Kate Garraway #3 No respect for privacy of others, trip to Mexico kept undercovers!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I detest people who moan about the NHS and not getting care paid for, whilst not paying their taxes, like us mere mortals.

Geri Halliwell was another one, said she left the Spice Girls as they would not allow her to promote breast cancer care or the like... Then she fcuked off abroad to avoid paying her taxes.

Mike Jagger was another one....so many wealthy famous people do this.

Reactions: 27
Hold the phone....
View attachment 2843794
Is she trying to say Chuck indirectly gave Covid to Derek? I mean, why mention him otherwise? She was probably in contact with hundreds of people between then and Derek first getting symptoms, drawing a connection to Charles is ridiculous.

It's the "around 29/30th" that gets me too. Surely you would have committed the date your husband was taken seriously ill/your life changed to memory?

And seriously? Calling fuckin' Quack Hilary Jones, and not Derek's GP or NHS 111?

The level of "woe is me" in this timeline is crazy. Stole car, flooded home, and God forbid - no Christmas food delivery slots. Fuckin' hell!

He was in hospital between April 2020 and May 2021....so a whole twelve months in hospital....not needing paid care at home..... :unsure: Along with various extended stays cross the following two years. So how'd they amass that £800k debt, exactly?

Claiming Derek would die within three days if he was left to care for himself.....Babe, there are people out there who would die within 24 hours who cannot get the care they need properly funded because of folks who like to avoid paying the taxman. Folks who survive hour to hour only due to the non-stop dedication of their family members. Get a grip!

Apparently she was "determined to pay back" whatever she owed to HMRC.....in May 2023.....yet nine months later the papers keep reporting she still owes the money and then she's suddenly also in staggering debt for care? I know HMRC like to dick about, but are we really supposed to believe the debt hasn't been addressed for almost a year, when they charge staggering interest on anything owed?

Not a single mention of Mexico anywhere.

Why do all the "facts" not seem to marry up with the stories she's given?

Sounds like a stroke from that description.

Reactions: 16
If Kate and Derek owe £700k in tax, then that means their company had enough profits to be due to pay that tax. If not, get an accountant to sort it out. They appeared to have pulled all the profits out.

The rest of us PAYE workers pay our tax at sourse. Our taxes go towards the NHS and we all contributed towards Derek's care with our taxes.

I once worked for myself and put an amount aside each month to cover my tax.

Kate and Derek strike me as people who lived well beyond their means, and never budgeted..

Plus her house is an absolute tip....it shows they were very disorganised (with house and finances) ...maybe Stacey Soloman will be popping round??

Reactions: 26
If Kate and Derek owe £700k in tax, then that means their company had enough profits to be due to pay that tax. If not, get an accountant to sort it out. They appeared to have pulled all the profits out.

The rest of us PAYE workers pay our tax at sourse. Our taxes go towards the NHS and we all contributed towards Derek's care with our taxes.
The state of the house had me in shock when I saw it. I feel sorry for the children living in such chaos, hardly an oasis of calm for any of the residents. She doesn’t work full time, Derek spent large periods of time in hospital and when he was at home he had carers. She’s a dirty, lazy person.

Kate and Derek strike me as people who lived well beyond their means, and never budgeted..

Plus her house is an absolute tip....it shows they were very disorganised (with house and finances) ...maybe Stacey Soloman will be popping round??

Think Kate & Derek have had enough freebies. Kate should be put her energies into getting the house tidied up and market ready as she should be selling it to repay the debt. Her poor kids living in such a pigsty and the shame they must feel about it. The absolute cheek of Kate wringing her hands about the care provision in the UK when it is US who have been paying into the system. Yes, the care provision in the country is woeful, but it isn’t going to improve whilst slebs don’t pay their taxes.

Reactions: 24
I detest people who moan about the NHS and not getting care paid for, whilst not paying their taxes, like us mere mortals.

Geri Halliwell was another one, said she left the Spice Girls as they would not allow her to promote breast cancer care or the like... Then she fcuked off abroad to avoid paying her taxes.

Mike Jagger was another one....so many wealthy famous people do this.
Yeah - the celebs used to come to Ireland in the 80s and spend a certain amount of time here to avoid paying tax in Britain. We had a special favourable artists tax.

Reactions: 12
I can see Garraway annoying the wrong person who has some clout high up in the media. Then they'll start investigating both her and Derek. It wouldn't suprise me if they then dedicated a whole paper to it

She knows exactly what she is doing l, but bit by bit she's becoming more cocky. The house being a tit tip plays into the poor Kate narrative where as it is down to living like pigs.

The whole second home should have been enough for people to go "hang on a minute" Mexico obviously went tits up. She's not skint, wouldn't know what that was like if it hit her in the face

Derek couldn't have consented to the majority of what happened. I do however think the poor Derek narrative has been spun so the general public forget how much of an hole he was before marrying Garraway and probably still was before he contracted COVID

Reactions: 25
MS unfortunately runs in my family, so I've seen and heard a lot about the various treatments, both trialed/NHS approved and experimental. It's understandable that people want to seek help for degenerative diseases, and ones that have been studied for decades.

But madame has claimed it's Covid complications that had Derek in that state (don't believe it myself) and not even 'long Covid', so I'm not sure how many legitimate studies are going on into helping people in Derek's condition. Especially since millions had Covid and we've not heard of anyone else being in his state.

