Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New to this thread but been following the trial. Do we think this is going to be found in favour of JD?
Nah. Much as I think Amber's equally culpable for what went on on their relationship, the suit itself is about whether Johnny Depp lost work because of her rather than his own hubris biting him in the arse.

Think of it this way - acting is basically contract work. And if you're going to be continually late on film sets, and generally misbehave, all your employer will do is cast someone else, and this is what has happened here. Why bother working with a pain in the arse when there's plenty of other people capable of doing that job queueing up behind him, who WILL turn up on time, who WILL stay sober etc.

It's a problem of his own making, not hers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Someone was asking about the photo where she had dark hair and a bruise on her arm.
Yes, but supposedly the pictures are taken at around the same time.... well Ambertime anyway.....

Supposedly the Keith Richards picture is taken in March 2013.

The arm photo was , originally, supposedly taken in 2013.... but has since been changed to 2012.

So you don't think the jury will agree that the headline accusing him of sexual violence is defamation? How can that not be?
They only need one juror to agree that though. I just feel that the odds are really stacked against him on this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
It's good that he pointed out Elaine and other bits and bobs.

But a shame that after watching Whitney's mimed account: in which Whitney has Johnny holding Amber by the hair with his left hand, whilst punching Amber repeatedly in the face with his right: why the Body Language guy didn't ask, the obvious question.....

Johnny's right hand was in a cast, having had a skin graft, the tip of one of his finger having been severed (with the skin graft coming form another part of his hand) at most 3 weeks before this incident (in a go karting accident at a private race track, which broke his wrist ;) )....

A cast similar to this...

View attachment 1282665

So with which part of his hand was he punching her with?
The finger tips?
He also had pins in his finger and an infection, so for sure would of done more damage to that finger and hand if he was pounding his first into her face

Reactions: 10
He also had pins in his finger and an infection, so for sure would of done more damage to that finger and hand if he was pounding his first into her face
Yes, and there is no mention of further surgery.

And he is back filming after a month or so from the incident... they CGI out the bandages.

Reactions: 6
I am a 60 year old woman and I have spent at least 35 Years working with mostly men in road construction there are very few women and I have personally witnessed guys who did nothing wrong except expect there coworker to do there job lose their career because of a false allegation of sexual harassment and I saw this occur a few times over the years. The other thing that I find hilarious is how the word misogynist is thrown around. I absolutely believe in equality between everyone but equal is just that EQUAL. Where is the ownership with there own actions in some of these cases. We all make choices in our lives and choices have consequences and seems like a lot of people want to blame others for their choices
I posted on my social media about watching the case and had several female friends jump down my neck for daring to form an opinion by watching the actual trial instead of reading any of the media posts. That women need to believe all women, point blank. Yet we all witch about other women when it suits us - look at some threads on here! If any of those posts were linked publicly to people they'd be mortified!

It's so incredibly hypocritical. I believe victims. I believe Johnny was the primary victim here. Does that make me some crazy obsessed fan? No! Do I think he was a saint? No! I'd say he was a pain in the butt to live with! He sounds like he needed real help instead of freeloaders and yes men. People took serious advantage of his wealth and good nature and then turned on him when that all went away.

I don't believe Amber based on what we've seen in court so far. Does that make me a misogynist? Forming my own opinion based on what she has presented in court? Come on. I think it's far more dangerous to read a bunch of articles and then start preaching about believing all women just because they're women when you haven't a clue what's being presented.

My 2c 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I've not seen this before (filmed a while back) it's an interview with MM assistant who was at the Thanksgiving dinner. Heard said they were fighting while guests were there.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Nah. Much as I think Amber's equally culpable for what went on on their relationship, the suit itself is about whether Johnny Depp lost work because of her rather than his own hubris biting him in the arse.

Think of it this way - acting is basically contract work. And if you're going to be continually late on film sets, and generally misbehave, all your employer will do is cast someone else, and this is what has happened here. Why bother working with a pain in the arse when there's plenty of other people capable of doing that job queueing up behind him, who WILL turn up on time, who WILL stay sober etc.

It's a problem of his own making, not hers.
Hmmm. Not sure I can agree with this. If the actor was anyone other than Johnny Depp, I’d agree with you but it’s not.

I’ve never seen Pirates but even I know that Jack Sparrow made the films what they were. His was the most famous, beloved character in it, by far. Studios are well used to pain-in-the-ass actors being late and I think the issue would have to be very serious indeed for Disney to drop their most essential character like that. Jack Sparrow has not been recast because no one would accept anyone else in the role. When they described JD as being the biggest star in the world, for a time this was absolutely true.

We live in a time when a man can be sacked from his job because 20 years ago he put his hand on a woman’s knee, so I have absolutely no doubt that JD was dropped from Pirates and potentially other roles because of Turd’s accusation. So, the issue for me is whether she is telling the truth or not. I don’t think so, but the jury may feel differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Hmmm. Not sure I can agree with this. If the actor was anyone other than Johnny Depp, I’d agree with you but it’s not.

I’ve never seen Pirates but even I know that Jack Sparrow made the films what they were. His was the most famous, beloved character in it, by far. Studios are well used to pain-in-the-ass actors being late and I think the issue would have to be very serious indeed for Disney to drop their most essential character like that. Jack Sparrow has not been recast because no one would accept anyone else in the role. When they described JD as being the biggest star in the world, for a time this was absolutely true.

