Joel Wood

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love watching this train wreck as well but I would not go out of my way to install a fake GPS app to find Joel on Tinder. You would of had to sleuth hard to find his location and that just doesn't seem like normal behaviour.
I did not install a fake GPS app to find him. I installed it to set my location back to my hometown while I was in London.

Oh definitely @Greenlentils! Most of the things you said are the largest parts of the reason I find him and the toxic culture he helps sustain to be so infuriating. It's a large theme that I am actually trying to address in my own work right now.

I just also know where a lot this type of behavior comes from and why it matters. I'm not simply a hater and do really feel some compassion towards people like him that still seem so empty inside. It's a total mess that I can't do help but stare at. You actually took words right out of my mouth when you mentioned the whole "involuntarily gawking at a bad car accident" effect. It's just amazing how people can end up like this and contribute to such a problematic culture.
What exactly is your own work that you're working towards?

I don't think he deserves any compassion tbh I think there are far more deserving people to direct compassion towards. Even if he made it clear that he understood his flaws and was trying to change them, I could understand why he was deserving of compassion, but he is very self-righteous and stubborn in his ugly personality.

Reactions: 2
I just get the impression from watching Joel that he’s really bitchy and two faced. Most likely one of those people who will make little nasty sarcastic remarks (well not most likely we’ve seen him do it multiple times) call me jealous or whatever but it’s really not fair that a narc like him gets everything handed to him on a plate , I have no compassion whatsoever

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I just get the impression from watching Joel that he’s really bitchy and two faced. Most likely one of those people who will make little nasty sarcastic remarks (well not most likely we’ve seen him do it multiple times) call me jealous or whatever but it’s really not fair that a narc like him gets everything handed to him on a plate , I have no compassion whatsoever
Oh 100%!

Worst of all I feel like he probably thinks he's earned it. Like, he was overweight and likely bullied or talked down to because of it but instead of learning from that and treating others with respect, I think he's one of them people who went from being bullied to being the bully. Same with his comments about 'crack dens' and stuff, I bet he totally hates poor people and just thinks they're all not as hard working as him. Just the vibes I get.

Yes ! he's a total snob no doubt about it, expects a red carpet rolled out for him because he's done a few crappy voice over ads. Like you said the crack den comment and calling his house a cottage, think he's a bit embarrassed to admit it's a terrace ?

What exactly is your own work that you're working towards?
There's a high chance that it will never see the light of day, but I am working on a fictional romantic tragedy (not erotic) novel about an influencer desperate for both love and fame. I hope the obvious appeal ends up being the catharsis of a tragic romance, but I'm trying to focus on dissecting the toxic nature of idealizing fame and celebrity and delve into why the character ends up warped and unwittingly acting in such a toxic way, how society and fandom pander to that in general, and how things really feel behind the scenes.

Joel and similar people make excellent real-life examples of this phenomenon. I originally majored in psychology but ended up working as a ghost writer for a public relations firm, doing everything from anonymously submitting gossip articles to working with publicity mills designed to generate the illusion of fandom (fake followers and profiles, trolling to generate gossip, etc) before a real one actually exists.

Most of this is harmless and most people buy into it. However, in that field, I quickly learned that one can end up contributing to questionable things. As someone with a keen interest in personality theory and a love of writing, I hope to be able to portray how Cluster B personality traits/disorders (particularly in the US) pave the way for such phenomena. I'm hoping to do it in a fictional way that isn't clinical and helps people develop the empathy required to both be immune to it, understand why people do it and stop contributing to it.

This was already in the works prior to learning about Joel, but when I was asked to write the smut about him and his ex and looked into him, it was hard to stop. I was amazed at how easy it was to want to learn more! I wouldn't say the character is based on him, but he's definitely an inspiration for many facets of a someone I want to portray as pretty equally protagonist and antagonist, unable to get out of their own way, has constant ups and downs in self-esteem. This is someone widely misunderstood, that has amassed some form of perceived "success", but has chronic feelings of inadequacy, emptiness, abandonment issues, an unstable sense of self, attention-seeking behavior, frantic attempts to save face, reactive attachment, etc. This person appears supremely narcissistic, but in reality is mostly overcompensating for borderline (emotionally unstable) and histrionic (attention craving) traits. Tell me he isn't one of the perfect people to look into to observe at least some of that! 😬

There's a high chance that it will never see the light of day, but I am working on a fictional romantic tragedy (not erotic) novel about an influencer desperate for both love and fame. I hope the obvious appeal ends up being the catharsis of a tragic romance, but I'm trying to focus on dissecting the toxic nature of idealizing fame and celebrity and delve into why the character ends up warped and unwittingly acting in such a toxic way, how society and fandom pander to that in general, and how things really feel behind the scenes.

