Katie Snooks #4 Brunch obsessed, house's a mess but still won't declutter the wedding dress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The lick paint was gifted

In one of her stories the other week she was having a colour consultation with someone from lick so yes 100% some kind of big #gifted reveal
Colour consultation hahahaha šŸ˜† that sounds so bleeping stupid

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Skin + Me first trial was amazing and cleared my skin right up! I then cancelled the subscription and just used the prescription ingredients and ordered some similar items from The Ordinary and my skins been brilliant since šŸ™‚
Just ordered, you should be getting commission ;)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
How did you get the prescription ingredients outside of skin and me ? I am on my second month and really enjoying it but can't seem to find tretinoin elsewhere?

I would highly recommend it btw, my skin is no longer a ball of grease when I wake up.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How did you get the prescription ingredients outside of skin and me ? I am on my second month and really enjoying it but can't seem to find tretinoin elsewhere?

I would highly recommend it btw, my skin is no longer a ball of grease when I wake up.
Mine didnā€™t include that, think mine was a combo of niacinemide and salicylic acid! Niacinemide is a game changer though gals - I literally buy a few bottles from the ordinary each time (itā€™s like Ā£6) and pop a bit on in the mornings and evenings. Iā€™ll have a look and see if I can find anything with tretinoin in x

Mine didnā€™t include that, think mine was a combo of niacinemide and salicylic acid! Niacinemide is a game changer though gals - I literally buy a few bottles from the ordinary each time (itā€™s like Ā£6) and pop a bit on in the mornings and evenings. Iā€™ll have a look and see if I can find anything with tretinoin in x
Just looked and unfortunately it looks like it can only be prescribed. What other ingredients are in your Skin&Me prescription? I think there are comparisons to tretinoin and retinol but they arenā€™t the same but that could be another option!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Why has G got his giant hand placed so awkwardly like that šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Omg I'm dying. 'This is MY daughter. Do not touch her.'

Maybe just me but I found it quite gross how she put Hello Fresh on blast...for the sake of a couple of late deliveries. All too willing to accept and promote 'gifted' products but a brand dares to disappoint Kathleen and she won't hesitate to make sure all her followers know about it. Made me wonder if they wouldn't gift her anything and she got sulky.

And OF COURSE the Lick paint was 'gifted'. Am getting so sick of the culture of influencers being given things for free and this being accepted as normal. So many influencers are so entitled, wasteful and greedy. It's particularly uncomfortable to see in the context of many people having been left jobless by the pandemic. It's unrelatable, uneconomical and I really wish it would stop. I feel like a lot of people are getting turned off brands that work with several influencers. I personally detest it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg I'm dying. 'This is MY daughter. Do not touch her.'

Maybe just me but I found it quite gross how she put Hello Fresh on blast...for the sake of a couple of late deliveries. All too willing to accept and promote 'gifted' products but a brand dares to disappoint Kathleen and she won't hesitate to make sure all her followers know about it. Made me wonder if they wouldn't gift her anything and she got sulky.

And OF COURSE the Lick paint was 'gifted'. Am getting so sick of the culture of influencers being given things for free and this being accepted as normal. So many influencers are so entitled, wasteful and greedy. It's particularly uncomfortable to see in the context of many people having been left jobless by the pandemic. It's unrelatable, uneconomical and I really wish it would stop. I feel like a lot of people are getting turned off brands that work with several influencers. I personally detest it.
I just HATE that its always the people who can afford nice things that are given them for free.
Why are the rest of us expected to pay for their lifestyle?

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Again, an influencer who can afford to decorate their own house, is gifted stuff. She doesnā€™t appreciate it, sheā€™s a spoilt little brat.

I hope it peels off the walls.

Thatā€™s lick paint on the ā€œdo not buy fromā€ list

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I actually quite like the colour (although it's so popular in recent years that it's going to look dated before long) but it looks bloody awful with the sofa! Not a great advert for the 'colour consultation' services.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So lemme get this straight. She is gifted Lick paint - and is very happy to do up a room cause, its gifted.

In her vlog then go to buy paint samples for another room. Do they pick Lick ? Nope. They've picked out all dulux samples (because its not as expensive as F&B).

So.. what this tells me is that she is happy to use Lick when its #gifted or #spon but is not happy to spend her own money on it. And even then its not her first choice because they were comparing dulux to F&B.

This is what really annoys me about influencers. They promote stuff that they wouldnt actually use if they had to use their own money!!

*Also sidenote: painting gets really expensive really quickly especially if your doing multiple rooms. Based on this, I personally would never chose to buy a brand such as Lick because its out of my price range. So whilst I'm not saying that Katie should buy expensive paint I just think that if your going to promote a product it should at least be something that you'd be willing to fork out the money for yourself otherwise its just not genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ā£38 for 2.5lts of that paint? She clearly thinks itā€™s expensive herself because the stuff she is buying herself is Dulux.

• Wow
I haven't seen, but it seems weird that Lick are OK with her doing an #ad for them and also mentioning buying from competitors in the same breath!? I'd have expected them to keep up the act of only buying from Lick..... 'Lick are SO GOOD GUYS but not that good, because here I am also buying from the leading paint brand'.

We predicted the Lick sponsorship last week, surely last weeks vlog should have disclosed that she is working with them because she'll definitely have known before planning that consultation. No doubt this weeks vlog will also be an ad for Lick!

ETA I've never used or read the word 'lick' so much šŸ˜‚ it's stopped looking like a real word.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Full disclosure - I have used lick in 3 of my rooms (fully paid for by myself) - its actually brilliant paint - you only need 1 coat - yes its pricey but much better coverage than F&B.

But yes, they totally have a bit of a gimmick with their paint cans, marketing.

