John Stones #17 Get your tatts out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that's me just getting my break now šŸ˜­

Today has been horrible and blubbed during a convo with my boss.

Angry/tired/PMSing. I need a treat to cheer me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Hope youā€™re ok!! Get some chocolate down you honey šŸ˜»
Iā€™m having a bad day too

• Heart
Reactions: 5

What's up sweetpea?

I am in a terrible mood because I am super bloated, my period is a dew days late and no signs of starting, so I've just been lying down for half an hour wallowing in misery

• Heart
What's up sweetpea?
Basically, the fact that in the last 9 months I've gone from being in work mode 24/7 (to my own detriment) to working when I am paid. My team don't like it. Someone said I want to 'do my job, then go home'. Don't we all?!

they are holding me to a higher standard than themselves and I know it is jarring for them that I have changed but everyone here is paid to a job and they do not need me holding their hand all day every day.

• Sad
  • Heart

Basically, the fact that in the last 9 months I've gone from being in work mode 24/7 (to my own detriment) to working when I am paid. My team don't like it. Someone said I want to 'do my job, then go home'. Don't we all?!

they are holding me to a higher standard than themselves and I know it is jarring for them that I have changed but everyone here is paid to a job and they do not need me holding their hand all day every day.
It's horrible, when you're held to a different standard to the rest of them, when you're just doing the utmost you can do. And then, they have the audacity to call you out on it, when you don't? Ha, no. Not how it works. They need to step it up, not you. They need to prove themselves, not you.

You're allowed to do your job as it's advertised, and not a second longer than that. If you go above and beyond, that's your personal thing, and commendable, but not something others can just expect of you without doing their part, too.

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day, I hope to have this chapter finished for you to read soon. But until then, treat yourself? Chocolate, a bath, some good food... kitten cuddles. I'd offer Bae cuddles, but let's face it, he'd be stroppy, because we haven't given him enough attention lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Do they not do the same thing...? Why is it a problem when you're not there?

What did your boss say?

• Heart
It's horrible, when you're held to a different standard to the rest of them, when you're just doing the utmost you can do. And then, they have the audacity to call you out on it, when you don't? Ha, no. Not how it works. They need to step it up, not you. They need to prove themselves, not you.

You're allowed to do your job as it's advertised, and not a second longer than that. If you go above and beyond, that's your personal thing, and commendable, but not something others can just expect of you without doing their part, too.

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day, I hope to have this chapter finished for you to read soon. But until then, treat yourself? Chocolate, a bath, some good food... kitten cuddles. I'd offer Bae cuddles, but let's face it, he'd be stroppy, because we haven't given him enough attention lately.
Thank you lovely. I am just being sensitive I think because I am aware my work isn't up to my usual standard and others noticing makes me feel a bit ashamed, even though I shouldn't. I will look forward to your chapter ā¤ I might nip to M&S for some treats.

Do they not do the same thing...? Why is it a problem when you're not there?

What did your boss say?
He says we have to clear the air at meeting next week. He was supportive. He knows there's two sides to a story.

The main issue I think is that now I have a work phone I am not contactable 24/7, but I ran a successful store with a capable team for years before whatsapp, they had to think for themselves rather than someone stepping in constantly.

• Heart
Thank you lovely. I am just being sensitive I think because I am aware my work isn't up to my usual standard and others noticing makes me feel a bit ashamed, even though I shouldn't. I will look forward to your chapter ā¤ I might nip to M&S for some treats.

He says we have to clear the air at meeting next week. He was supportive. He knows there's two sides to a story.

The main issue I think is that now I have a work phone I am not contactable 24/7, but I ran a successful store with a capable team for years before whatsapp, they had to think for themselves rather than someone stepping in constantly.
Is it your TLs saying this? Or the more junior people? Without making it confrontational I think you need to turn it round on them - they're possibly worried or feeling out of their depth when you're not there, in which case they might benefit from some coaching?

Try to remove yourself from it and focus on what goes supposed problems are, because it isn't simply that you're not there or are rightly non responsive. Like if XYZ isn't happening, you all need to figure out why that is.

Does that make sense?

