Joe Wicks - The Body Coach

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s just filmed her opposite him eating lunch.

His Instastory with the chickpea stew. He shows her opposite him.

I think he said on the story it’s his Mum, it sounded like he said ‘MY MUM has a bit’ I honestly don’t think it’s Rosie!

Reactions: 1
Nutrition 🙄 starve your kid so she eats your curry. Great parenting.

I also find it massively uncomfortable that he uses the phrase ‘Nosh it off’ about his toddler 🤮

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
So she eats no lunch... and he leaves it THREE HOURS before offering the same thing again! She’s only one year old, she must be starving 😢

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I came here to see what other people thought about him leaving Indie with no food if she doesn't eat.
I'm not a parent yet so I wasn't sure what reaction others would have.

I get what he's trying to do but I feel like teaching a kid that they don't get snacks if they don't eat their main only applies when they're older.

He's saying she likes the food but she doesn't eat it because she's not hungry and shows she does like the food by eating it all when offered it later but is she just eating because she's starving and knows she won't get anything else if she doesn't?
I feel like she's going to have a strange relationship with food as she grows up if she thinks she HAS to eat everything they give her otherwise she'll be left to go hungry.

When my nephew was at that stage of weaning they would give him a selection plate and let him pick at what he wanted. There would be cheese, finger veg, bread sticks and hummus and some sort of protein. Some days he would decide he didn't want cheese but would eat everything else, the next day he wouldn't touch the veg but he'd always eat something.

ETA: I just saw this after posting and couldn't believe it!

Screenshot_20191215-174205_Instagram.jpg

So she could have 1 mouthful at lunch and refuse it and 1 at dinner and refuse it and then she just gets milk before bed until breakfast!?
Of course she "smashes a massive breakfast" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I’m thinking he reads here

My daughter is 2 almost 3 and I rarely let her go over 2 hours without something to eat. Usually breakfast then 2 hours later small snack. 2 hours later lunch 2 hours later small snack 2 hours later dinner. Sometimes she will refuse the snack but I always offer. This advice is the Norm.

Reactions: 6
I would bet my house on this child growing up with disordered eating.

Reactions: 7
Wow poor 1 year old Indie....getting starved cos she didnt want any lunch. She will end up having eating problems all her life if this is what is going on at 1 years old!

Get over yourself Joe and let her enjoy food! Not one toddler has died from eating weetabix or a bag of quavers!

It’s awful. As I said earlier, my daughter is a week older than Indie and of course, they have their fusses phases and it’s frustrating as hell - but I would NEVER starve her until I next decided it was ‘mealtime’. I might just give her a slice of toast and a yoghurt instead of the meal so she has something in her. She always has a bottle of milk before bed too (Joe has said today that Indie will only her a small one because she ate so late - never mind, she’s barely eaten at all)

She goes to nursery 4 days a week - she has 3 meals and 2 snacks in 9 hour window, pretty much the same at home.. Indie doesn’t get that in 48 hours.

Reactions: 8
Someone is obviously reading here. His stories have changed to show only a bowl of food for him and Indie, not the three bowls that were on the original one

Also he took her to the park earlier then stopped off and had two sausage rolls and a cinnamon bun. Please tell me he didn’t sit in front of her and eat all of that and not give her something?! What’s the bet that’s actually the reason why she didn’t want her chickpea curry 😂

Reactions: 4
Someone is obviously reading here. His stories have changed to show only a bowl of food for him and Indie, not the three bowls that were on the original one

Also he took her to the park earlier then stopped off and had two sausage rolls and a cinnamon bun. Please tell me he didn’t sit in front of her and eat all of that and not give her something?! What’s the bet that’s actually the reason why she didn’t want her chickpea curry 😂
I find his relationship with food very confusing, it’s almost like he binges on ‘normal’ foods then fasts on clean food? Maybe this is normal to lots of people, I don’t know, but as a child this seems mixed messages? Watching Jamie Oliver tonight cooking with his kids and his 3 yo was helping him make a tiramisu and he said to his Dad “I love chocolate” and I thought good for him giving his child a normal, balanced diet, let’s hope Joe’s kids grow up with a healthy respect for ALL foods and they don’t save chocolate as a “naughty” food like he seems to view it, something you binge on then ignore.

Reactions: 15
I find his relationship with food very confusing, it’s almost like he binges on ‘normal’ foods then fasts on clean food? Maybe this is normal to lots of people, I don’t know, but as a child this seems mixed messages? Watching Jamie Oliver tonight cooking with his kids and his 3 yo was helping him make a tiramisu and he said to his Dad “I love chocolate” and I thought good for him giving his child a normal, balanced diet, let’s hope Joe’s kids grow up with a healthy respect for ALL foods and they don’t save chocolate as a “naughty” food like he seems to view it, something you binge on then ignore.
I think Joe has a form of disordered eating. And his mentality is really unhealthy to project on to others.

Reactions: 7
He drives me crazy but just to say that was definitely his mum who had the third plate and not Rosie. It's still up on his account it's a photo of 2 plates followed by a video with his mum.

I'd love to know what happens if she refused the plate of curry at dinner as well ?!?

Reactions: 2
Not that I want to support Joe as I do find him incredibly smug and irritating. But he’s actually doing what is recommended by lots of dieticians when it comes to weaning/infant feeding. It’s called the division of responsibility - the parent decides what and when the food is offered, the child decides how much they want to eat of what is offered. If they don’t eat it, that’s ok but offering alternatives will teach the child that they don’t have to eat what’s offered to them and creates fussy eating habits. If he was honest about why he’s doing it/shared the evidence for it, and not trying to make out that he knows best then I don’t think he’d have such a negative response! He really is his own biggest fan 🤯

It’s the way he preaches that is the worst.. he has absolutely no qualification to talk about such things - it’s merely his own opinion but everyone will take it as fact.

Reactions: 4
My Nan was weaning babies before this jumped up little prat was even thought of. Nine babies grew up pretty ok, despite their individual eating habits when young!

Reactions: 3
Most of the time he feeds bowls of everything mixed in together - hardly a choice.

Using a bottle not recommended after 12 months.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.