her name first when hamikton moncrieff has a better ring to it. Obviously I could be wrong but I do think she's bossy and wants her own way

Where are ye getting Bonfa ? 😂 Banbha (ban-va) is unique(ish) but it’s a sweet little Irish name, I know two Banbha’s. One in her 40s and one is in second class, I think it’s gorgeous and I love Bambi for a nickname.
Someone earlier said it was pronounced bonfa

i think she’s getting carried away thinking the whole world is trying to invade the privacy of the baby I understand if strangers ask her friends it’s weird but one of my friends said aisling would probably tell people the type person she is isn’t closed off or something along those lines, I’d say one of her friends have by the looks of that caption

im glad shes choosing to keep her life private and not milk her baby for views and mommy sponsorships. im genuinely surprised.

also she seems to gain/drop friends quickly so she probably has a wide circle of people in dublin who want to know the drama. i cant really imagine a random follower contacting her friends to find out the name that seems a little far fetched to me...more likely some of her friends have already been blabbing about the name to other people but have denied doing it

love her throwing in "sanctimonious" and "nuanced" in her little rant to remind us all she's a writer and yet she still manages to use commas in the wrong place

Reactions: 6
Is she really keeping the child's life private tho? We practically saw the baby come out of her vag? And the fact that she's showing the baby at all imo is looking for mommy sponsors.

Do we know why she included Saoirse? I think it’s nice to include a family members name by the way so not knocking it. Just wondered if she’d mentioned including her name previously? I don’t really watch her YouTube anymore and the algorithm on Instagram makes me miss most of her stories!

She named her Banbha Saoirse Moncrieff and the “name Banbha is pronounced bonfa”

Don’t ask me how I know lol…
It’s pronounced ‘bonfa’, not sure why but it’s a direct quote from someone close to them.
And there’s also no double-barrel surname, it’s just Moncrieff.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.