Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Just William

VIP Member
I find this case fascinating. I'm not writing this as an excuse for JD or from a fan's narrative, just someone who has got drawn into this trial through another case with a lot of similarities incl' another female abuser. I haven't even seen Pirates or most of his films. The few I have seen are Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Chocolat & Finding Neverland. He's a good actor & I enjoyed what I have seen, when younger he was beautiful but I still don't consider myself a real fan.

From all I've seen so far during this trial & learning about his abusive childhood, there seems to be two Johnny's, the gentle (overly) generous, shy, kind & vulnerable man & the monster when he's off his head with drink/drugs & can be verbally abusive, ranting, destructive towards objects & misogynistic which as a woman myself is especially unpleasant. But it seems to me that (even if on a sub conscious level) he has a love-hate relationship with women stemming back to his mother with good Johnny loving women & the monster hating them or more likely (in my non expert opinion) feeling very unsure/insecure around them, a possible fear of abandonment thrown in & trust/hate issues & it all goes back to his mother.

He's clearly an introvert & very damaged but seems to have some self awareness as he has had therapy (possibly still ongoing, I hope so for his sake) & by his attempts to get & stay clean. The fact so many people want a piece of him & have done for so many years must make it hard for him to separate those who truly care for him & those who are just hangers on wanting a share of his wealth & generosity & IMO his addictions make him especially vulnerable.

I saw a quote somewhere that at his mother's funeral he said she was the meanest person he ever knew yet he still loved & cared for her until the end & has a tattoo of her name on his arm. Love/hate/loyalty, that's some mix. Someone mentioned on the previous thread about him being mentally stuck at a younger age & that could well be true as he clearly has problems handling his emotions & found/finds it easier to numb the pain with drink & drugs than deal with them. Not surprising as he didn't have decent role models, both parents abused him, with his dad beating him at his mum's bidding.

His reactions in those audio tapes are not the reactions of an abuser. They're the reactions of an appeaser & someone who wants to escape the violence he knows is coming. It likely triggered him & he wanted to retreat so badly & had the wisdom to not want their fights to escalate while she was relentless goading, mocking, gaslighting & hitting him. With all the evidence presented I don't believe he abused her physically as she claims. Possibly in self defence or reactive, wouldn't surprise me, but she comes across (to me) as a cold manipulative deceptive abuser whose testimony was so cringe worthy false & (quelle surprise) wants us to believe that everyone else is lying, even the professional witnesses. What are the odds?
That alone is a huge red flag for me even without the proven lies, changing of her story, those damning tapes, delaying handing over her devices, etc while he's remained consistent, turned over all his devices & has been willing to bare himself publicly (& a lot of it does him no fucking favours) but it also makes me believe he's the victim & desperately wants to clear his name.

I've said before he must be a fucking nightmare to live with & he's certainly not without his faults & that's putting it mildly, but physically abusive to her? No. Yet to see one shred of evidence to support her claims, just a lot of lies, story changing, dubious 'proof', smoke & mirrors & until I do see evidence that backs her up I'll continue to believe he's the victim & hope he wins this. But even if he doesn't win this battle I think he's won the war in as much as he's finally had his side of the story told in public & many more people now see her for what she is, aided in part by her own behaviour.

Just my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Muchosgracias

I am a 60 year old woman and I have spent at least 35 Years working with mostly men in road construction there are very few women and I have personally witnessed guys who did nothing wrong except expect there coworker to do there job lose their career because of a false allegation of sexual harassment and I saw this occur a few times over the years. The other thing that I find hilarious is how the word misogynist is thrown around. I absolutely believe in equality between everyone but equal is just that EQUAL. Where is the ownership with there own actions in some of these cases. We all make choices in our lives and choices have consequences and seems like a lot of people want to blame others for their choices
I posted on my social media about watching the case and had several female friends jump down my neck for daring to form an opinion by watching the actual trial instead of reading any of the media posts. That women need to believe all women, point blank. Yet we all bitch about other women when it suits us - look at some threads on here! If any of those posts were linked publicly to people they'd be mortified!

It's so incredibly hypocritical. I believe victims. I believe Johnny was the primary victim here. Does that make me some crazy obsessed fan? No! Do I think he was a saint? No! I'd say he was a pain in the butt to live with! He sounds like he needed real help instead of freeloaders and yes men. People took serious advantage of his wealth and good nature and then turned on him when that all went away.

