Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ruby1080

VIP Member
Manager on duty, so whoever is leading the shift, I'm in charge of all of them. We are a bit short in that department though, hence why I have to run shifts myself. My line manager works remotely, he's in charge of area.

Yes, all the 🐔 s go to the conference. Thousands of them. REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT SPONSORING WORLD CUP COVERAGE?! Gonna collab with bae.

Fave

View attachment 1363842

What's yours?

@wonderstruck25 I am SO squeamish can you imagine me as a butcher, I'd be squealing and crying all the time ❤
Zinger fillet tower burger meal. Or the gravy fillet burger meal when they do that. Why do you not do it all the time? 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Just Drive

VIP Member
Makes sense that no one would want to take the blame for the missing spanner…

when I worked in a nursery you wasn’t allowed food in the rooms but you need a pick me up when you looking after twenty 0-2 year olds and I had what I referred to as my galaxy hole. It was a roll of duck tape I hid galaxy in… my manager found it and left it on the communications book and wanted to know who had done it.

You know for a fact I snatched up my galaxy and duck tape and didn’t mention it was me and she was fuming but no one grassed on me so I got away with it.

This is where my old manager is a massive JS fan cause I know there can’t be two bitches out here with a galaxy hole
Galaxy hole! :ROFLMAO: I am actually laughing like a crazy person alone in my house right now.

• Haha

mimimithis

VIP Member
I think that anyone who is a reader has something in them!

@mimimithis I always love John's interactions with Kyle in fics!

@Violetroselily are you going home today? Are you going to be able to read OH yet?
Kyle is kinda easy to write for, because he's so open in any and all interviews and social media content that you can practically guess what he's going to say. 😂 Plus, how did our favourite grump become friends with one of the most high-strung extroverts out there? Inquiring minds want to know.

@wonderstruck25

E0koYM6XIAYCSc8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
I'm just convinced that men and honest communication are two things that in theory should go together hand in hand, but it just doesn't really happen sometimes in practice, even if it were so easy. I kinda want to see him fess it all up to avoid the drama, but then again, drama makes for great writing.

All in all, their relationship is adorable, especially since she started staying with him, and you just know they're falling for each other.
Sorry I took so long to reply, was waiting until I got home to my laptop so I could reply properly. Am now lying in my bed eating leftover pizza. Don't shame me.

I'm living for the drama. I'm a wuss and I'd have let them live happily ever after really quickly, maybe some work and family drama, but I LOVE the curveball of (what I also presume is) an ex.

My heart sank when he lied to her. I'm so disappointed in him, they've been getting along so well, faced plenty of hurdles so far that there's no reason for it.

I think it's completely natural given her recent heartbreak that she'd just want everything to go well and not press too much regards things she's not sure about. So well written.

I'm obsessed with it. It could be a novel. I'm desperate to know who the author is.

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
It is just one of those jobs that the longer you leave it the more daunting and harder it gets!! I get my older sister to sell stuff for me… she’s good at that I’d forget to send it out, i found like 5 packages of things I was suppose to send back but just didn’t and it was like getting a parcel again 😂

No death this time… I FaceTimed my mum and she just called me stupid so it’s all good I think!!

What is all or nothing? Is it like your fic?
If your mum says you'll be fine, you'll be fine. Someone in work once got electrocuted trying to fix something and he was out cold and it was half an hour before anyone noticed he was missing, lying down behind the equipment. I do hope that if that ever happened to me someone would notice I was missing a bit quicker.

All or Nothing is the City documentary on Amazon. Have you ever watched it? I think you'd like it!

• Heart

Just Drive

VIP Member
Hello hello hello good evening 😊

I'm generally a bit🤷‍♀️ on Jose but I will say that I can't hate him because of this.

😭
Well, damn. You had to go and remind me that Mourinho‘s human. 💔

@cobette I miss Leroy so much. But, I’m watching a 2021 documentary on Prime about FC Bayern and in the first episode, they discussed that Leroy and a few other players have known each other since they were small children and while they all went their separate ways for a few years, they are living their boyhood dream by reuniting at Bayern Munich. That melted my City heart. As much as it pains me to admit, I think that gorgeous man with a face and body chiseled by the gods is exactly where he wants to be.

It's on my list, I cannot wait to see it, finally. TV has been the last thing on my mind lately, with work being so crazy. But this? I won't be able to resist for long, will I?
Resistance is futile, my friend.

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
I have 600 words in note form that have been there for a few weeks, then another few hundred words of notes for the next chapter on another page. Can’t form any of them into a sentence 😵💫
I'm convinced ability to write is related to cycles.

Ovulating, so should technically be feeling 'inspired', but I got nothing.

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
Perhaps when the new season gets up and going, that'll make your creative bits tingle again
You're right about that, Holiday Abe isn't necessarily for everyone.

Okay, here we go, in preparation for tomorrow....

Parachute Book Club

The fic:

Reading schedule: One chapter per week running Monday - Sunday, beginning with reading "If You're Under Him, You Ain't Getting Over Him" the week starting 27th June.

Would be nice to put the bigger conversations in spoiler tags to facilitate the other ongoing conversations, example post:

And I think we should definitely use spoiler tags if we're talking about stuff we know comes later in the fic, out of respect for first time readers. Can put spoilers within spoilers if need be for example:

General chat about how we feel about the chapter
Aaah when John says X five chapters later is he referring to the conversation about Y here?

I'm excited! 🪂
I'm buzzing at this! Can we have a list of everyone who is participating so we can tag them so no-one misses our recaps when we inevitably post at different times!?

• Heart

LurkingAnnie

VIP Member
Currently waiting to find out what time DPD are coming to collect my laptop, which will dictate what time I can go swimming. My flat is a shithole, so I will be doing lots of tidying and sorting, then packing as I'm up north this weekend visiting friends

Might also do a big fic reread, probably parachute
Ooooh “up north”… that’s exciting!! Us northerners are delightful 🤣

hope you’re enjoying your freedom

• Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Manager on duty, so whoever is leading the shift, I'm in charge of all of them. We are a bit short in that department though, hence why I have to run shifts myself. My line manager works remotely, he's in charge of area.

Yes, all the 🐔 s go to the conference. Thousands of them. REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT SPONSORING WORLD CUP COVERAGE?! Gonna collab with bae.

Fave

View attachment 1363842

What's yours?

@wonderstruck25 I am SO squeamish can you imagine me as a butcher, I'd be squealing and crying all the time ❤
I am a purist and therefore my fave is just pieces. Or a fillet burger.

• Heart
  • Wow

cobette

VIP Member
Did someone say thirsting?!

I know someone described JG as a peacock the other day, but I do think bae is quite peacock-esque in this first one!

222.jpg
223.jpg
224.jpg
225.jpg
226.jpg
227.jpeg

• Heart