Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find this so hard to understand. How could you feel that the first few weeks of having a baby is a dirty secret? I honestly think it comes down to how prepared you are as a person. How ready you are to give up your life to a fellow human being. Maybe age comes into it? I was 29 with my first and 31 with my second. It was a breeze.,100% what I expected but better. I quickly quit BF because it was a bleeping nightmare and pointlessly stressing everyone out; but it was what I expected.

I think Kate was too old and loved her life too much to be selfless with Noa. Even now she still isn't 100% for her. I really get the feeling she is going through the motions of caring for her in a practical sense but not emotionally. She isn't there for her.
100% agree. I was just shy of 30 and honestly I love my baby so much and even though she's only been here for 7 months I literally couldn't imagine her not being here. Not saying that times haven't been hard because MY GOD she wasn't the 'easiest' baby but that moment of frustration is quickly replaced with the undying love you feel. Maybe some people take to it differently but in my eyes my baby didn't choose to be born and as a newborn they have NO idea what's going on. So used to being in your tummy without a care in the world then they've shoved outside and have to depend on you for everything! Maybe she'll feel better when Noa can interact with her more.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can't take her loving posts seriously. She complained, whined, moaned, cried, tantrummed for 12 whole weeks. 12 weeks of daily posts about how much she HATED caring for the very vulnerable newborn she gave birth to keep her younger boyfriend happy. 12 weeks of sharing how miserable her baby made her feel with 250k strangers online. 12 weeks. She'll never be able to erase that from the world wide web. Excuse me if I'm not applauding her for actually being kind to her baby at long last.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can't take her loving posts seriously. She complained, whined, moaned, cried, tantrummed for 12 whole weeks. 12 weeks of daily posts about how much she HATED caring for the very vulnerable newborn she gave birth to keep her younger boyfriend happy. 12 weeks of sharing how miserable her baby made her feel with 250k strangers online. 12 weeks. She'll never be able to erase that from the world wide web. Excuse me if I'm not applauding her for actually being kind to her baby at long last.

Yeah I’m not too sure how I’d feel about seeing my Mum wearing a t-shirt saying ‘It’s OK to feel tit’ a few weeks after I was born 😔😔

ETA ‘It’s OK to feel tired’ maybe, or ‘It’s OK to spend the first few weeks in complete shock’ 😆

Reactions: 4
When I came through the haze of it all, I asked my mum wtf was she thinking and how did she cope 😂 maternal mental health shouldnt be shushed or hidden. It IS ok to feel tit and to say it. I do get on a soap box about this, sorry 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ i dont like parenting via instagram like all these influencers do, but its a valid message imo

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When I came through the haze of it all, I asked my mum wtf was she thinking and how did she cope 😂 maternal mental health shouldnt be shushed or hidden. It IS ok to feel tit and to say it. I do get on a soap box about this, sorry 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ i dont like parenting via instagram like all these influencers do, but its a valid message imo
I quite liked the t-shirt to be honest, but it was just a bit weird how Noa was nowhere to be seen in the photo. It was just a photo of her on her own talking about how she was feeling. She could’ve been holding Noa in her arms as a sort of “wouldn’t change a thing, but my God do I feel lousy” kinda message. Or even Bodge-job next to her holding Noa so we could all see her message on the t-shirt, but it was all about her.......

Reactions: 3
Yeah this is a hill I’m willing to die on tbh 😂 I became a mum at 29 and hated near enough every minute of it and my god did I let people know. I overshared too much to friends and on social media probably but I was honestly shell shocked and woefully unprepared for a non-sleeping, bottle-refusing, dairy intolerant baby.

I remember returning to work and one of the girls asking me how much I enjoyed motherhood and I told her I liked my daughter more when I wasn’t around her. At the time I was full of PND but people just thought I was exaggerating how hard I was finding it - she looked at me like I’d just committed a murder.

I’d rather any parent talks about how difficult it is than bottle it up and does harm to themselves or their child.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I quite liked the t-shirt to be honest, but it was just a bit weird how Noa was nowhere to be seen in the photo. It was just a photo of her on her own talking about how she was feeling. She could’ve been holding Noa in her arms as a sort of “wouldn’t change a thing, but my God do I feel lousy” kinda message. Or even Bodge-job next to her holding Noa so we could all see her message on the t-shirt, but it was all about her.......
Definitely hasnt come naturally to her!

Reactions: 2
This is a discussion forum, if members are effected by comments please protect yourselves + avoid threads that may trigger. - Please read our rules and why they're important
Actually, it's not ok to feel tit. - that's a modern mantra that is a lie.

It is ok to feel tit and seek help.

But does anyone want to hear it. Probably not. Always good to speak to a health professional in this instance.
Does anyone want to hear it?! Well, in my experience no they don't. Which drove me to attempt to take my own life. If I had more support from the people I reached out to initially and they had wanted to hear my struggles, I may have felt validated enough to seek professional help. Sorry but your comment is just completely unhelpful and lacking insight into the realities of PND

(I'm not the poster you responded to but this comment really got to me!)

