Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boj folded his company in Jan so is out of work. So he is not working.
How do you know he’s not working? All we know is his old company has folded, but he could well be doing something else now. He said he had a few things lined up in the linked in post.

Reactions: 2
How do you know he’s not working? All we know is his old company has folded, but he could well be doing something else now. He said he had a few things lined up in the linked in post.
The post was from mid March saying he had a few things lined up.. But that he had not decided what he was going to do yet.. Sooo that means he is not doing anything yet. Who cares, I just let someone know as she said he was working.

Reactions: 1
We’ve all agreed Kate is obviously struggling, and for one reason or another they don’t have family staying with them for support...so just wondering what’s so wrong with them getting a Doula in? I don’t know if I personally ever would, but is it really that bad? Surely it’s in Noa’s best interests that she’s got professional help in. Boj might be working through the day (we don’t know) so unrealistic to expect him to be up all night on his own with Noa.
I’d rather see things improve for her if she’s getting help instead of the weird insta posts. Hopefully the doula will put a proper baby grow on Noa too instead of her been half dressed all the time 😬
Well to quote some of the things she needed to do but couldn’t because of the baby: “put on make up” “open gifts”.....she hired someone to allow her to open a gift, righty ho. Then says Boj could finally get some work done, so why does it take two adults to look after 1 baby yet still he couldn’t do any of the house work or take the dogs out or do a food shop. Did they need to hold each others hand when they changed a nappy- it’s pathetic!
Even then I don’t care if someone hires a pointless Doula, but to suggest everyone should have one if they don’t have family help is utter delusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I find some of the content of her posts relatable, I don't deal with change well at the best of times and really struggled for the first six months. There were days I couldn't take a shower, even tho some on here think it's unbelievable...! (Imagine a baby that screams *all day*, not just evening reflux). But I am a bit baffled about how much she's sharing. I wrote a bunch of texts to loved ones asking for help and support and spoke to my health visitors but didn't post publicly - it's just so raw! Those first few months don't last forever, (whether you love them or find them almost unbearable), and it's been so nice to move on as my child had grown. Think I'd find it really hard to grow from if I'd blasted my struggles on socials.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m not one to mum shame but we are March not July that baby needs a baby grow on omgggg why is she just in a vest all the time no wonder she is unsettled.
Even in the hospital at 10000 degrees they vested baby growed and swaddled. I get babies can’t get too hot either as they are unable to regulate their own body temperature but come on a VEST only 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The post was from mid March saying he had a few things lined up.. But that he had not decided what he was going to do yet.. Sooo that means he is not doing anything yet. Who cares, I just let someone know as she said he was working.
It doesn’t mean that. He said ‘I have some ideas of what I’m going to do next which I’ll announce in due course’, so he could be working on those ideas right now. Unless you know him, you have no idea what he’s doing with his time, and you’re just speculating. I appreciate that a lot of these posts contain speculation, but you sounded so certain when you said he wasn’t working, which isn’t necessarily true.

I worry for her because she was always dead set against having children, giving birth, everything to do with kids (of her own), so I'm wondering why she went ahead and did.
It's only right that she's addressing her issues now as if she's finding the newborn stage so difficult when they do nothing much to impact your daily routine, then she'll be in a world of pain when the toddler years hit.
I don't know if me being a young mum (a loooong time ago) has influenced my opinion - me and everyone else I knew in the same position handled things in a matter of fact way and got on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I lived in Asia when I had my babies and I feel zero guilt or shame for letting my housemaid deal with the newborn over night, not every night but some nights - totally normal. We have a weird perception in the west that mama has to be 24/7 on. Much of the world raises their babies in a communal way and it is perfectly normal. Just because it isn't right for me doesn't make it wrong. Or vice versa. There is no medal in the mama peeing contest for who did the most, who slept the least, who had a kid on a tit the longest.

Regardless, the way Kate is presenting herself online she appears to be really struggling, perhaps that is genuine, maybe not but I hope away from it all she is receiving whatever help she does need.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I just think her/their expectations were clearly way off. Did she genuinely think she was going to have all this free time to lounge around having baths, sleeping, walking the dog, cooking etc? The baby is 3 weeks old!!!!!! It’s perfectly normal for it to be an absolute tit show - no routine, just getting by, doing the basics. That’s how it is with a very young baby and you just get on with it. Yes, sometimes you’d go a day or two without washing your hair or hoovering the house but that’s just the way it is; your baby becomes your priority and everything else goes behind that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I worry for her because she was always dead set against having children, giving birth, everything to do with kids (of her own), so I'm wondering why she went ahead and did.
It's only right that she's addressing her issues now as if she's finding the newborn stage so difficult when they do nothing much to impact your daily routine, then she'll be in a world of pain when the toddler years hit.
I don't know if me being a young mum (a loooong time ago) has influenced my opinion - me and everyone else I knew in the same position handled things in a matter of fact way and got on with it.
I guess everyone goes through it differently - I felt like my world was upside down in the newborn stage, it blows my mind when people say it's a time they 'don't do much to impact your daily routine'! I went from working full time, hobbies, exercise classes, nights out etc to hours feeding, loads of local walks and healthcare appointments.

I found the toddler years easier because you can see it coming and adapt and you can get a few hours to yourself much easier!

