Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have no doubt that she wasn't the only one out drinking but it wasnt well thought out at all.

Reactions: 1
Can't get upset about her going into London drinking with friends. Went out drinking with friends myself yesterday. Can't see a big problem unless you're coughing up like a good'un, then yes, exercise caution and stay away from others.

Reactions: 4
I felt really sorry for her kids today. She has been away from them for a few days, writes a post saying she is back with her 'bambinos' , how she is a proud mum watching a video of her son. Cut to 24 hrs later she is calling them arseholes on her stories. I know kids are annoying but it can't be nice for them to watch. She has mentioned that they watch her stories
And then she buggers off to London for a day on the lash with her friends.

She’s mentioned her husband is away in Ireland so I assume the kids are with the nanny, again.

She isn’t maternal. If you meet her you would not know she had children as they are never mentioned.
Nor is her husband. Which is fine in terms of Instagram privacy. But for her, it extends into real life.
She wheels them out when she has a brand to promote or a freebie on offer though.

Reactions: 3
I don’t have a problem with the fact that she went out, but I do think she should have used her common sense to anticipate the negative reaction she would get, given the whole country is on edge, and just not posted the photo. My main annoyance though, is that she can’t ever admit she might be wrong - she’s SO defensive whenever she gets called out on something! Makes me wonder how well she’ll take any criticism on this new TV programme - what will happen if the people being styled don’t like their new outfits?!

I don’t have a problem with the fact that she went out, but I do think she should have used her common sense to anticipate the negative reaction she would get, given the whole country is on edge, and just not posted the photo. My main annoyance though, is that she can’t ever admit she might be wrong - she’s SO defensive whenever she gets called out on something! Makes me wonder how well she’ll take any criticism on this new TV programme - what will happen if the people being styled don’t like their new outfits?!
They won’t say though will they, we are all terribly British and they’ll say it’s lovely even if it’s not.

Glad to see the pay cheques are still rolling in... Excuse me if buying Easter Eggs isn’t currently a huge priority when I’m struggling to buy basic food stuffs.

• Angry
  • Sad
Jesus, that #ad is so crass. Many people struggling to buy any food at the moment, not sure cheesy eggs are a priority for the masses.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
So ridiculous, she’s got no grasp of real life - both she and her husband can easily work from home still both earning a fortune, with no worries about paying the bills over the next few months. The only thing she has to moan about is her kids annoying her and her husband eating the Percy Pigs! 😡

Did you see the video she posted on stories to back up her claim that it was fine to be out? The 'medic' was a podiatrist - you couldn't make it up.

• Haha
I don't cringe at much but Christ she is going to get it for that one. Which person in M&S Marketing, or whichever influencer talent agency said that was a good idea? And even it got thru them how did Kat think that was ok😳

Reactions: 1
I don't cringe at much but Christ she is going to get it for that one. Which person in M&S Marketing, or whichever influencer talent agency said that was a good idea? And even it got thru them how did Kat think that was ok😳
They don’t care. She doesn’t care. Apparently not one person wanted to see anything different on the staged question she posted the other day. But how many people would actually be bothered to tell her what to do or not do (with all that is going on in the world). Don’t pretend you’re providing some light relief when it’s really a paid gig.

Reactions: 9
Can’t stand the amount of adverts she’s posting lately, she reminds me of thehousebuild, tries to hide her obsession better, but leaves a nasty taste at the moment. Worst thing of all is she is seriously wealthy even before instagram so why on earth she’s flogging white co candles is really beyond my comprehension. Why doesn’t she donate the ad money to charity, she’s as rich as Croesus

Reactions: 7
Can’t stand the amount of adverts she’s posting lately, she reminds me of thehousebuild, tries to hide her obsession better, but leaves a nasty taste at the moment. Worst thing of all is she is seriously wealthy even before instagram so why on earth she’s flogging white co candles is really beyond my comprehension. Why doesn’t she donate the ad money to charity, she’s as rich as Croesus
I know, and all hidden behind the guise of ‘people have said they still want some light relief’ 🙄
It really annoyed me the other day when she did an apparent joint charity promotion with Ridley London clothing (I think it was). Promoting that the profit from every pair of pyjamas sold (which SHE was gifted!) will be donated - at first I thought great, until I clicked on the pyjamas just to see what they were like . . . £279!!!!!!! Who the F is spending that on pyjamas ever, let alone right now! So actually, I don’t think a single pair will sell so they won’t have to donate any money. BUT she was also promoting a competition to win some - and funnily you had to follow her and the Ridley page, so I can’t help thinking it was just one big PR stunt?!
(and yes, self-isolation due to being poorly has meant far too much time on Insta this week!!)

Reactions: 8
She’s a knob.

I stopped following her after she flogged margarine, I’ve just gone over to see her posts and she’s as money hungry and as arrogant as ever.

Reactions: 11
DMBL40 is my secret, guilty pleasure, but her most recent ‘comparison is the thief of joy’ post is completely disingenuous.

Her whole business model depends on her followers comparing their lifestyle to her (extremely privileged, frequently gifted, event and holiday heavy) lifestyle, then buying products or services to try and attain her lifestyle.

Tone deaf, Kat.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My friend was the person that prompted the sanctimonious “comparison is the thief of joy “ post. She had sent Ms Farmer a simple question - was her feed now random rants and “quarantinies” ( don’t ask ) or would fashion return. The reply was so ott I really wanted it to be posted so people could see the quite shocking level of arrogance of this woman. She actually ranted at one point about her deeply endlessly prepared intellectually profound content or some such claptrap. This world of influencing has truly ended and will never return - an easy way to separate the wheat from the chaff of life !!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My friend was the person that prompted the sanctimonious “comparison is the thief of joy “ post. She had sent Ms Farmer a simple question - was her feed now random rants and “quarantinies” ( don’t ask ) or would fashion return. The reply was so ott I really wanted it to be posted so people could see the quite shocking level of arrogance of this woman. She actually ranted at one point about her deeply endlessly prepared intellectually profound content or some such claptrap. This world of influencing has truly ended and will never return - an easy way to separate the wheat from the chaff of life !!!
Oh wow! Why do I not feel entirely surprised at that kind of response from Kat though?! 🙄 Would your friend let you post the response here for us to see?

Reactions: 6
Years ago I used to follow her and she used to sometimes post nice homewares (things from Matalan and h&m home) and I suggested she did more of that. She gave me a very short reply, something along the lines of “no! This is a fashion blog” this was when she took photos from her mirror on her landing and long before she was really known by anyone. There was No niceness in her reply... soon after I stopped following or reading the blog.

Here is the candlestick, there was also an oven glove but I can’t find that. Looking back at those early posts I bought lots of things she recommended, I liked her style then, she’s changed so much and I wouldn’t buy anything she likes now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.