But does anyone want to hear it. Probably not. Always good to speak to a health professional in this instance.
I didn’t recognise I had PND until I was returning to work and I didn’t tell anyone because I didn’t want the stigma attached to it. It’s hard to explain but in my head I would have preferred people thinking I was a serial moaner about my baby than labelling me as depressed.

But for a long time I just thought I had an incredibly difficult baby and I resented her for it. Which is why I can sympathise with the way Kate has talked about motherhood and Noa. Talking to someone, anyone, even if it was me just screaming into a void on social media, really helped me. You’ve admitted yourself motherhood was a breeze for you so I can see why you might think the things she’s posting are out of order.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is it just me or does anyone find it a bit uncomfortable when people film themselves actually having the jab? (Kates just put it on her stories) I find it a cringe (and feel for the vaccinator who’s probably thinking you knob)
I don’t get it - but then a lot of celebs have filmed themselves getting it .... I have a funny feeling there may have been an incentive if they filmed it & pyrometer it. Could be way off but just my thoughts.

I thought the new post was lovely but my god what a change, I defo think management stepped in. She’s posting a lot less now too

Reactions: 5
Kate will continue to wake up at 4am to express even though she doesn't need to do it. Again, she'll wake up and do it because she is addicted to losing the calories.
She will need to if she's wanting to keep her supply up.
I don’t get it - but then a lot of celebs have filmed themselves getting it .... I have a funny feeling there may have been an incentive if they filmed it & pyrometer it. Could be way off but just my thoughts.
Could be an easy engagement win. The anti-vaxxers can’t help but comment. It’s also virtue signalling which is suspect would be Kate’s motivation.

Reactions: 4
Or maybe she is finally getting into the swing of things. She mentioned the other day about a therapist, so has seek professional help.

When I had PND, it was horrific and not able to talk to anyone because it’s supposed to be natural to love your child and want to put them first. When it doesn’t feel natural, it makes you feel such a failure and very alone.

Some of you are so lucky how you bonded with your baby and should be grateful it feels so alien to you. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Additionally, I know it’s not confirmed PND.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important

You’re refreshingly rude, I wouldn’t even have needed your earlier posts about food to tell you’re not British 😂 Still rude tho lol.

I found the whole mum thing a breeze and it came naturally to me, with my second the HV came on day 2 or whenever and was in awe of how together I was, house clean, baby content (I'm not bragging, I have a point I promise) and then the second time she came like a week later she was telling me she had just been to see a lady who wasn't coping and she said that she had told her about me, I assume as some kind of inspiration! I was horrified, surely the last thing anyone needs to hear in that situation is about someone else finding it easy, that poor woman probably closed the door to the HV and felt even worse, despite her experience probably being more common than mine. I couldn't believe a HV would be so unsupportive of someone.

PS that was in the early days before my 2nd baby started crying and didn't stop for 6 months, I didn't manage to cook a single proper dinner the whole time I was on mat leave cos of all the crying!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It shouldn’t be hidden but I think you can tell a million people how hard having a baby is and a million people still won’t know the true test of it until they have a baby. Nothing prepared me for my first, my second I was in soft play the next day. I knew what was coming! I know I have never had worse than baby blues, and I’m all for asking for help but help does not come from insta

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Or maybe she is finally getting into the swing of things. She mentioned the other day about a therapist, so has seek professional help.

When I had PND, it was horrific and not able to talk to anyone because it’s supposed to be natural to love your child and want to put them first. When it doesn’t feel natural, it makes you feel such a failure and very alone.

Some of you are so lucky how you bonded with your baby and should be grateful it feels so alien to you. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Additionally, I know it’s not confirmed PND.
I strongly suspect the “I’ll talk more about that later” is a magazine deal/book incoming about how the therapist helped her to see she was suffering from PND etc....

Reactions: 15
I strongly suspect the “I’ll talk more about that later” is a magazine deal/book incoming about how the therapist helped her to see she was suffering from PND etc....
Absolutely, it needs to be cashed in on. A paragraph on an Instagram post won’t bring her ££ in on it. Can see it a mile off.

Reactions: 12
Does anyone want to hear it?! Well, in my experience no they don't. Which drove me to attempt to take my own life. If I had more support from the people I reached out to initially and they had wanted to hear my struggles, I may have felt validated enough to seek professional help. Sorry but your comment is just completely unhelpful and lacking insight into the realities of PND

(I'm not the poster you responded to but this comment really got to me!)
Agree.
I tried telling people but no one heard me.
It took me 3 months to get help and still some of my family members don't even acknowledge I had PND & anxiety.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It shouldn’t be hidden but I think you can tell a million people how hard having a baby is and a million people still won’t know the true test of it until they have a baby. Nothing prepared me for my first, my second I was in soft play the next day. I knew what was coming! I know I have never had worse than baby blues, and I’m all for asking for help but help does not come from insta
This is true, you can't really know until you experience it. I remember when pregnant with my first someone was asking me if I was excited and ready and I was like "I dunno, I've literally never had a baby before, I can't even picture what it's going to be like" !

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.