Just A Little Build #2 is JustALittleBland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was just too small for the five of them. Insta makes everywhere look a lot bigger than what it really is. Downstairs was a kitchen and living room. Nice kitchen and very oddly put together living room.
It was plenty big, they had open plan living and a separate living room. Large utility and each child had their own bedroom. The one obvious thing they were missing was a home office and at a push a larger play room. But with the space outside they are much more than the average family. I know my own home is smaller, my kids are older yet there are days we dont even use the living room.

Reactions: 5
She does get on my nerves but I have to say I would (if in their financial position) give it a go too. They first viewed the house back in February apparently so they have had 11 months of planning what they are going to do. I’m sure they know what their plan is but just don’t want to share it yet. I agree the house is awful but we all know it’s not what they start with that matters but what they end up with. I see a similar build to Sara Beaney - small country house.

What I do find odd is that she is buying second hand furniture to fill the house (as it’s big you know!). Why? Surely you would just decide which part of the house (and which kitchen) you are going use and stick to that part. You don’t need to furnish the whole damn house. Maybe their previous house wasn’t as big as we thought or they would have more than one sofa wouldntl they?

I am curious as to their plan and will be watching and complaining about it on here 😂

Reactions: 7
It was plenty big, they had open plan living and a separate living room. Large utility and each child had their own bedroom. The one obvious thing they were missing was a home office and at a push a larger play room. But with the space outside they are much more than the average family. I know my own home is smaller, my kids are older yet there are days we dont even use the living room.
Yes, plenty big to many but she was always moaning about how they couldn’t have visitors (then built outside building etc). The square footage was a lot less than what it looked. I think she just got bored.
Anyone asked her why she moved?? Does seem mental.
Lots have asked. Like with all insta wannabes there’s never a straight answer.

Reactions: 5
Also no one in their right mind eats outside this time year. Another reason I think MIL doesn’t live with them it was just them attempting to reduce covid risk by being outside but still breaking lockdown rules so she had to lie

Reactions: 14
Maybe the reason for moving was a fresh start? There was lots of ‘carrot dangling’ about the ‘mystery illness’ and ‘bad year’.

Also no one in their right mind eats outside this time year. Another reason I think MIL doesn’t live with them it was just them attempting to reduce covid risk by being outside but still breaking lockdown rules so she had to lie
You’ve actually hit the nail right on the head. My word, she’s very sneaky... clearly thinks everyone is so dumb

Reactions: 9
I think it was maybe to take the mil in. Maybe she sold up to helped them buy.

Reactions: 2
They will definitely knock it down and build new. I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable. They can afford to so why not? (But agree she should stop making out like it’s so bloody stressful when she chose all of this). Their last house wasn’t that big, as the kids grow it’s not unreasonable to want more space if you can afford it 🤷🏼‍♀️

I hope someone reports them for the MIL 😂

Reactions: 6
The fact they aren’t even certain what they want to do it with it yet just makes me think they have bitten off more than they can chew. I can only assume the goal is self build as I can’t see what else you do with those buildings
They've been negotiating the sale since last Feb, don't tell me, at that cost, you wouldn't know exactly what you were doing with every inch! More BS from SJ

Reactions: 10
They've been negotiating the sale since last Feb, don't tell me, at that cost, you wouldn't know exactly what you were doing with every inch! More BS from SJ
Must’ve had a fall out mid way through for it to go on the market in July. Maybe that’s the ‘difficult year’ reference. FIL must be there as well. They’re very well hidden though 🤣

I think they’re having a midlife crisis.... this house is the ugliest and weirdest building I’ve ever seen! Very intrigued to see what they’re going to do other than bulldoze it and rebuild

Reactions: 8
What else could they have done with their old house?! Everything was either grey or blue. She had run out of home projects and being an ‘interior designer’ or whatever she claims to be, she’s no way of showcasing her ideas to her gormless sheep followers. Cue massive project that’s well out of her depth.

I’m not buying it that the MIL is living there at all tbh. Think she was just trying to explain a way a rule break. Never mentioned before that she’s there and never been in background supervising the kids etc.
I get what you are saying but wouldn’t it just have been easier for her to post a photo without MIL in it 🤔

I know people describe her previous house as beautiful and I did think it had a curb appeal. Stunning on the outside and lovely property but on inside personally I felt it was so bland and lacked personality. The kitchen standard, nothing you’ve not seen in a glossy home magazine and I find her taste in furniture rather bland. I feel that she thinks she has a great taste rather then does actually have.
Her bedroom was also really bland with those mirrored wardrobes...
Anyway she strikes me like someone who is never quite happy despite grinning, but it’s super smug and basically got lucky financially through marriage and needs to prove to the world she’s got the talent rather then the fact that she is a housewife with plenty of time that buys stuff. And shows it all of all off to 100k strangers.
Oh must give her credit for the mussel art she’s created! 🤣

Reactions: 11
I know people describe her previous house as beautiful and I did think it had a curb appeal. Stunning on the outside and lovely property but on inside personally I felt it was so bland and lacked personality. The kitchen standard, nothing you’ve not seen in a glossy home magazine and I find her taste in furniture rather bland. I feel that she thinks she has a great taste rather then does actually have.
Anyway she strikes me like someone who is never quite happy despite grinning, but it’s super smug and basically got lucky financially through marriage and needs to prove to the world she’s got the talent rather then the fact that she is a housewife with plenty of time that buys stuff. And shows it all of all off to 100k strangers.
Agree completely you can only describe her old house as beautiful when comparing it to the new one. That’s about it really....nice kitchen area but everything else really was very uninspiring. She’s married a good looking high achiever, a lot of pressure right there for little SJ 😂

Reactions: 9
I wonder, due to the size of “estate” if they may be developing the whole site. Maybe they will divide up and build other houses to sell off? Just a thought x

The style "50 shades of grey" is very unoriginal. The same as every 'grammers house these days..

Reactions: 6
👏 This!

Agree completely you can only describe her old house as beautiful when comparing it to the new one. That’s about it really....nice kitchen area but everything else really was very uninspiring. She’s married a good looking high achiever, a lot of pressure right there for little SJ 😂
That is a lot of pressure. I’ve seen many a marriage breakup due to hubby playing away with a young strumpit in the city. They keep it very quiet, then give a sudden out of the blue, no signs whatsoever ‘I’m leaving!’

Reactions: 4
👏 This!

That is a lot of pressure. I’ve seen many a marriage breakup due to hubby playing away with a young strumpit in the city. They keep it very quiet, then give a sudden out of the blue, no signs whatsoever ‘I’m leaving!’
Absolutely! I’ve worked in the city and girls are ruthless in their pursuit of these men.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.