Katie Snooks #4 Brunch obsessed, house's a mess but still won't declutter the wedding dress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure I understand the point of the house video. I was expecting a sit down video talking through the process, their requirements, timelines, any advice.... maybe the vloggy snippets could be included with some context. It just doesn't seem very useful to have a load of 30 second clips strung together
We're in a car
We're on the tube
We're looking at another house now
We've got a viewing
We've made an offer
We're on the sofa
Hehehe
We are stressed

I feel like Katie's missed a trick here because she could have made a really helpful video for other first time buyers, especially those in London.

A few ideas for segments could be

Why did we want to buy a house
Why did we want to stay in London
Requirements and preferences
When to get a mortgage in principle
Viewing properties/ changing opinions
How did Covid affect viewings
Putting in an offer
Exchanging
Completing
Was there anything unexpected/ that you weren't prepared for
Any advice for other first time buyers
Would we do anything differently

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Iā€™m refusing to watch the house video purely because sheā€™s put zero effort into a thumbnail for it šŸ˜…

Reactions: 9
Feel like we should add ā€˜my camera was stolenā€™ to bingo.... bish, you left it outside, no oneā€™s fault but yours, please get over it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Feel like we should add ā€˜my camera was stolenā€™ to bingo.... bish, you left it outside, no oneā€™s fault but yours, please get over it.
Donā€™t forget by some miracle of the angels the camera was returned to her because the person watched her clips back and realised how super duper important she is, big shot influencer and how amazing daddy G is and their moving day so they returned it šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I listened to her guest on a couple of different podcasts. She sounds very unprepared and almost childlike at times, now possibly she gets incredibly nervous, but she used the wrong words, muddled up the words in her sentences that wasn't easy/pleasant to listen to. She claims she wants to do more presentation work, she is likeable but needs to work on her delivery I could feel her nerves and, was focused on that more than what she was saying.

Apparently she gets most traction on her acne and dating videos which makes sense. Her honesty there was something that drew people in, myself included, leading to the assumption she would plough the same energy into her gut issues / healing journey? Her dates with Kate was also funny and enjoyable, G seems to be such a know it all mansplainer perhaps he is stifling her, not supporting her gut journey if it impacts his life etc. In the house buying she seemed more like their child vlogging the experience, not an equal partner in the decision making or involved in the work and, I'm sure the boring paperwork. Additionally his imput into her wardrobe wasn't great, it's understand she wants to look more polished as a 33 year old, but his look is (naturally) quite a bit older and, not really what she should be going for - yet. For some reason, not easily translated by his online presence in her sm, she's crazy about him, but perhaps should include him less in her work? He's just unlikeable (Sorry Katie and Katie's mum if you're still reading)

Reactions: 19
I hate to admit he's the top reason I stopped watching her content. I used to love her vlogs . He just rubbed me the wrong way from the start. Like I've said before, I'm truly glad she is happy even if I won't watch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
YES! That's exactly it, you've nailed it. He comes across as so smug and unlikeable in her videos/his insta.

What's all this about her Mum on Tattle? I must've missed that!
She talked on one of the podcasts about how her mum read the constructive comments hate about her online, and at first she was thrilled that people were caring enough to discuss her, but then hated it when everything wasn't complimentary (nothing ever is though?)

Occasionally sends screen grabs to her friends and colleagues or on group chats where they laugh at the 'hate' and how it all primarily boils down to bitter jealously. they all say this though don't they?

I don't think she should read here, it's akin to listening to your friends talk about you embarrassing yourself on a night out, or colleagues discuss you at the coffee machine etc. nothing is ever all positive, even your mum will moan about your behaviour sometimes. key is it's unusually your behaviour that one time, not you. Katie is basically very likeable, but her child like persona at times is annoying. Daddio geffory (sadly mostly very unlikeable) seems to bring it out more. I'm sure he's fine in small doses, but if your mate's bf was like that it would grate having to see them together too often. I see him with a packet of wet wipes and plasters on him at all times for Katie, he needs her to believe she needs him to have them to parent her, not going to the dump on her own, not shopping on her own etc. Then coming out with 'ah, well actually...' correcting other people constantly when it's unnecessary.

