Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Constantly trying to generate engagement.

The Negligent Prats of Instagram?
Utter bleeping embarrassment. Look at how cool and zany we are. We're not just boring parents. Oh and by the way Kate and Martin 👋 the pair of you giggling in bed at 11pm whilst your child is downstairs with a stranger* makes you look like teenagers that just got out of looking after the family pet.
I say stranger* because by this point Noa probably sees her as a part time mum. Seeing those videos of Kate singing in her face, I wouldn't be surprised if Noa cheers up when the night nanny arrives 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You can’t deny it’s sad that Noa is forming a loving bond with a night nanny as a brand new little baby 😢 it should be her mummy’s smell and touch; further down the line maybe but right now that bonding is so important. She has three parents. Yet one of them isn’t her parent or even related to her. It’s sad. I know that might sound mean of me but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions. I just don’t think it’s right and she will form a bond with a night nanny who won’t be around forever 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 16
You can’t deny it’s sad that Noa is forming a loving bond with a night nanny as a brand new little baby 😢 it should be her mummy’s smell and touch; further down the line maybe but right now that bonding is so important. She has three parents. Yet one of them isn’t her parent or even related to her. It’s sad. I know that might sound mean of me but I guess we are all entitled to our opinions. I just don’t think it’s right and she will form a bond with a night nanny who won’t be around forever 😢
She might be around forever, it’s not like she’s there out of the goodness of her heart. She’s being paid and getting promoted on insta, she won’t be going anywhere

Reactions: 5
I'm really conflicted by Kate and Boj. I had absolutely hideous pnd - panic attacks, severe anxiety, couldn't sleep even my son was sleeping, completely overwhelmed by the change in my life and also by the guilt that I couldn't manage. Guilt that I wasn't coping. Guilt that I hadn't taken to motherhood like I 'should'.
I would have snapped a night doula's hand off if I could have afforded it! But then I'd have immediately tried to sleep but not been able to because of guilt.
Part of me thinks Kate is suffering pnd which is truly awful. But then I'm confused because she seems happy enough and doesn't seem to feel guilty when she's out without noa or in bed when the doula is there.
If she has pnd it would explain some of the things I'm seeing but on the other hand, some of the things I'm seeing don't really fit my experience of pnd (I couldn't switch off my anxiety etc when he wasn't there - I felt even more anxious and guilty because I should have been with him being a better mum).
I'm trying not to judge too much because pnd was the most awful time for me and I still feel guilty 17 years later! Maybe she's just better at hiding her feelings..... (trying to give the benefit of the doubt here 😬)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
New to this thread - What do they both work as? I didn’t think she was still relevant int he celeb world so wondering how she makes her ££. Is he well off?

Reactions: 2
When my babies were newborns if I had the money to pay for help 3 times a week I would have got a home help person in to do the cleaning/washing/errands, that way I could just focus on the kids and not worry about the other jobs. Surely that's much better than giving someone else your baby over night when neither of you go out to work?!

Reactions: 38
When my babies were newborns if I had the money to pay for help 3 times a week I would have got a home help person in to do the cleaning/washing/errands, that way I could just focus on the kids and not worry about the other jobs. Surely that's much better than giving someone else your baby over night when neither of you go out to work?!
absolutely, it was the pressure of keeping the house tidy and doing the school run for my step son and cooking dinner etc that got me down. If I could have just sat guilt free feeding and cuddling my baby and napping then it would have been so much better.

Reactions: 15
I don’t see her posting so much now .... maybe management have had a word! That post about the stat mat pay paying for a doula some mums have to live on that alone and still struggle, yes you can afford a doula I’m not jealous of that at all but don’t dare try to point out you only get ‘stat maternity’ as if poor Kate...

Reactions: 12
I don’t see her posting so much now .... maybe management have had a word! That post about the stat mat pay paying for a doula some mums have to live on that alone and still struggle, yes you can afford a doula I’m not jealous of that at all but don’t dare try to point out you only get ‘stat maternity’ as if poor Kate...
I think she’s got a proper social media team on board now too, which is why when she does post it’s asking questions etc to boost her engagement.

I used to enjoy her insta pre baby, but there’s been a definite change (aside from the weird behaviour and un-loving posts about Noa... which she’s seemingly making a forced effort to change.)

I’m also sick to the back teeth of hearing about her tits and milk flow, but this fits the ‘insta mum’ persona so she’ll undoubtedly keep this up 🥱

Reactions: 11
I'm sure I read somewhere she wants at least four kids. Heres a tip Kate. Dont bother

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think she’s got a proper social media team on board now too, which is why when she does post it’s asking questions etc to boost her engagement.

I used to enjoy her insta pre baby, but there’s been a definite change (aside from the weird behaviour and un-loving posts about Noa... which she’s seemingly making a forced effort to change.)

I’m also sick to the back teeth of hearing about her tits and milk flow, but this fits the ‘insta mum’ persona so she’ll undoubtedly keep this up 🥱
I recently unfollowed her, having been a follower for a long time. Her content seems so engineered now, it's really put me off. All the little 'quirks' she has that I originally found funny - like the 'BRILLIENNNT' 'Disgustanggg' and the 'yes or no, yes or no yes or no' whilst zooming in on her face, I now find SO overdone. Time for some new lines Kate! It was actually another 'yes or no yes or no' zoom story that prompted me to unfollow 😂

That and how it seems like the only time she talks about Noa is to complain, like the poor baby can't do anything 'right'. I'm looking to start a family in the next year or so I found her constant negativity of being a new mother hard to listen - I'm incredibly worried about PND, not being able to bond with my baby and how hard I'll find it having a new born with a partner who works 12 hour shifts and a family that lives on the other side the world and just found her stories exacerbate my worries. I do appreciate mothers being honest and upfront about their experiences with PND, etc, but with Kate there's just TOO much negativity - she only seems to show any happiness/joy/excitement when she's without Noa.

Reactions: 14
Agree. Even taking Noa out of the equation her instragram has definitely changed. They used to seem very natural in stories now it looks very orchestrated.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, so mother in law clearly has an ED as well. Can anyone actually believe that was her dinner? It's not funny at all. And she may be in your bubble Kate but as this is the first time we've seen her around yours, I can guess why she's there.

Reactions: 8
You can have a child care bubble and a support bubble if baby under 1 I think so they will prob try and use that excuse. Although they technically shouldn’t need childcare at this age as noa has barely emerged from the womb

Reactions: 3
Just to say - everyones experience of PND is different. I found myself desperate to switch off from being Mum, wanting to escape the responsibility and resentment. It shows in so many ways.

Reactions: 13
You can have a child care bubble and a support bubble if baby under 1 I think so they will prob try and use that excuse. Although they technically shouldn’t need childcare at this age as noa has barely emerged from the womb
Child care bubble is while the parent is at work. My mum is my childcare and she leaves as soon as I arrive home, and I can’t see her any other time inside! You have to actually go to work!

If the mum and sister live together that could be their under 1 bubble. Who knows anymore

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.