John Stones #17 Get your tatts out

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come relax with me this morning (also just mentally, if you prefer). It’s too warm to do anything else.

View attachment 1468025
So, so beautiful.

Bad one.
Did therapy. Cried my eyes out. Dissociated a bit. Did some work on how to deal with that. Cried some more.
Ate a good meal and tried to distract myself and went to bed at a good time and tried to get a sensible amount of sleep.
Failed miserably.

Feel properly exhausted.
Have to work now. Not even dressed yet. Eff me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I feel slightly less sorry for Jackcat as I assume he will now spend the rest of the day catching up on his sleep? His poor little troubled face though

This is awful

How long until your little holiday now? You need it. I hope today isn't too awful for you. Are you WFH today?

Awkward back pats from the none hugger to you x

I feel slightly less sorry for Jackcat as I assume he will now spend the rest of the day catching up on his sleep? His poor little troubled face though
Johncat is a bully he always does this

Reactions: 4
This is awful

How long until your little holiday now? You need it. I hope today isn't too awful for you. Are you WFH today?

Holiday's the beginning of September.
Got a couple of days off next week for my birthday so will try to spend that time looking after myself.

Yeah, WFH today. Delaying my start to 9:30 in the hope I've got enough time to wake up properly and at least get dressed and brush my hair and have a drink.

Thank you

Treat yourself to a nice breakfast delivery x

This is awful

But they're still best friends, right? Pls don't shatter the illusion

Treat yourself to a nice breakfast delivery x
The @cobette answer to all of life's problems

I am currently considering McD

But they're still best friends, right? Pls don't shatter the illusion

The @cobette answer to all of life's problems

I am currently considering McD
I wanted McDs but I didn't have time because I was ironing my stupid clothes. I am starving.

Yes, they are best buds. Jackcat holds no grudges, he doesn't fight back either just takes it

Reactions: 3
Ah hun, I could cry for you.

would taking some time off help at all??

Reactions: 2
I’m so so sorry things didn’t go well for you last night. That’s very little sleep you’re on atm. Is there any way you could take a nap later, since you’re WFH? I read you have a few days off soon, do you think those might be enough to get back into a sort of rhythm?
Genuinely worried by that lack of sleep. Have a hug from Bae

Ah hun, I could cry for you.

would taking some time off help at all??
Not an option. Taking time off means explaining why, and nobody at work knows anything about it and I don't want them to. Every time I ever told a RL person about my mental health problems it went hideously badly and I had to cut them out of my life. Can't afford to do that with my employer.

I'd only spend it lying around doing nothing, anyway.

Naps make me feel like death. The only way to deal with it is just to deal with it. Try again tonight.

I don't know about the rhythm. Don't have much of one at the best of times. I exhaust myself until I crash.

Thank you for the kind words and the bae-hug, both are always appreciated. But please don't spoil your holiday worrying about me

I find it disgraceful that you have to declare why you’re taking time off. You should just be able to say you’re ill and not have someone questioning this - especially given the circumstances. This is what’s wrong with the whole system.

I’m not much help, but I work within the service so if you ever need to chat you know where I am x

Is that even allowed? In Germany, you don’t need to give a reason for up to three days and then a doctor’s note for as long as you need up to six weeks.
It’s no one’s business, and anyone who is iffy about mental health problems can fuck right off, in my opinion. It’s nothing to be afraid or ashamed off, at all. Like we get sinusitis or a cold or stomach bugs, our brain is not immune to diseases. They’re nothing abnormal and should never be treated as such. I dislike that employers quite literally have a don’t talk policy about them.

It’s in my nature, I do that with all my friends, RL and online, and if only to check in and say hi, if they don’t feel like talking.

Like our lovely @LurkingAnnie said, I’m here, if you feel like talking. Or not talking. Or talking about something else entirely. Bae’s always a good topic, or Rúben. Or salads. Or holidays. Anything to get your mind off things for a bit.

I hope, despite it all that you have a nice day, or as good a day as can be.

we’re a good little unit on here. It’s nice having you guys around! X

Our boy

Last edited:
They say "only general information is required" but in practice I don't think I can be so general as to just say "I need time off, I'm ill" and I'm terrified to try saying that because I don't know how to respond if they push for a reason, I don't want to lie but I don't feel brave enough to tell the truth, or to insist they don't need to know.

Therapist says I need to contact her if things are shit between sessions. I always avoid doing that because of the whole feeling like a burden thing, but if I can't escape the bleurghs by this afternoon I'll try to get in touch with her.

Love you all so much, thank you for being such incredible sweethearts.

Your therapist's idea is sound, I'd do that, perhaps it'll help lift some of the weight off your mind, and direct you towards a more balanced state of mind.

I get it's difficult to ask for time off, but it's bad practice by your employer to ask why, and you do not have to give a reason, if you don't want to. Just keep that in mind, and perhaps take those days, if everything else fails.

PS: I adore Bae, but his current carrot boat shoes are giving me hives... can someone in/around Manchester go burn them?

If you’re not going to take some time off, I’d definitely speak to your therapist and look at ways to manage it. It’s not healthy for you to have so little sleep either, because that won’t help how you’re feeling x

He has also worn the white/green(?) boots recently - I think before Croatia and in Croatia - so hopefully we will see more of them and not just the horrible carrot

He has also worn the white/green(?) boots recently - I think before Croatia and in Croatia - so hopefully we will see more of them and not just the horrible carrot
Flipper probably lost them at sea somehow, and that's why he's back with the orange carroty ones.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.