So I have a lot of questions about what this treatment was and how it was suitable for "Covid complications". Seems more likely to me that the poor guy had a stroke at some point and that the treatments were aimed to improve quality of life. However, she's sticking with the Covid angle because that's what's getting her in the papers.
---

Chatting tit, as per! "I promise you I won't let you down and will harness that kindest, without anger or blaming, to try and make some real change. "

witch you've had FOUR YEARS to make real change, and you've done nothing but line your own pockets and bask in the limelight off the back of your husband being ill.

She's literally got Derek's black book with dozens of numbers of politicians and high profile celebs who could all do a Marcus Rashford (etc) and make a stink on social media and bring about some real changes to benefit normal people, but she's not bothered her arse to make any waves at all, and I would put money on us being here this time next year with her still having done jack tit for anyone but herself.

Going on TV for a 10 minute segment and spending 9 minutes of it blarting on about your own struggles and 1 minute saying how hard it is for carers hasn't helped so far, and it's not going to help going forward either. We can all sit around talking about it. Someone with connections needs to step up and make noise - she has the platform, but she seemingly can't be bothered to use it.

duck her!
Just my personal opinion. I think Derek did had covid, long ITU stay and had prolonged periods of very low oxygen saturations which caused some brain damage . It doesn't appear like a stroke to me. Definitely brain damage though.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand the bills she says she has - to be fair, I don’t know the system but is it normal to not pay your bills for private care and yet still get the service? If she has so much owed for it mounted up, she obviously hasn’t paid for a long time…yet his care obviously didn’t stop so I’m confused.

Reactions: 17
I reckon she has a new bloke on the go already and probably has had for a couple of years. Just a feeling

Reactions: 19
I reckon she has a new bloke on the go already and probably has had for a couple of years. Just a feeling
I think that's been mentioned before.
I have a feeling she'll come out with "Derek gave me his blessing"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think that's been mentioned before.
I have a feeling she'll come out with "Derek gave me his blessing"
Is this something people are 'leaking' though or just chat because how would she have time? Also, I'm not sure I blame her if she did have feelings for someone else. You could see how an emotional relationship could occur given her circumstances.

Reactions: 4
She chats absolute rubbish , her house being a tip makes no sense she spends 16k a week on care but cannot afford for a cleaner/housekeeper. She has a hyperbaric oxygen chamber in her house these aren't prescribed by the NHS hardly ever!! Especially so long after his illness. I've worked in brain injuries, I've nursed people in vegetative states and I've never seen one of these at home. She bought it for at least 12k then wastes more money taking him to Mexico!
The CHC funding (I sit in on these) can be tricky unless they have severe behavioral challenges , or very close to end of life or require for example ventilation it's tricky to get. There's not enough money in the pot to fund everyone's care needs. There's in excess of 1 million people living with dementia in the UK that's the scale we are talking about and it's only going to get worse with the ageing population.

Moaning about paying for his pads but buys an oxygen chamber. Shes an idiot

Reactions: 26
Is this something people are 'leaking' though or just chat because how would she have time? Also, I'm not sure I blame her if she did have feelings for someone else. You could see how an emotional relationship could occur given her circumstances.
Well she does seem to have time to continue with her media career in TV and radio, give endless interviews, write books and produce documentaries etc etc. She finds the time for these things which most carers would never be able to contemplate in their wildest dreams as they knuckle down to their daily and nightly workload. A romantic tryst or two could be fitted into her social repertoire maybe?

Reactions: 15
I've also got a strong feeling that she's involved with someone. She gives no outward indication of being recently bereaved, unless she's on a tit load of medication! My maternal instinct would be to give up work for a bit, nurture the kids and try to get back to some level of normal even if it's just moving the house back around and removing traces of Derek's medical needs. Take the kids on holiday, have a few months of just making sure that they are coping. You can't tell me that GMB wouldn't pay her for her.

Reactions: 17
I've also got a strong feeling that she's involved with someone. She gives no outward indication of being recently bereaved, unless she's on a tit load of medication! My maternal instinct would be to give up work for a bit, nurture the kids and try to get back to some level of normal even if it's just moving the house back around and removing traces of Derek's medical needs. Take the kids on holiday, have a few months of just making sure that they are coping. You can't tell me that GMB wouldn't pay her for her.
My thoughts too. You’d put the kids first 100%. Even though they had probably got used to the idea Derek wasn’t going to be around for much longer, when the bereavement hits, no amount of preparation can prepare you for the grief.

I wonder if she is waiting for a few weeks so she can milk this for all it is worth, then claim she has had a breakdown or burnout before going on a sponsored holiday (paid for by someone else). On her heavily publicised return after so many weeks/months out comes the next book/tv programme ‘how to recover from burnout’ and ‘how to find love after bereavement’. And so it continues

Reactions: 12
I know it's possible to put on a fake smile for the paps etc but it's the grins we are seeing in the DM, and also having Elton John etc at the funeral. That didn't strike me as very grieving. Obviously grief impacts people in different ways but I think she'd already reconciled a lot of it in her head before his passing, tbh. 4 years is a long time. I kind of understand but it doesn't make it right.

Reactions: 14
One of the things that pisses me off the most about this witch's grift....if that ACTUAL carers are praising her.

I'm a member of a few carer's groups online (Facebook and what not) and I'm absolutely staggered by how many people are sharing articles about her and gassing her up. I'm sorry, but people who believe she's helping need their bloody heads checked! And people who are actually struggling in caring roles banging the drum to support her just makes me sick!

It's like they're all hanging on her next word to see what she does to help "fix" things, but we know already that she'll do absolutely jack tit! She's had four years to campaign for changes and improvements but all she's done is promote herself off the back of her sick husband in the name of carers. That's not going to change now Derek is dead and she's free to go back to a normal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11