Keelin Moncrieff #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose it's really up to them how they want to pronounce it too. Like Aine gets anya and onya. I know that depends on the fada aswell but I doubt they've thought that deeply into it 😂
hahha, my name is Aine and most people find it hard to pronounce it !! the child will spend the rest of it life teaching people how to pronounce its name lol

Reactions: 4
When you show most of the baby and, you talk non stop about said baby, show breast milk everyday, practically show it coming out of your vag, how in all honestly can you expect people not to talk about it. Although I found the birth video emotional and was nice to see baby born but I still think how could she have put that up on YouTube. Isn't that stuff extremely private? So I don't feel in the slightest bit sorry for her that people ask her the name. She's generating the interest in the baby. Keep the baby of social media entirely if you don't want questions

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I do think Keelin is being hypocritical by saying at one point she’ll keep her baby’s life private and then at another literally posting the birthing process and monetising the first day of her baby’s life. However, I don’t think the baby’s full name should’ve been posted on this thread (or anywhere else it may have been); I think that’s an invasion of the baby’s privacy and I think moving forward maybe we should refrain from saying the baby’s name unless Keelin or her family make it public.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do think Keelin is being hypocritical by saying at one point she’ll keep her baby’s life private and then at another literally posting the birthing process and monetising the first day of her baby’s life. However, I don’t think the baby’s full name should’ve been posted on this thread (or anywhere else it may have been); I think that’s an invasion of the baby’s privacy and I think moving forward maybe we should refrain from saying the baby’s name unless Keelin or her family make it public.
to be fair she said the first name on a podcast months ago and then announced on her ig that she accidentally said the name while keeping the podcast up basically promoting it

Reactions: 6
If nobody had of said the name she probably would have come on here and posted it herself for attention anyway at some point, it’s very clear she reads this and pretty sure she’s posted on it before

She's well within her rights to change her mind about sharing the name even if she already mentioned it. The child is whats important at the end of the day and we all make parenting mistakes that we backtrack on to rectify, and maybe for Keelin she feels its important to backpedal in this instance. It wouldn't be my choice of name but to each their own.

I thought the birth video was amazing, fair play to her and whoever her midwives were, they deserve the world they seemed absolutely incredible at their jobs and so supportive. I think that picture of her flat needs to be deleted from here - I know it was posted by her sister but I don't think it should have gone further than that, even though it was obvious to anyone in Dublin the area she lived - I would feel so unsafe and like I had to move house if I knew a picture like that was online and it might cause an element of undue stress while she's already dealing with the realities of new mothering. Elements of what she says, does and shares online are hypocritical when it comes to privacy but a picture of someones' home going on a forum seems wrong to me.

Reactions: 7
She's well within her rights to change her mind about sharing the name even if she already mentioned it. The child is whats important at the end of the day and we all make parenting mistakes that we backtrack on to rectify, and maybe for Keelin she feels its important to backpedal in this instance. It wouldn't be my choice of name but to each their own.

I thought the birth video was amazing, fair play to her and whoever her midwives were, they deserve the world they seemed absolutely incredible at their jobs and so supportive. I think that picture of her flat needs to be deleted from here - I know it was posted by her sister but I don't think it should have gone further than that, even though it was obvious to anyone in Dublin the area she lived - I would feel so unsafe and like I had to move house if I knew a picture like that was online and it might cause an element of undue stress while she's already dealing with the realities of new mothering. Elements of what she says, does and shares online are hypocritical when it comes to privacy but a picture of someones' home going on a forum seems wrong to me.
agreed, but im pretty sure she said she would keep the name a secret and then she 'accidentally' said it on the podcast thats all🤷‍♀️ think she just wants people talking about it, mystery of it bringing up engagement

Reactions: 3

tbf keelin literally posted a pic on her instagram where you can tell where she lives out of the window anyway, its just as bad as what saoirse posted so she's obviously not fussed. she's not a 5 star celebrity nobodys gonna come knocking on her door

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah it's really hard to know with keelin. When the attention of having a new born wears off I wonder how she'll be. The baby is beyond adorable I will admit and its lovely to see a supportive boyfriend/family dynamic. The way things should be. The sad reality is though this isn't the case for everyone. I feel keelin will undoubtedly influence a lot of young girls into wanting to have a baby now but the truth is she has a LOT of help financially wheter she admits to that or not she really is in a very priveliged position with support networks and finance wise. She's a very lucky person in that regard and baby is healthy etc. I'm not saying it is easy for her but I feel she is in a much more priveliged position to have a baby than other people. Just sad facts of life I guess

tbf keelin literally posted a pic on her instagram where you can tell where she lives out of the window anyway, its just as bad as what saoirse posted so she's obviously not fussed. she's not a 5 star celebrity nobodys gonna come knocking on her door
This is also my opinion too haha I walk by it nearly everyday and didn’t know it was where she lived that’s all but I get how it can be an invasion of privacy so I’ll delete it

