Katie Snooks #3 Dr Bore-eece will see u now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why but I just don't believe her ? I think she does look young but I have a really hard time believing that someone who came through the time of physical face scrubs (come on we all scrubbed the tit out of our noses when we were young teens right?) has always worn SPF in the U.K. winter when they were 16....
I was about the say the same thing and also no tanning beds? It was a rite of passage for millennials in their teenage years in UK and other more northern countries in Europe. And she was definitely one to keep up with the trends, so I don't see how she would chose to avoid this. There wasn't much info about harm of sunbeds back then, it all came in our 20s same with SPF in the winter promotion.

Well, my skin can be a bit problematic at times and I find that the Effaclar Duo range is the one. The Effaclar H cleansing cream and the anti-imperfections moisturiser. I also religiously use the Effaclar Duo+ serum and it’s pricey but SO WORTH IT.
Their nutritic range saved my face from eczema, I tried it before all the influencers were talking about it, it was back in 2009 so not many influencers around at all. I still use their lipikar hand cream any time I have an eczema flare up. Their sunscreens are also the bomb. None of the others are a dupe, because La Roche-Posay have a patented ingredient in theirs that protects against UVA better than any other ingredient. Really good brand.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
So disgusted that she has bought another box of lush bath bombs after only just throwing away an entire box in her bathroom declutter video.
Either that or she has been sent them for free, which doesn’t make it any better.
View attachment 551285
all in the bin because she didn’t use them within a year and they went off 😶
View attachment 551288
That makes me so annoyed, what a waste. How can bath bombs 'go off' in a way that could harm you really

Reactions: 12
Wish my 'work days' were as busy as her Friday! Recycling centre, long shower and pamper, sat in the garden with a cup of tea...
How's the productive time blocking going Kathleen?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That makes me so annoyed, what a waste. How can bath bombs 'go off' in a way that could harm you really
She could have donated all of them when she got them. She knew full well she wouldn’t be able to use them all. It’s pure greed and selfishness. She’s a hoarder AND greedy. Which is the worse combination

I usually stock up in lush in the Boxing Day sale particularly as in recent years their prices went up a fair bit and I had a baby...I have never ever binned a bath bomb, I’ve still used them all even when it’s been over a year since I bought them. Their products like body sprays have use by dates on but as long as they smell ok which they always do I’ve still used them. I suppose when you don’t need to spend your hard earned money on anything you don’t appreciate things.

• Heart
I usually stock up in lush in the Boxing Day sale particularly as in recent years their prices went up a fair bit and I had a baby...I have never ever binned a bath bomb, I’ve still used them all even when it’s been over a year since I bought them. Their products like body sprays have use by dates on but as long as they smell ok which they always do I’ve still used them. I suppose when you don’t need to spend your hard earned money on anything you don’t appreciate things.
Its not like they can really go off, yes they won't be as good as they are when fresh, but really its not like they'll suddenly turn you green.

‘If you’re not feeling it you can’t force it’. Sure. Try having a real job.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She could have donated all of them when she got them. She knew full well she wouldn’t be able to use them all. It’s pure greed and selfishness. She’s a hoarder AND greedy. Which is the worse combination
So true, I know so many people would love anything from Lush, it's out of a lot of people's price ranges. I can afford Lush but when I use a bath bomb it's always a special occasion :LOL:

So true, I know so many people would love anything from Lush, it's out of a lot of people's price ranges. I can afford Lush but when I use a bath bomb it's always a special occasion :LOL:
Exactly! I love a Lush haul. It’s always a treat for myself. She is gifted it all so just doesn’t appreciate it. Heaven forbid someone benefit from her privilege though

It kind of winds me up how influencers pretend they need to stick to a regular 9-5 hours, like that is just a perk of the job that they can structure their own days so why do they waste time pretending/thinking they need to stick to the stupid hours that were set in the industrial revolution?! Just enjoy the fact you haven’t got a proper job Kathleeeen. Own it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
‘If you’re not feeling it you can’t force it’. Sure. Try having a real job.
I don't feel like being a parent today. I'm gonna have a lie in and hope the kids can work out the toaster them selves.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It kind of winds me up how influencers pretend they need to stick to a regular 9-5 hours, like that is just a perk of the job that they can structure their own days so why do they waste time pretending/thinking they need to stick to the stupid hours that were set in the industrial revolution?! Just enjoy the fact you haven’t got a proper job Kathleeeen. Own it
When few years ago I worked for my partner's home run small IT business, my working hours would be more or less 12noon - 8pm. I took forever to get ready in the morning but also knew I had to put in a solid 8-9 hours of work every day so we actually make money :rolleyes: It was nice to have the flexibility but it required crazy amount of discipline and lots of hard work.
I agree that Kath should just own her privilege ☺

Reactions: 5
I think Kathleen knows how to work her angles. Not that I think she looks old for age but there’s been a few pictures, mainly taken by G, where I don’t think Kathleen looks as youthful as she likes to think she does.

