Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why is she advertising a dog camera when either her or her husband are always at home?!?

Reactions: 1
no its AD AD AD....the kids draw in the money. whats her job then?
But all youtubers AD
Maybe I'm bias, I do like her... I personally don't watch her channel for her children 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ and all youtubers do ADs for money (or who would even be a YouTuber!) at least she makes abit of effort with hers unlike some. 😅

Reactions: 3
But all youtubers AD
Maybe I'm bias, I do like her... I personally don't watch her channel for her children 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ and all youtubers do ADs for money (or who would even be a YouTuber!) at least she makes abit of effort with hers unlike some. 😅
Absolutely agree she makes an effort, and she definitely does less ads than most youtubers!

Reactions: 2
She definitely does put effort in and actually is talented at making videos. Her travels blogs are actually really good and detailed, they make you want to go there, not like others who put no effort in, and don’t even show the place off at all

A lot of other insta ads make me cringe they are so bad

Reactions: 5
She does do freelance alongside her social media too, as well as helping with Jon’s business, but I will say she has done a LOT of ad’s recently and a fair few with her kids which she did stop for a while because she said she was going to feature them less.

a lot of stuff she does annoys me, mainly because she used to be so relatable when she lived in her normal sized house and went on her normal city breaks and stuff, she changed massively when she moved to her current house. I do think she’s talented though with her videos.

I do wish though she would stop posting about her mundane weekends being her favourite, her repetitiveness is boring!🤣

Reactions: 4
she SAID she was going to feature her kids less....untill the ADs came along which required them to be used

changed her tune then....and actually, no,not all you tubers bleep the kids out for ADs.

But all youtubers AD
nope, not all you tubers use kids for ADs...in fact not all you tubers do ADs at all. maybe just the ones you follower the bigger ones. or the channel mum lot

Reactions: 3
I am only 2 minutes into her video and I just can't stand the slow motion making of the bed, slow motion putting clothes away to harp music 😖 do you guys like this and consider it effort? I'm confused as to whether I'm in the minority at finding it cringe, fake, boring and unrealistic. I am a mum of 3 and I watch mum vloggers for 'real life' content, I know its all fake with them all but hers is just portrayed as so perfect. Why can't I make my bed to harp music in the mornings? I am running around looking for a shoe or the car keys or signing a reading record! Maybe her channel just isn't for me. Maybe her channel is seen as 'aspirational' pre-kids or when kids are grown to look back on and reminisce about life with children but with children of a similar age she just makes me eye roll. Its so fake.

Reactions: 8
I am only 2 minutes into her video and I just can't stand the slow motion making of the bed, slow motion putting clothes away to harp music 😖 do you guys like this and consider it effort? I'm confused as to whether I'm in the minority at finding it cringe, fake, boring and unrealistic. I am a mum of 3 and I watch mum vloggers for 'real life' content, I know its all fake with them all but hers is just portrayed as so perfect. Why can't I make my bed to harp music in the mornings? I am running around looking for a shoe or the car keys or signing a reading record! Maybe her channel just isn't for me. Maybe her channel is seen as 'aspirational' pre-kids or when kids are grown to look back on and reminisce about life with children but with children of a similar age she just makes me eye roll. Its so fake.
I agree, I think she is pretty good at her travel videos, but I do think she should give her social media as a bad joke and find a new aspiration. Maybe she could design travel adds for a company or something...

Her content is incredibly boring and mundane and repetitive, she is trying to be something she isn’t and it just doesn’t work. She even admits herself that they are nearly always late dropping the kids off at school because mornings are so hectic and unorganised. I used to like her a lot, until she became incredibly fake and boring.

9174F8BE-9328-434F-8F66-92865C80A72F.png

also maybe I read into stuff too much, but is it just me who thinks this is pretty wrong? If I was maddie and I ended up reading that when I was older, I would feel pretty rubbish and to be fair, she probably meant it as well because before wren came along, she was very obsessed with lottie.

I absolutely agree with everything you’ve said 👍👍
I

I generally don’t mind Katie, she’s harmless I guess. She posted on Instagram about how she wants her house to be full of kids and chaos. I was so surprised at that? Her house is like a show home, she seems like an absolute neat freak to me. She posts pictures of a glass on the side and complains about mess. I had friends as a teenager with mums/houses like that and theirs was the last house we would want to hang out in. I just get the impression that she has it in her head that she’s this super fun, happy go lucky, relaxed parent that that is absolutely not the impression she gives off at all. Definite type A, perfectionist. I do love her travel content though, she’s really good at that. Which is why she’s probably been in a funk lately - because no travel.

Reactions: 7
I generally don’t mind Katie, she’s harmless I guess. She posted on Instagram about how she wants her house to be full of kids and chaos. I was so surprised at that? Her house is like a show home, she seems like an absolute neat freak to me. She posts pictures of a glass on the side and complains about mess. I had friends as a teenager with mums/houses like that and theirs was the last house we would want to hang out in. I just get the impression that she has it in her head that she’s this super fun, happy go lucky, relaxed parent that that is absolutely not the impression she gives off at all. Definite type A, perfectionist. I do love her travel content though, she’s really good at that. Which is why she’s probably been in a funk lately - because no travel.
Agree with the comments about having her kids friends over. She will 100% not stick to that when they are teens. Most normal parents want their privacy and peace, they don’t want teens in and out of their house all the time using it is a doss house and leaving their crap everywhere and making loads of noise.

• Heart
Agree with the comments about having her kids friends over. She will 100% not stick to that when they are teens. Most normal parents want their privacy and peace, they don’t want teens in and out of their house all the time using it is a doss house and leaving their crap everywhere and making loads of noise.
I thought the same! There is no way she will be 'that house', the fun house, the home from home house. She is a neat freak, her children seem really chill and quiet-ish. I think she is kidding herself by thinking that she wants that. I think it will be a one friend at a time kind of house and heavily organised and she will helicopter around them, tidying their mess, wiping their cup ring as soon as they lift the glass. Anymore than one extra child, especially an unarranged child and she would have a heart attack.

That’s not what I meant when I was talking about effort - I mentioned her travel blogs and hers ads compared to people who put one crap story up of a picture of the product. I don’t think her house or life are incredibly exciting, or out of the ordinary, either

wandered around
stumbled across

trying to create some illusion there love! with your 'favourite' girl...

I hate them not funny old insta posts she does every morning. Firstly, nobody cares. Secondly, its not even slightly funny and thirdly, they are probably more likeable than the fake, contrived insta posts of today. At least they were real life. She and others should cringe and todays insta perfection which nobody actually lives like in real life.

I hate them not funny old insta posts she does every morning. Firstly, nobody cares. Secondly, its not even slightly funny and thirdly, they are probably more likeable than the fake, contrived insta posts of today. At least they were real life. She and others should cringe and todays insta perfection which nobody actually lives like in real life.
I agree. I don’t understand how she can’t see that it’s not normal. There shouldn’t be a insta standard of photos, there shouldn’t be a certain way and a certain filter to use. Loads of people still post pictures like the ones she’s taking the piss out of, so she’s basically talking the piss out of a lot of people on insta as though they aren’t worthy of being on insta in her eyes. At least the old pictures are down to earth and relatable.

it’s the same with how she slags off old style conservatories too, as though because she doesn’t have one of those, they aren’t good enough. She definitely makes a lot of people feel like crap with her high and mighty routine. Slagging off every inch of the house that wasn't worthy in her eyes, maybe she needs to stop and think for a moment before she speaks. Not everyone can afford luxury conservatories and kitchens.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.