JoJo's World #2 All teeth, no views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For me personally, the most telling part of his latest video is when J reminds JoJo that when they first met, JoJo and Kyle accepted his invitation to go with him in his rental jeep, but they never showed up. JoJo laughs it off. It mirrors my personal experience. Another reminder that JoJo is a POS.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
He's also resorted to straight up lying for the titles of his shorts. I hate Disney World, I bought my subscribers and now he's saying his last time pulling the sword in the stone "worked" even though it didn't.

He and Kyle are just throwing mud to the wall and see what it sticks.

When a video overperformence, a second similar video will follow saying it will be a series. Then, when that second video tank, they forget all about it.

They need to regroup. Accept that they are reach a plateau and that they arent going to get out of it by themselves.

Talk about hollow victory
---
This thread started 6 months ago, and his views haven't changed, if anything they are worse 🤣
---
Looking at his Instagram, youtube shorts and tiktok he hasn't had a big viral video in a while. He says his subscribers come from those but struggling to imagine so many from non viral videos.

Last edited:
If you take out that Paula Abdul video from over a year ago, has he even had a video to get over 100k views? PMM gets over 100k eating a hot dog.

Long-form, no.

Many of his shorts have views in the millions, though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the shorts pay next to nothing compared to long form due to the lack of ads. So even with all the subs, he's not making much income with what he produces for content?

Reactions: 2
If the pay structure for the shorts is like TikTok (I believe they max out at $0.04 per 1000 views), then no. I’m not sure if YouTube has marginally deeper pockets to try and keep creators from fleeing.

The real money to be made on TikTok is with sponsored content. Patrick has a pretty tidy business doing that. In abstract, JoJo could probably do something similar, but when we consider his poor attitude and work ethic….

Reactions: 4
If he put just as much thought and time into his content as he appears to do in his thumbnails and title he actually might get more views. Was watching Nate and I realize that Nate is in a unique situation with a sponsor who is willing to take him places and it has allowed him to travel to many different places so I don't want to compare Nate and Jojo but has Jojo ever had any sort of sponsorship? between all his different platforms he's closing in on 2 million subs. I would think that over the past year someone would take notice. I would think at least a Ridge or Ekster wallet sponsorship

Reactions: 2
If the pay structure for the shorts is like TikTok (I believe they max out at $0.04 per 1000 views), then no. I’m not sure if YouTube has marginally deeper pockets to try and keep creators from fleeing.

The real money to be made on TikTok is with sponsored content. Patrick has a pretty tidy business doing that. In abstract, JoJo could probably do something similar, but when we consider his poor attitude and work ethic….
Exactly, that's why I say his business model is all wrong. He relies on ad revenue for income but the effort goes into shorts which don't pay. Influencers on insta and tiktok make their money through sponsored posts.

Shorts are also meant to be a way of channeling traffic to your long form videos , yet he is failing on that too.
---
I wonder if influencing and social media isn't really the end goal.

He actually wants to be seen and picked up for presenting work and get famous

Reactions: 1
between all his different platforms he's closing in on 2 million subs. I would think that over the past year someone would take notice. I would think at least a Ridge or Ekster wallet sponsorship
Didn’t he have a deal with BetterHelp or some other online therapy service for a while? The idea of someone taking mental health advice from JoJo is about as chilling as someone looking to PMM for tips on diet and exercise, but it seemed like it was more than just the HelloFresh thing where anyone can sign up.

Check out SB Mowing Channel on Youtube. It just got 1 Million Subs so is a good comparisson to Jojo

It is about a guy who do landscaping. Usually go to abandon houses, or houses that havent been cut in year and fix them for free (of course his pay would be the content that he monetize).

He put a video weekly and they are usually 300k+ with some of them breaking the Million views. He have sponsors.

People rather see a guy cut grass than whatever Jojo is doing.

Reactions: 4
Didn’t he have a deal with BetterHelp or some other online therapy service for a while? The idea of someone taking mental health advice from JoJo is about as chilling as someone looking to PMM for tips on diet and exercise, but it seemed like it was more than just the HelloFresh thing where anyone can sign up.
ok, so he did betterhelp. I didn't know that. Is Ridge or Ekster a sponsorship that anyone can sign up for? Assuming his sub count is legit if he put together a 20 -40 second short and/or tik tok about a product it would probably get decent views. I only mention those two as an example because I see those sponsors the most

Last edited:
Another comparison is Patrick Dougal.

He may 'only' have 283k subscribers but he has has a similar mtv/kid presenter style and does well on Instagram and tiktok.

His long form views are a bit all over the place but his lowest seems to be jojos average and its not unusual to hit 50k plus and some over 100k.

But where he really differs is he gets sponsored posts on insta and tiktok (including a recent one from disney itself). He is also more consistent in his niche. His thumbnails are good and appealing , and titles informative.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.