Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dunno if it’s just me but Saoirse commenting on Jason’s insta of him with the baby saying “dilf” and “you look like a hunk” is so weird?? They have such an odd relationship. If my sister commented like that on my baby daddy’s pics I’d be like 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I feel like it’s because a baby probably wouldn’t recognised by their body, so it doesn’t influence their digital footprint in the same way as showing their face would? So their anonymity is still protected whilst being able to share certain aspects of the experience of motherhood? Idk. I’ve posted in this thread about this before because I think it’s so interesting. There isn’t necessarily a right or wrong way to deal with this issue because it hasn’t been an issue for long enough.
Oh I agree it’s for anonymity but it’s just contrived in the sense of why post the baby at all? Like you’re fully just using it as a prop at this point. Again, so much better than putting their face out there but it’s like trying to fulfil a superficial mum aesthetic. It’s definitely an interesting issue, and I think the fact that children aren’t old enough to consent to put their identities out there is central to it. All in all, I don’t think keelin’s wrong or anything, and doing better than a lot of other parents.

Reactions: 9
She has built a career selling her life online. Would be quite weird if she just never acknowledged She was pregnant. Her life is her content. I do get why she is keeping the child's face private and personally I wouldn't put my child's picture online. I watched the birth video and thought it was lovely but if ibwas the child i dont know how id feel in years to come having it on youtube. At the end of the day her career choice is hers but a child can't consent to being plastered on the Internet.

Reactions: 6
I do find it a bit contrived to say oh we’re not sharing her name or any photos of her, but here please watch this video of me giving birth.

She has built a career selling her life online. Would be quite weird if she just never acknowledged She was pregnant. Her life is her content. I do get why she is keeping the child's face private and personally I wouldn't put my child's picture online. I watched the birth video and thought it was lovely but if ibwas the child i dont know how id feel in years to come having it on youtube. At the end of the day her career choice is hers but a child can't consent to being plastered on the Internet.

Reactions: 13
I just watched her video and the poor girl you can see the fear and pain on her face a few times giving birth and Jason seems so helpless just trying to comfort her. Those are the bits she chose to share so imagine the clips she didn't show. I don't know why I just still can't imagine her with a baby though, when I just watched her give birth 😂

Because if you watch it, the child isn’t in that video at all, you can’t see her, idk, I know this is a gossip forum and I’m kind of piping up to defend her and maybe it’s not the place for it, but I feel like it’s Keelin’s experience to share if she wants to. It doesn’t reveal the child’s name or face, and it was entirely from her point of view as an experience she went through with Jason and the midwives. I didn’t feel she overshared.

I do find it a bit contrived to say oh we’re not sharing her name or any photos of her, but here please watch this video of me giving birth.

Reactions: 11
Because if you watch it, the child isn’t in that video at all, you can’t see her, idk, I know this is a gossip forum and I’m kind of piping up to defend her and maybe it’s not the place for it, but I feel like it’s Keelin’s experience to share if she wants to. It doesn’t reveal the child’s name or face, and it was entirely from her point of view as an experience she went through with Jason and the midwives. I didn’t feel she overshared.
The thing is when the kid is a teenager they will all know who her ma is. I saw a video if your ma giving birth to you. I saw a picture of you on your ma's tit etc etc. It doesn't matter that she doesn't say the child's name or show the child's face. Everyone that knows the child will know who her mam is, they'll have access to videos of her mam talking about crappy nappies or how great she is on the tit or whatever else she shares. It's pointless pretending that the child's privacy isn't being invaded by their parent sharing these things just because they don't share the face or the name.

I wonder if they’ll get married next year or postpone it for a few years. Didn’t she say she already put a deposit on a castle or something ?? I always forget they’re engaged since they got engaged so early on in the relationship

Reactions: 5
The thing is when the kid is a teenager they will all know who her ma is. I saw a video if your ma giving birth to you. I saw a picture of you on your ma's tit etc etc. It doesn't matter that she doesn't say the child's name or show the child's face. Everyone that knows the child will know who her mam is, they'll have access to videos of her mam talking about crappy nappies or how great she is on the tit or whatever else she shares. It's pointless pretending that the child's privacy isn't being invaded by their parent sharing these things just because they don't share the face or the name.
I highly doubt that 13 years from now kids will have access to an Instagram story (that is already gone) where Keelin mentions she was breastfeeding, and even so, in 13 years I’d like to think people wouldn’t be so backward that they’d think it’d be something to ridicule.

