Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think its because packing is generally stressfull and boring and Katie doesn't like to show the reality of life. It all has to be perfect. Her Little Miss Perfect act is really annoying

Reactions: 3
was

yes!!! Every time!! But then she did this when she moved house too. No mention they were even selling/looking and just one day got back from holiday and they’ve moved into a new home!!
This!! It’s exactly what started turning me off her page - “We’re just a *normal* family guys, oh, surprise! here we are on a month road trip in the US, how did that happen!” 🙄

Reactions: 8
It really winds me up how Katie always just 'appears' on holiday. There's never a frantic rush to pack for the family, running to the shops to get last minute toiletries or entertaining children on a 7 hour car ride. You know, the relatable stuff! Instead it's always oh by the way we've just magically teleported to a new location. Just too perfect!
Me too. I remember in the early days of following her, think around the time Wren was born. My daughter is a similar age. You think they are so relatable and then *ping* they have landed in some exotic location. It's like they have a holiday of a lifetime, several times a year. Not very relatable at all. Then again, when everything is gifted, you sell your children and you live off baby sized portions of vegetable risotto I guess you can afford more than the average family.

Reactions: 5
I think she likes the big surprise reveal aspect - it probably grabs more attention among her followers and increases engagement. She has always done it with holidays, she did it with the dog, barely a mention they were even thinking about getting one then bam there he was, and even when Wren was born, she had a planned c-section but didn’t reveal the date of it so she could do a surprise announcement post.

I guess if she did bang on about the whole process of the holiday planning and packing and filming themselves travelling there, by the time she did a post saying hey guys, we’re in Cornwall, it would be like, big deal? We know 🤷🏼‍♀️

I think its because packing is generally stressfull and boring and Katie doesn't like to show the reality of life. It all has to be perfect. Her Little Miss Perfect act is really annoying
And her holiday will be Simply perfect and Picturesque and by the end of the week she will be a Cornwall expert!

Reactions: 4
And her holiday will be Simply perfect and Picturesque and by the end of the week she will be a Cornwall expert!
It's hilarious, my in-laws live in Cornwall and they've been complaining about the weather, which has included heavy sea mist. 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Just seen this on her latest grid post and have to agree.

View attachment 213777
I totally get it too, I went home to see my parents in the south west last week for the first time since February, it was rammed and pretty unenjoyable at times!! (Although Katie says it’s not that busy...)

I’m also sure she said at some point that this “staycation” was also with her mum and sister... who knows what exactly the current lockdown rules are but I was sure that it was still 2 households inside... (I may be wrong...!!)

Just seen this on her latest grid post and have to agree.

View attachment 213777
Trouble is without tourism Cornwall has next to no economy. 'These' people visiting literally keep food on the table for a huge amount of people in Cornwall. The rules have changed and we are allowed to travel to stay somewhere else as long as you keep at least 1m apart from others

Reactions: 10
Trouble is without tourism Cornwall has next to no economy. 'These' people visiting literally keep food on the table for a huge amount of people in Cornwall. The rules have changed and we are allowed to travel to stay somewhere else as long as you keep at least 1m apart from others
I think the point the person was making is that when “influencers” post about travelling to Cornwall (or Devon or the Lakes etc), there’s thousands of families who may end up doing the same purely because they’ve seen the posts and thought, “What a great idea!”.

Whilst it’s true that tourist hot spots wouldn’t survive without visitors, there’s no doubt that, right now, locals are being put at risk of infection by the influx of people and their hospitals will not cope if the infection rate gets out of control.

I think the point the person was making is that when “influencers” post about travelling to Cornwall (or Devon or the Lakes etc), there’s thousands of families who may end up doing the same purely because they’ve seen the posts and thought, “What a great idea!”.

Whilst it’s true that tourist hot spots wouldn’t survive without visitors, there’s no doubt that, right now, locals are being put at risk of infection by the influx of people and their hospitals will not cope if the infection rate gets out of control.
I live in Devon and it is a very difficult position for us. We do get tourists, but not as many foreign tourists as usual. It is really busy, busier that the last couple of years, but no foreign visitors.
Even if you do not work directly with tourists, pretty much everything else is still linked to it. We have had quite a small number of cases overall, and we do not have an increase in cases despite the visitors. And most people here would rather carry on, although lots of old people are worried, but they were not going out before and they are not going to go out now, so not a massive effect on economy from them.

I’m pretty shocked at the pic from 6 yrs ago. I was expecting a comment to address the clear underweight aspect 😕

I’m pretty shocked at the pic from 6 yrs ago. I was expecting a comment to address the clear underweight aspect 😕
I thought the same! It’s a jarring photo. My friend had anorexia and has “recovered” but is without a doubt orthorexic now... Very similar physique 😔

I can't even cope with the little amount of food consumed in the latest what i eat in a day video. Maybe I'm just a pig but i do as much exercise, possibly more, than Katie and i literally eat double that (am not a porker either, albeit not as skinny as her!). Crazy!!

Reactions: 7
How boring is her content lately 😴 I get that she is trying not to show her children, unless of course she is being paid.. cough recent cadbury ad. She could still do hauls, monthly faves though.. I get that its unoriginal and dated to do them videos but what else can she do now?! Also her house is always immaculate yet she has never filmed a cleaning video.. she could do that. Do we think she is going to give it up unless its for brand work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.