Katie Snooks #3 Dr Bore-eece will see u now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why but I just don't believe her ? I think she does look young but I have a really hard time believing that someone who came through the time of physical face scrubs (come on we all scrubbed the tit out of our noses when we were young teens right?) has always worn SPF in the U.K. winter when they were 16....
You do have a point. I only started wearing spf regularly in my 20s, it just wasn't a thing when I was in mid-teens. If Katie is 33 now, she's only a year younger than me, so there would have been the same skincare "trends" in place when we were teenagers. I can't remember many adults wearing spf at the time, unless they were actively sunbathing, or going to the beach.

Reactions: 9
You do have a point. I only started wearing spf regularly in my 20s, it just wasn't a thing when I was in mid-teens. If Katie is 33 now, she's only a year younger than me, so there would have been the same skincare "trends" in place when we were teenagers. I can't remember many adults wearing spf at the time, unless they were actively sunbathing, or going to the beach.
When I saw the picture, I was like OH NO she is going to shill the La Roch Posey sunscreen that the whole world is talking about. 😂

Reactions: 3
When I saw the picture, I was like OH NO she is going to shill the La Roch Posey sunscreen that the whole world is talking about. 😂
I was actually quite interested in the sunscreen but all the adverts are putting me off 😅

I was actually quite interested in the sunscreen but all the adverts are putting me off 😅
I think my friend was using their other one last year, her dermatologist recommended it. La Roche stuff is generally very good, if you're interested, go ahead and buy it 🙃 I discovered Effaclair thanks to bloggers and YouTubers a few years ago and even I no longer need it, that was probably the one good recommendation I took from following people on YT/blogs.

Reactions: 6
It’s also down to good genes. Her mum looks very youthful. Sadly wrinkles are prominent in my family 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
BTW I forgot to post my comments on the weekend round-up.
Here we go.
This is how More-reece feels about them in general. I feel his pain.
Screenshot_20210426-171043.png

Plural for "Mary" is "Marys", Kath.
Also, I am shocked her local market sells veggies and food. Groundbreaking.
Screenshot_20210426-171056.png

Typical Chez Snooks lunch: carbs and meat.
Screenshot_20210426-171127.png

Cute skirt, don't mind the sandals but the jumper should only be worn around the house. Sorry.
Screenshot_20210426-171225.png

Oh, Boohoo again.
Screenshot_20210426-171323.png

What are the odds K and G made this? (This is from a visit to friends' house). Looks too pretty and too healthy so probably not.
Screenshot_20210426-171237.png

I would love to just sit in the garden and paint pottery on a Monday, and call it a job.
Screenshot_20210426-171450.png

Screenshot_20210426-225126.png

So, this is the backstage of making the AD, that turned out to be a puny GIF. So many questions:

1. So this is what Maurice nearly died for, by "deep throating" the tinsel?
2. Is Katie turning into Lily Pebbles, showing us the process of making content? Which then, in Lily's case, becomes the actual content... Honestly, it's like they realise they don't do much, so they start documenting the making of things, to justify being able to say they work hard. I can't!
3. Most important one: when will G quit his job and become a full-time IG husband? I can see him making a great professional fairy lights hanger.
Screenshot_20210427-212437.png

Screenshot_20210427-212442.png

When will you learn the difference bewteen "your" and "you're" Kath, and do you really need more plants?
Screenshot_20210427-212512.png

Reactions: 10
I was genuinely JUST about to buy it when I saw someone on insta post that it has the exact same ingredients as a cheaper Ambre Solaire SPF so bought that instead!

Also, that's such a good point about skincare advice being totally different in the early-mid noughties. It was all St Ives Apricot Scrub and Dream Matte Mousse back in those days! Maybe she's just always been particularly worried about skin cancer, but the aesthetic skincare benefits of SPF certainly weren't widely known back then.

• Heart
Katie's eaten more brunches in the past two weeks than I've had in my life....

Kudos to her for talking about doing a lateral flow test!

Also, not to make assumptions but I'm the same age as Katie as well and I've had it drilled into me from a young age to use SPF even if it isn't a particularly sunny day. I know that it wasn't as widely recognised how damaging the sun can be, but it wasn't unheard of.

Reactions: 8
Umm guyssss..... thought she was wearing ‘his shirt’? So she’s either fibbing in the original post or in the cheeky swipe up. We see you, Kathleen ;)

(No idea how I managed to attach the screenshots so many times 🤦‍♀️)

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Umm guyssss..... thought she was wearing ‘his shirt’? So she’s either fibbing in the original post or in the cheeky swipe up. We see you, Kathleen ;)

(No idea how I managed to attach the screenshots so many times 🤦‍♀️)
G wears women's shirts from ASOS, obviously

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can also vouch for La Roche Posay as a non influencer pleb who has to work and pay for my own tit 🙋🏼‍♀️ It’s holy grail stuff
What do you recommend from it? I feel so overwhelmed every time, always wanted to try

What do you recommend from it? I feel so overwhelmed every time, always wanted to try
Well, my skin can be a bit problematic at times and I find that the Effaclar Duo range is the one. The Effaclar H cleansing cream and the anti-imperfections moisturiser. I also religiously use the Effaclar Duo+ serum and it’s pricey but SO WORTH IT.

Reactions: 5
Well, my skin can be a bit problematic at times and I find that the Effaclar Duo range is the one. The Effaclar H cleansing cream and the anti-imperfections moisturiser. I also religiously use the Effaclar Duo+ serum and it’s pricey but SO WORTH IT.
The serum is currently on offer in many places, including Boots where it's £24 down from £32. I have another serum at the moment and also one stashed away but would consider getting this in the future, it looks promising!

I'd personally used this one in the past when my skin was playing up, just 2-3 times a week in my problematic areas which are forehead and chin. Because I didn't have to use it daily, it'd last months! (When I say months, I mean at least 6 but typically even 8-10).
1619650083774.png

• Heart
I got a sample of the LRP effaclar a few years ago and it coincided with when I’d come off the pill. My skin was horrendous and I came out in so many spots, especially big ones under the skin that were incredibly painful. The effaclar really seemed to help and ease them. Boots currently have 25% off too but it’s been on a while so I’d imagine it’ll end soon.

Reactions: 2
I think Kathleen knows how to work her angles. Not that I think she looks old for age but there’s been a few pictures, mainly taken by G, where I don’t think Kathleen looks as youthful as she likes to think she does.

I use the Hada Labo spf (UV white gel). When I started going to Japan nine years ago my boyfriends mother told me the importance of wearing spf everyday.
It’s lightweight, not fragranced, doesn’t leave a white cast or my leave my skin looking creasy. I have really sensitive skin and all my skincare is Hada Labo, the packaging can be confusing because it’s all in Japanese but its worth trying.
I don’t rate the products sold in English packaging in Superdrug, they’re not actually the same product.

• Heart
The serum is currently on offer in many places, including Boots where it's £24 down from £32. I have another serum at the moment and also one stashed away but would consider getting this in the future, it looks promising!
Also Escentual currently have 1/3 off all French pharmacy brands, including LRP! Ends tomorrow. Makes the serum £21.33.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So disgusted that she has bought another box of lush bath bombs after only just throwing away an entire box in her bathroom declutter video.
Either that or she has been sent them for free, which doesn’t make it any better.
29A6FE5D-A06E-4B2A-9CEC-414E741F3764.jpeg

all in the bin because she didn’t use them within a year and they went off 😶
A0E76425-4A95-4028-B553-877304E5A700.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.