JustinScarred

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, if any of these vloggers weren't making money, they wouldn't be doing it. Patreon and other begging are just easy supplements to their you tube income so they don't have to work a part time 'real job.' It's a case of work smarter, not harder. People seem to like to give these vloggers money and gifts and a little sob story gets that cash rolling in.

Reactions: 3
1689612609374.png

People aren't buying his $30 t-shirts now on sale for $25? Lol. I get that making smaller batches of something like t-shirts is more expensive but then why not just use a print on demand company like Spreadshirt? Less profits yes but also wouldn't have piles of merchandise sitting around. Times are a bit tough for a lot of people now.

Reactions: 2
Judging by context, I assume he's responding to a fan's request for him to offer some type of merch?

It is disappointing to see that Justin, who makes some of the most entertaining videos of all the vloggers I watch, seems to be performing among the worst financially. Clearly the YouTube algorithm values quantity over quality.

That said, just because someone is good at something doesn't mean that they can turn that thing into a career. I find it a bit gross when YouTube doesn't quite pay the bills and vloggers resort to e-begging to subsidize their lifestyles of leisure (even more gross when those YouTubers are already sitting on a fortune -- which isn't the case with Justin). As much as I enjoy his content, I feel like it would be more responsible for him to get a "real" job to support his family and dig himself out of debt.
Yes, sorry. I should have included the original comment he was responding to.

IMG_8293.jpeg

If you’re in debt and have no savings it’s time to find another job. Or accept the fact that you’re a starving artist and stop crying about being poor. I have nothing against the guy but when I see crap like this it irritates me.

View attachment 2313928
He was pulling in $50k a year from patreon alone a few years back. That may have dropped/changed by now but it seems like he is just terrible with money or a liar.

Reactions: 3
He’s just put up an IG saying how his dental treatment is going to cost 10k.. give me a break. Always begging and guilt tripping his fans into buying stuff!

Reactions: 6
He never used to beg constantly for money either. He used to hate doing it. Now it’s all his posts and all of his videos.

Something else I’ve noticed that bugs me is his friends (who all have jobs and lives) all help him in anyway they can. Lately they have all been helping get his Midsummer Scream booth ready while he’s doing…something. When he does show up to “help” he either witches about it or pretends to hit them with something.

Also his “oh my god I’m 40” is getting old.

Reactions: 8
Justin is always in “crisis mode.” Ally’s surgery, paying taxes, broken van, dental issues… we get it. That’s just called dealing with real world problems.

Justin is always in “crisis mode.” Ally’s surgery, paying taxes, broken van, dental issues… we get it. That’s just called dealing with real world problems.
I haven't watched Justin in a long time now, but I think I could stomach him if he wasn't complaining all the time. His constant comments about being "broke" have to be a grift. I wonder what they did with the gofundme money that his viewers raised when Ally had her first surgery. He's so creative, and makes really great videos (except for the stuffed rooster and most of his voices he puts on). I don't know much about YouTube payouts, but it seems like he should be making a fairly decent living, but he seems to be very bad with money. It was sometime last year (I think) when he was complaining about being overdrawn in his checking account, but then called his dad to front him some cash so he could by some tiki-related collectables. I think a serious financial advisor would do him some good, but he needs to stop trying to guilt his viewers into giving him money (if that's what he's really doing).

Reactions: 7
I thought they lived in a house. I thought I remembered him setting up the backyard in a vlog. Is it a rental? Are they married yet? I feel like they've been engaged for many years.

I remembered being shocked a few years ago when he went on a road trip with his teenage son. I swear, the son and Ally look like they could be siblings! Even if he's not the custodial parent, I would think Justin would have had to have child support expenses all these years. Maybe the son by now is not considered a minor. But given his apparent financial difficulties, Justin may have to be like the rest of us and enter the work force. Who knows, maybe he can get health care insurance for Ally, and they can finally move on from the endless engagement.

Reactions: 4
I remembered being shocked a few years ago when he went on a road trip with his teenage son. I swear, the son and Ally look like they could be siblings! Even if he's not the custodial parent, I would think Justin would have had to have child support expenses all these years. Maybe the son by now is not considered a minor. But given his apparent financial difficulties, Justin may have to be like the rest of us and enter the work force. Who knows, maybe he can get health care insurance for Ally, and they can finally move on from the endless engagement.
A lot of work provided insurance is crappy now. $5k+ deductible before they pay a cent for anything outside an annual physical. Sadly if she has chronic illness and or requires more expensive surgeries keeping her destitute on paper and on tax payer funded insurance really is the best option for her even if he gets a regular job.

What work is he qualified for? Fast food worker? Disneyland ride attendant? Call center worker?

A lot of work provided insurance is crappy now. $5k+ deductible before they pay a cent for anything outside an annual physical. Sadly if she has chronic illness and or requires more expensive surgeries keeping her destitute on paper and on tax payer funded insurance really is the best option for her even if he gets a regular job.

What work is he qualified for? Fast food worker? Disneyland ride attendant? Call center worker?
Maybe his buddy Bob Gurr can get him a job at Disney in the Imagineer division. Doing maintenance in the Tiki Room.

• Haha
He makes decent videos but what an entitled douchebag he is!

Hey Justin either learn to make it work without whining like a little witch all the time or go find a new job!

Reactions: 7
I wonder if he's ever had the gall to ask Bob Gurr for money? At the very least Justin probably does his "woe is me" act in an attempt to elicit some cash out of Mr. Gurr.

Reactions: 4