• Heart
Is it your TLs saying this? Or the more junior people? Without making it confrontational I think you need to turn it round on them - they're possibly worried or feeling out of their depth when you're not there, in which case they might benefit from some coaching?

Try to remove yourself from it and focus on what goes supposed problems are, because it isn't simply that you're not there or are rightly non responsive. Like if XYZ isn't happening, you all need to figure out why that is.

Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense, thank you lovely ā¤

Yes, it's the TLs, but it's a little more complex in that 2 of them are training to be assistants.

They need to be unskilled so a lot of things I'd normally take control of are being passed to them and I am presuming their are resentful of this. I'm a control freak and it's not easy for me to let someone else take over but it's for their development. I think this has morphed into them thinking I don't do anything!

• Heart
Iā€™m sad everyoneā€™s having a rubbish day!

Iā€™m manifesting a topless bae/ or even a flash of abs for the weekend to give everyone something to smile about at the weekend

• Heart

Makes perfect sense, thank you lovely ā¤

Yes, it's the TLs, but it's a little more complex in that 2 of them are training to be assistants.

They need to be unskilled so a lot of things I'd normally take control of are being passed to them and I am presuming their are resentful of this. I'm a control freak and it's not easy for me to let someone else take over but it's for their development. I think this has morphed into them thinking I don't do anything!
I think @Violetroselily put everything super eloquently already, more than I ever could. A meeting to clear the air is definitely advisable, and your boss is right to consider to have one. You work as a team, and if the team doesn't work, because of what I can only presume is assumptions and missed communication within the group, and especially concerning you, the work won't get any easier... you do deserve better from your colleagues, though, but perhaps that's just me.

For now, don't let it drag you down. It sounds like your boss knows what's up and where it comes from, and has your back. ā¤ā¤ā¤

• Heart
I donā€™t want to compare situations but I was not well for sometime (years) and didnā€™t want to go off work because I didnā€™t want my team or boss to know I was not well mentally. I thought I could just manage it but I couldnā€™t and it came to a head in June. I turned up to my PDR and just cracked. It was the hardest thing I have had to do to say ā€œI need time off to get wellā€. My boss got it (to my suprise) and itā€™s the best thing I have done. People will suprise you. There is much better awareness.
I am back at work now and I canā€™t believe how much better I am at my job, more on it, actually enjoying it and able to support my team. Thatā€™s what has been a bit eye opening and now I know that even though it was so hard to say, it was 100% the right thing to do. I didnā€™t think it was at the time.
I know there's lots of sense in what you say.

It just feels like very high stakes to take the risk of saying something, even if I could physically bring myself to say it, when I don't know what the answer is.

I can't honestly say that a week or a month or a year off work would fix anything. Work doesn't exactly help matters but it's not the cause of how I feel, and if I was off I'd probably only feel guilty and embarrassed and ashamed and that wouldn't help either.

I will be OK. Always am ā™„

• Heart
Will they be training again today?
Iā€™d assume so, but Iā€™m not up with their comings and goings šŸ¤£ unlike my own team when I know their schedules šŸ¤£ hopefully weā€™ll get some more pics later on.

Just watched the final episode of season 1.

got to admit, Iā€™m more an Anthony gal so if heā€™s the interest in season 2 I might get back on that bike and watch another episode šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
I know there's lots of sense in what you say.

It just feels like very high stakes to take the risk of saying something, even if I could physically bring myself to say it, when I don't know what the answer is.

I can't honestly say that a week or a month or a year off work would fix anything. Work doesn't exactly help matters but it's not the cause of how I feel, and if I was off I'd probably only feel guilty and embarrassed and ashamed and that wouldn't help either.

I will be OK. Always am ā™„

I do totally understand your reluctance to disclose to your work, and I donā€™t know what your employer is like, but from what you've said previously I'm assuming you you work for a reasonably sized organisation and I'd expect them to have a proper employee relations and occupational health process in place to support employees with long term conditions (both physical and mental). You might really benefit from having an occupational health assessment which could recommend adjustments that could help you e.g. different working hours, a stress assessment, access to more counselling sessions etc. I was referred to occ health a few years ago after speaking to my line manager about my depression, and it was really helpful.

Your employer will want to support you and they can only do that if they know the full picture of what's going on. But it's very easy for me to say that, I know.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.