So are we not supposed to talk about motherhood at all? Or share any experiences around it? In case a child that might not even be born yet takes the piss a decade down the line? Have you ever seen any videos of anyone giving birth on telly? Did you think the same about those mams? This is a weird take, literally everyone’s been born? I doubt Instagram will even be a thing in 13 years, even YouTube is dying out as a medium for influencers, to suggest that anyone will even give a tit that far into the future is laughable. Keeping the child’s face and name anonymous means that she’s keeping her safe from strangers, she’s well within her rights to do that.

Reactions: 17
I highly doubt that 13 years from now kids will have access to an Instagram story (that is already gone) where Keelin mentions she was breastfeeding, and even so, in 13 years I’d like to think people wouldn’t be so backward that they’d think it’d be something to ridicule.

So are we not supposed to talk about motherhood at all? Or share any experiences around it? In case a child that might not even be born yet takes the piss a decade down the line? Have you ever seen any videos of anyone giving birth on telly? Did you think the same about those mams? This is a weird take, literally everyone’s been born? I doubt Instagram will even be a thing in 13 years, even YouTube is dying out as a medium for influencers, to suggest that anyone will even give a tit that far into the future is laughable. Keeping the child’s face and name anonymous means that she’s keeping her safe from strangers, she’s well within her rights to do that.
I don't think anyone has said she isn't within her rights to that have they? I just don't agree that hiding your child's face and name but still featuring them on your public social media to an audience of 80,000 people(just on instagram) that you use to make money is respecting their privacy. You are welcome to your opinion, I have mine 🤷‍♀️

And as said before she didn't give a tit bout showing cora and used her for content ALOT so why is her baby more entitled to privacy than cora?

Reactions: 13
Yeah I get what your saying but my experience with guys hasn't been good at all. I had one decent guy but he wasn't irish he was American and americwn guys seem to treat women with a lot more respect buy yeah irish men in general I find can be pricks to girls and laugh at them with their friends but Jason seems like a really nice guy. Maybe that's just my experience with guys
american lads are lovely!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
She named her Banbha Saoirse Moncrieff and the “name Banbha is pronounced bonfa”

Don’t ask me how I know lol…

• Wow
Bonfa saoirse moncrieff? Oh lawd. So I guess that Jason didn't get a look in with the name or it's second to the great moncrieff. Poor guy doesn't get much of a say. Hamilton is a nicer name I think than moncriwff and would be less recognisable in schools etc if they wanted to keep child's identity private

Bonfa saoirse moncrieff? Oh lawd. So I guess that Jason didn't get a look in with the name or it's second to the great moncrieff. Poor guy doesn't get much of a say. Hamilton is a nicer name I think than moncriwff and would be less recognisable in schools etc if they wanted to keep child's identity private
Sorry but this comment drives me nuts. Majority of Irish kids have only their dads surname and does anyone complain the mother didn’t get a look in. There’s a kid in my sons class and he has the mothers surname (parents married and together) and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone comment on how the mother must rule the roost there, the poor dad etc. it’s an extremely old fashioned view. Why should kids automatically be given their dads surname?

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Sorry but this comment drives me nuts. Majority of Irish kids have only their dads surname and does anyone complain the mother didn’t get a look in. There’s a kid in my sons class and he has the mothers surname (parents married and together) and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone comment on how the mother must rule the roost there, the poor dad etc. it’s an extremely old fashioned view. Why should kids automatically be given their dads surname?
You need the dads surname on birth certificate because if you and your partner have a bad separation and the mother refuses to let them see the father ect, he wants to see his kids say through court they have more a chance because his name is down.

Reactions: 1
You need the dads surname on birth certificate because if you and your partner have a bad separation and the mother refuses to let them see the father ect, he wants to see his kids say through court they have more a chance because his name is down.
Don’t think it was said anywhere she’s not putting the dads name on the birth cert? Parents name stated on birth certs has nothing to do with the actual name given to the child.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.