Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought today's loved up post about Noa being 3 months old was actually really lovely. Tbh due to colic and feeding issues etc my first six to ten weeks were pretty horrid and I did a load of moaning too and from three to four months on was when I started really enjoying it. I struggle to judge Kate for the money post s tbh. Yes I know her resources and ability to fund a nanny have obviously made life easier but she's still has had a rough ride with Noa so far, with hospital stays and reflux and feeding issues etc. Here's hoping it becomes easier and happier for them all from now....

Ps those of you slating her for having a nanny and then pumping anyway....if your child doesn't feed from you for whatever reason in a particular period, you can become engorged and it hurts. My best mate had terrible mastitis. When she came to my wedding when her baby was nine months old she had to go and pump and dump in a side room so her mastitis didn't flare up!

Reactions: 10
I feel like someone could have written it for her, or it’s even what a therapist has pointed out is lovely about her child and she’s regurgitated it.
I also absolutely hate that the help that is given to breastfeeding mothers is ‘just stick a bottle on them’, you wouldn’t have trouble with bottle feeding and immediately say ‘stick a boob in them, easier’, but she’s causing herself so much stress and she wants to go out alone with bodge and can’t pump a lot, maybe she should give it up

Reactions: 9
So she would never body shame (apart from laughing about her fiance's 'dad bod' to 200k people but she will food shame or at least ridicule her MIL's diet. Is that any worse ?

Reactions: 7
Her MIL has the same facial structure as Kate. If I didn't know it was her MIL I'd think it was her own mother.

Reactions: 4
Why is she so obsessed with what her mil is eating? Its clearly not healthy whats shes eating, the woman clearly has some form of an ED so stop using it for likes and content!
OMG you guys on here! From the information we have the MIL does not have any form of eating disorder, she eats different to how British people do. I haven't lived in the UK for some 25 years but really your ignorance is astounding. She is eating a healthy well rounded diet. It may not be presented how YOU would eat it but that does not make it odd in any way. This morning I ate a banana, a handful of blue berries and some instant oats, now I could have mixed it all together to make baked oats but I could be arsed! Am I odd? No! Get over it- you're no better than Kate who is clearly surprised her mother in law eats at all!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
She talks to her mother in law like she's patronising a child with hearing difficulties- why is she so rude and loud! I bet her MIL is on Gransnet complaining about her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel like someone could have written it for her, or it’s even what a therapist has pointed out is lovely about her child and she’s regurgitated it.
I also absolutely hate that the help that is given to breastfeeding mothers is ‘just stick a bottle on them’, you wouldn’t have trouble with bottle feeding and immediately say ‘stick a boob in them, easier’, but she’s causing herself so much stress and she wants to go out alone with bodge and can’t pump a lot, maybe she should give it up
100% agree. The post appears scripted. Which is a shame as she is clearly trying. In my opinion, she needs to be honest as opposed to the complaining/goddess approach she is taking. She put too much of Noa's early days out in the public domain, especially how SHE was suffering and she has been criticised heavily for it and now, Noa is bigger and easier to care for, she is trying to back peddle and quickly.

With regards to the advice mothers are given; to be honest it is usually from people like myself who when faced with boobs not working as I thought they should, the moment I gave my babies a bottle my life improved massively. I am not someone who wants to be a martyr and healthy, happy and content baby was good enough for me. Clearly, Kate is pumping for another reason, it really is pointless if nothing is coming out in 20 mins of pumping then Noa won't do any better. Fed is best in this case as clearly the BF journey for Kate has been dreadful.

Reactions: 5
Really nice to see the new post and the outpouring of love for Noa. Obviously not sure about the ‘she’s got HERSELF into a routine’ and the ‘how distraught she would be without US comforting and nurturing her’ (unless of course they are including Siobhan in the ‘us’ they refer to) but overall, it looks like things are finally falling into place and she’s starting to accept Motherhood for what it is ❤

I hope she uses her platform to highlight that the ‘mental and physical affects of Motherhood’ she’s promised to talk more about later happen to all of us and she doesn’t try to dress it up as she only suffered because of Noa’s infections in the early days or giving birth during Covid or not being able to see family in lockdown. It would be really damaging to people who have struggled being a new Mum to hear that she only struggled because of those things. Not trying to pre-empt her narrative, but it sounds like the sort of thing she would do - blame the fact that she found it hard on her circumstances rather than accepting that it is just bloody difficult and not everything comes easy to her.

