Joel Wood

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are the chances of Joel being the first person to pop up on your Tinder unless you were near him? This is sus and creepy. Are you sure you're not Yas?
Quite sure I'm not Yas but I always suspect a few other posters here to really just be Joel. It's supremely entertaining to be on this thread either way. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Perhaps it was my search preferences (27-32) and I was pretty close to the neighborhood he and Lucy used to live at that time. I just love seeing how he interacts anonymously with gossip threads about him, likely through multiple accounts, often in a superficially self-deprecating way in an attempt to sway gossip about him towards more benign topics and to see what people really think. It's fascinating!

Last edited:
It says your 2000 odd miles away though ?

and ikr ? He wears nothing but athletic wear but made a big hoo-ha about that clothes box he paid a couple hundred Β£ for that had smart clothes in but none of them have seen the light of day since

It says your 2000 odd miles away though ?

and ikr ? He wears nothing but athletic wear but made a big hoo-ha about that clothes box he paid a couple hundred Β£ for that had smart clothes in but none of them have seen the light of day since
Yeah, the fake GPS app I tried using to be able to view potential matches back home while I there seemed to affect the distance shown but still showed me results for my actual location? Tinder quickly sent me a notification warning of account suspension for attempting to fake my location. I just wanted to see matches back in NY since I was there for only a month. πŸ˜…

No fooling them, I suppose! I swiped left regardless, but I was so tempted to swipe right just to see if I'd get a match! I couldn't get myself to do it, though. I think it would have been a bit too embarrassing to know I'd been swiped left on by that man. Not sure I'd feel honoured to match with that one, either. Now I regret not having just done it just for a chance to take the piss out of him!

As for the clothing choices, I've never seen him in anything but activewear, hoodies, and sweats ever since he's decided to stop being a "gross/fat" person. No more t-shirts, jeans, or nice jumpers for Joel now that he's not a "gross fatty" anymore!

Hatzakis? "Slag Years"? If she was out shagging men as much as she implies, we'd hear far more about it from the men by now! And internalised misogyny?? What do you mean?
Internalised misogyny is basically internalising the beliefs that women aren't worthy of respect so you don't expect it for yourself and other women. Lia wreaks of this imo.
Quite sure I'm not Yas but I always suspect a few other posters here to really just be Joel. It's supremely entertaining to be on this thread either way. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Perhaps it was my search preferences (27-32) and I was pretty close to the neighborhood he and Lucy used to live at that time. I just love seeing how he interacts anonymously with gossip threads about him, likely through multiple accounts, often in a superficially self-deprecating way in an attempt to sway gossip about him towards more benign topics and to see what people really think. It's fascinating!
How do you know he interacts with these threads? Tbh I'm still so sus of you! You definitely know him or have connections to him :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
How do you know he interacts with these threads? Tbh I'm still so sus of you! You definitely know him or have connections to him :ROFLMAO:
I don't have definitive proof that Joel or Yasin interacts with these threads, just a strong suspicion (not to mention of Leaya!). I have no connections to Joel and have only ever briefly interacted with Yas. I've suspected a few accounts on here to really just be Joel/Lia/Yasin-connected.

Writing the J&Y fanfiction just ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Even though I've agreed to stop writing it, I'm now kind of hooked on seeing how this sort of life plays out for someone like him.. He's literally just a very interesting main character. That's all πŸ’

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Internalised misogyny is basically internalising the beliefs that women aren't worthy of respect so you don't expect it for yourself and other women. Lia wreaks of this imo.

@J&LFan I agree with everyone here, you're coming off as hugely suspicious with what you're saying. I quote:

"I just love seeing how he interacts anonymously with gossip threads about him, likely through multiple accounts, often in a superficially self-deprecating way in an attempt to sway gossip about him towards more benign topics and to see what people really think. It's fascinating!"

How could you possibly know for certain Joel does this, as you're implying? I know there's several who believe both him and Hatzakis do this (and have apparently been caught doing it, if they are to be believed) but you say it with certainty like you know for sure that he uses fake accounts to interact with gossip threads like this one. If you truly know Joel, what you're saying would indicate you are Yas or some other person he's slighted in the past. I have no doubt there are several.