It REALLY puts me off though when brands gift to influencers that are not likely to use it again/aren't really on brand - I mean are Kate's followers really the target market? How may of her followers are following her purely for renovations? I would guess less than 1%

• Heart
(in influencer's voice) Hello guys, get a snack, make a cup of tea, it's gonna be a long 'un today šŸ¤­

Daddy G made her dinner. Aww, how cute. But wait. He used Gousto. It's still nice but she made it sound initially like he cooked from scratch.
Screenshot_20210517-182709.png

The whole Hello Fresh thing is such bad form from Katie. I imagine she was bitter she wasn't gifted it like many other influencers but to be so nit picking. I can understand her being upset being a paying customer and not finding the service up to standard. But Katie love, this is what happens to lots of us every day, often when we ordered things recommended by the likes of you. And often we also need to accept a refund in a form of a voucher, or have delivery attempted 3 times - welcome to the real world.
Screenshot_20210517-182918.png

Screenshot_20210517-183033.png

Also, if I worked for Gousto (she's clearly fishing for a partnership here, you can tell), seeing how badly she spoke about Hello Fresh, I'd think twice before I'd want to partner up with her.
Screenshot_20210517-182749.png

Oh, but of course he did.
Screenshot_20210517-182807.png

ROOM BEFORE
Screenshot_20210517-182718.png

I love she is justifying her painting choices by saying a friend who does interior design told them to paint the whole room and all they way up. Like she knew already that people will comment about making the room look smaller.
Screenshot_20210517-233538.png

Screenshot_20210517-233603.png

I don't think there is anything wrong in painting the whole room in one colour but this just isn't particularly nice or interesting colour.
Screenshot_20210517-233628.png

Also it doesn't really go with the plush chair things
Screenshot_20210517-233725.png

Oh, not only is our boss babe so tiny but also so clumsy you guys giggle giggle gggggggggiiiiiiigle
Screenshot_20210517-182742.png

Yes Kate, you should definitely cram in even more crap into one room.
Screenshot_20210517-233716.png

So, is she having more bookshelves built in this room, or somewhere else in the house? I do not follow...
Screenshot_20210517-233648.png

So here sister must have taken the pic. So yet again they were crammed, 3 households together. It's not illegal but not very smart either.
Screenshot_20210517-182845.png

If your cramping is leaving you whimpering on the floor, it might be time to see the GP? Like I am the last person to diagnose others, but if her cramps are really that bad, something might be on. There is no need to suffer needlessly.
Screenshot_20210517-182907.png

Is anyone else starting to hate the "games" they come up with?
Screenshot_20210517-233749.png

Yes, how hard is it to read something before posting, or deleting a Story and replacing with one with correct spelling. I thought influencers knew these things.
(Also no way a phone autocorrects to "hazlenutty" šŸ¤­)
Screenshot_20210517-233757.png

Roofs are a bit stronger than this Kathleeeeeeen.
Screenshot_20210517-183011.png

Screenshot_20210517-183021.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
(in influencer's voice) Hello guys, get a snack, make a cup of tea, it's gonna be a long 'un today šŸ¤­

Daddy G made her dinner. Aww, how cute. But wait. He used Gousto. It's still nice but she made it sound initially like he cooked from scratch.
View attachment 578919
The whole Hello Fresh thing is such bad form from Katie. I imagine she was bitter she wasn't gifted it like many other influencers but to be so nit picking. I can understand her being upset being a paying customer and not finding the service up to standard. But Katie love, this is what happens to lots of us every day, often when we ordered things recommended by the likes of you. And often we also need to accept a refund in a form of a voucher, or have delivery attempted 3 times - welcome to the real world.
View attachment 578911
View attachment 578914

Also, if I worked for Gousto (she's clearly fishing for a partnership here, you can tell), seeing how badly she spoke about Hello Fresh, I'd think twice before I'd want to partner up with her.
View attachment 578901

Oh, but of course he did.
View attachment 578903

ROOM BEFORE
View attachment 578920

I love she is justifying her painting choices by saying a friend who does interior design told them to paint the whole room and all they way up. Like she knew already that people will comment about making the room look smaller.
View attachment 578896
View attachment 578897

I don't think there is anything wrong in painting the whole room in one colour but this just isn't particularly nice or interesting colour.
View attachment 578900
Also it doesn't really go with the plush chair things
View attachment 578906

Oh, not only is our boss babe so tiny but also so clumsy you guys giggle giggle gggggggggiiiiiiigle
View attachment 578899
Yes Kate, you should definitely cram in even more crap into one room.
View attachment 578904
So, is she having more bookshelves built in this room, or somewhere else in the house? I do not follow...
View attachment 578902

So here sister must have taken the pic. So yet again they were crammed, 3 households together. It's not illegal but not very smart either.
View attachment 578907

If your cramping is leaving you whimpering on the floor, it might be time to see the GP? Like I am the last person to diagnose others, but if her cramps are really that bad, something might be on. There is no need to suffer needlessly.
View attachment 578909

Is anyone else starting to hate the "games" they come up with?
View attachment 578908

Yes, how hard is it to read something before posting, or deleting a Story and replacing with one with correct spelling. I thought influencers knew these things.
(Also no way a phone autocorrects to "hazlenutty" šŸ¤­)
View attachment 578910

Roofs are a bit stronger than this Kathleeeeeeen.
View attachment 578912
View attachment 578913
She needs to give her head a wobble.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That dripping tap game šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø even before I turned the volume on I knew sheā€™d be giggling hysterically. Washing her hands must be such a riot.

• Haha
The 'games' are surely more 'in jokes' that you have with your partner and don't share online? I don't understand why anyone would be interested/ why she thinks anyone wants to see it.

Why is she always wandering around in her knickers/ with no trousers on?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.