Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It's not off topic though? Many of us predicted Kate would go down the convenient 'Noa won't breastfeed anymore' route from the get go.
Discussing BF is dull as dirty dishwater. Some do, some don't - who cares about BF in the congo? It wasn't for Kate and she's dropped it. Let's also drop it. I will be honest and I don't care about cracked nipples or babies puking your blood. That in depth chat is for the BF thread. I've scrolled past most of it but really.. it's been done to death

It's not off topic though? Many of us predicted Kate would go down the convenient 'Noa won't breastfeed anymore' route from the get go.
Discussing BF is dull as dirty dishwater. Some do, some don't - who cares about BF in the congo? It wasn't for Kate and she's dropped it. Let's also drop it. I will be honest and I don't care about cracked nipples or babies puking your blood. That in depth chat is for the BF thread. I've scrolled past most of it but really.. it's been done to death

It is a bit though, personally I’m not here to hear about other people’s breastfeeding journeys, don’t mean to sound harsh but it’s getting a bit mumsnet 😬
Exactly. There is something about this thread that triggers people and they feel the need to tell us their own experiences. This is not the rave thread for KL and extensive discussion over your personal BF journey is irrelevant and frankly boring.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

LoonyLeopard

Chatty Member
Doula is there and they went to bed at midnight. 🙄 Then she does a story pumping and asking how all the other mums and dads up at that time are doing. The little one had her frenulum cut yesterday, surely this is a night you'd be there for your baba if she was up in the night. She is such a sweet little baby she makes my ovaries explode and I'm one and done 😂
I thought exactly the same thing! Of all nights you would want to be with your little one 😢 Asking how all the Mums and Dads are up at that hour .... we’re fine thanks Kate, enjoying cuddles with our babies as they grow so quickly so we’re making the most of every second they need and want our cuddles and reassurance ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Treesy19

VIP Member
Breastfeeding her last night straight after the tongue tie procedure would have been so so comforting to little Noa. It’s not just about feeding, the comfort they get is out of this world. But instead, she chooses to stay up late talking and pumps at 4am.

• Sad

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I can't take her loving posts seriously. She complained, whined, moaned, cried, tantrummed for 12 whole weeks. 12 weeks of daily posts about how much she HATED caring for the very vulnerable newborn she gave birth to keep her younger boyfriend happy. 12 weeks of sharing how miserable her baby made her feel with 250k strangers online. 12 weeks. She'll never be able to erase that from the world wide web. Excuse me if I'm not applauding her for actually being kind to her baby at long last.

• Heart
Why am I expected to have an understanding of something I never had? When has Kate been diagnosed with PND and made it public?

Also, when did this thread become the PND discussion thread?

These angry faces I keep getting all come from my comment where I said 'It is not OK to not be OK" - I stand by my point. If you are genuinely feeling 'not OK with your mental health' then you must seek help. - Barking on Social media or being super sensitive on a Kate Lawler thread on a gossip forum will not help you.
The point is if you’ve never had any experience of PND, and I’m really glad you haven’t, then don’t make sweeping statements or pointless empty comments that oversimplify something really complex and misunderstood. I wouldn’t presume to know how I would cope with cancer treatment or losing a limb, so I respect the lived experience of those that have rather than being rude and patronising in detailing how I think someone should handle or respond to that challenge.

PND is fucking awful. There is a reason suicide is the leading cause of maternal death in pregnancy & the first year after birth.

The IG story with her in the car driving and shouting at someone crossing the road whilst texting. Does she not see the absolute hypocrisy?! She’s touching her phone whilst driving and not paying full attention to the road all for a stupid unfunny Instagram video. You can see her hand go up to end the video, and she’ll have also needed to press record too - you can see a long road behind her, with nowhere to pull over, so clearly also started the video whilst driving which will involve opening up either the camera or IG) What an absolute idiot!! Is it not illegal to touch your phone whilst driving in the U.K.?

• Wow
WHY IS SHE LETTING SKANKY SHIRLEY LICK THE BABY AGAIN!!!! I am positive this is how Noa's finger got infected and probably her other ailments too.

I hope Noa is allergic to those mutts and they have to re-home Noa to someone who knows how to care for a baby because these buffoons don't have a clue.

Edited to add: I am not going to back down about my opinion of these revolting dogs. Dogs should never be allowed to lick children, especially new born babies.

Last edited:
  • Wow

HarringBird

How can someone say they don't have time to shower but they have time to film themselves, talking about not having time to shower? :unsure:

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I don't think I've ever seen anything so sad as her Instagram. She's clearly not bonding with her baby, and frankly needs a kick up the arse as to how lucky she is. After my 2nd was stillborn, I cherished every baby second with the other 2 I had..... even the tough nights and bad days, because they are such a short phase of their life.