Another option is to believe you actually are Joel's friend that lives in the USA that he's visited in the past. The one he calls his best friend, am I right?? πŸ˜‚ Of course, you wouldn't say if you were. Of course, I could be wrong. Tis all speculation!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I just don’t know what to think of it tbh, something does seem a bit off πŸ€”

Reactions: 2
All this drama and we’re only on thread 1 πŸ˜‚ when Joel’s tattle thread is more exciting than his YouTube channel πŸ˜‚

• Haha
I think actually knowing Joel but talking about him like this would create a degree of cognitive dissonance for me that I would simply not be comfortable with. Honestly, I could never talk about someone I personally knew in such a way on a public forum, and the only reason I can regarding him is because I *don't* know or have any connections to him.

After initially doing some light research on him and Yasin for the erotica, I became pretty fascinated with the whole "influencer" fauxlebrity phenomenon. It's really just become fascinating to me how certain people are able to wrap fandoms around their finger and actually make a living and gain such a rabid following. I'm perplexed by his ability to create such parasocial relationships with people he doesn't even know. Obviously, many people do this, but I suppose he was just the first one that I actually looked into and caught my attention?
Well, they laugh reacted to my post. So should we interpret it as an evil cackle or a "You're crazy!" laugh? πŸ˜‚
Maybe both! πŸ˜‚

It's supremely interesting to me that I could resent someone I don't know and see such problematic behaviour, yet feel a bit of compassion for at the same time. And yes, I think he's ridiculously attractive, and it's all just become so interesting as he's actually an excellent person to write about! I had never thought about such a person before and it's just so entertaining to talk about. That's all. No connection, just an interest that vexes and entertains me simultaneously. πŸ’

I know! Maybe this is what Joel had in his plan all this time!
I think actually knowing Joel but talking about him like this would create a degree of cognitive dissonance for me that I would simply not be comfortable with. Honestly, I could never talk about someone I personally knew in such a way on a public forum, and the only reason I can regarding him is because I *don't* know or have any connections to him.

After initially doing some light research on him and Yasin for the erotica, I became pretty fascinated with the whole "influencer" fauxlebrity phenomenon. It's really just become fascinating to me how certain people are able to wrap fandoms around their finger and actually make a living and gain such a rabid following. I'm perplexed by his ability to create such parasocial relationships with people he doesn't even know. Obviously, many people do this, but I suppose he was just the first one that I actually looked into and caught my attention?

Maybe both! πŸ˜‚

It's supremely interesting to me that I could resent someone I don't know and see such problematic behaviour, yet feel a bit of compassion for at the same time. And yes, I think he's ridiculously attractive, and it's all just become so interesting as he's actually an excellent person to write about! I had never thought about such a person before and it's just so entertaining to talk about. That's all. No connection, just an interest that vexes and entertains me simultaneously. πŸ’

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this but I will say, Joel and Lia are at the bottom end of the fauxlebrity phenomenon. Of course, they try and appear like they are near the top but compared to others like James and Carys and Family Fizz? Absolute nobodies. Their fandom mainly consists of old American ladies who find them cute and apparently that is enough for them to think they're bigger than the Beatles. LOL.

• Haha
I know! Maybe this is what Joel had in his plan all this time!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this but I will say, Joel and Lia are at the bottom end of the fauxlebrity phenomenon. Of course, they try and appear like they are near the top but compared to others like James and Carys and Family Fizz? Absolute nobodies. Their fandom mainly consists of old American ladies who find them cute and apparently that is enough for them to think they're bigger than the Beatles. LOL.
That's the thing! I know they are "nobodies". I see their obsession with fame constantly being presented as a passion for acting/entertainment. It's actually sad and I feel more compassion for them than annoyance. I know what causes that sort of behavior and am vehemently against it. I also find them adorable. I also see a man who deep down thinks he's undesirable and never good enough while also thinking he's amazing in such an unstable and varying sense of self. For any fellow nerdy types, look up cluster B personality disorders criteria..