Joel and similar people make excellent real-life examples of this phenomenon. I originally majored in psychology but ended up working as a ghost writer for a public relations firm, doing everything from anonymously submitting gossip articles to working with publicity mills designed to generate the illusion of fandom (fake followers and profiles, trolling to generate gossip, etc) before a real one actually exists.

Most of this is harmless and most people buy into it. However, in that field, I quickly learned that one can end up contributing to questionable things. As someone with a keen interest in personality theory and a love of writing, I hope to be able to portray how Cluster B personality traits/disorders (particularly in the US) pave the way for such phenomena. I'm hoping to do it in a fictional way that isn't clinical and helps people develop the empathy required to both be immune to it, understand why people do it and stop contributing to it.

This was already in the works prior to learning about Joel, but when I was asked to write the smut about him and his ex and looked into him, it was hard to stop. I was amazed at how easy it was to want to learn more! I wouldn't say the character is based on him, but he's definitely an inspiration for many facets of a someone I want to portray as pretty equally protagonist and antagonist, unable to get out of their own way, has constant ups and downs in self-esteem. This is someone widely misunderstood, that has amassed some form of perceived "success", but has chronic feelings of inadequacy, emptiness, abandonment issues, an unstable sense of self, attention-seeking behavior, frantic attempts to save face, reactive attachment, etc. This person appears supremely narcissistic, but in reality is mostly overcompensating for borderline (emotionally unstable) and histrionic (attention craving) traits. Tell me he isn't one of the perfect people to look into to observe at least some of that! 😬
So you're from the US but popped to London recently to visit a friend and happened to find Joel on Tinder whilst you visited? 😉

And you were hired by a PR firm to write a fan fiction about Joel?

• Haha
So you're from the US but popped to London recently to visit a friend and happened to find Joel on Tinder whilst you visited? 😉

And you were hired by a PR firm to write a fan fiction about Joel?
😂 Not quite. I was there for work (not in PR) but yes I have a few friends and some extended family there. Erotica is more of a hobby I engage with anonymously, like gossip, and the paid requests can be fun, but they're usually more along the lines of "Can you write a story about John Stamos having a threesome with me and my wife?" and tit like that as far as fantasies about real people usually go. I hadn't actually written anything particularly fanfiction erotica before though (as in a story completely about other people and not involving whoever requested it).

Joel was literally just the first one to pop up one time that I was checking Tinder and I found it hilarious enough to be worth mentioning here. That's all. He wouldn't even need Tinder if he had a personality transplant.

I've had a lot of unusual requests, but the particular niche of those two was a little curious. Anyway, neither of them were supposed to see it and that obviously got weird, but getting small bits of money for pumping out random shorts that take maybe 10 minutes to write was okay, especially since it ended up being fun to do and easy to get into. I first thought someone making sure they knew about it was to get his/their attention, but I have thought about whether or not it could have been a publicity stunt. The only reason I doubt it is because no flack or decent manager would attempt to cause the illusion of attention to be drawn to a client's negative reaction to fan content. A good one would advise them to ignore such clear attempts to force a reaction by anyone, nevermind try to cause such attention. Also, the only story posted online was on Reddit, blocked from being able to appear on search-engine results, etc. Yas didn't just stumble upon it.

At this point though, this thread is just flat out entertaining, especially since I'm pretty suspicious holden9 and other users are actually just Joel or closely connected to him. Whether they are or not, this whole conversation (or fake conversation?) has been absolutely entertaining to watch and engage with. 😉

That being said, I'll tone it down now. It's all gotten way to serious, so my apologies. 😬

At this point though, this thread is just flat out entertaining, especially since I'm pretty suspicious holden9 and other users are actually just Joel or closely connected to him.
What makes you think that I'm Joel or someone associated with him? Recall that I'm not the one who conveniently happened to match him on Tinder on the first try. I'm also not the one with the username "J&LFan."

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you made some good points about Joel and his tit personality. But I'm still perplexed as to why you'd choose him for your case study :unsure:

What makes you think that I'm Joel or someone associated with him? Recall that I'm not the one who conveniently happened to match him on Tinder on the first try. I'm also not the one with the username "J&LFan."

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you made some good points about Joel and his tit personality. But I'm still perplexed as to why you'd choose him for your case study :unsure:
Joel is an interesting choice because I can stand watching him and his issues are so very apparent that it's interesting to me. I wouldn't call him my case study, since I am actually observing seven different "influencers". He's really just the most interestingly messed up one. And yes, I find him attractive in that "douchebag I don't want to be physically attracted to but am anyway" kind of way. Maybe part of that is from choosing to see him that way to create the erotica? 😅

Point is- it's entertaining and fun for me to look into him. The others are mostly endearing and maybe somewhat cloying but not entirely interesting and certainly not worth gossip. Joel is just deliciously fucked up! Of course, I would never want to interact with him personally or meet him. He just creates content that is fun to hate, look into, and gossip about. I appreciate the duality it causes me to feel. I am a fan and a hater, but "J&LFan/Hater" doesn't look as good. 😂

Okay...