I use the Hada Labo spf (UV white gel). When I started going to Japan nine years ago my boyfriends mother told me the importance of wearing spf everyday.
It’s lightweight, not fragranced, doesn’t leave a white cast or my leave my skin looking creasy. I have really sensitive skin and all my skincare is Hada Labo, the packaging can be confusing because it’s all in Japanese but its worth trying.
I don’t rate the products sold in English packaging in Superdrug, they’re not actually the same product.
Where do you get yours if you don't mind me asking? are the amazon ones OK to buy?

Anyone else like the ordinary?

Katie has officially influenced me to have a clearout here as we have the long weekend, or a declutter as she calls it. I think a purge might be more apt in her case, however seeing her heaving shelves
, piles of stuff in her rooms, overstuffed wardrobes etc. has given me the kondo itch.

I'd still love to see her do a series on trying out minimalism for a month. obviously she isn't a minimalist, but I think the experience could do her good, and be a cool series for her Channel.

Reactions: 4
I'd still love to see her do a series on trying out minimalism for a month. obviously she isn't a minimalist, but I think the experience could do her good, and be a cool series for her Channel.
She could do a "no buy" month and also don't accept any PR during that month.

I finally watched the recent vlogs and her natural hair colour is quite nice! It's not brown, it is a cool toned very dark blond I suppose? She looks very pretty in the house tour, I like the contrast between her darker hair and dark brows and pale skin. I think she should keep the darker roots and maybe ask the colourist to put a medium tone dark blonde through the mid length of the hair so there is a nice gradual transition between her dark roots and old blonde :)

Kath, if you're reading here, can you please stop putting all the same stuff on Stories and vlogs? Once I have seen the weekly round-up on IG, I know what's gonna be in the vlog which makes it super boring :rolleyes:

One other thing I have been meaning to mention is in the previous vlog (not the moving one but the first one in the new house) and there is a day when she has a bit of a crisis when she is like "oh, what the purpose of me putting content out?". Well, I don't think she actually means that. Obviously, like any other influencer she loves to share her life and also needs to make money somehow. But I think that yet again, she's stuck for ideas. Remember when we had a discussion here about it a few months ago and she actually did a lot of videos on topics suggested here? Also, the fodmap diet was supposed to be her big thing this year, probably in her head it was supposed to be comparable to her acne journey but she didn't do it as well as the roaccutane. I never read comments on her videos but I bet she got some negative ones for her half asked approach to the elimination diet. Plus you can see from snippets of her content that she actually often has things she's not supposed to.
Going back to the lack of ideas, it's quite clear that's the issue here. Last time she did any videos that weren't weekly vlogs, what the sponsored content for Valentine's Day. For a content creator, she just doesn't make a lot of content. (I am not counting those getting dressed Reels or her "advice" on Stories as content LOL).
Maybe we should help her again and write down some ideas here and see if she uses them?

Lastly, she was "procrastinating" this Friday. Just drop it Kath. We know you don't work on Fridays. It's OK to have a 4-day work week. My partner does and he loves his long weekends. Own it.

The comments on her latest video 🙈 people saying those online tests are not accurate and she shouldn’t recommend them.

Reactions: 6
LOL, she's calling it "the IBS diaries" :confused: First, she was never diagnosed with IBS, and second, it's offensive to all the people who actually have it
kath.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
A few years ago, I did one of those tests at home got the results took it to my doctors and they said they are useless and weren't interested in it. The gp didn't even look at the piece of paper

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Those tests are a total scam. It’s disappointing to see her promoting that sort of thing.

Any GP, dietitian or gastrointestinal doctor would tell her it’s a waste of money and completely inaccurate.

I have ibs and my partner is a dietitian so I have some background knowledge😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's so irresponsible to promote these things without researching them properly or consulting your GP.

I have what appears to be IBS and I'm working out my triggers and having tests to rule out anything else. My GP has been great, even during covid I've had tests done and I've been offered a referral if my medication etc doesn't work. Katie mentioned speaking to her doctor previously and she had that colonoscopy years ago, why doesn't she consult her doctor again!? They'll have all her medical history and will be able to help her with this. I'm so confused as to why she's so keen to waste money on more of these tests when people have told her that they're a scam. Anything to make a song and dance out of it for some content I suppose.

Reactions: 5
It's so irresponsible to promote these things without researching them properly or consulting your GP.

I have what appears to be IBS and I'm working out my triggers and having tests to rule out anything else. My GP has been great, even during covid I've had tests done and I've been offered a referral if my medication etc doesn't work. Katie mentioned speaking to her doctor previously and she had that colonoscopy years ago, why doesn't she consult her doctor again!? They'll have all her medical history and will be able to help her with this. I'm so confused as to why she's so keen to waste money on more of these tests when people have told her that they're a scam. Anything to make a song and dance out of it for some content I suppose.
Why would she wait when she can throw money at it?! Instant results.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.