Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m confused why people think Kate has an unhealthy relationship with food? She’s always eating, her portions are large and seem quite healthy. What am I missing, other than her giving last bites to the dogs?

Reactions: 7
I get so scared clipping my son’s nails but I’d rather that than bite them - what if it goes uneven or you bite too much? Used to be a nail biter years ago and this would happen to me. The Tommee Tippee safety nail clippers are the way to go
I just file them down while she is feeding and distracted. Not going to cut the skin then!

Reactions: 3
Whyyyyy is she sharing photos of brachycephalic dogs on her stories 😡😡 and seemingly mocking them with their owners for being hot. Poor bloody things can't breathe that's why! 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Whyyyyy is she sharing photos of brachycephalic dogs on her stories 😡😡 and seemingly mocking them with their owners for being hot. Poor bloody things can't breathe that's why! 😡
Yes so cruel that! Is she that brainless. Coming from a dog owner who hyped on about her own dogs as well.

Reactions: 1
Ooooh the night feed stories have changed from “I’M shopping online” and “I’VE forgotten my feeding snacks” to “Noa weighs this much now” and “I enjoy these night feeds” 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The selfishness is disappearing and she’s finally getting her head around what the early days of Motherhood look like and just getting on with the job without complaint! 🙌🏻

Reactions: 11
But is it from her own accord or is she playing tactically via management. I honestly don't know what to believe with Kate anymore. I used to really like her but how she's treated that poor baby up to now has been nothing short of heartbreaking. And also that tit of a partner she has. He's been just as useless. I hope they realise how shameful their behaviour has been but I don't think they'll ever see just how terrible they've acted and how they've broadcast it to so many people. They should have stayed owners of dogs and that's it.

Reactions: 17
WHY IS SHE LETTING SKANKY SHIRLEY LICK THE BABY AGAIN!!!! I am positive this is how Noa's finger got infected and probably her other ailments too.

I hope Noa is allergic to those mutts and they have to re-home Noa to someone who knows how to care for a baby because these buffoons don't have a clue.

Edited to add: I am not going to back down about my opinion of these revolting dogs. Dogs should never be allowed to lick children, especially new born babies.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
But is it from her own accord or is she playing tactically via management. I honestly don't know what to believe with Kate anymore. I used to really like her but how she's treated that poor baby up to now has been nothing short of heartbreaking. And also that tit of a partner she has. He's been just as useless. I hope they realise how shameful their behaviour has been but I don't think they'll ever see just how terrible they've acted and how they've broadcast it to so many people. They should have stayed owners of dogs and that's it.
I’m not sure how you can say she’s hasn’t been treated well though. She’s fed, watered and cared for (even if that is with help). We all have a moan about our kids. I mean there’s a whole genre on social media now of “unmumsy mums”. I do think that Kate is a reluctant mum and she’s obviously struggled adjusting but she seems to be turning a corner (for now at least). We moan when she moans about Noa and we moan when she’s positive?!

Reactions: 15
I find it so annoying and contrived to receive a "mascara warning" before a video 🙄 Not a tear, just a halfway skip here.

And we all have a tough first few weeks, but most of us don't share during the fact, only after the fact. Nothing anyone says can prepare you for those first few weeks, her way of highlighting it has been triggering to expectant mothers here.

I still think she did Noa dirty with the negativity, that's not going to go away and is out there for her to see/find out when older. They just cba putting in the effort when Noa needed it the most 💔 Kate can somewhat be excused if depressed (she was able to function on Insta etc.) but Bodge job.. 🤡

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thats what needs to change. I felt like my mates had lied to me about just how tit and difficult it is. Its like a dirty secret.
But would you have appreciated a blow by blow daily/hourly moaning from her and her partner on Instagram? Blaming the child and not taking accountability?

Being told how hard it is didn't help me it triggered me when pregnant, the wording matters and you have to read the audience. Also nature does make you forget all the bad stuff so you will have more 🙈

Thats what needs to change. I felt like my mates had lied to me about just how tit and difficult it is. Its like a dirty secret.
I find this so hard to understand. How could you feel that the first few weeks of having a baby is a dirty secret? I honestly think it comes down to how prepared you are as a person. How ready you are to give up your life to a fellow human being. Maybe age comes into it? I was 29 with my first and 31 with my second. It was a breeze.,100% what I expected but better. I quickly quit BF because it was a bleeping nightmare and pointlessly stressing everyone out; but it was what I expected.

