Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the Ian Runkle video on locals.com and it was very interesting at the end when they discussed how much time each team has left. Team JD have 10 hours more than Team AH. So if I heard correctly Team JD can run down the clock and even put up rebuttal witnesses after their time runs out who can’t be crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just watched the Ian Runkle video on locals.com and it was very interesting at the end when they discussed how much time each team has left. Team JD have 10 hours more than Team AH. So if I heard correctly Team JD can run down the clock and even put up rebuttal witnesses after their time runs out who can’t be crossed.
AH's team wasted a lot of time yesterday, either on witnesses who didn't add anything, or who damaged their case. I can't get my head around it, unless Amber is insisting they use all that testimony?

Reactions: 15
BiB: Indeed. And I am sure it brought fresh back all the feelings of injustice and powerlessness he must have had in the relationship. He had closed the door, he did not want to have anything to do with her, he had paid these amounts to her just to get rid of her, out of his life for good. And she just could not let go.

Even now, in the court, she seems to try sneakily to get to him, to hurt him, to play mental games.
He probably felt that he was taking hit after hit with the OpEd and Dan Wooten's article. He must have felt that he would never escape the allegations.

Reactions: 16
JD is not the draw for me nor is AH.
For me, the draw is what happened. Due to this being televised, I am able to follow it.
I am sorry that you had this horrible experience.

It is still the same thing though, the reason you are able to watch it on TV/live stream is: because it is JD's life.

As you know yourself, he is not the only one who had messy relationships (family, lovers, marriage etc) but it is his private life we are looking at and not Joe Blogg's life who might have had a similar experience, because nobody is interested in Joe Bloggs and everyone is interested in JD.

And you say it yourself: "My interest in this case is the hope that perhaps such a high profile case can shed some light to how things really are (...)"

It is high profile as it is JD.

So to me it follows that people still benefit from him, from his suffering to be made so public.
Whether it is money made on YouTube or publicity / attention drawn to similar cases: it is because of his fame.

Reactions: 6
I’ve just watched the first half hour of Runkles video and it’s very interesting…he highlights the huge mistakes AHs team made yesterday and how the Jury are picking up on certain things but also how they are bored as hell…juror I fell asleep 😂 Juror I is the star of this trial. Will have to watch the rest later but very interesting watch.

Reactions: 9
Did you see JD doing the Jack Sparrow voice as he left court yest?

It seems like a weight has been lifted from him, really nice to see tbh!

I'm loving the fact that Chewy has a whole ten hours more than Elaine. I may record him for posterity.

Yesterday, I literally slept through most of it, Barkin woke me up, that was a bit scary to see after a restful snooze. Today I shall be mainly focussing on my funniest Chewy moments for light relief and keeping an eye on Elon, there are things occurring and talk of a smear campaign just begun yesterday. I wondered if it had anything to do with houseinhabit and her comments we saw, is the plot thickening elsewhere!

In the meantime, meow.....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if Emily is going to cover R Kelly's trial in August.

That will be a very difficult watch.

• Sad
I am sorry that you had this horrible experience.

It is still the same thing though, the reason you are able to watch it on TV/live stream is: because it is JD's life.

As you know yourself, he is not the only one who had messy relationships (family, lovers, marriage etc) but it is his private life we are looking at and not Joe Blogg's life who might have had a similar experience, because nobody is interested in Joe Bloggs and everyone is interested in JD.

And you say it yourself: "My interest in this case is the hope that perhaps such a high profile case can shed some light to how things really are (...)"

It is high profile as it is JD.

So to me it follows that people still benefit from him, from his suffering to be made so public.
Whether it is money made on YouTube or publicity / attention drawn to similar cases: it is because of his fame.
That is true. His being world-famous has given us access to this.

It is his private life made public. (I am sure as AH was aware of how shy he really is, she never expected him to do it).

In my native language, we have a saying: Better a horrible end than endless horror. I think in a way that is what JD has done. He put himself out there, revealed everything, no holds barred, the bad, the ugly, and uglier things. He no longer had anything to lose. And people are reporting that in the past few days, outside the courthouse, they have seen a man who looks like a weight have lifted from his shoulders.
When you have suffered injustice, then it is extremely important to feel that there are people who believe you.

He is fighting to get his life and reputation back and I believe whatever the outcome of this courtcase, he has already accomplished this.
I am not sure if he minds or even cares that some people are monetising it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Because they are not tuning in to hear about her life, but about his.

If this trial would be about there and her ex-wife Tasha or her and her current girlfriend Ellen then nobody would be tuning in.

On the other hand, if it would be JD against Margareth from the accounting team (instead of Amber) people would still be watching.

JD is the draw, not AH.
Well, you should follow that thought to it’s logical conclusion, then.

Would AH have married him if he wasn’t JD? Would she have gotten any traction with her claims of domestic abuse if they weren’t aimed at JD? No.