Seriously though, someone just love this guy to death already so he can become someone we want to see succeed! LOL Someone else tell him what a douche he comes across as due to his lack of perspective! Cancel the BS and be honest all fans, haters, and "faters" πŸ˜‚

It would be amazing to see someone like this develop into someone worth their platform (however large or small) and realize their potential. Either way, someone like him makes an excellent character to demolish and rebuild, even if it's just a fiction writer's fantasy..

That's the thing! I know they are "nobodies". I see their obsession with fame constantly being presented as a passion for acting/entertainment. It's actually sad and I feel more compassion for them than annoyance. I know what causes that sort of behavior and am vehemently against it. I also find them adorable. I also see a man who deep down thinks he's undesirable and never good enough while also thinking he's amazing in such an unstable and varying sense of self. For any fellow nerdy types, look up cluster B personality disorders criteria..

Seriously though, someone just love this guy to death already so he can become someone we want to see succeed! LOL Someone else tell him what a douche he comes across as due to his lack of perspective! Cancel the BS and be honest all fans, haters, and "faters" πŸ˜‚

It would be amazing to see someone like this develop into someone worth their platform (however large or small) and realize their potential. Either way, someone like him makes an excellent character to demolish and rebuild, even if it's just a fiction writer's fantasy..
Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here too.

I just find your fetishism of him and his relationships with other men really jarring and it makes me quite uncomfortable.

I think it might just be because I see nothing attractive about Joel. Physically, he's just a slightly-above-average looking guy but I can't look past that because of his clearly toxic personality. He has no redeeming qualities. I don't find his short-falls 'adorable' because he has chosen the most narcissistic 'career' path and has chosen to not only monetise his personality (or lack thereof) but the constant struggling to keep his head above the water of relevancy also makes me cringe.

At this point I'm just watching for one of 2 reasons; mainly to come here and see what people are saying because it's hilarious. And secondly because I'm interested in young people buying homes in London/the UK and seeing what they do and how they do it. Obviously there is also an element of car-crash-TV 'can't look away' to it also :eek:

I have no desire to see Joel succeed as his success would validate a lot of things I disagree with. That's not to say I want any harm to come from him, I don't. I don't want that for anyone who has a tattle thread or is an 'influencer' or whatever. I just wholeheartedly believe that 'success' in the field only comes when they pack it all in tbh.

• Heart
Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here too.

I just find your fetishism of him and his relationships with other men really jarring and it makes me quite uncomfortable.

I think it might just be because I see nothing attractive about Joel. Physically, he's just a slightly-above-average looking guy but I can't look past that because of his clearly toxic personality. He has no redeeming qualities. I don't find his short-falls 'adorable' because he has chosen the most narcissistic 'career' path and has chosen to not only monetise his personality (or lack thereof) but the constant struggling to keep his head above the water of relevancy also makes me cringe.

At this point I'm just watching for one of 2 reasons; mainly to come here and see what people are saying because it's hilarious. And secondly because I'm interested in young people buying homes in London/the UK and seeing what they do and how they do it. Obviously there is also an element of car-crash-TV 'can't look away' to it also :eek:

I have no desire to see Joel succeed as his success would validate a lot of things I disagree with. That's not to say I want any harm to come from him, I don't. I don't want that for anyone who has a tattle thread or is an 'influencer' or whatever. I just wholeheartedly believe that 'success' in the field only comes when they pack it all in tbh.
Agreed. The fetishism of Joel and his relationships is weird.

I'm with @Greenlentils the only way he or Hatzakis will find success is getting off YouTube and getting on with their lives. I also would never want to see any harm befall him, Hatzakis or any other influencer. I'm here to take the absolute piss out of what they put online because I find amusement in it. It's just criticism at the end of the day. He can call us all haters or whatever he wants but really, the proof is in the obvious steaming turd puddings he puts up as content.