Reactions: 6
I just could not imagine paying some random stranger to come into my home at night to settle, soothe and care for my 3 week old baby while I slept in the next room. No sorry that goes against every fibre in my body as a mother. Even if I was a multi millionaire there is no way I would even entertain the idea.
I imagine baby would be harder to settle for a stranger than its Mum as they'd know it wasn't their Mum by scent. It just seems very odd.

Well to quote some of the things she needed to do but couldn’t because of the baby: “put on make up” “open gifts”.....she hired someone to allow her to open a gift, righty ho. Then says Boj could finally get some work done, so why does it take two adults to look after 1 baby yet still he couldn’t do any of the house work or take the dogs out or do a food shop. Did they need to hold each others hand when they changed a nappy- it’s pathetic!
Even then I don’t care if someone hires a pointless Doula, but to suggest everyone should have one if they don’t have family help is utter delusion.
I find her a bit flash about certain things and imagine she posted that she'd hired the Doula was a thinly - veiled brag.

I’m not one to mum shame but we are March not July that baby needs a baby grow on omgggg why is she just in a vest all the time no wonder she is unsettled.
Even in the hospital at 10000 degrees they vested baby growed and swaddled. I get babies can’t get too hot either as they are unable to regulate their own body temperature but come on a VEST only 😫
Yep. Imagine how misreable you'd be if you were constantly cold. I bet her little feet are like ice.

I guess everyone goes through it differently - I felt like my world was upside down in the newborn stage, it blows my mind when people say it's a time they 'don't do much to impact your daily routine'! I went from working full time, hobbies, exercise classes, nights out etc to hours feeding, loads of local walks and healthcare appointments.

I found the toddler years easier because you can see it coming and adapt and you can get a few hours to yourself much easier!
Oh no absolutely it does turn your world upside down for sure, especially those first few weeks when nothing feels normal and it’s all just a bit of a blur, of course it’s a period of adjustment. But she just seems to think the baby should nearly just slot it with her life and doesn’t seem to have anticipated that the normal stuff she was doing pre baby just isn’t realistic now. And that if she’s got time to be chattering away about not having time to have a shower then maybe stop talking about it on Instagram and just get on the shower!!!! She can’t proclaim to have so little time to do basic tasks when she’s spending her free time on Instagram!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just think her/their expectations were clearly way off. Did she genuinely think she was going to have all this free time to lounge around having baths, sleeping, walking the dog, cooking etc? The baby is 3 weeks old!!!!!! It’s perfectly normal for it to be an absolute tit show - no routine, just getting by, doing the basics. That’s how it is with a very young baby and you just get on with it. Yes, sometimes you’d go a day or two without washing your hair or hoovering the house but that’s just the way it is; your baby becomes your priority and everything else goes behind that.
You can also use the talcum powder you probably bought for baby in your greasy, unwashed hair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Fair play to you mums on here who just got on with it/ struggled (or not) with a baby/ multiple kids and no outside support.
It just seems a bit unfair to notice that Kate has struggled and then call her out for getting a doula? What would you rather....watch her carry on struggling and moaning?
I haven’t got kids as I love my life as it is. But it’s clear that some people find motherhood easier than others, everyone’s different and everyone’s baby is different.
Hats off to you mums who didn’t get any help in, I’m not sure I’d have a doula but I certainly don’t see any harm in it. You don’t get given special mum medals depending on how much you coped / struggled on your own 😆 why struggle if you can get help?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Fair play to you mums on here who just got on with it/ struggled (or not) with a baby/ multiple kids and no outside support.
It just seems a bit unfair to notice that Kate has struggled and then call her out for getting a doula? What would you rather....watch her carry on struggling and moaning?
I haven’t got kids as I love my life as it is. But it’s clear that some people find motherhood easier than others, everyone’s different and everyone’s baby is different.
Hats off to you mums who didn’t get any help in, I’m not sure I’d have a doula but I certainly don’t see any harm in it. You don’t get given special mum medals depending on how much you coped / struggled on your own 😆 why struggle if you can get help?
I think it’s the fact that she has the time to be on Instagram moaning about it! If you’ve got the time & inclination to be doing that, you’ve got the time to have a shower or whatever!!!

Reactions: 8
I think it’s the fact that she has the time to be on Instagram moaning about it! If you’ve got the time & inclination to be doing that, you’ve got the time to have a shower or whatever!!!
Exactly, if she wasn’t complaining on instagrram all the time then no one would have commented.

Reactions: 7
Boj in a hoody/jumper in his latest pic and noa in a vest 😳
Why can’t they see that’s not appropriate

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
You do whatever you can to get through. If that means hiring someone to come in and do whatever then so be it.
Agreed. If someone is struggling (with anything in life) they should get the help they need. Whatever it may be. I had 4 young children, my husband was out from 8am till gone midnight weekdays, and didn’t take paternity leave at all. I managed, I did it and it was hard but for the most part I enjoyed it. But just because I did it on my own with no help, doesn’t mean the next person should be able to, or is any less of a mother if they get the help they need. This is the problem, we are made to feel we are not good enough or doing something wrong if we need help, so refuse to ask for it and suffer in silence to a point where we can’t take it anymore.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.