Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And the emotional support and guidance you need to give kids as they grow older. I hope she grows and develops more selflessness as time goes on. When you're a parent it really isn't about you anymore. I don't mean neglect yourself and your interests but the kids come first and that is your duty as a parent.

Agree with all you've said, yes babies are all different. Mine was a terrible sleeper, colic etc. I found it a huge adjustment and didn't love every minute of newborn life but did adore my baby. I struggled to get back to normal after my CS and had issues with my scar. I don't suggest it's easy for Kate but she does need to get her head around the fact that her child comes first now and she will need to make sacrifices. All stages of parenthood are challenging, there isn't a magic wand age where suddenly it's a breeze. The issue I had with her is how immature she came across, not the fact that new parenthood is difficult. All the giggling in bed posting Insta stories when the night nanny was there instead of you know, sleeping, which she claimed she was so desperate for. I felt embarrassed for her. The horrible noisy singing for engagement. Grow up was what went through my mind and still does when I watch her stories.
I’m a huge advocate for “better out than in” and I’ve made my feelings known upthread where I will stick up for Kate when it comes to being open about how difficult babies can be. That said, I was hugely disappointed with her stories about not sleeping when they had the night nanny over. I would have killed for a night nanny and as much as it’s her right to have one and talk about it openly, don’t go online and deliver a virtual slap in the face to those struggling with parenthood by then staying up all night and laughing about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m a huge advocate for “better out than in” and I’ve made my feelings known upthread where I will stick up for Kate when it comes to being open about how difficult babies can be. That said, I was hugely disappointed with her stories about not sleeping when they had the night nanny over. I would have killed for a night nanny and as much as it’s her right to have one and talk about it openly, don’t go online and deliver a virtual slap in the face to those struggling with parenthood by then staying up all night and laughing about it.
Yes I agree. She just comes across as very self-centred and thinking she's pretty special but that's my opinion.

Reactions: 6
12 weeks was a turning point but then a month later it’s the 4 month sleep regression then they’re up all night with teething.....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How does being in her 50s when Noa is a teen affect anything??
Yes I agree, there’s nothing negative about having teens in your 50s. It’s perfectly normal these days. I too will have teens in my 50s. Can’t see any issues with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ll be in my 50s when my child is a teen (partly) but difference is I actually enjoy parenting, unlike Kate.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What about some of her followers whose 12 week old babies haven’t ‘got themselves’ into a routine or started sleeping better? My first wasn’t a ‘good sleeper’ and all my friends would say oh when he gets to 8 weeks it will be better. Then when he didn’t it was when he gets to 12 weeks it will be better. Then when he didn’t it was apparently definitely going to happen when he got to 16 weeks. He didn’t sleep until 7 months! It’s all rubbish, babies sleep when they sleep and her followers whose babies haven’t started magically sleeping will be thinking what have they done wrong that their baby hasnt started sleeping better .

Reactions: 10
What about some of her followers whose 12 week old babies haven’t ‘got themselves’ into a routine or started sleeping better? My first wasn’t a ‘good sleeper’ and all my friends would say oh when he gets to 8 weeks it will be better. Then when he didn’t it was when he gets to 12 weeks it will be better. Then when he didn’t it was apparently definitely going to happen when he got to 16 weeks. He didn’t sleep until 7 months! It’s all rubbish, babies sleep when they sleep and her followers whose babies haven’t started magically sleeping will be thinking what have they done wrong that their baby hasnt started sleeping better .
So she can’t vent it’s hard and she can’t share her relief she’s feeling like it’s gotten a tad easier either?! I’m not her biggest fan, but this is ridiculous! Lots of people, me included, find 12 weeks onwards a bit easier, had nothing to do with sleep and everything to do with a smilier baby whose reflux improved a little.

Reactions: 11
One of the many things to add unnecessary stress is bloody routines with babies! Sure, set some things to help like putting baby upstairs in the evening when they get a little bit older etc, but timed feeds and sleep 'routines' is just pressure you dont need. I got myself so worked up with it all first time round.