Reactions: 1
OMG you guys on here! From the information we have the MIL does not have any form of eating disorder, she eats different to how British people do. I haven't lived in the UK for some 25 years but really your ignorance is astounding. She is eating a healthy well rounded diet. It may not be presented how YOU would eat it but that does not make it odd in any way. This morning I ate a banana, a handful of blue berries and some instant oats, now I could have mixed it all together to make baked oats but I could be arsed! Am I odd? No! Get over it- you're no better than Kate who is clearly surprised her mother in law eats at all!
Sorry but I totally disagree and I am certainly not ignorant! My daughter has struggled with an eating disorder for years and I have met with many dieticians over the last 6 years and what she eats is not a “healthy well rounded diet”

Sorry but I totally disagree and I am certainly not ignorant! My daughter has struggled with an eating disorder for years and I have met with many dieticians over the last 6 years and what she eats is not a “healthy well rounded diet”
From what we are being shown. But she said she eats fish and chicken, lots of fruit and vegetables and even gluten free pizza - what's the issue?

I don't see the hoo-ha.

Edited to add: Plus she eats a mix of 5 cereals with non dairy milk every day for breakfast. That is well rounded to me.

Reactions: 5
From what we are being shown. But she said she eats fish and chicken, lots of fruit and vegetables and even gluten free pizza - what's the issue?

I don't see the hoo-ha.

Edited to add: Plus she eats a mix of 5 cereals with non dairy milk every day for breakfast. That is well rounded to me.
From what she said she eats in a day adds up to about 800 calories or there about, she showed the salmon she ate the other day and it was quite small so I very much doubt the cereal is going to be a huge amount.

From what she said she eats in a day adds up to about 800 calories or there about, she showed the salmon she ate the other day and it was quite small so I very much doubt the cereal is going to be a huge amount.
But you don't know. She eats like my mother who was a vegan because she had so many food intolerances that an organic vegetable diet was best for her.

The cheese 'Sue' had on her rice/corn cakes the other day was lactose free, she had a gluten free pizza base at Kate's birthday cook-out, she mentioned she only eats organic and ethically produced food. To me it seems she has several food intolerances and is being exploited by Kate for content.

Maybe you and I are putting our personal experiences onto this woman that we don't know anything about and really she shouldn't be discussed so negatively. I don't get the impression she is a willing participant in the Kate tit Show.

Reactions: 8
But you don't know. She eats like my mother who was a vegan because she had so many food intolerances that an organic vegetable diet was best for her.

The cheese 'Sue' had on her rice/corn cakes the other day was lactose free, she had a gluten free pizza base at Kate's birthday cook-out, she mentioned she only eats organic and ethically produced food. To me it seems she has several food intolerances and is being exploited by Kate for content.

Maybe you and I are putting our personal experiences onto this woman that we don't know anything about and really she shouldn't be discussed so negatively. I don't get the impression she is a willing participant in the Kate tit Show.
I agree Kate should not be using what her MIL eats for content.

I think we should leave the MIL and her eating habits out of this, she looks fine and some people just eat things differently. For example I’d much rather munch separately on raw carrots than have them cooked as part of a roast, doesn’t mean I have an eating disorder, I just prefer the taste and crunch of raw carrots by themselves. We can’t speculate simply from seeing the stories Kate posts.

• Heart
100% agree. The post appears scripted. Which is a shame as she is clearly trying. In my opinion, she needs to be honest as opposed to the complaining/goddess approach she is taking. She put too much of Noa's early days out in the public domain, especially how SHE was suffering and she has been criticised heavily for it and now, Noa is bigger and easier to care for, she is trying to back peddle and quickly.

With regards to the advice mothers are given; to be honest it is usually from people like myself who when faced with boobs not working as I thought they should, the moment I gave my babies a bottle my life improved massively. I am not someone who wants to be a martyr and healthy, happy and content baby was good enough for me. Clearly, Kate is pumping for another reason, it really is pointless if nothing is coming out in 20 mins of pumping then Noa won't do any better. Fed is best in this case as clearly the BF journey for Kate has been dreadful.
If she wants to carry on breastfeeding, she should be fully supported in that decision. I don’t think she does, and it appears to be pushing her bonding with her daughter in a bad direction.
Fed is great, informed is best, if you want to carry on you should be given all the tools to help you. But she won’t stick to only feeding from boob or pumping regularly as she wants sleep, wants to leave noa, wants to carry on her life

I think we should leave the MIL and her eating habits out of this, she looks fine and some people just eat things differently. For example I’d much rather munch separately on raw carrots than have them cooked as part of a roast, doesn’t mean I have an eating disorder, I just prefer the taste and crunch of raw carrots by themselves. We can’t speculate simply from seeing the stories Kate posts.
but its ok to speculate about how kate is with Noa from seeing the stories kate posts? 🤦🏼‍♀️

I just think it's so rude not to let people eat in peace, especially if they've got issues with food. She was filming Boj eating saus and mash other week and making rude comments. Stupid witch.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.