Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree with these points about the ‘Instagram posts of the past’ she does. To be honest it just shows how much of a perfectionist she is. She dresses it up with humour, but she must care a lot about ‘Her grid’, much more than she lets on.

On a different note, she looks 10000% better blonde. That was a good decision and she shouldn’t ever slap a brown dye on again, it really didn’t suit her.

Reactions: 3
I agree. I don’t understand how she can’t see that it’s not normal. There shouldn’t be a insta standard of photos, there shouldn’t be a certain way and a certain filter to use. Loads of people still post pictures like the ones she’s taking the piss out of, so she’s basically talking the piss out of a lot of people on insta as though they aren’t worthy of being on insta in her eyes. At least the old pictures are down to earth and relatable.

it’s the same with how she slags off old style conservatories too, as though because she doesn’t have one of those, they aren’t good enough. She definitely makes a lot of people feel like crap with her high and mighty routine. Slagging off every inch of the house that wasn't worthy in her eyes, maybe she needs to stop and think for a moment before she speaks. Not everyone can afford luxury conservatories and kitchens.
Or 2 home offices...!

Reactions: 4
I guess this is why she’s not really shown the second office yet - waiting to advertise these prints. So unrelatable to have a kitchen-diner and a dining room, a lounge and two offices and a playroom and a conservatory 🙄

12243A1D-3202-4EC7-A9BE-D63147628C29.jpeg

What have i missed. Where's 2nd office going to be?
At the front of house snug as seems really small room.

Reactions: 1
My only issue with Katie is how she downplays everything because she wants other people to think she’s just your average mum living an average life. She’s so self deprecating in a bid to appear more likeable and constantly says she bought things on offer to try and make out they aren’t loaded (they are...). I just find it all so false which is ironic as she is trying her hardest to come across as this open book.

She clearly reads here a lot too as she hasn’t done a single “mock the old Instagram post” story since someone above pointed out how offensive it is.

Reactions: 10
My only issue with Katie is how she downplays everything because she wants other people to think she’s just your average mum living an average life. She’s so self deprecating in a bid to appear more likeable and constantly says she bought things on offer to try and make out they aren’t loaded (they are...). I just find it all so false which is ironic as she is trying her hardest to come across as this open book.

She clearly reads here a lot too as she hasn’t done a single “mock the old Instagram post” story since someone above pointed out how offensive it is.
She definitely reads here. She constantly tries to please and appeal to everyone and I don’t believe that’s genuinely her personality, I think it has a lot more to do with maximising her audience and therefore her earning potential. It’s very false and it’s all about the money. You’ll see she often says something and then the opposite like: “Whilst I love travelling and being away from home, at the same time my favourite times are simple family weekends with no plans”. She does it a lot and I think it’s to just appeal to everyone so she can rake in the cash.

I expect her real life family and friends are told to ignore her social media profiles as it’s just a business and only they know the real Katie.

• Heart
Yes to all of the above!! She seems to have no real opinion or conviction other than if she’s harping on about Diet Coke or fajitas. 🙄 I think you’ve hit the nail on the head that it’s all to maximise her audience, gain more followers and engagement and maximise her earning potential.

She loves to point out the obvious but in a roundabout way, like when she said about how she felt sad about Wren starting school and felt sad, but was all “It’s probably just me but I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel a bit sad about it all, anyone else??” knowing full well ANYONE would feel that way when their youngest started school. Cue 746834 comments of people saying we feel the same and her rubbing her hands together that all of these people fell into her trap and think she’s just like them. 🙄

Agree. Agree. Agree. I also get the impression poor jonjon is completely down trodden and under the thumb - has to go along with the Katie show, whatever she wants; she gets. His family hardly get a look in, she seems to delight in the fact they’re all the way up in Manc whilst hers are practically next door. She can’t even help herself by stating they’re getting separate offices because she likes her own space... after Jon did up their outdoor office following her demands! Me thinks things aren’t so rosy between them...

Reactions: 2
Yes to all of the above!! She seems to have no real opinion or conviction other than if she’s harping on about Diet Coke or fajitas. 🙄 I think you’ve hit the nail on the head that it’s all to maximise her audience, gain more followers and engagement and maximise her earning potential.

She loves to point out the obvious but in a roundabout way, like when she said about how she felt sad about Wren starting school and felt sad, but was all “It’s probably just me but I can’t quite put my finger on it but I feel a bit sad about it all, anyone else??” knowing full well ANYONE would feel that way when their youngest started school. Cue 746834 comments of people saying we feel the same and her rubbing her hands together that all of these people fell into her trap and think she’s just like them. 🙄
Yes, it’s very devious but clever. She knows the job, she understands how social media marketing and being an influencer works and she’s clearly making a lot of money from it. She also knows that “influencers” who show preferences and opinions any more divisive than “I’m partial to a Diet Coke” ultimately are not as inclusive so they don’t make as much money.

The under the stairs renovation is another example. There was no mention of that while work was being done, it just miraculously appeared one day and massively downplayed too. It will have cost an absolute fortune but she just casually shared it “incase anyone was interested“ and next thing it’s mentioned there snug which she claimed they were just leaving alone this year is suddenly an office too. Downplayed, again. 😑

Reactions: 7
The under the stairs renovation is another example. There was no mention of that while work was being done, it just miraculously appeared one day and massively downplayed too. It will have cost an absolute fortune but she just casually shared it “incase anyone was interested“ and next thing it’s mentioned there snug which she claimed they were just leaving alone this year is suddenly an office too. Downplayed, again. 😑
She likes to spin it in a way that makes it seem totally average, affordable and achievable to have a fully renovated dream home whilst still appealing to interiors enthusiasts and totally “keeping up with the Jones’s”.

