Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a baby for someone else - It can work. But only once you accept it, and learn to embrace it.

Reactions: 2
I complain about aspects of parenting sometimes.
Doesn’t make me a tit parent.
I know I’m lucky to have my children, and I know that there are millions of people that would absolutely love the opportunity to be able to complain about the things that I complain about.
That doesn’t change the fact that sometimes I’m not down for being 100% on it.
We see what she shows us. Yes, she seems to have a lot of time away from Noa, and it’s not the route I went down, but loads of people do choose that. I know of people who bottle fed from the off, which enabled them to have their baby stay overnight at their grandparents house right from the off. There are people who are up for a night out a fortnight after they give birth.
Are we labelling them tit too?
If they want to promote their bad parenting all over social media for half a million people and then go on to complain about it - yeah - if the hat fits..

• Wow
Reactions: 11
If they want to promote their bad parenting all over social media for half a million people and then go on to complain about it - yeah - if the hat fits..
ok. Interesting.
For the record, I don’t think it does make anyone a tit parent.
but you might want to take a look at your comparison. Because she went out on a night out when her baby was 12 days old.
Using the grief of parents to make a point about someone else’s parenting is gross.

Reactions: 21
Maybe it’s not a ‘fair’ comparison but I can see why the comparison has been made. For anyone who has been following both Kate and the parents of azaylia the difference is so clear. Everytime Azaylias parents have posted it has shown strength, love and how they have stayed so positive throughout at the hardest of times. In contrast, Kate and boj would complain about every little thing of what is just normal newborn behaviour despite having help 3 times a week. For me it’s not even about them having a night nanny it’s the way Kate talks about Noa. When she says things like she’s refusing her boobs she makes it sound like Noa is doing it on purpose or to be spiteful or something, not just that she is a tiny baby who is just confused. Even when she does post loving things about Noa it just comes across as like she is just saying the things she ‘should’ be saying about her.

I just think the comparison has been made because maybe the OP has seen these two stories play out alongside each other that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can see why the comparison was made too. It’s two sets of parents posting, and one set seems genuinely deep in love; they’d move heaven and earth for their daughter....and the other set...well, jump at any chance to be apart from her.

Reactions: 15
But the comparaison is of parents with a healthy child, and parents with a terminally ill child.
If my in laws wanted my healthy children for a sleepover this weekend, I would have packed their trunkiebefore they finished asking the question.
If my child was terminally ill? Not a bloody chance.
We don’t know how either would have parented if the shoe was on the other foot.
It’s basically saying that they wouldn’t give a tit if their child died, because they spend time away from her.
i don’t get the need.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The comparison implies that if the shoe was on the other foot, Kate and Boj would not behave in the same way.
No it doesn’t. The comparison was between 2 families, one who has been very loving and positive and one who has complained about every little thing. That’s doesn’t mean that the person who compared them thinks that Kate wouldn’t care if her baby died. That’s disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Kate needs to shut up complaining and get on with being a Mother to Noa. Kate is not a teenage Mum who is young and naive, she is a 40 year old woman and should have realised that having a child would change everything.
Yes we are all guilty of having the odd moan and whinge about our child but she needs to read the room now and realise how lucky she is and wind her neck in a bit.
I agree with the others when she places the blame on Noa for refusing the boob but that poor little baby doesn’t know what’s going on, I question the Doula/night nanny’s ability as surely she should be advising Kate on why she is struggling to feed Noa.
Kate needs to stop the 4am Insta stories, no one gives a tit and get on with it. You’re not the first woman to have a baby and won’t be the last.

Reactions: 27
No it doesn’t. The comparison was between 2 families, one who has been very loving and positive and one who has complained about every little thing. That’s doesn’t mean that the person who compared them thinks that Kate wouldn’t care if her baby died. That’s disgusting.
I find the whole comparison disgusting.
Parents with a healthy child act differently than parents with a terminally ill child - what a shock! I’m bowing out of the conversation regarding the grief of those parents and the loss of the baby, the use of them to make a point makes me want to go take a shower.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Parents with a healthy child act differently than parents with a terminally ill child - what a shock! I’m bowing out of the conversation regarding the grief of those parents and the loss of the baby, the use of them to make a point makes me want to go take a shower.
I think you’re twisting the words of the original poster. Kate and Boj are palming their child off to anyone who will have her. Not just for the odd few hours here and there, it’s 3 nights a week, every week since Noa was born.
They have had this baby, they need to grow up and start looking after her. They are coming across like they regret having her and resent her for changing their lives and they are actively pushing against this, which is causing Noa confusion. At the moment, there is a poor family who were dealing with a terminally ill child and now her passing.
When people are following both families, you can’t help but feel pissed off with Kate and Boj and feel they are so selfish towards their child.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I follow a few 'celebrity' mums and Kate's behaviour is so 'off' compared to others from who I see pure love for their newborns. I feel sorry for little Noa, she obviously doesn't know what's happening from one hour to the next. She needs stability and constant care from the mummy who has brought her into this world and her daddy who so longed for a child.
Like ive said before, maybe PND could be behind it all, but that doesn't call for a doula 3 nights a week so they can then lie in bed chuckling that they are still awake at gone 11.

Reactions: 12
If you want to make a direct comparison, let’s look at when Baby A was first diagnosed and and received treatment. (They later ‘rang the bell’ but, alas, it wasn’t to be and the leukaemia returned) The parents of Baby A spent many nights in hospital with their child and not ONCE did they post about how tired they were. I read every post about that poor child and the parents never made it about themselves and at this point they did not know the disease was terminal.

Kate’s baby was admitted to hospital 3 times in the first few weeks of her life and on EVERY SINGLE update, we got “I’m exhausted and need to sleep” “I just want to go home” (I am quoting her posts verbatim here). Even when she said “the doctors think we might be able to go home” she had to throw in a quick “I’m so tired” at the end.

And THAT right there is your comparison.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If you want to make a direct comparison, let’s look at when Baby A was first diagnosed and and received treatment. (They later ‘rang the bell’ but, alas, it wasn’t to be and the leukaemia returned) The parents of Baby A spent many nights in hospital with their child and not ONCE did they post about how tired they were. I read every post about that poor child and the parents never made it about themselves and at this point they did not know the disease was terminal.

Kate’s baby was admitted to hospital 3 times in the first few weeks of her life and on EVERY SINGLE update, we got “I’m exhausted and need to sleep” “I just want to go home” (I am quoting her posts verbatim here). Even when she said “the doctors think we might be able to go home” she had to throw in a quick “I’m so tired” at the end.

And THAT right there is your comparison.
it can be your comparison, but like I said, not one I’m willing to make

Reactions: 9
They are just a joke. They aren’t endearing, they arent entertaining, they don’t create any feeling in me now other than irritation.

Reactions: 16
I’ve been blocked cause I suggested a reason as to why Noa may be rejecting her boobs, or Phil and Grant as she calls them.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.