Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you’re working 7hrs a day 7 days a week for no pay, you’re in the wrong job.

Reactions: 12
If you’re working 7hrs a day 7 days a week for no pay, you’re in the wrong job.
I’d certainly be taking a long, hard look at my options if it were me.

Given that we haven’t actually seen a screenshot of the message, it’s hard to be sure what’s going on, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the bottom had dropped out of the market for her work. It happens to people in all walks of life (miners, dock workers), why not influencers?

Reactions: 5
That message just exposes how fake these accounts are. Pre Covid, Kat and the other instamums would be doing stories which were badged as friendly daily updates from pals. Now it’s suddenly 7 hours a week of work.

It absolutely demonstrates that the whole fake ‘I’m your mate’ persona is fully part of their strategy to sell you things you don’t need whilst being gifted things they can easily afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel mean saying that now, but it’s a risky ‘career’ anyway, isn’t it? I’d say all but a very few of these mum fashion/ influencers started out because they had the time & money to show off online because they didn’t need to work. I do an insecure self-employed job but if it didn’t work out I’d get a job. I can only do this as my husband has a good full time job (for now!).

Reactions: 6
It absolutely demonstrates that the whole fake ‘I’m your mate’ persona is fully part of their strategy to sell you things you don’t need whilst being gifted things they can easily afford.
Exactly.

First they are your BFF, then you start to compare your life to theirs and find your life wanting.

Perhaps you should order the jumper, get the Botox, book the cruise, and I dunno, buy the margarine?!

• Haha
As with most Influencers: the fame and glory come top priority (not through hard work, just right time/right place and pulling the wool over people's eyes), then the freebies and then a dribble of cold hard cash.

Reactions: 3
If she’s struggling it’s because the cold reality of just how shallow her life was pre lockdown has sunk in. It’s the keyworkers that keep the world going, not wealthy influencers who spend their days swanning around #gifted brunches, beauty treatments, boozy lunches and luxury overnight stays.

Reactions: 9
If she’s struggling it’s because the cold reality of just how shallow her life was pre lockdown has sunk in. It’s the keyworkers that keep the world going, not wealthy influencers who spend their days swanning around #gifted brunches, beauty treatments, boozy lunches and luxury overnight stays.
Agreed: Adding absolutely nothing to 90% of the population.

It’s the longest she’s been home with her children and husband for the last year or so. She’s usually swanning off on ‘press trips’ (snort) on cruises with that other vapid instahun stylemum.

Reactions: 7
It’s the longest she’s been home with her children and husband for the last year or so. She’s usually swanning off on ‘press trips’ (snort) on cruises with that other vapid instahun stylemum.
Forgot about StyleMum (easily done) she had a big fall out with her close friend when she started hanging out with Kat and buying followers.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Do you think she’ll change her name to does my bum look 50? When that time comes... she is nearer 50 than 40...

• Haha
In all of this (COVID) it makes you realise how few Influencers make real cash? I unfolled Kat last year after her 2nd or 3rd cruise. A freebie, without any cash incentive. Kat had to beg or borrow new dresses for the cruise. Kat had to pay a Nanny to parent her children. Kat missed another 5 days with her children. There is no incentive. The only influencers that seem to make real money - not goods - are the ones with book deals. Most of the free goods - unless a full food shop - are of no use to a family income.

This just shoes how identikit these women are. This popped up as an ad in my feed, it's not Kat, just someone who looks almost identical.
Screenshot_20200506-092410-compressed.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Someone needs a reality check. People are dying and she's moaning about Zoom. Kat, if you read here, there are some things that it's ok to think in your head, to yourself, but perhaps it's not best to put them out there on your business public platform.

It's not like she even needs the money anyway! It's just sheer greed.
Excuse me?! Kat has TWO large mortgages to service.

I think she has been making a very tidy sum in cold hard cash on top of free goods and services. All the gifted stuff frees up her and husband’s income, plus she is paid to advertise. No other reason she’d be spreading bread with margarine on her feed!

I know there have been other poor fit campaigns but can’t think of them - the margarine was a proper low point. I was disappointed to see Kate from WearsMyMoney set up an amazon shop and not label it an ad or affiliate, as I’m sure she’d receive affiliate payments.

In all of this (COVID) it makes you realise how few Influencers make real cash? I unfolled Kat last year after her 2nd or 3rd cruise. A freebie, without any cash incentive. Kat had to beg or borrow new dresses for the cruise. Kat had to pay a Nanny to parent her children. Kat missed another 5 days with her children. There is no incentive. The only influencers that seem to make real money - not goods - are the ones with book deals. Most of the free goods - unless a full food shop - are of no use to a family income.
a lot of them get paid as well as the freebies. They negotiate deals to get cash "for their time promoting"

The top ones will be easily earning 6 figure sums in cash from all the ads and paid partnerships. Most of their luxury holidays/mini-breaks/events are all gifted, as are big household items gifted (sofas, appliances, furniture etc). Obviously the fashion ones are gifted huge quantities of clothes. I sometimes wonder where they keep them all. Maybe they sell them on. In which case more £££! Even food will be covered by partnerships with M&S/Hello Fresh. They don’t really have to fork out for much!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.