I don't believe Amber based on what we've seen in court so far. Does that make me a misogynist? Forming my own opinion based on what she has presented in court? Come on. I think it's far more dangerous to read a bunch of articles and then start preaching about believing all women just because they're women when you haven't a clue what's being presented.

My 2c 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 54

welp

VIP Member
"Was Aquaman a successful movie?"

I get they ask this for the jury, but OMG

omfg

"Aquaman was the most succesful movie of all time ever"

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE OF THIS TRIAL

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
I find this case fascinating. I'm not writing this as an excuse for JD or from a fan's narrative, just someone who has got drawn into this trial through another case with a lot of similarities incl' another female abuser. I haven't even seen Pirates or most of his films. The few I have seen are Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Chocolat & Finding Neverland. He's a good actor & I enjoyed what I have seen, when younger he was beautiful but I still don't consider myself a real fan.

From all I've seen so far during this trial & learning about his abusive childhood, there seems to be two Johnny's, the gentle (overly) generous, shy, kind & vulnerable man & the monster when he's off his head with drink/drugs & can be verbally abusive, ranting, destructive towards objects & misogynistic which as a woman myself is especially unpleasant. But it seems to me that (even if on a sub conscious level) he has a love-hate relationship with women stemming back to his mother with good Johnny loving women & the monster hating them or more likely (in my non expert opinion) feeling very unsure/insecure around them, a possible fear of abandonment thrown in & trust/hate issues & it all goes back to his mother.

He's clearly an introvert & very damaged but seems to have some self awareness as he has had therapy (possibly still ongoing, I hope so for his sake) & by his attempts to get & stay clean. The fact so many people want a piece of him & have done for so many years must make it hard for him to separate those who truly care for him & those who are just hangers on wanting a share of his wealth & generosity & IMO his addictions make him especially vulnerable.

I saw a quote somewhere that at his mother's funeral he said she was the meanest person he ever knew yet he still loved & cared for her until the end & has a tattoo of her name on his arm. Love/hate/loyalty, that's some mix. Someone mentioned on the previous thread about him being mentally stuck at a younger age & that could well be true as he clearly has problems handling his emotions & found/finds it easier to numb the pain with drink & drugs than deal with them. Not surprising as he didn't have decent role models, both parents abused him, with his dad beating him at his mum's bidding.

His reactions in those audio tapes are not the reactions of an abuser. They're the reactions of an appeaser & someone who wants to escape the violence he knows is coming. It likely triggered him & he wanted to retreat so badly & had the wisdom to not want their fights to escalate while she was relentless goading, mocking, gaslighting & hitting him. With all the evidence presented I don't believe he abused her physically as she claims. Possibly in self defence or reactive, wouldn't surprise me, but she comes across (to me) as a cold manipulative deceptive abuser whose testimony was so cringe worthy false & (quelle surprise) wants us to believe that everyone else is lying, even the professional witnesses. What are the odds?
That alone is a huge red flag for me even without the proven lies, changing of her story, those damning tapes, delaying handing over her devices, etc while he's remained consistent, turned over all his devices & has been willing to bare himself publicly (& a lot of it does him no fucking favours) but it also makes me believe he's the victim & desperately wants to clear his name.

I've said before he must be a fucking nightmare to live with & he's certainly not without his faults & that's putting it mildly, but physically abusive to her? No. Yet to see one shred of evidence to support her claims, just a lot of lies, story changing, dubious 'proof', smoke & mirrors & until I do see evidence that backs her up I'll continue to believe he's the victim & hope he wins this. But even if he doesn't win this battle I think he's won the war in as much as he's finally had his side of the story told in public & many more people now see her for what she is, aided in part by her own behaviour.

Just my opinion!
I have been team JD since those audio's came out over 2 years ago (I've never really been a fan of his) and was fully convinced that AH planned this whole thing. I was so annoyed with myself because when i first saw those photos of her at the court house, i thought it looked so staged but I remember checking myself and saying I should believe her. And so I did!

But since this trial has gone on, I have learned alot. I no longer feel that it was all AH. JD certainly had a part to play in the destruction of his marriage. He's certainly not as innocent as I thought he was. They brought out the absolute worst of each other and were a disaster waiting to happen.