*Puts on Poirot moustache*

You claim someone said they "saw Yas leaving Joel's house in the early hours of the morning" and have since deleted that comment. Then you claimed you went to London to visit a friend, but used a fake GPS app to trick Tinder into believing you were still at home, but yet managed to find Joel on the app despite this? I don't know much about Tinder, but isn't the appeal of it something to do with finding people in your area? You being in London sounds dubious, I don't think you ever were in London, but doing something to search for Joel through other means.

Then you claim a PR company hired you to write an erotic fan fiction about Joel and Yas, and you get paid requests to do this about others too, when any teenager worth their pimples and with access to a laptop write fan fiction for free? Another suspicious claim. I believe you wanted to write fan fiction about Joel because it's something that interests you greatly.

You claim Joel is fascinating. This is clearly and absolutely false. To the jury, I present Exhibit A: The Joel Wood YouTube Channel. Did you know he has moved into a cottage?? ;)🤣🤣

The fact that you're singling holden and "others in this thread" (I assume you include me) out as potential Joel accounts makes you even more suspicious. I believe your rebuttals and explanations about why you like Joel and why you don't like him do not add up. You seem to be trying to, in the worst way I've ever seen, control the narrative on Joel that he's this sexy guy whom people love to hate when he's absolutely nothing of the sort to anyone in this thread

You're either Joel, Yas, or someone whom Joel knows that is posting with Joel's consent to drum up interest in him.

But I digress.....

Who saw his latest video?! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Joel: Drew what kind of birthday cake would you like me to bake for you?

Drew: Mm... red velvet sounds good right about now

Joel: Do you like oreos? I'll bake you an oreo cake

*5 hours later Joel lazily slathers buttercream mixed with oreo crumbs onto the saddest looking cake I've ever seen.

Joel: Lucy aren't I the best baker evaar? Like OMG, your mom is a baker and I'm a way better baker than you. Your mom should adopt me. No seriously

• Haha
  • Heart
Okay...

*Puts on Poirot moustache*

You claim someone said they "saw Yas leaving Joel's house in the early hours of the morning" and have since deleted that comment. Then you claimed you went to London to visit a friend, but used a fake GPS app to trick Tinder into believing you were still at home, but yet managed to find Joel on the app despite this? I don't know much about Tinder, but isn't the appeal of it something to do with finding people in your area? You being in London sounds dubious, I don't think you ever were in London, but doing something to search for Joel through other means.

Then you claim a PR company hired you to write an erotic fan fiction about Joel and Yas, and you get paid requests to do this about others too, when any teenager worth their pimples and with access to a laptop write fan fiction for free? Another suspicious claim. I believe you wanted to write fan fiction about Joel because it's something that interests you greatly.

You claim Joel is fascinating. This is clearly and absolutely false. To the jury, I present Exhibit A: The Joel Wood YouTube Channel. Did you know he has moved into a cottage?? ;)🤣🤣

The fact that you're singling holden and "others in this thread" (I assume you include me) out as potential Joel accounts makes you even more suspicious. I believe your rebuttals and explanations about why you like Joel and why you don't like him do not add up. You seem to be trying to, in the worst way I've ever seen, control the narrative on Joel that he's this sexy guy whom people love to hate when he's absolutely nothing of the sort to anyone in this thread

You're either Joel, Yas, or someone whom Joel knows that is posting with Joel's consent to drum up interest in him.

But I digress.....

Who saw his latest video?! 😂
This had me laughing so hard! 😂 Thank you. Maybe we should just go with your recollections of what I've written and your suspicions because they are far more entertaining than what I remember! I'm really not even being sarcastic or passive-aggressive. It was very funny and what I come here for! 😂🤣🤭

Moving on though:
Joel: Drew what kind of birthday cake would you like me to bake for you?

Drew: Mm... red velvet sounds good right about now

Joel: Do you like oreos? I'll bake you an oreo cake

*5 hours later Joel lazily slathers buttercream mixed with oreo crumbs onto the saddest looking cake I've ever seen.

Joel: Lucy aren't I the best baker evaar? Like OMG, your mom is a baker and I'm a way better baker than you. Your mom should adopt me. No seriously
Yes, I saw the latest video. What is that song he and Lia keep using for those sort of intermission parts "..fire, fire" or "higher, higher.." something? Is there a reason they are stick on it or being so cheesy about it?

Watched Joel make the kind of cake he wanted to eat for his friend so he could show how good of a baker he is to everyone.. and the presents so we could all see what a great guy/friend he is. By the way, who even is Drew? Another YouTuber or some other person he can use to social-climb [cough*] I mean "network" with.

Just watched the one of him bragging about his smart mirror.