And the whole we're having a quiet weekend which are her favourite but pre-covid her idea of a quiet weekend was a football match for Maddie, a birthday party for Wren, a playdate for Lottie, a relaxed afternoon with friends, drinks in the road with neighbours, a walk to the pub for a roast & then family over for a bbq* :ROFLMAO:

*I may have exaggerated slightly

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Totally agree with these points about the ‘Instagram posts of the past’ she does. To be honest it just shows how much of a perfectionist she is. She dresses it up with humour, but she must care a lot about ‘Her grid’, much more than she lets on.

On a different note, she looks 10000% better blonde. That was a good decision and she shouldn’t ever slap a brown dye on again, it really didn’t suit her.
I hate the blonde, makes her look really piggy with that awful upturned nose of hers and squeaky voice.

I am only 2 minutes into her video and I just can't stand the slow motion making of the bed, slow motion putting clothes away to harp music 😖 do you guys like this and consider it effort? I'm confused as to whether I'm in the minority at finding it cringe, fake, boring and unrealistic. I am a mum of 3 and I watch mum vloggers for 'real life' content, I know its all fake with them all but hers is just portrayed as so perfect. Why can't I make my bed to harp music in the mornings? I am running around looking for a shoe or the car keys or signing a reading record! Maybe her channel just isn't for me. Maybe her channel is seen as 'aspirational' pre-kids or when kids are grown to look back on and reminisce about life with children but with children of a similar age she just makes me eye roll. Its so fake.
Yeh i had to turn that video off, how painful to watch. She thinks she's so talented with her filming but its all just shite.
I dont find her house aspirational what so ever. It looks like its rammed in on some naff cul de sac, completely overlooked by the next road. The rooms are small and just embarrasingly over styled with shite freebies.

I generally don’t mind Katie, she’s harmless I guess. She posted on Instagram about how she wants her house to be full of kids and chaos. I was so surprised at that? Her house is like a show home, she seems like an absolute neat freak to me. She posts pictures of a glass on the side and complains about mess. I had friends as a teenager with mums/houses like that and theirs was the last house we would want to hang out in. I just get the impression that she has it in her head that she’s this super fun, happy go lucky, relaxed parent that that is absolutely not the impression she gives off at all. Definite type A, perfectionist. I do love her travel content though, she’s really good at that. Which is why she’s probably been in a funk lately - because no travel.
Who can forget when she went to great pains to film the yoghurt pot on the floor to make it all more "real" !!! What an utter nob she is.

Sick of them deseni
I hate the blonde, makes her look really piggy with that awful upturned nose of hers and squeaky voice.

Yeh i had to turn that video off, how painful to watch. She thinks she's so talented with her filming but its all just shite.
I dont find her house aspirational what so ever. It looks like its rammed in on some naff cul de sac, completely overlooked by the next road. The rooms are small and just embarrasingly over styled with shite freebies.

Who can forget when she went to great pains to film the yoghurt pot on the floor to make it all more "real" !!! What an utter nob she is.
Her videos are too try hard imo. Like nobody wants to see slow motion picking of flowers or slowly getting bowls out of the cupboard, then milk, then cereal, slowly getting on shoes to cheesy music. Slow mo of the kids smiling. We want real life!! That is the point of these mum vloggers and why we watch them. I might like to see slow motion films of my kids but anybody elses is boring. I want to see her genuine routine. The kids running around. The mess. The normal breakfast then doing the dishes and tidying up. Just normality. I genuinely think thats why her channel hasn't grown fast. Its too perfect and makes others feel tit. I only subbed for her interiors but tbh I've gone off her house now, I'm into more industrial interior. Thats how fickle this industry is!

Reactions: 5
Sick of them deseni

Her videos are too try hard imo. Like nobody wants to see slow motion picking of flowers or slowly getting bowls out of the cupboard, then milk, then cereal, slowly getting on shoes to cheesy music. Slow mo of the kids smiling. We want real life!! That is the point of these mum vloggers and why we watch them. I might like to see slow motion films of my kids but anybody elses is boring. I want to see her genuine routine. The kids running around. The mess. The normal breakfast then doing the dishes and tidying up. Just normality. I genuinely think thats why her channel hasn't grown fast. Its too perfect and makes others feel tit. I only subbed for her interiors but tbh I've gone off her house now, I'm into more industrial interior. Thats how fickle this industry is!
Yeah I must admit, I don’t understand the whole slowly taking bowls out and pouring milk and stuff, it’s a bit random. I do think she’s running out of content, there’s only so many house renovations she can do and eventually it does get boring. I like to nosey at most people’s renos at first and then it just gets old! 😂

They all must hit a wall after having done each room up to death, pregnancy, weaning, potty training, health kicks, mental health, outfits for school run. Thats why so many have another baby for more content. Or pretend theyre gonna buy a new house for more content (looking at you lara joanna jarvis and mummyintheknow)..

Yeah, well jon works for America, how could anyone forget when she’s mentioned it that much!😂 and Katie does freelance alongside her social media stuff.
Does Jon still work for America? Seriously, last time I watched Katie Wren was small and she was banging on about Jon and his American job and how it will soon end!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.