Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
We saved our virgin points and got a shuttle to the moon. You'll fine this funny but I'm actually a nervous traveller but luckily the kids were so well behaved. Found a great pizzeria so we got it as a take away as we all love pizza and sat watching the view of earth. I just had to capture it but only had my phone so the quality isn't brilliant but I still love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Snoopdog

Ahh I have to say, I can’t help but like Katie. She was one of the first insta people I followed years ago, we were pregnant at the same time. We lost one of our twins shortly after birth and spent months in hospital with our surviving twin. I coped towards the end by raising money for the nicu, and messaged everyone I could think of to share our just giving link and story - MOD promptly blocked me 😂 but Katie was one of the only ones who replied saying of course she would help and she shared our story, even asking how I wanted her to share/help etc. I think some of her stuff is a bit dull maybe, but I like her and she took the time to respond to me and help me out when things were very shit.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
@Unicorn_Poop This is why I think family vloggers/Instagramers are so damaging. Thank goodness for Tattle for reminding me these are not everyday, normal families. I'm not envious of their homes, clothes, beauty pie make up or Hello Fresh subscription boxes but when you see the children of these influencers being given opportunities of a lifetime several times a year it started to make me find inadequate as a parent. As if I am somehow letting down my child by not taking them to Disney every summer. That's how marketing works. Makes you feel you need this brand etc. No issue when it is aimed at adults but the likes of Disney /Football Escapes when these influencers will be posting about how they have created memories for their kids or how their children told them it had been the best time ever (Maddie cried when we told her where we were going) is emotional blackmail for parents.

I try and remember that when I am on holiday my phone will be staying locked in the safe. I will be present and involved in our holiday not worrying about creating the prefect shot of family life or writing up a caption to sell a brand or answering DMs from strangers.

Also be reasured that as our children get to Maddie's age and assume is allowed some independence by walking or getting the bus to school there aren't 80k strangers who know their names, birthday, dogs name, hobbies, what their bedrooms look like. I will take that over a gifted holiday any day of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I think it’s really refreshing to see someone actually letting their kids be themselves and dress as they want. Not having to be preened to pose for an IG photos. Her kids are very active and have thick curly hair which is likely to be wild and all over the place so I don’t think it’s that she doesn’t bother, just that it’s hard to maintain!

Reactions: 30

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Also, why do they dress her eldest like a boy? Those shoes and shorts she looks awful!
She doesn't dress her 'as a boy'. She wears sports tops and shorts. Like most sporty children. They are unisex clothes. Just because she is a girl doesn't mean she has to be in frilly skirts and crop tops.

Reactions: 27

PandaPop20

Chatty Member
She’s doing an awful lot of ads lately.
Probably because they have a big holiday booked. One day you’ll wake up to them all smug at the airport with her saying how good the kids were on the 36 hour flight and they’ll spend 3 months exploring Japan. Just to make you feel really shit about not being to afford a week in the Costa Del Sol.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

reader87123

VIP Member
And wherever she ends up, there will be a big story justifying their extravagance, saying they got a good deal, free air miles, saved for ages, etc. blah blah blah. Just say you're loaded and think you're better than an all exclusive to Tenerife and be done with it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23

pipmint

I don't really think we should be talking about anyone's children's appearance on here. But just wanted to say that it's one of the things I actually really like about Katie and family. Her girls remind me of what I was like as a child. Let kids be kids, etc. Not styled for the internet or with perfect hair all the time. Also something to be said for not teaching your daughters that their appearance is in any way important. I'd rather my kids were happy and kind than thought I cared whether they looked smart or not.

Reactions: 22

Petapee

It really winds me up how Katie always just 'appears' on holiday. There's never a frantic rush to pack for the family, running to the shops to get last minute toiletries or entertaining children on a 7 hour car ride. You know, the relatable stuff! Instead it's always oh by the way we've just magically teleported to a new location. Just too perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Okokok83

You can criticise Katie for a lot of things, but I think her 11 year old is dressed appropriately.

Reactions: 19

Katienana

The queues in my local zara are so bad I will only go in at 9am and I have to really really like something to try it on and buy it! Is this why, are the changing rooms full of dickheads filming themselves

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Effeffess

And wherever she ends up, there will be a big story justifying their extravagance, saying they got a good deal, free air miles, saved for ages, etc. blah blah blah. Just say you're loaded and think you're better than an all exclusive to Tenerife and be done with it 🤣
This! It's fine to be minted and have a charmed life. Just be grateful and help others. Don't be like "we decided to cut back a few months ago on takeaways which is why we have managed to scramble together enough money to spend 3 weeks doing a tour of Cambodia"

• Haha
  • Heart

unidentified

VIP Member
Anyone else really over these people who can clearly afford nice expensive holidays showing off their freebies?! I work unbelievably hard at what I do but can’t afford even one thing that these ‘influencers’ get gifted let alone do themselves. I think I need to step away because it’s making me feel inadequate as a parent.

• Heart

nik1231

Chatty Member
I think Katie has shown herself up a little with this trip to Dubai. It’s one of the first times they’ve gone to a non majority Christian/White country and I find the way she has spoken about locals really patronising and judgemental. Also saying that a hotel complex was “done in an Arabic style” - it’s a Arab country. I think she was out of her depth and should stick to Disney
I totally disagree. I think she shares travel really well and I like that they show a family side and actually do things on their trips. They genuinely do see and experience places.

Reactions: 17

PurpleFog

I've not checked in on her eyebrows recently, are they still a metre long each across her forehead. She's blatently had her teeth done but I'd have that piggy snout fixed if I were her.
I have to say, that's an awful thing to say. I completely understand questioning her content but I don't think she should have her appearance discussed. Especially when it's so negative.

Sabbie

VIP Member
I cannot believe people are criticizing her parenting because her kids are not picture perfect clean and tidy? Go over to Louise’s thread where she’s being criticized for picture perfect Darcy. 😆 I am sure they are choosing themselves what to wear on a muddy walk with the dog. I am glad she’s not forcing her girls to look or act a certain way that’s deemed acceptable by this damaging insta-ready society. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
She’s full of ads recently too. What I want to see first thing in the morning when I have £9.46 to my name and it’s not even a week after pay day is smug Katie and Jon having a lovely free date day together that she’ll have been paid to post about. The influencer culture needs to end.

• Heart
  • Angry

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Not to derail as I know this applies to all influencers but they build up a relationship with you (hense all the.... Are your children off for one week or two? Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi? And the does anyone know best way to xyz) so when they tell you how fabulous this deodorant/mattress/food box is people take it at face value forgetting that they are paid to say this. They are not your pals, they are in marketing, they aren't giving genuine recommendations, they are sales people.

• Heart

Mrspowell

VIP Member
You can criticise Katie for a lot of things, but I think her 11 year old is dressed appropriately.
When you compare the girls to instagram which is full of over sexualised young girls I think Katie has it just right with her girls