I still don't believe 99% of the things AH is accusing him of. I don't believe he raped her with a bottle or broke her nose or that she was completely terrified of him. I still think she was the aggressor. And for that alone, I think she needs to be held accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

EllaBella89

VIP Member
One thing that strikes me as so odd, is that if JD was so abusive and manipulating, why was he literally filling the penthouses with ambers friends and family? Most abusers want to isolate their victims, not surround them with a support system that would be able to bear witness to what was going on. Amber on the other hand…..
I really, really hope the jury will judge in favour of Johnny. Amber clearly alluded to sexual violence in that op ed, and there isn’t a shred of evidence to support this, or any of the other physical violence. She has to learn that there are serious consequences to lies of this magnitude. I hope she’s never hired again, and goes into serious therapy

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
Articles like these boil my fucking blood.

Johnny Depp was cancelled because AH came forward with these allegations. And the majority of us blindly believed her at the time.

Why now should we ignore what has come out about her?

She lied about her settlement donation.

There are multiple unbiased witnesses that can confirm that she was an aggressive and abusive person. Plus the audio recordings speak for themselves.

She threatened him with legal action and a restraining order IF he did not agree to cough up millions to support her in a divorce.

She has deliberately failed to provide any metadata to support her evidence of domestic abuse.

She has leaked photos and videos to the press to get them on her side.

Why the fuck should we not question her credibility? It's incredibly insulting to suggest that we have been manipulated in to doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
Amber is not getting any work bcoz she shits in peoples beds 🛏 💩
I’m sorry but after hearing her audio recordings, taunting and goading and mocking Johnny, and then the recording of her letting slip that she altered TMZ, I still don’t get why ppl r backing this woman?? She’s an absolute loon! All of ambers witnesses are fellow crack heads who sponged off her ex and even then their testimonies still don’t align!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Swerve

Nah. Much as I think Amber's equally culpable for what went on on their relationship, the suit itself is about whether Johnny Depp lost work because of her rather than his own hubris biting him in the arse.

Think of it this way - acting is basically contract work. And if you're going to be continually late on film sets, and generally misbehave, all your employer will do is cast someone else, and this is what has happened here. Why bother working with a pain in the arse when there's plenty of other people capable of doing that job queueing up behind him, who WILL turn up on time, who WILL stay sober etc.

It's a problem of his own making, not hers.
Hmmm. Not sure I can agree with this. If the actor was anyone other than Johnny Depp, I’d agree with you but it’s not.

I’ve never seen Pirates but even I know that Jack Sparrow made the films what they were. His was the most famous, beloved character in it, by far. Studios are well used to pain-in-the-ass actors being late and I think the issue would have to be very serious indeed for Disney to drop their most essential character like that. Jack Sparrow has not been recast because no one would accept anyone else in the role. When they described JD as being the biggest star in the world, for a time this was absolutely true.

We live in a time when a man can be sacked from his job because 20 years ago he put his hand on a woman’s knee, so I have absolutely no doubt that JD was dropped from Pirates and potentially other roles because of Turd’s accusation. So, the issue for me is whether she is telling the truth or not. I don’t think so, but the jury may feel differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Lalababa123456

Omg finally a space for me to vent about the trial! No one in my life is really bothered but I am invested!!! So I've alot to get off my chest here lol! Most will probably have already been mentioned but here I go!!!
She can remember the state of a carpet but anything Camille asked she couldn't recall wasn't sure
Any deposition that is different to her version of events well they're lying or maybe they remember wrong, including professional medical staff and police!!
The hair debacle according to amber it was an open wound seeping puss
According to her friend it was on the hairline of which no evidence on James Corden
According to her sisters picture it was in the centre of her scalp and really didn't look like any hair was missing and the picture of the clump of hair looked like it had been hacked with scissors and cut at a section of layers hence the one inch sections!
Amber rarely did drugs
Amber's sister was rarely sober
Amber's dad did drugs with JD
According to her sister she was uncontrollably sobbing yet the actress couldn't produce a single tear at trial!
AH legal team is just hysterical
JDS legal team are my hero's not only for Camille's cross exam but also just the way they are clearly supporting JD all the way thru!
AH has lied all the way thru her testimony was brilliantly rehearsed and helped on by her legal team so well rehearsed they didn't help her practice for the cross exam
Her witnesses (I haven't watched all of them) are literally screwing her over, rocky pen was unbelievable she really couldn't be bothered haha
Surely the jury can see the narcissist that is ah just thru the polar opposites from testimony to cross examination
I hope JD wins
I hope she gets arrested for purgery in the states and the UK
And I hope JD comes back from this and knows how loved he is
I hope there are applogys from those who doubted his character
I hope good people will surround him going forward

And I hope ah gets everything coming to her!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Lady_H

VIP Member
Those pro-Amber articles in the Guardian, Vogue etc are seriously pissing me off. I thought the whole point of “believe all women” was that all women who speak out about about sexual harassment, assault or violence should be taken seriously and have their cases investigated properly rather than being ignored or told it’s their fault. I didn’t know it actually meant “believe all women about everything simply because they possess vaginas, even when there’s literally zero evidence that supports their accusation”. Those articles are disgraceful, and anyone who is closely following this case can see it. I’ve had my fill of trial-by-journalism and being told what to think by some right-on 30-something activist. They can all fuck right off.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

AuroraBorealis

VIP Member
I am sorry that you had this horrible experience.