Reactions: 13
@Swipeupyouguys Oh what a babe - thank you for taking one for the team! I watched it when Katie was on the Mustards podcast (watched as in they actually do it over a video call and save to YT) and she really wasn't that memorable. I felt like the Mustards were trying to push her towards sharing some really saucy details, in terms of her going on a 100 dates (or however many, can't remember now) during that year and a bit when she was single. The thing is, she did go on many dates but I don't thing she had that many saucy details to share besides the few times when her dates were purely odd and she'd already talked about them in her own videos. I think they also wanted more deets regarding her almost being a participant on Love Island but she did drop out so again, there was nothing that interesting about that.
I think the only decent bit of presenting she did, was the acne documentary for BBC. It was quite good, she was good at interviewing fellow acne sufferers but I think she was only good at it, because it was a topic she was familiar with and confident at. She was very empathetic towards the interviewees.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The downside of deleting Instagram is that I can't join in with Kathleen Bingo..... I'll check here later, hoping for some gorgeous brunch pics šŸ¤ž

Reactions: 8
Given that every photo Katie showed of their ā€œBBQā€ food was taken indoors, something tells me people didnā€™t stay in the garden lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Her insta stories are getting really boring now. Itā€™s very obvious she lurks on tattle frequently and is taking suggestions from here- which is why sheā€™s explicitly elaborated that they ā€˜divided and conqueredā€™ that she did a food shop ALONE whilst Geoffro cleaned....

also the play test tube set clearly wasnā€™t an indication of things to come as u wouldnā€™t have ended up as an ā€˜influencerā€™ with an ā€˜art degreeā€™
šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She carefully didnā€™t mention if anyone else was there so who knows..
You say that but judging by their normal portion sizes, it's highly possible they've had that whole spread between the two of them
šŸ¤­

Reactions: 5
OK guys here it is. Sorry it's so late, I have been at work all day. Like literally all day. 11 hours in total. Mostly for @Tom_Nook but also anyone who catches up on the thread after the Stories disappear.

So, as PP said, she had to make it known she went to the shop by herself. Is anyone surprised that G was on cleaning duty? I'm not.
Screenshot_20210510-124143.png

In case you might be able to read this, here's the caponata recipe. I mean it's not like there are hundreds available online. Also it wouldn't have been that hard to type it out and put on her blog with any comments or changes her and G implemented.
Oh no, wait, it's Katie. It would definitely be too much effort and give her a migraine.
Screenshot_20210510-223645.png

No-one asked but thanks for the info.
(I mean I'd take this seriously if she actually did make-up content on a regular basis like before but I can't remember the last time she reviewed anything or did "new in", or a make-up tutorial. I don't even want to mention the 100 lipsticks thingy. If she did it properly, it would have been done by now.)
Screenshot_20210510-223609.png

Trolling us again. So transparent. So needy.

Screenshot_20210510-124823.png

BBQ outfit. Almost.
I mean, basic but cute.
Screenshot_20210510-223601.png

Yes, this is how time works. Days come and go, whether you're ready or not.
Screenshot_20210510-223633.png

Is this also how Katie lets G know she wants to play? Brings a sex toy and sulks next to it?

Screenshot_20210510-124925.png

Anyone else is buzzing?
Screenshot_20210510-223523.png

PLEASE NO MORE REELS. I hate Reels. Not just from Katie but anyone else. Constantly terrified that I will have the sound on while trying to watch at work. I also don't find them particularly informative. The text often disappears quickly so I have to watch like 2-3 to get the gist of it. Maybe that's the point though? So they get more views? I am so over Reels. Just go and get a TikTok Kath. You will find more like-minded people there.
Screenshot_20210510-223702.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
PLEASE NO MORE REELS. I hate Reels. Not just from Katie but anyone else. Constantly terrified that I will have the sound on while trying to watch at work. I also don't find them particularly informative. The text often disappears quickly so I have to watch like 2-3 to get the gist of it. Maybe that's the point though? So they get more views? I am so over Reels. Just go and get a TikTok Kath. You will find more like-minded people there.
View attachment 568664
Totally agree with you on reels; 95% of them are totally pointless and donā€™t show anything.

I do wonder if she or gleam read here, has been mentioned a few times about dating content, out and about in London content, and here we go...

Reactions: 7
Anybody else notice on the weekend up roundup photo of her in her bbq outfit, on one of the dining chairs to the park right, looks like a bag and jacket there? I reckon they did have guests but after we roasted her for her crappy behaviour and lack of distancing from her pregnant sister, sheā€™s not mentioning other people or taken photos. Thatā€™s fine if they went to take the risk but the majority of people are still being cautious. We havenā€™t just been through the last year to just abandon efforts now.
Also does it give anyone else nightmares about their doors being wide open with that Fox around and Dr Maurice? It would just panic me incase it appeared and ran into the house šŸ˜‚ Daddy G would get his camera and Kathleen would be screaming thereā€™s a foxxxxxxxxx!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.