Katie Ellison #4 Talking about books and trying on clothes. As exciting as Katie’s content goes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s a good thing surely. Childhood is short enough without 11 year olds behaving like 15 year olds.
Totally agree! They are how kids their age should be - not dolled up especially for mum’s insta pics, with their own spin-off social media accounts or being filmed ‘performing’ for mum’s account.
It’s refreshing that they seem like normal kids for their age. I don’t think they seem particularly young for their age at all.

Reactions: 9
God only knows what this trip is costing… I’m pretty sure they’ve been staying at the anantara on koh Yao Yai the last 3 days which costs over a grand for a family room. Can’t imagine the other places they’re staying are any less luxurious either! Just booked flights to Thailand for October and I can guarantee that their flights for a family of 5 would have been at least £4-£5k
BC55643D-220B-449E-8534-C2E2AE307DC8.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I just think it’s such an odd holiday to take a 7 year old boy on. It’s not the kind of trip that most 7 year old joys would enjoy! It’s all for Katie to have these posed contrived photos.

That’s a good thing surely. Childhood is short enough without 11 year olds behaving like 15 year olds.
Yep, I much prefer it when kids are treated like kids and not mini adults. Just an observation, as someone who meets a lot of kids their ages, they do come across as younger than their age 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think so. It’s one of the things I’ve admired about Katie - her kids are like kids and so few are now.
Weird thing is, I’m sure she made a big announcement that she wouldn’t be using the kids much anymore and just focus on travel - yet all she does is show the kids!!!
You could kinda get away with it when they were little but now the older 2 esp their mates will have access to social media

kids are taught about being careful online yet Katie has shared their full names, birthdays and so much about them - I wonder what the teachers must think

Reactions: 1
I think so. It’s one of the things I’ve admired about Katie - her kids are like kids and so few are now.
I don’t admire anyone who plasters their kids all over social media and spoils family life and holidays all in the name of content.
---
Weird thing is, I’m sure she made a big announcement that she wouldn’t be using the kids much anymore and just focus on travel - yet all she does is show the kids!!!
You could kinda get away with it when they were little but now the older 2 esp their mates will have access to social media

kids are taught about being careful online yet Katie has shared their full names, birthdays and so much about them - I wonder what the teachers must think
Exactly.

Taking her kids out of school this long for her own selfish vanity project is awful. Shame on her. And what an awful example she’s setting by parading how thin she is. She’s clearly loving it and going to great lengths to display just how rail thin she is. Not a good look.

Taking her kids out of school this long for her own selfish vanity project is awful. Shame on her. And what an awful example she’s setting by parading how thin she is. She’s clearly loving it and going to great lengths to display just how rail thin she is. Not a good look.
My kids have only been back since Tuesday so it’s not *that* long if hers are the same.

Reactions: 2
Someone asked in her comments about school and time off. Although I don’t agree with missing education, she did at least answer well and didn’t delete like most others would!

Reactions: 3
Someone asked in her comments about school and time off. Although I don’t agree with missing education, she did at least answer well and didn’t delete like most others would!
I think all our children would benefit from some travel as well as classroom education but, again, it’s just not relatable. If they are missing more than ten sessions, they will be liable to pay a fine per parent per child. Added to the already huge costs of a lengthy holiday in Thailand, most families just cannot justify it.

Looking at the likes and comments on her posts, they’re a) very low for someone with that many followers and b) mostly from other bloggers, which leads me to believe she’s sharing her posts in blogger forums to ask for “like for like” engagement. I imagine most of her followers are too busy navigating work, school and trying to afford one of the longest, coldest months of the year to give a tit about their charming little adventures.

Reactions: 7
She might not feel like she’s taken them out for long, but guarantee no school nowadays will allow it and it’ll go down as unauthorised absence. The younger two still primary age, ok, but Maddie is now year 8 at secondary school and just missing a couple of days could mean she’s missed out on opportunities at the start of the new term. I don’t agree with it, especially as the Christmas holidays would have long enough if they had of gone at the start when they break up.

Reactions: 5
She might not feel like she’s taken them out for long, but guarantee no school nowadays will allow it and it’ll go down as unauthorised absence. The younger two still primary age, ok, but Maddie is now year 8 at secondary school and just missing a couple of days could mean she’s missed out on opportunities at the start of the new term. I don’t agree with it, especially as the Christmas holidays would have long enough if they had of gone at the start when they break up.
But it’s ok cos they’ve been stalking elephants today

I have said before I don't mind Katie too much. Yep I imagine it's an expensive holiday, but plenty of 'normal' families of 5 go to Disneyland and I'm pretty confident that would be as expensive.

They are at least experiencing some amazing things unlike other vloggers children (*cough Ingham's cough*) who are isolated from everything.

Reactions: 8
I have said before I don't mind Katie too much. Yep I imagine it's an expensive holiday, but plenty of 'normal' families of 5 go to Disneyland and I'm pretty confident that would be as expensive.

They are at least experiencing some amazing things unlike other vloggers children (*cough Ingham's cough*) who are isolated from everything.
I don’t think a lot of hardworking, “normal” families go to Florida these days. Expensive holidays are out of reach for a large section of the population due to low wages and increased prices of literally everything.

Great experience for them, she didn’t need to share it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I don’t think a lot of hardworking, “normal” families go to Florida these days. Expensive holidays are out of reach for a large section of the population due to low wages and increased prices of literally everything.

Great experience for them, she didn’t need to share it 🤷🏼‍♀️
Who is going to Florida then?
(I guess it depends on our interpretation of a 'normal' family.)
My neighbour went in summer, I'm not certain what the husband does for work, but the wife is a band 6 nurse. Pretty 'normal' really.

Anyways. You could say Katie shouldn't be sharing anything, not just the holiday. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think we do say that 😂 and not just about Katie; influencers in general. Time for them to go and get a proper job.

Whats all this "visual postcard" sh!t. Photos on your grid of your holiday then. Why give it a tw@ttish name.

Reactions: 3

Does depend what you think a normal family is. The only people I know who had had such holidays are the ones who earn 6 figure salaries or save hard for 10+ years to afford it.
Also comes down to what people prioritise. I think Katie does prioritise spending her money on holidays/travel, as she clearly enjoys doing it. Me on the other hand, not sure I feel comfortable dropping £10k+ on a two week trip. Everyone is different

• Heart