It is still the same thing though, the reason you are able to watch it on TV/live stream is: because it is JD's life.

As you know yourself, he is not the only one who had messy relationships (family, lovers, marriage etc) but it is his private life we are looking at and not Joe Blogg's life who might have had a similar experience, because nobody is interested in Joe Bloggs and everyone is interested in JD.

And you say it yourself: "My interest in this case is the hope that perhaps such a high profile case can shed some light to how things really are (...)"

It is high profile as it is JD.

So to me it follows that people still benefit from him, from his suffering to be made so public.
Whether it is money made on YouTube or publicity / attention drawn to similar cases: it is because of his fame.
That is true. His being world-famous has given us access to this.

It is his private life made public. (I am sure as AH was aware of how shy he really is, she never expected him to do it).

In my native language, we have a saying: Better a horrible end than endless horror. I think in a way that is what JD has done. He put himself out there, revealed everything, no holds barred, the bad, the ugly, and uglier things. He no longer had anything to lose. And people are reporting that in the past few days, outside the courthouse, they have seen a man who looks like a weight have lifted from his shoulders.
When you have suffered injustice, then it is extremely important to feel that there are people who believe you.

He is fighting to get his life and reputation back and I believe whatever the outcome of this courtcase, he has already accomplished this.
I am not sure if he minds or even cares that some people are monetising it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Trafalgar

VIP Member
I have said on other threads before I had no skin in the game. Not a fan of either, but I would always try and side with a woman who says she was abused. I have watched the trial with as open a mind as possible and my conclusion now is

AH is 100% a violent abuser and drug user

JD is 100% violent towards objects and things. Totally off his head on drink and drugs but I don't believe violent towards people. No one has seen him be violent, no recordings of him exist being violent towards a person.

Will he win the case, I am unsure giving the legal scope of the case. Has he won public opinion. Totally.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Maleficent50

VIP Member
This whole trial is making he think of my brother.

we are in the UK.

2 years ago my brother was accused of rape. His story was he went outside of a club with a girl who consented and they had sex in an alleyway outside the club.
He got dragged to court accused of rape. Police pursued it pretty hard.
It was only in court that the tapes from outside the club were pulled and it was clearly consensual. Case thrown out.
It caused our family so much trauma and he still is struggling with it.

women lie over this stuff.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

WhenITellYou

I can't believe I'm spending 8 hours a day watching mind numbing video depositions. At this point I'm actually looking forward to the trial being over.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

wibble

VIP Member
To add context....

Reading about the production of London Fields is rather interesting, because it reveals (imo) where parts of Amber Heard's story comes from, exposes a number of her 'porkies' and reveals her character rather more than she would like.

So to summarize.

In March 2013 Ms Heard is offered the leading role as Nichola Six, in London Fields.
In April 2013 Shekhar Kapur (director of Elizabeth) quits as director because Ms Heard has been hired,
Her agency, Media Talent, (who are partly financing the film) insist that Ms Heard remain in the leading role.
Media Talent secure another of their client's Matthew Cullen to be the director (Mr Cullen has experience is making adverts and music videos: and has never directed a full length flick).
Amber Heard has signed and agreed her contract relating to nudity - apparently with the proviso that she has a veto over how this is used in the final edit (which apparently she does agree, then doesn't due to Johnny (see below)).
Mr Cullen has agreed to stick to the script, written by Roberta Hanley and Martin Amis, to deliver the film on time (15th August 2014), and that he doesn't have the final say on the final cut.
Filming begins in September 2013.
At some point (and there is dispute between Cullen and Heard as to whose idea it was) Cullen and Heard decide they will 'add' to the script by filming their own ideas; and thus improve the film.
These scenes may, or may not, involve a policewoman using her truncheon on a female 'detainee' bent over the bonnet of a Tesla.
Filming slips behind schedule.
A second film crew has to be hired to try and catch up.
The film runs into money problems.
Additional finance is found via Media Talent, but the original financiers email the potential new backers to tell them not to waste their money.
Somehow the filming is complete.
The editing gets behind schedule.
And in April 2014 Mr Cullen goes AWOL, in part to make a music video for Katie Perry.
The film isn't delivered on time.
The film company bring in someone else to edit and cut the film, producing the final edit, that they hope to distribute.

