John Stones #17 Get your tatts out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Patient is prescribed 400mg tablets at night. We haven’t got 400mg tablets, is it ok to give two 200mg tablets”
I have genuinely wondered if this makes a difference? I have a random selection of tablets from when I've changed dose or been given a mix by the chemist, so I try to use them up. Like does it make no difference if I take 100+25, or 5x25...?

Reactions: 4
“Patient is prescribed 400mg tablets at night. We haven’t got 400mg tablets, is it ok to give two 200mg tablets”
I’m so happy to know that useless questions aren’t just my residents’ forte

I have genuinely wondered if this makes a difference? I have a random selection of tablets from when I've changed dose or been given a mix by the chemist, so I try to use them up. Like does it make no difference if I take 100+25, or 5x25...?
It makes no difference, as long as it’s from the same manufacturer, the dose just needs to remain the same, how it’s out to get her is up to you/us/nurses/doctors etc.

Reactions: 6
No difference at all… as long as it’s the same release

for example some tablets are prolonged release so continue to work throughout the day, so you wouldn’t mix them with standard release.
But for example, a 2 x 200mg ibuprofen would be the same as 1 x 400mg

my neighbours are being so ducking noisy. I’m not even 30 yet when did I turn into an old woman it’s Wednesday night shut the fuckkkk up

Reactions: 5
My dad used to be a charge nurse and he told me he once had to get a doctor to correct a prescription twice - the first time, the dosage was a tenth of what's recommended, and the second time it was ten times what's recommended.

Reactions: 4
yep! It’s madness the prescribing errors i see

my neighbours are being so ducking noisy. I’m not even 30 yet when did I turn into an old woman it’s Wednesday night shut the fuckkkk up
Bless you! Get banging on the walls!

Reactions: 5
Doctors aren’t infallible, even if they make you think they are. Just humans, like anyone else.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.