We live in a time when a man can be sacked from his job because 20 years ago he put his hand on a woman’s knee, so I have absolutely no doubt that JD was dropped from Pirates and potentially other roles because of Turd’s accusation. So, the issue for me is whether she is telling the truth or not. I don’t think so, but the jury may feel differently.
Totally Agree 💯

• Heart
Reactions: 13
With this scarily woke world we are living in, I am genuinely worried that the jury will go in her favour despite the mountain of evidence against her (and also the total lack of evidence against him), just because she is a woman and the 'only women can be victims' mentality 😥

And of course he lost work- Disney dropped him no sooner after the words left Amber's trash mouth, same with Fantastic Beasts

Side note: glad to see Dior are still showing him front and centre with Sauvage! He's on their fragrance and beauty homepage. https://www.dior.com/en_gb/beauty

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I've not seen this before (filmed a while back) it's an interview with MM assistant who was at the Thanksgiving dinner. Heard said they were fighting while guests were there.
I find this so sad. I had to deal with the death of a violent, estranged parent from a long illness a few years ago and it was a complete mindfuck to navigate - there's huge shame there for feeling grief and love for them after what they did and even more shame for being somewhat relieved that they're gone. Based on what he said about his mom in court, he was more than likely going through similar feelings that night if his mother's health was declining and it sounds like he was very isolated. I really feel for him in that situation. It was hard enough for me and I didn't have the added pressure of being famous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
With this scarily woke world we are living in, I am genuinely worried that the jury will go in her favour despite the mountain of evidence against her (and also the total lack of evidence against him), just because she is a woman and the 'only women can be victims' mentality 😥

And of course he lost work- Disney dropped him no sooner after the words left Amber's trash mouth, same with Fantastic Beasts

Side note: glad to see Dior are still showing him front and centre with Sauvage! He's on their fragrance and beauty homepage. https://www.dior.com/en_gb/beauty
I don't see her winning.
For either to win they need a unanimous jury decision.
And depending which of the seven are picked from the nine... if she gets the man who said he had never heard of Ms Heard beyond his wife thinking she's a psycho, she ain't getting that vote. And the three potential women are not such a banker as she thinks. And the chap that fell asleep during her witnesses and by accounts from the court can't stand Elaine.... she just doesn't have the numbers.

Reactions: 13
Articles like these boil my bleeping blood.

Johnny Depp was cancelled because AH came forward with these allegations. And the majority of us blindly believed her at the time.

Why now should we ignore what has come out about her?

She lied about her settlement donation.

There are multiple unbiased witnesses that can confirm that she was an aggressive and abusive person. Plus the audio recordings speak for themselves.

She threatened him with legal action and a restraining order IF he did not agree to cough up millions to support her in a divorce.

She has deliberately failed to provide any metadata to support her evidence of domestic abuse.

She has leaked photos and videos to the press to get them on her side.

Why the duck should we not question her credibility? It's incredibly insulting to suggest that we have been manipulated in to doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
There's simply no evidence to back up her claims, her story doesn't add up with her injuries. Lots of evidence she's not being completely honest. I don't see how she can win.

In order to win her counter suit, she first has to prove she's telling the truth, which she has not done. Even if the jury believe her there's nothing to prove she's lost 100 Million.

For Johnny to win his 50 Mil suit he has to prove she lied, which he has and even if the jury believe that he didn't get fired from Disney, he's got the Grindelwald role which is roughly half the claim amount.

He might not win 50 Mil but she won't win a penny IMO.

Reactions: 18
I am having serious withdrawals this weekend! IMHO I think Johnnys got this in the bag. The point of his case is to prove ambers op-ed was a direct attack at him and tell the world he is an abuser…she denies the article was about him yet here she is still trying to frame him for assault, almost proving his whole point!

Reactions: 20
The law calls for actual evidence, but the jury they're likely to take into account the believability of the testimony. Amber, her sister and her friends testimony are all very suspect, but just taking Amber. Her testimony is all over the place, past tense, present tense, avoiding answering questions directly, changing the meaning of the words pledge/donate. The sobbing and face pulling and not one tear, no redness, no snot, nothing.

She is totally unbelievable AND her evidence is pretty non existent.

Johnny on the other hand was very believable, his witnesses corroborated his version of events, factual evidence in the audio that confirms he was not the aggressor.

The jury are not stupid they know she's lying.

Reactions: 19
I don't see her winning.
And depending which of the seven are picked from the nine... if she gets the man who said he had never heard of Ms Heard beyond his wife thinking she's a psycho, she ain't getting that vote. And the three potential women are not such a banker as she thinks. And the chap that fell asleep during her witnesses and by accounts from the court can't stand Elaine.... she just doesn't have the numbers.
I am having serious withdrawals this weekend! IMHO I think Johnnys got this in the bag. The point of his case is to prove ambers op-ed was a direct attack at him and tell the world he is an abuser…she denies the article was about him yet here she is still trying to frame him for assault, almost proving his whole point!
I don't see her winning.
Waittttt how do you know the juror said he never heard of her beyond his wife thinking she’s a psycho ?? Xx

Reactions: 1
Waittttt how do you know the juror said he never heard of her beyond his wife thinking she’s a psycho ?? Xx
During Jury Selection, they ask these questions, like what do you know about the case, to make sure there's no bias prior to the trial starting.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.