(Or words to that effect)

Now, according to Ms Heard in her testimony....

Mr Depp (he drinks and takes drugs you know) was controlling because....
He interfered with her scripts, meddled in her work as an actress, was jealous of her doing sex and nudity, thought she was having sex with cast members, thought she should play more serious roles, etc....

In her version of events of their private screening of London Fields (which apparently she had Ok'd with the production company: mucky bits and all) Mr Depp became aggressive (he drinks and takes drugs you know) when he saw the sex scenes and nudity: and violently attacked Ms Heard in a fit of jealous rage. So furious did 'his monster' become (he drinks and takes drugs you know) that he wouldn't accept poor Amber had been hoodwinked; nor her further explanation (as her battered body came round from a near dear experience, that she later recounted was not that dissimilar to the film Cocoon) that the film had used a body double.... can you believe it!?.... but not satisfied with beating up his devoted and loving girlfriend, Mr Depp (he drinks and takes drugs you know) decided to further express his misogyny by sending an expletive laden email to his agent, the wilting Tracy Jacobs - who immediately had a fit of the vapours, and flushed so brightly that an assitant had to cool her brow by fanning her gently with her wig - and the email was strongly worded due to Steve (despite drinking and taking drugs) having nearly forty years in the film business, and knowing the way actors, actresses and Lassie (who was terribly misgendered) were exploited.

However, I would suggest a different scenario.....

(Keep in mind this is Amber's directorial debut) Slim didn't tell Johnny that she had signed the nudity clauses, Slim didn't tell Johnny she had changed the script. And when having seen the film, Mr Depp (he drinks and takes drugs you know) didn't appreciate Slim's directorial debut, as a great contribution to the cinematic art: but instead considered that she had been exploited. Challenged, Slim told a fib: by gasligtighting (objection foundation... over-ruled) that she didn't know that poor innocent actresses needed a contract to get their lotties out.... And that something must be done. They should immediately write to the producers and have the offending scenes removed at once.... in fact, not only Slim and Johnny.... but also all the cast members.... and they write to Mr Amis (that staunch feminist).... and in fact anyone who would listen.... for this was Harvey Weinstein MKII.... and the more fuss Slim could drum up, the less likely anyone was, to go look at her contract, or her bank account (for apparently she had indeed been paid for the nudity as per the contract) and thus find the truth.

Besides, it wasn't her job.

She took this charade to such extremes that she got the film pulled from the Toronto film festival (sealing her #metoo credentials before #metoo), refused to promote it, slagged it off and the people involved with it, and generally made a nuisance of herself: whilst rising to the pinnacle of anonymity amongst cinema-goers everywhere, and the pinnacle of adulation on Twitter among the billion-genders-crowd tthen flooding over from Tumbler (during the crack down on *cough* dubious sexual images *cough*)

Eventually the film company Nichola Six sued her for $10m (she apparently counter sued for the use of a body double in her directorial art-house debut), a legal action which was ended in September 2018, and curiously spanned much of the 13 months between the divorce settlement and her being sued for defamation by Mr Depp.

Thus, I would suggest....

That she is telling an untruth about the real reason she couldn't pay the charity money.
She is fabricating claims of Mr Depp's controlling behaviour, to hide the lie that she concealed about the contract; and like Lady McBeth it is as easy to go on as be honest.
She is inflating one of her gaslighting sessions (during the screening of London Fields) (along the lines of I didn't punch you, I hit you) into an untrue account of assault.
Oh and she is demonstrating her use of the Big Lie: in a way Geobbals would envy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

knoddle

VIP Member
I'm still catching up; but a 3 day break is most welcome. One thing I have seen mentioned is snark about Camille hugging depp after cross was completed. Hmm, we have seen elaine hug misheard and yet no one is suggesting they are off to the Caribbean for a cuddle puddle. Camille is a highly skilled litigator, I don't see her throwing away her professional career for an actor with mental health and substance abuse issues. She also hugged Chew, does that mean they are headed for a threesome?

• Haha
Reactions: 32