I think Kate was too old and loved her life too much to be selfless with Noa. Even now she still isn't 100% for her. I really get the feeling she is going through the motions of caring for her in a practical sense but not emotionally. She isn't there for her.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
I find this so hard to understand. How could you feel that the first few weeks of having a baby is a dirty secret? I honestly think it comes down to how prepared you are as a person. How ready you are to give up your life to a fellow human being. Maybe age comes into it? I was 29 with my first and 31 with my second. It was a breeze.,100% what I expected but better. I quickly quit BF because it was a bleeping nightmare and pointlessly stressing everyone out; but it was what I expected.

I think Kate was too old and loved her life too much to be selfless with Noa. Even now she still isn't 100% for her. I really get the feeling she is going through the motions of caring for her in a practical sense but not emotionally. She isn't there for her.
And I think we can safely say that while Kate was hideously underprepared, she did have SOME inkling due to her twin sister already being a Mum.

Boj, however, clearly had ZERO inkling and thought he was getting a doll in a basket who probably needed one bottle a day and nappy change a day 😂

Reactions: 8
Ive been an auntie since I was 12, and have godchildren etc. I thought I knew what to expect. I didnt expect a traumatic labour though and the repurcussions of that. Wording does matter though, I agree. It was after I struggled that my friends opened up about them struggling, but they never said anything at the time - thats sad.

Just to clarify - the first few weeks of having a baby isnt a dirty little secret. The truth of the lows and the highs though- it doesnt get shared openly enough (despite what insta tells us). The true reality of how lonely it may be, the extent of recovery periods, the issues of feeding and colic and how exhausting that can feel etc. It was very much a shut up and get on with it vibe for me, and thats so unhealthy.

You cant be prepared without knowing the good and bad. I had forceps and in our antenatal class, it was mentioned in passing. 4 of the women from that class ended up with forceps, and werent told anything of substance about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
And I think we can safely say that while Kate was hideously underprepared, she did have SOME inkling due to her twin sister already being a Mum.

Boj, however, clearly had ZERO inkling and thought he was getting a doll in a basket who probably needed one bottle a day and nappy change a day 😂
They have both come out of this looking like complete twats TBH. It seems as if the guy who wanted the baby certainly didn't want to do any of the work! He is so arrogant, I don't know what she sees in the not-handsome?

Ive been an auntie since I was 12, and have godchildren etc. I thought I knew what to expect. I didnt expect a traumatic labour though and the repurcussions of that. Wording does matter though, I agree. It was after I struggled that my friends opened up about them struggling, but they never said anything at the time - thats sad.

Just to clarify - the first few weeks of having a baby isnt a dirty little secret. The truth of the lows and the highs though- it doesnt get shared openly enough (despite what insta tells us). The true reality of how lonely it may be, the extent of recovery periods, the issues of feeding and colic and how exhausting that can feel etc. It was very much a shut up and get on with it vibe for me, and thats so unhealthy.

You cant be prepared without knowing the good and bad. I had forceps and in our antenatal class, it was mentioned in passing. 4 of the women from that class ended up with forceps, and werent told anything of substance about it.
Hmm. No, Instagram nor any social media for that matter will not be your friend when it comes to clear, precise information. I can tell you are of a different generation to me and I feel the younger generation need more validation and confirmation than we did. With childcare and babies there can only be general information as each child is different as is each pregnancy. You may get PND with one baby and not with others - it can only be general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
WHY IS SHE LETTING SKANKY SHIRLEY LICK THE BABY AGAIN!!!! I am positive this is how Noa's finger got infected and probably her other ailments too.

I hope Noa is allergic to those mutts and they have to re-home Noa to someone who knows how to care for a baby because these buffoons don't have a clue.

Edited to add: I am not going to back down about my opinion of these revolting dogs. Dogs should never be allowed to lick children, especially new born babies.
Even before I saw this film I suspected those dogs had something g to do with the poor baby’s finger infection! knew it !!!! 🤢

Reactions: 8
I have dogs ( one when mine was a newborn) never did she lick my babies hands/face and whilst I adore my dogs I don’t allow them to lick me all over my face like she does.

I absolutely love dogs and I think her dogs are sweet but I feel uncomfortable seeing dogs lying beside babies and licking them. As much as I loved my dog, you can never 100% trust them not be be reactive and as much as I loved him, he still licked his own ass. The photos of Baxter lying by the bassinet is cute but that's as close as I would let any dog to a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.