Reactions: 2
Yeah it's really hard to know with keelin. When the attention of having a new born wears off I wonder how she'll be. The baby is beyond adorable I will admit and its lovely to see a supportive boyfriend/family dynamic. The way things should be. The sad reality is though this isn't the case for everyone. I feel keelin will undoubtedly influence a lot of young girls into wanting to have a baby now but the truth is she has a LOT of help financially wheter she admits to that or not she really is in a very priveliged position with support networks and finance wise. She's a very lucky person in that regard and baby is healthy etc. I'm not saying it is easy for her but I feel she is in a much more priveliged position to have a baby than other people. Just sad facts of life I guess
exactly, she presented it as "oh lol i just got pregnant by accident and then i just spontaneously moved from london and couldnt find an apartment in dublin" when in reality they were trying the whole time (dont know how anyone believes otherwise) and she moved back to dublin with the assumption she could live with either her mam or dad (despite having a cat and a boyfriend in tow). She has a lot of emotional and financial support, she just likes to pretend she doesn't for some reason. Not to mention her apartment was mostly furnished with old furniture her dad apparently had lying around and all the baby stuff she has seems to be gifts from friends/family or gifted by a company. She keeps harping on about how love is all a baby needs and its irresponsible

Reactions: 12
exactly, she presented it as "oh lol i just got pregnant by accident and then i just spontaneously moved from london and couldnt find an apartment in dublin" when in reality they were trying the whole time (dont know how anyone believes otherwise) and she moved back to dublin with the assumption she could live with either her mam or dad (despite having a cat and a boyfriend in tow). She has a lot of emotional and financial support, she just likes to pretend she doesn't for some reason. Not to mention her apartment was mostly furnished with old furniture her dad apparently had lying around and all the baby stuff she has seems to be gifts from friends/family or gifted by a company. She keeps harping on about how love is all a baby needs and its irresponsible
I’ve always got the vibe she’s ‘cos playing’ as someone more working class so she can seem more anti-establishment…

Reactions: 10
just looked at her socialblade and she's deleted 818 instagram pics, rebrand incoming lol...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I don’t mean to sound like an idiot I use to see edit and delete options but can’t rn🤣 how do I delete an old post on here

Tbf gotta give it to her for being so open about her experience, the breastfeeding, not giving a glamourised view of birth. I don’t think she’s influencing any of her followers to have a baby, like someone else said, as she’s been raw about the whole thing. I also feel bad for her having to have had a forceps delivery, quite traumatising for her and baby. I imagine tensions are high right now and she is being very overly protective of her baby as she should, as like she said she is only a week old. I’d probs be the same lol

Reactions: 9
I don’t mean to sound like an idiot I use to see edit and delete options but can’t rn🤣 how do I delete an old post on here
Can’t delete old posts unless you report to admin and ask them if they will delete

Ypu can only edit or delete a post soon after it was sent. Look don't worry about posting that. Saoirse and keelin have posted pics of where it is on their instagrams a few times. You are just showing people here how bad it is that she did that You did nothing wrong. If for some reason a person wanted to stalk keelin( which they wouldn't) they would have seen it from her own instagram anyway not here. Like we all have. I already knew where it was

I have to lol at all the posts telling her she has every right to privacy of her child when she is the one creating the buzz around the child. Noone in reality cares but ofc would be curious when she posts about her. I highly doubt anyone is harrassing her like the comments suggest.

Reactions: 5
Hmmm I find it all a bit suss. Claiming not to show your baby online yet a photo yesterday showed 95% of the baby, an emoji covering a tiny bit of face. Keep it online or offline, any on and off the fence behaviour makes me think it’s for the aesthetic. Also, (and this is purely me being petty), as a native irish speaker when people who do not speak irish day to day, choose hideous names like BANVA (phonetic version), it’s pretentious. It’s a bit bono for me. I think calling your child an irish name is usually beautiful, but when you go out of your way to choose the most unique “edgy” irish name there is while not speaking the language, it comes across as very middle class. Go to a real Gaeltacht and you will not see anyone with that name, because a native speaker would not name their kid that. There are numerous lovely irish names, if they just tried not to be as alty as possible for once. Banbha reminds me of something a rice, irish woman living in a detached house in grey stones wouldcall their child. Ok rant over

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.