It’s his fame & his reputation that she’s feasted upon & people are tuning in to watch the shitshow that she’s produced. A bit unfair to say that it’s “sad” people are tuning in to watch as if that’s his fault. Imagine for a second that he’s never laid a hand on her, even if he’s a drunk/druggie with an unpleasant way of speaking - he has a complete right to defend himself about an accusation like that. It does seem as if some people think it’s outrageous that he would.

If we weren’t living through a deranged era where men are tried, convicted and sentenced without the benefit of even a small amount of evidence maybe he wouldn’t have to take to the courts like this.

#BelieveAllWomen, my arse. I believe people who are believeable, whatever shape of chromosomes they have.

EDIT: Just to say the last bit isn’t a personal accusation, more a general comment. Didn’t mean to snark at anyone here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve just watched the first half hour of Runkles video and it’s very interesting…he highlights the huge mistakes AHs team made yesterday and how the Jury are picking up on certain things but also how they are bored as hell…juror I fell asleep 😂 Juror I is the star of this trial. Will have to watch the rest later but very interesting watch.

I feel bad for him for his sleep deprivation (just a few hours of sleep every now and then, nights spent outside the courthouse with a sleeping bag), there are moments he seems to lose his train of thought a bit or is rambling a bit. So, it is good that seemingly well-rested and smiling Rob (the Law & Lumber guy) is there to keep him focused and on track. :)

Reactions: 5
I am so bored with all the depos. I've never been one of those people that thought JD was attractive, but may be changing my opinion as a result of this trial - when he breaks a smile and finds something amusing his whole face lights up and appears to become so warm & gentle.

That is true. His being world-famous has given us access to this.

It is his private life made public. (I am sure as AH was aware of how shy he really is, she never expected him to do it).

(....)

I am not sure if he minds or even cares that some people are monetising it.
BIB: Yes, this was my initial statement that you had disagreed with.

Regarding people monetising it: I wasn't stating whether he minds it or not, merely observing that it is happening. It happened when he was a shining star, it happens now that he lies on the ground.

Well, you should follow that thought to it’s logical conclusion, then.

Would AH have married him if he wasn’t JD? Would she have gotten any traction with her claims of domestic abuse if they weren’t aimed at JD? No.

It’s his fame & his reputation that she’s feasted upon & people are tuning in to watch the shitshow that she’s produced. A bit unfair to say that it’s “sad” people are tuning in to watch as if that’s his fault. Imagine for a second that he’s never laid a hand on her, even if he’s a drunk/druggie with an unpleasant way of speaking - he has a complete right to defend himself about an accusation like that. It does seem as if some people think it’s outrageous that he would.

If we weren’t living through a deranged era where men are tried, convicted and sentenced without the benefit of even a small amount of evidence maybe he wouldn’t have to take to the courts like this.

#BelieveAllWomen, my arse. I believe people who are believeable, whatever shape of chromosomes they have.

EDIT: Just to say the last bit isn’t a personal accusation, more a general comment. Didn’t mean to snark at anyone here.
You haven't read all my posts relating to this and you are putting words into my mouth.

I never said it was "sad" people are tuning in to watch.
After all, I am one of them. And I am on his side, I think AH was wrong to blackmail him and create a negative public image of him as she profited of him.

What I said instead was:

I find it sad that people are STILL making money from him:
When he was big in movies people were living off him (rent free stays in his penthouses, drinking his wine, eating his food, traveling on his account etc etc). He was being exploited - which was also noticed on this thread.
Now that he is on the ground, has lost movie contracts and lots of money and is going through this hurtful public scandal: people are still making money off him. YouTube, podcasts, even merchandise on Etsy....

That is what I find sad. It reminds me of Marilyn Monroe or Princess Diana - they are icons, but also humans. And somehow products.

Just imagine it would be your life.
Someone is posting about your break-up and people give them fivers to hear opinions on whether you reacted rightly or wrongly and what your chances are of winning joint custody of the jointly owned tarantula.
What does this feel like?

Last edited:
  • Heart
BIB: Yes, this was my initial statement that you had disagreed with.
I disagreed as from your wording I understood your statement to be that people are attracted to this case because of JD. :)

My point was that I would follow it even when it was not JD but for the content of the matter. This is what interests me due to various reasons.
(If other similar cases were made visible, I would follow these too.)

I guess we misunderstood each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I disagreed as from your wording I understood your statement to be that people are attracted to this case because of JD. :)

My point was that I would follow it even when it was not JD but for the content of the matter. This is what interests me due to various reasons.
(If other similar cases were made visible, I would follow these too.)

I guess we misunderstood each other.
Yes, most of them are attracted to it because of JD and therefore you have the chance of watching all the trial and all the reviews/legal analysis/opinions etc even though your motive for watching it might be different (eg you might not be watching because it is JD but because of the topic).

As you say: " (If other similar cases were made visible, I would follow these too.)"
They are not because they don't attract a similar amount of public attention.
The reason that you can look at all of this is: it is JD.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.