We get it Joel.. you're so cool and have all the fancy things! We know you weren't really thirst-trapping at all by doing those squats in front of the mirror. I know you weren't intentionally flaunting your nice arse for the thirsty and that those that noticed it are just objectifying and slutty! Just like when you took that picture in your dressing gown! How could you have possibly known it would send the internet into such a tizzy?! Also, it's so nice to see what a wonderful grandson and masculine hard worker you are for painting your granddad's fence... 🙄

There's no way the cleaner thought you were lazy or slob, and we know you didn't expect her to do all of that!

Omg haven't caught up on this thread but looks like theres a lot going on!

Unrelated but: in the latest vlog, Joel is clearly breaking UK lockdown regulations by having people in his house. I commented this and the comment has been deleted. Guilty! :unsure:😤

• Angry
  • Wow
Omg haven't caught up on this thread but looks like theres a lot going on!

Unrelated but: in the latest vlog, Joel is clearly breaking UK lockdown regulations by having people in his house. I commented this and the comment has been deleted. Guilty! :unsure:😤
The best is when he said something like "Don't worry guys I was in their support bubble last week and besides it was outdoors in our garden" on Twitter responding to someone bitching to him about it yesterday. I wish I screenshotted it because now it's all deleted! 😂

The best is when he said something like "Don't worry guys I was in their support bubble last week and besides it was outdoors in our garden" on Twitter responding to someone bitching to him about it yesterday. I wish I screenshotted it because now it's all deleted! 😂
hahah oh wow I’m glad someone called him out. Firstly, that’s not how bubbles work as it was clearly 2 people coming over. Secondly, they decorated the house and were inside the house making cocktails and stuff and tbh I didn’t look that closely but it doesn’t seem like their grubby garden furniture moved and plus they only have 2 chairs outside. So who was sitting in Ava’s poo, Joel? 😂

• Haha
😂 Not quite. I was there for work (not in PR) but yes I have a few friends and some extended family there. Erotica is more of a hobby I engage with anonymously, like gossip, and the paid requests can be fun, but they're usually more along the lines of "Can you write a story about John Stamos having a threesome with me and my wife?" and tit like that as far as fantasies about real people usually go. I hadn't actually written anything particularly fanfiction erotica before though (as in a story completely about other people and not involving whoever requested it).

Joel was literally just the first one to pop up one time that I was checking Tinder and I found it hilarious enough to be worth mentioning here. That's all. He wouldn't even need Tinder if he had a personality transplant.
So you’re from the US but recently travelled to London for work? I’m afraid I’m still sceptical as I just don’t think that is a viable option at the moment. With most things being done remotely and our strict restrictions on international travel it seems unlikely still.
Look, there’s no shame in having changed your location on Tinder to try to see if he was on there! Just the story doesn’t add up. When we’ve discussed the area he lives in before you never mentioned knowing the area or having friends/family that lived nearby.
I second a lot of @JoelFizz ’s point in their brilliant investigative post.
Either way, I just find it ironic that you’re criticising Joel for being fame hungry etc but you’re constantly dropping little titbits of new information without any evidence and trying to project yourself as a researcher with an academic interest in this, rather than just a little bit of a gossipy silliness like most people on Tattle.

So you’re from the US but recently travelled to London for work? I’m afraid I’m still sceptical as I just don’t think that is a viable option at the moment. With most things being done remotely and our strict restrictions on international travel it seems unlikely still.
Look, there’s no shame in having changed your location on Tinder to try to see if he was on there! Just the story doesn’t add up. When we’ve discussed the area he lives in before you never mentioned knowing the area or having friends/family that lived nearby.
I second a lot of @JoelFizz ’s point in their brilliant investigative post.
Either way, I just find it ironic that you’re criticising Joel for being fame hungry etc but you’re constantly dropping little titbits of new information without any evidence and trying to project yourself as a researcher with an academic interest in this, rather than just a little bit of a gossipy silliness like most people on Tattle.
Sure! Guilty as charged. 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone else think he'll eventually end up getting another hair transplant? Also, what's the deal about his brothers? Have we ever seen the straight middle one? Doesn't the older one just always looks so uncomfortable being in his videos? Even more so than the his parents?

Oh! Just remembered. In the latest vlog, he mentions that his terraced house has an addition that doesn’t comply with building regulations (and that he and Lucy’s dads both surveyed because they both work in property.. of course) but they still bought it. And that ~apparently~ their place is £100k cheaper than comparable properties in the area. Joel you idiot, even if that was true, wouldn’t that be a massive red flag that maybe you were biting off more than you can chew? You can’t just slap some paint on it and call it a cottage and suddenly make it worth over half a mill. It basically needs the entire back extended and a full layout change, not to mention probably new windows throughout. Not cheap.
He also mentioned remortgaging in a few years. Someone make it make sense.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.