• Haha
@JoelFizz im glad you and @Greenlentils have told it how it is πŸ˜… I’m the same I come on here for a good laugh at all these influencers but would never wish any harm to befall them. I think there is too much of a fetishism of Joel and his relationships like what joefizz said

It's fine. People can assume that I am creepily obsessed with or objectifying him in some way, but his content and reading between the lines gives an excellent perspective onto someone obsessed with fame, acclaim, and attention (he literally openly states that he wishes he was royal.. I mean, come on! Grow up already, Sansa! πŸ‘ΈπŸ™„).

It's fascinating. I don't care. I love watching him and observing one of the most entertaining examples of synergistic dysfunction and gossiping about it. And yes, as someone who has dealt with very similar but far more severe issues with growing up "Christian" but not sexually conforming, I DO find his relationships with other men and how he deals with those sorts of issues quite interesting of course I am always curious about what he's really up to in that regard.

As someone that used to be obsessed with the idea TV/film acting into my late teens (although not out of a desire to be famous), I do find his childlike/childish attitude and approach cringy, entertaining, and fun to poke fun at. I had to grow up quickly and deal with similar insecurities and be an adult early. So yes, I'm a little overly interested in the idea of someone even being able to end up like him..

Now, I know that stuff is probably a lot less interesting to most people than what color he painted his office wall and disparaging his house, but please forgive my "sus" creepiness.

What can I say? Beautiful messes are as intriguing as ever and make excellent muses.

There you go, Joel: You've inspired someone, and perhaps in an even more meaningful way than going to the gym. 🀭

But the thing about 'influencers' and internet personalities like him is that they project this idea of 'I worked so hard for what I have and if you work hard too, you can be like me' and it's actually really damaging because it's unattainable to most and skews the idea of what it is to 'work hard' - like, you could already be working 50+ hours a week at a normal job and might not feel like you're working hard enough because you haven't achieved the same as these people.

At the end of the day, 9 times out of 10 it isn't working any harder than other people. It's luck of the draw and/or a support system around them allowing them to pursue what others can't. Be it financial support or not.

Joel's family clearly support him to do what he does, no doubt financially, but also by providing the time and space and an unspoken safety net that he can go out and do what he does and keep trying until he gets what he wants. Most people can't do that because they need to just get a job and secure a sustainable income and don't have the option to trial-and-error their lives/careers.

But the thing about 'influencers' and internet personalities like him is that they project this idea of 'I worked so hard for what I have and if you work hard too, you can be like me' and it's actually really damaging because it's unattainable to most and skews the idea of what it is to 'work hard' - like, you could already be working 50+ hours a week at a normal job and might not feel like you're working hard enough because you haven't achieved the same as these people.

At the end of the day, 9 times out of 10 it isn't working any harder than other people. It's luck of the draw and/or a support system around them allowing them to pursue what others can't. Be it financial support or not.

Joel's family clearly support him to do what he does, no doubt financially, but also by providing the time and space and an unspoken safety net that he can go out and do what he does and keep trying until he gets what he wants. Most people can't do that because they need to just get a job and secure a sustainable income and don't have the option to trial-and-error their lives/careers.
exactly, almost all (if not all) "lifestyle" influencers are from well off families so that in the beginning (before stuff is gifted) they are able to show aspirational things like eating in nice restaurants/going on holiday etc

Oh definitely @Greenlentils! Most of the things you said are the largest parts of the reason I find him and the toxic culture he helps sustain to be so infuriating. It's a large theme that I am actually trying to address in my own work right now.

I just also know where a lot this type of behavior comes from and why it matters. I'm not simply a hater and do really feel some compassion towards people like him that still seem so empty inside. It's a total mess that I can't do help but stare at. You actually took words right out of my mouth when you mentioned the whole "involuntarily gawking at a bad car accident" effect. It's just amazing how people can end up like this and contribute to such a problematic culture.

I love watching this train wreck as well but I would not go out of my way to install a fake GPS app to find Joel on Tinder. You would of had to sleuth hard to find his location and that just doesn't seem like normal behaviour.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.