Reactions: 15

What I simply meant was I was in my forties when my son was a teenager and a very troublesome teenager at that.
Lets hope Noa is no problem because I know I would have found it difficult I'm my 50's. Sorry to offend

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What I simply meant was I was in my forties when my son was a teenager and a very troublesome teenager at that.
Lets hope Noa is no problem because I know I would have found it difficult I'm my 50's. Sorry to offend
I for one am not offended, I will be in 50s (just gone 50) when kids are teens. I did get some slight dread when it hit me though 😅 Me menopausal and them with teenage hormones 😭🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 12
To be fair sometimes its unavoidable. I ended up in early menopause just before I was 40 which matched up with both my kids (v close in age) hitting the teen angst button ‘perfectly’. When they were born I figured they’d have left home before that really got going 😏🤣

Reactions: 2
And you’ll be doing it all with a smile across your Chevy Chase because you are obviously a positive soul who has embraced Motherhood and surely must get annoyed by these moany InstaMums?? Or is that just me??

Just so everyone knows, I started this 3rd thread about her because I was just so fuming about how she was blaming EVERYONE else about her sheer reluctance to devote herself to Motherhood.

I am not knocking PND (I believe I had it myself, but think I may have just been suffering from a lack of family support because I’ve had a 2nd baby and still have no help, but I don’t seem to care this time!)

I am not an expert on Tattle rules, but I will be starting a 4th thread when this one runs out if she continues to run the narrative about babies being the problem. As long as she continues to coin phrases like “she has got herself into a routine” and “she seems happier” as if the baby is a mini dictator who dictates rules to whom they must succumb, then I will continue to speak the truth about her baby being a human being who needs her Mum. Not an inconvenience who has come to wreck their lives.
Well I don't have social media for this reason
That was a new low. It's gross, not funny.

It's like she thinks 12 weeks is a magical point where suddenly everything is sorted. Or people have given her that impression as she says people told her if she can just get to 12 weeks it'll be better (or words to that effect). Every age brings challenges that nothing prepares you for! Many good times too but parenthood is one long lesson really for us and the kids! She seems to want it to just be easy when it never is. I don't mean it isn't full of joy too but easy, no.
I think when you're a FTM and get told that past 12 weeks everything gets better you just hope. I was told this! And was hoping the colic/reflux would just magically stop once she turned 12 weeks 😂
I wonder how Kate will deal with weaning and the MESS. Oh my, I am predominantly doing BLW and it is bad! Honestly just feel there will always be difficult/good moments at all stages tbh. You are so right about getting a new set of challenges. Once you've got over the newborn stage it's the moving, falling, rolling, getting into things etc. I really enjoy it though, seeing her pick up a new skill is quite amazing!

Yes I agree. She just comes across as very self-centred and thinking she's pretty special but that's my opinion.
I think it’s a fair opinion; she’s lived it up doing what she wants, when she wants, for the last 40 years. It’s not easy to adjust, I’ll give her that
I think when you're a FTM and get told that past 12 weeks everything gets better you just hope. I was told this! And was hoping the colic/reflux would just magically stop once she turned 12 weeks 😂
I wonder how Kate will deal with weaning and the MESS. Oh my, I am predominantly doing BLW and it is bad! Honestly just feel there will always be difficult/good moments at all stages tbh. You are so right about getting a new set of challenges. Once you've got over the newborn stage it's the moving, falling, rolling, getting into things etc. I really enjoy it though, seeing her pick up a new skill is quite amazing!
I’d blocked out forgotten about BLW. Can’t quite believe how many babywipes I used to go through at that stage 😂 I swear I was going through half a pack a day at one point!

Oh the mess! I feel like crying most days 🤣
We done purées with my first but my 6 month old will not take from a spoon at all yet so we just started with BLW - it’s carnage but great fun seeing her trying all the foods!

Reactions: 3
Son is just now at the stage where he’s not too messy when eating and it’s bliss! Couldn’t go through all that again- another reason I am
One and done!

I think when Kate does wean Noa she will say she loves it even if she hates that chapter, I don’t believe she has had this amazing epiphany where she is loving every minute of motherhood now like her recent posts would suggest. I do hope she is finding thing easier overall but I just don’t believe things have gone from hell to absolute bliss like she is making out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.