• Heart
  • Sad

DrMeredithGrey

VIP Member
But she isn't that knackered. She's disinterested in her child. That here is the problem. Kate made no secret of not wanting a child and this is what happens when you have a baby for someone else. It doesn't work.

Actually, the photos I posted where not of Kate parenting and that is the point.
I complain about aspects of parenting sometimes.
Doesn’t make me a shit parent.
I know I’m lucky to have my children, and I know that there are millions of people that would absolutely love the opportunity to be able to complain about the things that I complain about.
That doesn’t change the fact that sometimes I’m not down for being 100% on it.
We see what she shows us. Yes, she seems to have a lot of time away from Noa, and it’s not the route I went down, but loads of people do choose that. I know of people who bottle fed from the off, which enabled them to have their baby stay overnight at their grandparents house right from the off. There are people who are up for a night out a fortnight after they give birth.
Are we labelling them shit too?

bumblebees19

VIP Member
You may see my comment as unhelpful, but it is true. If you are not OK - seek help. There is no shame in doing so - It is out there waiting for you. Wallowing, never helped anyone. A quick google tells me that there is a lot help out there if you want and need it.

As far as I am aware, I did not have PND - but I was terribly lonely (resentful even) being at home with the baby 24/7 so I got off my arse and changed things for the better; I 100% guarantee you that if I had PND then I would have reached out to my health visitor, my doctor, the bloody Samaritans if I felt it would help.

I am sorry this happened to you and I am genuinely sorry no one could see what was happening before you got to that point.
Depression, PND or otherwise, is debilitating. There is no way any of us can truly predict how we would act in the depths of depression. Sometimes reaching out is the hardest thing to do.

• Heart

GoLando

VIP Member
It is a bit though, personally I’m not here to hear about other people’s breastfeeding journeys, don’t mean to sound harsh but it’s getting a bit mumsnet 😬
It’s fucking boring and divisive! I agree with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

lalalanded

VIP Member
MIL's eating habits are bloody weird. Just because it's 'healthy' doesn't mean it's not strange. Poor Noa is going to be absolutely surrounded by disordered eating. And you just know MIL is around to look after the baby while those two........ just pretend they don't have a baby.

Whoever sent her that horrible message on Insta was in the wrong though. If, in fact, Kate isn't just an annoying bellend and is going through something much worse, that is just cruel and unnecessary. You don't know what could be the final straw for someone. I sincerely hope it wasn't someone from here.

Cady1954

VIP Member
Im in my 50s with a 16 year old...
may I ask what you mean?
Oh look In tired of explaining myself. I had a horrendous time in my early forties with my teenage son who was rebellious and in and out of prison. It nearly broke me and I really don't think I could have coped if I had been in my fifties.

• Heart

Moop136

Worked a 12 hour shift in a busy xray department yesterday, bus didn't show after (kinda lost my shit!), then up today at dawn's crack, walked the smalls to school, did other boring grown up house stuff....would love to have someone do my hair and make up right now. But no, this is real life Kate. Grow a pair.

• Heart

Treesy19

VIP Member
Why has she had a “shit afternoon”? Is it because Noa wanted constant cuddles and feeds off her mother following her jabs? Looking at that thigh bruise Noa will have been in pain and needed comforting. I’m guessing this will have put a stop to her lying in the garden in the sun licking lollies with the dog? She needs to accept that her baby daughter needs to be the centre of her world right now 😢 motherhood is almost constantly putting your small before you.

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Constantly trying to generate engagement.

The Negligent Prats of Instagram?
Utter fucking embarrassment. Look at how cool and zany we are. We're not just boring parents. Oh and by the way Kate and Martin 👋 the pair of you giggling in bed at 11pm whilst your child is downstairs with a stranger* makes you look like teenagers that just got out of looking after the family pet.
I say stranger* because by this point Noa probably sees her as a part time mum. Seeing those videos of Kate singing in her face, I wouldn't be surprised if Noa cheers up when the night nanny arrives 😂

• Haha

RobinsHood

Fuck off Kate...We really don’t give a shit what Boj’s mum has for breakfast/lunch/dinner....like, seriously?!
(And while I’m at it, we definitely still don’t give a shit about how much milk is coming out of your tits either.)
Think I’m gonna have to unfollow, her insta content is absolutely dire.

RobinsHood

Just unfollowed, so fed up of her constant complaining and making out Noa is being a massive inconvenience! It shouldn’t be a shock to you that your baby needs feeding in the night, and the way she’s saying she can’t go home and relax cos she’s got Noa...it’s down right weird. You shouldn’t resent your baby for being a baby and needing looking after!
Like it’s been mentioned, god knows how she’ll cope when Noa starts moving around and can’t be left to just lay still, or when she’s teething. There’s a difference between showing motherhood in its true light and just moaning about it all the time and blaming your baby for basically being a baby and interfering in your life.